Bubblegum Crisis Fan Fiction ❯ A BOOMER LIFE ❯ I almost would have preferred to be in Ranma world ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
A BOOMER LIFE
Or
I almost would have preferred to be in a Ranma world.
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Iridia Sunheart.
 
This is a self-insertion story (so what?). I found myself in the bubblegum crisis universe in the body of a female sexaroid (talk about luck). The story is about the struggle of someone who knows a good part of the future and what he can do in the hyper-violent world of Genom domination (especially in the body of one of their productions).
 
Thank you to Aeroprime for pre-reading and his corrections.
 
Character sheet created with the rules of Bubblegum Crisis Fuzion System:
 
Life-path:
Personality: stable, serious, a little introvert but with some mix of humor and cynicism.
Who do you value the most: my family. What do you value the most: friendship.
Your worldview: I'm neutral to most people (of course, I know this world and it's not pretty).
Family status: middle class. Childhood events: a boring childhood (no, really).
Life events: none yet in this world.
Current situation: you're involved in research or scientific study (yep, as a Genom guinea pig).
Current outlook on life: my life is crazy and out of control (no kidding).
 
Name: Iridia SUNHEART. Age: young adult (18-20 years). Occupation: sexaroid (yeah, right).
Height: 1m60. Weight: 55 kg. Hair: black. Eyes: mako green (slightly luminescent).
 
Intelligence: 7. Willpower: 7. Presence: 7.
Technique: 7. Reflexes: 7. Dexterity: 7.
Constitution: 10. Strength: 3. Body type: 10.
Movement: 12.
 
Stat points (80): 77. Option points (70): 191. Complication points: 82. Experience: 32.
 
Luck: 14. Resistance: 21. Punch: DC4. Kick: DC5 (-1 to hit).
Endurance: 100. Recovery: 13.
Lift: 100 kg. Carry: 25 kg. Throw: 6 m.
Run: 36 m. Leap: 6 m. Swim: 12 m.
Stun: 50. Stun def: 20. Hits: 50 sdp.
 
Skills (#: everyman skills):
Animal handling: +2. Auto-fire weapons: +3. Archery: +2. Athletics#: +7. Computers: +2. Concentration#: +7. Disguise: +2. Demolitions: +2. Domestic: +7. Driving: +7. Education#: +7. Espionage: +2. Expert (role-playing games): +7. Firearms: +4. Gunnery: +2. Hacking: +1. Hand to hand: +7. Heavy weapons: +2. Languages (Latin based and north-Asian): +7. Local knowledge#: +2. Melee weapons: +7. Navigation: +1. Perception#: +7. Performance (singing): +2. Persuasion#: +7. Social#: +4. Stealth: +2. Survival: +2. Teaching#: +4. Wardrobe & style: +7. Writing: +2.
 
Talents: Ambidexterity (no penalty for off-hand). Animal empathy (all animals like you). Blind reaction (you can counterattack in hand to hand, ignoring the penalty for darkness or being obscured, even if you can't sense your adversary). Direction sense (you are never lost). Double jointed (you can bend your limbs and joints in impossible ways). Eidetic memory (you never forget anything you sense). Intuition (you have an uncanny feel for hunches). Lightning calculator (you can do complex mathematical operations in your head without any aids). Light sleeper (you wake instantly from the smallest disturbance). Longevity (you are extremely long-lived). Martial artist (you have had training in a martial art). Night-vision (you can see in all but absolute darkness). Perfect pitch (you are always in tune). Rapid healing (you heal extremely fast). Speed reader (you can read a page in three seconds). Time sense (you always know what time is it). Acute senses: all senses, level 1(one of your five senses is extremely acute). Beautiful: level 3 (you are extremely good looking). High pain threshold: level 2 (you are especially resistant to pain and shock).
 
