Bubblegum Crisis Fan Fiction ❯ Ultimate Bubblegum Crisis ❯ Ties That Bind - Part 3 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ultimate Bubblegum Crisis - Ties That Bind Part 3
 
MegaTokyo 2032
 
 
The morning sunlight streamed through the bay window in Sylia's living room causing Priss to shield her eyes and grumble under breath about the ungodly hour of the meeting, 9 am. Her friends arrayed in various seating around the room seemed to take an inordinate amount of pleasure at seeing her face the morning after a concert.
 
“So Priss, how did everything go last night with Chris after Nene and I left?” Linna asked as she sipped her coffee.
 
“Yes Priss, did you have fun?” Nene added a grin on her face.
 
“We grabbed a bite to eat and talked for awhile, then I gave him a ride home.” Priss replied covering her eyes from the glare, not to mention hiding the uncomfortable look she now had on her face. Usually, she would jump in Linna and Nene's faces if they suggested something that made her uncomfortable, but for some reason this was a subject she would not give them the satisfaction of getting under her skin.
 
“Did he kiss you goodnight, Priss?” Nene asked.
 
Sighing deeply before answering, Priss looked at the young red head and decided to give her what she wanted. “As a matter of fact he did.” She defiantly said staring into Nene's green eyes, watching them grow to double their size as the words sunk in.
 
“Oh my God! Priss is in love! Who would have believed the tough biker babe would fall in love!” Nene gushed.
 
“Would you just leave it alone, Nene? I went out with the guy one time. We attracted to each other, but it's not like we're getting married or something. Can you just drop it and grow up will you?” Priss fired off, getting angry at the youngest Knight Saber's teasing.
 
“Much as I hate to spoil your fun, Priss is correct in this case, Nene. We have other matters to discuss right now, not her love life.” Sylia interrupted. She seemed to be her normal cool and collected self, but the slightest hint of a smile could be seen tugging at the corners of her mouth. “We have a job to do ladies and need to focus on this at the present time.”
 
“Who's the employer, Sylia?” Linna asked.
 
“USSD again. Same fee as before and we have to retrieve the black box for the killer doll weapons system. One stumbling block is the possible involvement of GENOM. According to the information we received, the explosion the other night at the Tower was a way of covering up the movement of some black project to another location.” She answered.
 
“Aren't they kind of big for us to take on, Sylia?” Linna inquired.
 
“We won't be attacking GENOM directly, Linna. If they are involved in the theft of the box, there will not be any official acknowledgement of any action we may take. They may try to strike at us clandestinely, but we should be able to handle that.” Sylia replied.
 
“So what's our first step, Sylia?” Priss asked.
 
“Each of you have assignments. Priss, I want you to look into the see what the word on the explosion is according to the erstwhile Inspector McNichol.”
 
“Right.” Priss said.
 
“Nene, I want you and Mackie to scour the `Net and see what you can find. Use the setup at Raven's and be careful.”
 
“Okay, Sylia.” Nene responded, a happy little grin on her face at the thought of hacking some poor, unsuspecting database.
 
“And Linna, I want you to spend some time with that girl from the incident and see what you can find out. Be careful, Linna, that was Brian J. Mason she attempted to assault and he is a very dangerous man.”
 
“Not a problem.” Linna replied.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
Priss walked down the street to the phone booth on the corner since she didn't want to call Leon from Sylia's. She knew they needed the information Leon could provide, especially since he was a good detective even though he could be a jerk, but she didn't like leading Leon on like this. And she was definitely not interested in him romantically, especially when you included Chris into the equation now.
 
She dialed the ADP main line, and after a few transfers, eventually made it to the squad room where Leon worked. In the background she could hear the officer who had answered the phone say to Leon it was a babe on the phone for him, after which she heard a crash and then a curse. After a moment of quiet, Leon's face appeared on the view screen of the vid phone, wearing his ever-present `cool' shades.
 
“Priss! This is quite a surprise! I didn't think you knew my number!” Leon said excitedly.
 
“The ADP is in the phone book, Leon.” She responded with a grin.
 
“So, what do I owe the honor of this call?” Leon asked, as he seemed to realize something.
 
“Well, I thought about it and I decided I would go out with you.” Priss said in a rush.
 
“I thought you were seeing someone already Priss. Why would you want to go out with me? What do you need?” Leon stated matter-of-factly.
 
“What? Seeing, I, uhm…” Priss stammered, not expecting this.
 
