Boogiepop Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Preference ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Preference


"...I imagine you prefer her..."

When I heard him murmur those words, I felt something break in me. Maybe it was my heart or maybe my spirit, but whatever it was, I'll never understand why I did what I did next.

For some reason unknown to me, I reached out and touched his shoulders. "Don't say things like that..." He cuts me off. "I know, please don't say things like that with her face, right?" His face showed no emotion. I shook my head and squeezed his shoulders. "No, just don't say things like that...with your face. How would you know who I'd prefer?" His eyes widened slightly. "Excuse me?" I pulled him a little closer. "Don't tell me who I'd prefer. How would you know?" I asked, embracing him and wrapping my arms around him.

He didn't move for awhile and then, when I thought he'd jump away, he moved slightly and turned around. "Boogiepop, aren't you going to tell me to let go?" He looked up. "No. I'm leaving soon so what you do is your decision." I held on tighter. "No, you're not. You're not going anywhere. Not off this roof, not anywhere that I can't follow you."

He pulled away. "You wish to follow me?" I smiled. "To the ends of the Earth." He looked away and started to back up. I followed him; when he stepped back, I stepped forward. Finally, when there was nowhere to go but off the edge of the roof, I went to grab his hands. "Now, you're not going to get away from me this time." He sighed.

I pulled him into my arms again and, this time when he tried to pull away, I didn't relinquish my hold but instead, made it stronger. He didn't try to move after he discovered this and settled to lie quietly until I was ready to let him go. "Look, I'm not letting go of you. Not until you convince me that you won't bolt away the second I do." He didn't move or speak as he buried his face in my shoulder, knocking his hat off. I started to move back, to find the place I'd been sitting before. He moved with me, only pulling back once; to look at me.

We sat down together and I pulled him a little closer, just so I could get a better grip on him. He didn't protest so I figured it was alright. Soon, I began rubbing his back gently and slowly. He lifted his head, eyes half-lidded, to nuzzle his cheek against mine. "I won't go anywhere so you can loosen up a little. I'm perfectly comfortable right here." He shifted so he sat in my lap and rested his head against my collarbone.

He closed his eyes and just relaxed against me. I felt his heart beating in his chest. It was closer to mine than I ever thought it would be. I lifted his shirt a little so I could touch it. His eyes opened slightly then closed again when he felt this. No breasts... I thought. So, he really isn't Touka... He shivered at my touch against his heart and didn't pull back. Soon he took my hand away. "Your fingers are cold." He explained. I nodded and ran one hand through his hair. He let his head fall forward onto my chest and he sighed. "That feels nice. Ooh, I'll give you about six months to stop doing that." I smiled and leaned down to blow in his ear quietly. He shivered, moaning slightly.

We sat there for awhile, until he got cold. I pulled him up and we walked to the fire escape. I looked around a bit to make sure we weren't being followed, then I led him down the ladders and off campus.