Complications: Phobia: discomfort with flying dangerous bugs (5). Obsession with coming back home: You talk about it all the time and you will risk embarrassment or financial loss over it (5). Stubborn: You just hate to give in to anyone up to risk embarrassment or financial loss (5). Enemy: Genom hunts you for capture (17). Martial artist code of honor: You will risk life and limbs for it (15). Sense of duty: You always do the right thing for your friends (5). Secret identity: One person is trying to uncover your secret identity (10). Poverty: You are financially poor with just enough for a bed and a few meager meals (5). Oppressed: If you are identified as a boomer, you are considered as property (10). Outsider: you are from another dimension, only the fact that you know the anime and the role-playing game help you (5).
 
Cyber ware (all are an experimental nano-based product called live metal, do not provoke cyber-psychosis and undetectable except by dissection):
Tech-hair: your hair can change in length and color. Neural interface: plugs are behind the neck hide by the hair. Internal nano-computer with a power of 5 and two hardwired programs (intellect booster: +1 intelligence for one hour per 24 hours; net work interface: +2 hacking). Sub-dermal nano-weave: ceramic weave under the skin on all the body and impossible to spot (KD 10 on torso, KD 8 on all limbs and body, KD 6 on head). Sub-dermal pocket: one in each of the heel bone. Voice synthesizer: +2 performance (singing) and +4 disguise voice. Nano-finger claws: DC2 armor-piercing strength-powered killing damage (fully retractable). Internal head-ups and display: enable to monitor all the systems in the vision. Thermograph optics: enable to detect thermal variations. Video camera: with 20 minutes autonomy. Image enhancement: give lab microscope vision and X 20 telescope vision (+2 perception visual). Targeting scope: +1 skill bonus. Audio enhancement: edit loud noises (+2 perception audio), filter sound and give subsonic and ultrasonic range audio. Com-link internal: 3 km range, include modem and cellular junction (can hear as a tiny voice in head or text on internal HUD). Audio-recorder: with 6 hours autonomy. Scrambler unit: for the com-link. Magnetic resonance imaging: give 3D-like schematic vision of metallic structures. Shift-eyes: can change color. Speed ware: +3 initiative for 5 turns, 2 turns rest. Vehicle link: +2 driving and piloting with the appropriate plug. Smart-gun link: with inducting interface in the hands, +2 bonus skills with a modified weapon. Machine/tech link: can link with any machinery that had an interface plug. Chip ware interface in the internal computer: can run up to 12 chips at the same time (each chip is a special mix of skills and/or quirks up to +3 total skills bonus that must be bought or created, it takes 2 days per skill bonus to adapt to the chip). Anti dazzle optics: protect the vision. Ultra-violet filter optics: enable to see the ultraviolet spectrum. Retractable vampire teeth with artificial poison glands: all the four glands are usable 3 times per day. The glands produce a hallucinogen (DC15), a paralysis drug (test constitution versus intensity 15), a nausea inducing drug (test constitution versus intensity 15) and a bio-toxin (DC5). Chemical sensors: enable to analyze airborne substances. Nano-machines dispensers: give limited fusion capacity (including a painless automatic grooming effect for a +2 skill bonus in wardrobe & style) up to 50 kg, cannot properly fuse with the matter but only control it (it is a painful process and losing the fused matter is also painful). Bug detector: up to 10 feet and 60% efficacy. Voice stress analyzer: enable to detect lies at 60% efficacy. Gyrostabilizer: no move-sickness or balance problem. Environmental monitor: automatically monitor the environment and prioritize warnings. Movement predictor: analyze a target for 30seconds and gain +1 skill bonus in melee and hand to hand. Homing tracer: reception of homing signal up to 1 km.
 
Bio-modifications (all have been made by nano-machines and are not bothered by EMP effect, only a dissection can reveal them):
Artificial adrenaline gland: +1 reflexes for 1d6+2 turns, usable 3/day. Artificial womb: with internal control (control fertility and period). Enhanced kidney: +4 bonus versus poisons and alcohol, also reduced waste products. Enhanced lungs: can hold breath for 25 minutes inactive and 10 minutes active. Enhanced genitals: nerve density has been increased and internal muscles are perfectly controlled (+1 bonus persuasion by seduction, also great pleasure). Chemical skin: can change color and block all ultra-violet radiation (chemical reaction by special artificial glands). Enhanced nasal filters: +4 bonus versus airborne attacks. Artificial reinforced muscles and ceramic bone lace: augment body type +4. Sexaroid seduction package: include mesmerizing eyes (test will + persuasion versus will + concentration to implant aroused or unconscious condition), subliminal ultrasonic voice (test will + persuasion versus will + concentration to implant a suggestion) and tailored pheromones (+1 persuasion on opposed sex). Reinforced joints and bones: +1 DC in hand-to-hand damage.
 