“Priss, I was at the concert last night. I saw you with that guy with the long hair after the performance.” He said to the young woman on the other end of the line. Priss could hear the hurt in his voice and realized he wore the shades to hide his eyes from everyone.
 
“Leon, I…I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.” Priss replied, hanging her head.
 
“Hey, I'm over it, babe. Why don't you tell me what you need and I'll try and help. I still want to be your friend, Priss.” Leon said putting faux bravado into his voice.
 
“No, it's ok, Leon. I would like for us to be friends. I gotta go right now but I'll see you later, ok?” Priss said, feeling very uncomfortable.
 
“Goodbye, Priss.” Leon replied before hanging up the phone.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
Chris gulped down the last of his coffee as he and Kitty walked in the front entrance of Raven's garage. It was ten o'clock and Kitty had been pestering him all morning to get a move on since they were supposed to be there at ten fifteen. Smugly, he looked over at Kitty, trying his damndest to give her an `I told you so' look so she would realize he was right, but the elder X Man was already heading towards the back room where the Einstein-like Dr. Raven had said Nene and Mackie were working on a project for Sylia. Kitty had bonded with Nene quickly as they discovered each knew way too much about computers and the Internet for the rest of societies safety.
 
“Could you hand me the pneumatic wrench, young man?” the diminutive Dr. Raven asked Chris without turning around. He also held out his hand expectantly as he was elbow deep into the internal workings of a large motorcycle that appeared similar to Priss'.
 
“What size socket do you want, Doctor?” Chris asked as he looked down at a large assortment of sockets and one pneumatic wrench without a socket upon it.
 
“Hmm? Oh, give me a 14mm.” Raven responded.
 
Chris fumbled around the box for a couple of seconds finding a 14mm socket and attached it to the pneumatic wrench before handing it to Dr. Raven. He stepped back after Raven gave him a muffled thanks and got back to work.
 
< Wonder where Kitty went? > Chris thought to himself. Curious, Chris went through the back office door where he assumed the two girls, with Mackie, were wreaking havoc on the `Net. As Chris walked through the door to the backroom he immediately knew where Kitty and Nene were as he could hear the two of them carrying on an exuberant conversation in a room to his left. He stopped in the doorway and leaned against the frame, listening to the two women talk about computers and the setup the Knight Sabers had there. Chris didn't understand most of the conversation as he wasn't a big tech guy, but he could tell Kitty was from her tone. Mackie in the meantime was working at a keyboard, a set of VR goggles on and a VR command glove on his left hand, ignoring the other occupants of the room.
 
“What's up?” Chris asked.
 
“Oh, hi Chris! Nene was just showing me the data center the Sabers have here.” Kitty replied.
 
“It definitely looks impressive, I think.” Chris said as he looked around the room.
 
“Chris, I know that I was supposed to hang with you today after the testing so we could hit the streets and see if we could find any leads on the Hunters, but I think I have a better idea.” Kitty started.
 
“Shoot.” Chris said as a way to tell her to continue.
 
“Nene and Mackie are going to be doing some investigating on the `Net about some job that the Knight Sabers have and there seems to be a connection between their job and GENOM. They asked me to help and I was thinking I may be able to find some useful information for the X Men.” Kitty said. “And the reality is I'm not used to working in the field anymore, too many years as a teacher at the School I guess. I work better in the background I think.”
 
“And you think it would be fun, too?” Chris asked with a grin on his face, already knowing the answer. “Have fun, Kitty, I'll find someway to stay out of trouble.”
 
“Thanks, Chris!” Kitty replied, obviously relieved.
 
“And I bet that way you'll choose is Priss.” Nene teased.
 
Chris cleared his throat before he said, “I think it's time for my testing.” And beat a hasty retreat down the hall towards the door with a sign on it that read `Simulation Room'. The door opened into an area that was obviously a control room and beyond that he could see through the large bay window to an open space that had to be the testing area. There were his and hers locker rooms at the far end of the control room and some apparatus that Chris had no clue as to their use.
 
“Glad to see you are punctual, Chris.” Sylia said as she stepped into the room behind him.
 
“Good morning, Ms. Stingray. I try to be.” Chris replied.
 
“You can call me Sylia, Chris, I'm the same age you are after all.” Sylia said with a small smile.
 
“Alright, Sylia. What's first?” Chris asked.
 
“First you need to go into the locker room and change into the body suit you'll find laid out there. It has sensors sewn into it that will allow me to take accurate readings of your physical abilities while you run through the simulation.” Sylia said.
 
