Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Tangled Fates ❯ Tangled Fates (Part 3) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters of Bleach. They belong to their creator, Tite Kubo
 
 
This was written for the LiveJournal community fanfic_bakeoff. The prompt for March is “tangle” and the requirement is that each drabble be between 100 and 300 words.
 
 
Title: Tangled Fates (Part 3)
Rating: G
Word Count: 299
Summary: Yourichi gives Orihime some advice
 
 
Tangled Fates (Part 3)
 
“Hey, Orihime, you seem to be down.”
 
“Hi, Yourichi-san.”
 
“Worried about Ichigo again?”
 
“I… I don't know how to help him. I always wanted to protect him, but he keeps protecting me instead.” Orihime drew her legs up and set her chin on her knees. “Now he's worried about how our lives have become tangled together because he affected all of us unintentionally.”
 
Yourichi responded, “You know Ichigo - he worries about everything.” She elbowed Orihime. “I bet I know how you'd like to be tangled with him.”
 
The high school girl gasped. “I…I…”
 
“It's all right - I think everyone knows how you feel except for Ichigo. But don't worry because he has feelings for you, too.”
 
“I… What?”
 
“You know, for as tough as he is and as many battles as he's seen, he's still a very innocent boy. I'm pretty certain that the only naked female body he's ever seen is mine.”
 
Orihime's eyes grew wide. “You mean!”
 
Yourichi laughed. “Not like that! I meant the first time I showed him my real form. You do realize I don't wear clothes as a cat. I was referring to the first time I transformed. I wish you could have seen his face - and him screaming at me to put some clothes on.”
 
Yourichi became more serious. “He doesn't realize he talks in his sleep. When he wasn't fighting battles he was calling your name.”
 
“But I thought Rukia… I mean she changed his world…”
 
“Have you ever really paid attention to them? They act more like siblings than anything,” Yourichi stated. “Just be patient. Ichigo still has some growing up to do. You know girls mature faster than boys, and Ichigo's had to deal with more than is normal. Give him time.”
 
Orihime smiled. “Thanks, Yourichi-san.” `I can wait.'