Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ White Concerto: Groove ❯ ICARUS I / Air in G' Minor ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"It's not that you are able to achieve Beighlaur Dua but it doesn't make you any less of a target." Akashi states walking along the streets of the second district. "My bet is the assaults on the Raylines means that Yaiba is closer to his goal. Which if I remember correctly...means you and Tsubaki are going to be targetted soon."

He grips Yokonami hard and grits his teeth silently thinking. 'Yaiba you will not have my daughter.'

"But..." Ken interjects."For him to do that doesn't that mean both me and Tsubaki have to be ready to perform our rites as the Duas. Tsubaki can't reach Dua yet."

Akashi jerks his head to the side looking at Ken. "She can't..."

Ken shakes his head 'no'. "She becomes unstable after awhile. It's an emotional thing. She is consumed by some anger that limits her from reaching Dua. It's like a giant wall that in order to get over it...you have to break it down."

"I see..." Akashi ponders. "So you are a complete Dua?"

Ken nods 'yes'. "I have been since about...a year and a half ago. It just came to me and bam."

~Year and A Half Ago~

During the mission to Cairo, Egypt, Ken and 13th Division Captain Izuru encounter an Adjucha by the name of Icarus.

"Shit." Izuru spat out sliding back in the air from his opponent as Ken slashes at Icarus from behind only to have his blade caught in mid-stroke.

"Shinigami vermin...stop playing with me and actually do something." Holding Nayamashii tightly Icarus throws Ken at Izuru. "Take your trash!"

Izuru catches Ken and watches as Icarus spread his wings covering the moonlight and blanketing the city in darkness. "Ken...we can beat him...right?"

Ken nods,"We should try our bankais and pair them against him, but we need to be smart...I am the only one of us with a projectile bankai."

Izuru huffs, "When has that stopped us before from doing something stupid?"

"Touche"

Ken and Izuru stand next to each other. "Izuru start your bankai...I'll distract him until you are done. Nayamashii, Bring me his heart." Nayamashii turns into Ken's Diamond Scythe as he launches at Icarus.

"Hey Adjucha!!! LOOK ABOVE!!!" Ken slices the air as shards of diamond rain down on Icarus leaving only a dust cloud. "Gotcha..."

From out of the cloud, Icarus launches at Ken grabbing his throat. "What." Ken yells.

A piercing light edges between Icarus and Ken. "Gwahhh...." Ken jumps back off Icarus with an arm still attached to his throat.

Removing it Ken throws it back. "Here, take your trash." A white aura speeds behind Ken and slow turns towards Icarus. "Go Izuru...he is downed."

Izuru crashes into Icarus head on as Ken holds up Kongouseki Nayamashii in the air. "BANKAI!!!!"

Izuru looks back quick to see something he has never seen before. "That's not...Ken's Bankai..."

Ken stops in place as voice comes to him. "My Great Grandchild, Son of Evil and Emptiness. Cherish the time you have for it is short." Ken turns around and looks at the smiling face of a being so beautiful and pure that she could cleanse all imperfections.

"Who are you..." Ken steps towards her.

She giggles and holds her hand out. "Come my child. It's time to ascend."

~Present Day~

"So you met my grandmother Shevat?" Akashi smiles.

Ken nods, "Seems so. But that's not all that happened."