“I'll be back in a minute, then.” He replied.
 
A few minutes later Chris came out of the locker room looking uncomfortable in the tight brown and blue skin suit he was wearing. Irritably, he pulled at the suit, trying to keep the thing from riding up.
 
“Tell me again why I'm wearing a second skin. I feel like a complete moron in this get up.” Chris complained as he stepped out into the testing area.
 
“To gather - “ Sylia began before being interrupted by another, very familiar voice, “Aww, you look cute, hero. I thought super heroes loved spandex? You better stop complaining, or Sylia will make it harder on you, I know from experience.”
 
Chris couldn't see through the mirrored glass to the other side, but he recognized Priss' voice. “Priss.” < Great I get to feel like an ass AND have a peanut gallery.> “I'll have you know I have never worn a spandex uniform, the X Men wear leather.” He responded, trying to salvage some semblance of his pride.
 
“We're ready to begin, Chris. I will start the simulation at level one and progress from there.” Sylia said as she took the microphone back from Priss. In the background, Chris could hear the laughter from the brunette singer.
 
“Bring it on.” Chris said as he set himself in a ready position. The world around him blurred and holographic adversaries began to move at Chris from an area that now looked like an incomplete high-rise construction site. With the endless hours of training Logan had invested in him, Chris knew that he BETTER be able to do well or it may be painful the next time he sparred with the mutant Canadian.
 
In the control room Sylia and Priss watched the X Man battle the holographic foes that came at him. Watching him move through the holograms with ease, even as he reacted to the hazardous terrain of the construction site, Sylia slowly began to increase the difficulty to test his limits. Within five minutes, Chris had progressed to level seven, equal with Linna, and was pushing level eight.
 
“Damn, Sylia, he really is good.” Priss said admiring the young man dancing with the creations of light.
 
“Yes, he is Priss. If the other X Men are near his level, then it will be easy to teach them effective anti-boomer tactics.” Sylia responded. Just as she was about to turn up the intensity of the opponents again, Chris let his guard down and his holographic opponent slipped in a killing blow. Realizing he had just been beaten, Chris groaned in frustration and turned towards the mirrored glass of the control room.
 
“So how'd I do coach?” Chris asked, as the `construction site' once again became a large open room. Sweat dripped from his nose as he leaned down to catch his breath. < That was a pretty good workout. > He thought to himself.
 
“You are doing quite well so far, Chris. There are a few other tests, which we will start in just a few minutes. Why don't you join Priss and myself in the control room?” Sylia suggested.
 
Chris joined them in the control room, leaning up against the wall near Priss, a towel draped around his neck. He looked at Priss and the two shared a smile before he turned his attention to Sylia.
 
“Next, we're going to test your actual physical attributes, Chris.” Sylia said, and noticing the disappointed look he had, she continued, “Don't worry, it won't take too much longer.” And with that Chris began a battery of tests that measured his arm strength, his vertical leap, and myriad of other measurements.
 
An hour later, Chris had completed his testing and taken a shower to remove the sweat from his body. He walked back into the control room to find that Kitty, Nene, and Mackie had joined Sylia and Priss, and were in the process of discussing a printout Sylia held.
 
“What's up?” Chris asked as he walked up to the group of people.
 
“We found some things on the `Net, Chris. Things that point towards GENOM trying to tie up loose ends.” Kitty said to her teammate.
 
“Like what?” he inquired.
 
“Apparently, GENOM wants one young Miss Irene Chang `taken care of'.” Sylia answered.
 
“Excuse my ignorance, but who is Irene Chang? And why does GENOM want her taken care of?” Chris asked.
 
“Irene Chang was at the center of a disturbance in front of the main entrance of GENOM tower.” Priss began. She relayed what she and Linna witnessed and how Mason reacted to the whole thing.
 
“So, based on the information that our resident hackers have uncovered, and your past experience with the way Mason operates, you believe that this Miss Chang is in danger, right?” Chris asked. After Sylia nodded yes, he continued, “Well, what can we do to help?”
 
“Right now Linna is with Miss Chang. I will call Linna and ask her to stick with Miss Chang and I would appreciate it if Kitty could remain here and assist Nene and Mackie further; she seems to be a natural at information retrieval on the `Net.” Kitty practically glowed with that praise as Sylia continued, “And I would ask you to help us keep an eye on Miss Chang until we can convince her that MegaTokyo is not a very safe place for her right now.”
 
“No problem, Sylia. I'm supposed to be a mutant super hero, right?” Chris asked with a wry grin.
 
