Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Until You... ❯ Prologue: Routine ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Until You…
 
 
missashlee28
 
 
Rating: PG-13 (Some light swearing)
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from Bleach.
 
 
Summary: AU. [Ichigo/Rukia]. The girl next door has got Ichigo tied up in knots and untwisting himself is more painful than expected.
 
 
 
 
 
Prologue: Routine
 
 
He liked to think of himself as a man of action. One who took his ideas and made them into reality. He didn't like to sit around and wait for the solution to appear, but defied the mold and made his own answers.
 
 
Really, he was not the type of guy to pine from afar after a woman. He had no trouble talking to women, as a child growing up without a mother he had been a bit shyer, but after living with his father and two sisters for so long, he had abandoned all subtly and possibly his sanity after a certain point.
 
 
But here he was, lusting and yearning for a woman and not doing a damn thing about it. Really, it was not like she was unapproachable, although one time he had seen her reject a guy, but even then it still had been done in a sweet manner. And they were on pretty friendly terms as far as neighbors went, so it wasn't a matter of trying to gain an introduction that was causing any problems.
 
 
He honestly wasn't too sure what the problem was at all, but it didn't change the fact that he simply didn't have the courage to ask her out. Sure, there were some special qualities about her that really separated her from other women he knew, like her honesty, compassion and humor, but there was nothing about her in particular that was scaring him off. Just some unexplainable feeling that he got when he was around her that made him really afraid he was going to screw up something good with the wrong words.
 
 
He was not a guy to be scared though, he didn't want anybody to be mistaken about that. As a private investigator he'd seen a lot of shit and dealt with a lot of real assholes. And even though he felt the occasional shiver of fear running down his spine, it wasn't quite the same as this paralyzing sort of daze that he went into whenever he was around her.
 
 
Her being the woman who lived in the apartment across from his. Her being the one who he ran into every single day without fail at the mailboxes. Her being the really attractive woman who starred in his dreams every night, leaving him to wake up uncomfortable and horny. Her being Kuchiki Rukia.
 
 
He was beginning to think that he enjoyed torturing himself in some perverse way because whenever he saw her, he simply acted like a good natured friend, when he wanted anything but that. It was like some sick twisted game to see just how friendly and flirty he could be with her, while wishing the whole while he would just get the damn thing over with and ask her out.
 
 
He could easily try to avoid seeing her altogether, because it wouldn't be too hard. He could get the mail at other times of the day or simply make sure that he didn't leave his apartment for work at the same time she did, so that they couldn't share an elevator. But, in fact he did all of these things on purpose, just to see her, which really just proved the fact that his mental health was becoming an issue. Which meant he really had to stop doing these things to himself and he swore to himself, he really would stop this madness with all possible haste.
 
 
But as he heard the click of her shoes down the hallway to the elevator that bright Thursday morning and he threw on his shoes as quickly as he could, Kurosaki Ichigo knew it would not be that morning that he stopped.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As always his timing was perfect. He had just stepped up behind Rukia when the doors dinged open to admit them both for the seven floor ride. And as always, when she walked into the elevator, his eyes were roving her body, drinking in her appearance of a new day. He wanted nothing more than to hit the emergency stop button, pin her against the wall and run his fingers under her skirt and along her thigh to see if she wore her nylons with garters or without, all the while tested the seam of her lips with his tongue.
 
 
Of course, he wouldn't do that.
 
 
She was always cheerful and seemingly innocent, but he saw the knowing sparkle that glowed deep within her eyes every morning as he stepped onto the elevator with her and pressed the ground floor button.
 
 
She always had a on a pressed business suit, although what she did exactly, he wasn't really sure of. Her hair was usually down, the length brushing her shoulders and framing her face and usually accompanying her was a purse and briefcase. And as always, she never failed to excite his lust.
 
 
Their routine began.
 
 
She smiled good naturedly at him. “Good morning, Ichigo.”
 
 
He nodded in acknowledgement.
 
 
“I trust you slept well?” she asked deceptively sweet. He had a feeling the little witch knew he dreamt about her every night.
 
His eyes met hers slowly and a small smile quirked his lips. “I would've slept better if you'd joined me.” His sick mind games were starting early today it seemed.
 
 
She never showed any shock to his playful flirtations; just a knowing glance was all she would ever return to him.
 
 
She started telling him some story about her pet, Kon, and his crazy antics while they left the elevator. They always walked to the coffee shop down the street and got something together and then shared a cab because they both worked on the same street.
 
 
Perhaps he was afraid to express his interest in her because he considered her somewhat of a friend and would hate to lose the tentative bond they shared. He always had his family to help and support him, but he knew Rukia did not anybody. He wanted to be her somebody
 
 
Despite the fact that they shared the most mundane aspects of life and saw each other at least once a day, did not mean that they were close. They knew very little about each other and did not delve into each other's lives. They were together but separate, had friendship but lacked closeness. He wanted more and knew nothing of what she wanted.
 
 
One day, he would find the courage to speak to her as his heart asked, until then would only speak without emotion, using flirting and teasing as a defense, never letting her know anything about himself.
 
 
Until…
 
 
 
 
 
Hi everyone! I have stared another Bleach fic, but I still plan on finishing Revelations. I just had this idea and wanted to write it. This shouldn't be more than 5 chapters for what I've got planned. I just really wanted to do something different and I have seen very little AU fics in the Bleach realm. So here it is, please tell me what you think.