Equipment: combat handgun (range 40 m, DC4, 15 shots, rof2), casual clothes, standard motorcycle (sdp 20, mv -2, move 10 or 160 km/h), poor lifestyle (no wealth) with slum apartment, knife (range 2m, DC3) and katana (range 2m, +1 WA, DC7).
 
 
PRELUDE
 
I almost would have preferred to be in a Ranma world.
 
We are in a chaotic world.
 
Oh no. Not this world here. We are in another world where history takes another path.
 
In this world, a man named Quincy is born in 1962.
 
In this world, the U.S. Army creates the first power-armor in the eighties.
 
In this world, the Genom Corporation is created in 2015.
 
In this world, Dr. Stingray builds the first Boomer in 2020.
 
In this world, the Second Great Kanto Earthquake level most of Tokyo in 2025.
 
In this world, Sylia Stingray creates the first hardsuits and recruits Priscilla Asagari, Nene Romanova and Linna Yamazaki to form the Knight Sabers in 2031.
 
In this world, I am reborn in 2032.
 
I wish I were still dead.
 
My very first memory is the sensation of floating. Hum…Perhaps I should begin at the very beginning: I died.
 
Well, at least, I think I died. I was working my night shift at the hospital and I was delivering a blood sample to the laboratory of analysis. Due to the rain, I take the underground path to stay dry.
 
I absolutely don't know what happened except for a very intense pain in the back of my head and the black hole. Then, there was something like the stories of near-death experiences that happen to a few in the world.
 
A light. A powerful and gentle light that was all I could perceive. The sensation of warmth and a presence near me. I think that someone was speaking to me. I can't really remember. It was about a mission or something. There were also regrets and a promise but not of peace. I wish I had an eidetic memory at that time.
 
And then nothing for a fraction of eternity.
 
Then my brain receives a jolt in the form of the sensation of floating in a liquid.
 
All systems are functioning within standby parameters.
 
`What?'
 
All systems are functioning within standby parameters.
 
`I don't understand.'
 
All biological functions of host are at the minimal level.
 
`Oh…That explains why I am so calm. Who is …host?'
 
Host is BU-33XS 007.
 
`I am a…James Bond product?'
 
Negative, host is a Genom product.
 
`WHAT?
 
Host is a Genom product.
 
`I'm dead…I'm dead and in hell. Who the hell are you?'
 
I am the Expert System of your Internal Nano-computer.
 
`E.S.I.N…Esin?'
 
Affirmative.
 
`That it, I am hallucinating.'
 
Negative.
Internal diagnostic of all sensorial systems reveal no anomaly.
 
`Oh swell. An all too logical computer program with a vocal interface is my guide in the afterlife…Well...You have nothing to say more, Esin?'
 
Host didn't ask a valid question.
 
`…Great. A logical program with a sense of humor. All right, Esin, where I am?'
 
Map function enabled.
 
Wow. Cool. A full color map like a video game replaced my complete darkness. According to the data, I was in a secret lab of Genom somewhere in…MEGATOKYO!?... Oh! No! Fantastic, my hell is the world of Bubblegum Crisis.
 
`Esin. Why am I in standby mode?'
 
Mainframe of Genom has ordered the transfer of your preservation capsule to SDPC-5 Genaros.
A standard external diagnostic has been initiated by Mainframe.
An internal program has triggered in response the standby mode of host.
 
Holy shit…I was not in a good situation. The memory of all the episodes of Bubblegum Crisis began to mix with what I know of the situation and…In brief, I was beginning to panic and my body was not responding. I wasn't even sure I still have a body.
 
`Esin! Bring Audio sensors to active status!'
 
