Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ White Concerto: Groove ❯ For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Outside the door to his residence in the fourth district, Akashi paces back and forth trying to decide what to say to Avril. "I am sorry...I am not Jean-Clarke. I have always been Akashi. Akashi loves Hanashi." He stops and puts his hand on his forehead. "Shit this is going to be hard."

From above he hears a voice, "Do it like I did..." Akashi turns and looks up to see Ken sitting on top of the wall.

"And how was that."

Ken shifts forward alil and drops down. "Well I told her there was another woman. Seems from our family she expects that."

Akashi just blankly stares at Ken, "You remind me of a middle breeding of me and your father for that comment. It was cold yet to the point."

Shaking his head, "My old man would have just killed her. Saying 'She outlived her purpose and doesnft serve as a use to me anymore.' Or something harsh to that effect."

"You're right...Yaiba cares about nothing. He'd kill himself just to prove a point." Akashi runs his fingers through his hair while getting lost in thought.

"Like Father, Like Daughter."

Akashi looks at Ken and glares. "What does that mean?"

"N...nothing it's just that Tsubaki does that too when she can't come to a quick conclusion." Ken sweats stating his version of the truth.

Akashi starts to walk past him. "Wait here...we have to talk anyways...Beighlaur Dua."

Ken's eye bulge out of his head hearing that Akashi knows about the Beighlaur presence. "O...oookay."

Stepping inside the house Akashi is greeted by a crying Avril. "Avril..." He steps towards her and tries to put his hand on her shoulder only to be knocked away.

"Don't touch me Akashi..."

"Avril...I..."

"I never wanted to say this...ever..."

"Say what Avril?"

"You can't run away...you wouldn't...I put so much faith in you..."

"What does this mean?"

"WHY DON'T YOU STAND UP AND BE A MAN ABOUT IT!?! YOU NEVER WANTED TO STAY!!!"

All Akashi can think in his head is how he is again property of Hanashi and will live his life with her. Avril grabs his face to look at her eyes full of tears.

"You threw it all away for the past...Just like Saya, Raito, Hanashi, and now me. Akashi..." She breaks into tears in his lap. "I saw you with Hanashi...tonight. Did we even have a chance...was I always just a stand in for her. FOR THAT BITCH!!!"

Akashi slaps Avril to the ground. "Don't dare talk about my wife like this...I am sorry how things with us worked but I was the man you wanted when you needed that man. But I am not him now. Je suis le mari de Hanashi. Pere de Tsubaki et nos enfants, mais je ne peux pas etre votre amant. Je ne peux pas le faire Avril." (I am the husband of Hanashi. Father of Tsubaki and our child, but I can't be your lover. I can't do it Avril.)

Avril balls up on the floor and cries. "Leave..." Akashi tries to hold her. " DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME AKASHI! GO THE FUCK AWAY!!!"

He simply gets up and leaves with out a word.

Outside Ken sits up against the wall as Akashi steps outside. " How did she take it?"

"Crying mess..."

"Been there done that got a postcard not going back."

"I swear women have to be easier then this somewhere."

"Yeah but then you find out they are guys."

Akashi and Ken look at each other and shudder. A quick glare at Ken and both of them walk off. "Tell me about the Sermon of the Damned, Ken."