Ah! It was better. In fact, it was much than better. My own normal hearing is trained. I can hear the electronic noise of a television and some frequencies in the ultrasonic range. But now…Wow! Everything around me was perceptible: The current in the circuitry, the liquid, the noise of the ventilation and…voices.
 
“…Incompetent fool! How can you make such an error?!”
 
Voice analysis: extreme agitation 94%.
Identification positive: Brian J Mason.
 
The great villain himself. Why not? I just need Largo and everything will be perfect. Oh wait! I forgot! Largo is also a download of Mason. Just great.
 
“This…this is not my fault sir! The order is a direct order of…”
 
Voice analysis: fear 91%.
Identification still running…
 
“I am not talking about the transfer, imbecile! I am talking about the reason this capsule is tied to the mainframe!”
 
“Sir, everything here is experimental…only the mainframe can safely…”
 
“Are you telling me THAT ALL THE EXPERIMENTS WERE TESTED BY THE MAINFRAME?!”
 
“Hum…yes?”
 
“…all right. Continue with the transfer. Prepare to download your research to the secondary lab. No need to lose that. Erase all active programs and shutdown the facility for now.”
 
“Yes sir! Thank you, sir!”
 
I heard the probable scientist rapidly going away from Mason. Then Mason sighed and went another path. After a few minutes I heard the hydraulics of heavy locks then nothing on the biological level. I decide to wait another 30 minutes before taking action. I didn't think that to stay was a very healthy idea.
 
`Esin! Bring all systems to operation mode!'
 
Affirmative.
 
I opened my eyes. I was floating in a green liquid in a giant vertical steel tube. The liquid was oxygenated since I was breathing it. It was a strange sensation. Hum…first problem…no means to open the tube from within.
 
`Esin! How can I open my capsule?'
 
Interface enabled…
Accessing capsule internal systems…
Engaging protocol of overture…
 
A pump began to drain the liquid of the tube. At this instant I remarked a harness that was anchoring me to the tube. When my head was clear I begin to cough the oxygenated liquid of my lungs. Ah, fresh air! Then, after the final evacuation of the green fluid, a flux of warm air began to dry my body. That was a pleasant sensation. Finally the entire length of the tube open and I greet a superb and fortunately empty secret Boomer lab.
 
The harness automatically disengaged itself when I try to get out. Amazingly, I didn't loose my balance on my first walk. I looked down myself and freeze in shock. My hands were small and delicate. I feel waist long hair in my back. My arms and legs were hairless. I HAD BREASTS AND A VAGIN…
 
I was…a girl…a naked girl…No! I was a…oh god…a BU-33XS…a SEXAROID!!! An illegal product of Genom whose only function is to be…raped by those who can buy me. This was not a Ranma world where my male body was just a little hot water away.
 
I don't know how long I stayed in shock as the reality of the situation was revealed to me. The world of Bubblegum Crisis is not a nice world. Even and especially around the heroines of the series, there is death. I finally managed to bring myself up and searched for an escape.
 
It was not going to be easy. I found a locker all right but with only a lab blouse to cover myself and, of course, no shoes. According to my electronic map, I was in a good and bad location to begin my escape: I was near the Fault edge and the `outer district'. There were only factories nearby but it was also one of the most dangerous parts of Mega Tokyo. Especially for an almost naked girl like me. And, according to the mirror in the toilets: an extremely beautiful girl. I was the same height as my male body. I had long black hair and slightly luminescent green eyes. A very nice package if only it wasn't me.
 
I defeat the powerful and numerous alarm systems of the lab by the most basic mean: I cut the main power. The lab was mostly autonomous in order to not being detected and such have its own generators. It was during that little stunt that I discovered that all my senses were boosted: I could see in the dark and in colors also.
 
After a bout of acrobatic, I managed to emerge unharmed from the secret lab. And just in time also. A few minutes after my escape, the entire warehouse where the lab was, exploded forcing me to take cover.
 
Of course, I should have known. Mason was not pleased that the mainframe of Genom knew my existence. So, he transferred what he wanted to conserve and destroyed any evidence of his participation. Devil bastard.
 
This was my rebirth. A rebirth in fire and with the cries of the innocents.
 
We are in Megatokyo in 2032.