“Oh God!” Priss swore as she rolled her eyes.
 
“I will have Linna `meet' you in about an hour or two so you can start your surveillance.” Sylia said with a genuine smile. “Thank you, Chris.”
 
“Don't mention it, and I'll give Logan a call and I'm sure that he'll take a shift watching out for Miss Chang. I can walk around in public easier than women in brightly colored armor, so it just makes sense for me to tag along.” Chris replied. He turned his attention to Priss and asked, “Want to grab a bite after my shift?”
 
“Yeah, so long as the mighty mutant super hero is buying.” She replied with an evil grin.
 
“Deal.” Chris said, matching her grin. Both Chris and Priss were blessedly oblivious to Sylia shaking her head and rolling her eyes at the banter.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
“That guy was blowing us off, Jubes.” Logan stated.
 
“Maybe so Logan, but you can't pop your claws every time some asshole lies to you. Jeez, it's like babysitting a twelve year old being partnered with you!” Jubilee swore.
 
“Grrrr.” Was all that escaped Logan as he clamped his mouth shut. He counted to ten and was about to continue the conversation when his cell phone rang. Logan flipped it open and let out a annoyed, “What?”
 
“Glad to hear, you're having a nice day, Logan.” Chris' voice greeted him on the other end.
 
“What d'ya want, Summers?” Logan shot back.
 
“Sylia and the Knight Sabers would like us to assist with protecting a young girl who pissed off GENOM. I already agreed to help out this afternoon and evening and was hoping you and Jubes could take a shift later tonight.” Chris responded, unaffected by Logan's tone.
 
“And Sylia thinks this girl is in so much trouble that GENOM's gonna hit her? Is Sylia movin' her to a safe house?” Logan responded.
 
“Not until she has proof GENOM wants her dead. I guess there are some extenuating circumstances involved. The girl's lover died recently and she's riding an emotional roller coaster, so Sylia wants to protect her and keep things as normal as possible for her. It's dangerous, but one of the Sabers is going to be with her all day, while I'll be tagging along in the background. Sylia assured me that if the shit hits the fan, we pull her off the streets and get her out of the city entirely.” Chris explained.
 
“I don't like the way this feels, Chris, but considering how I've been doing gathering information, a good old fashioned brawl might let me release some tension. Tell Sylia, Jubes and I will take a turn protecting the girl. Give me a call later and we'll discuss the logistics. Later.” Logan said as he closed the cell phone. He ended the conversation with Chris abruptly due to a man he had seen on one of the nearby rooftops a couple of blocks back, who was now on a building in front of them.
 
“Jubes, let's grab a bite to eat.” Logan suggested, leading the young woman into a small restaurant. Once they were inside and seated at a table in the back he spoke up, “We're being tailed, kiddo. I'm going out the back so I can get a hold of our `fan' and I want you to be listening to the comm. while watching the front, got it?”
 
“No problem, Logan. Just don't do anything stupid, ok?” Jubilee replied.
 
“I was doing this shit before you were even a twinkle in your Daddy's eye, Jubes. Trust me.” Logan said before he left the table. Ignoring the protests of the employees, Logan went out the back door of the restaurant. In the alley Logan found an old rusty fire escape that led to the roof of the building. As quickly as he could, Logan scrambled up the deteriorating ladder, wincing as the metal groaned under his weight.
 
After he reached the top of the escape, Logan moved low across the rooftop ducking behind a bank of solar panels to hopefully hide his presence. Peering around the panels, Logan could make out the man, dressed in a black body suit, as he leapt to the rooftop Logan was concealed on. The leap itself was a good forty feet and this gentleman cleared it without any apparent effort. < Boomer or mutant? He's must be one of the two and I'm upwind of him so I can't smell the bastard. > Logan thought as he observed the man. He stood with one foot up on the ledge of the building as he peered down on the street below.
 
“Why don't you come out, Logan?” the man in black said aloud.
 
Recognition hit Logan as he heard the man's voice. It was the voice of man he thought long dead, by his hand in fact. “Alex? I thought I gutted your worthless ass twelve years ago.” Logan growled as he stood up from behind his hiding spot and his claws popped into place.
 
“The one and only, you hairy bastard.” The man named Alex replied as his body began to glow and pulse with light.
 
“You have no idea how happy it made me to see you were in MegaTokyo. Time for you to burn, Wolverine!” Alex screamed as he unleashed a torrent of white-hot plasma towards Logan. The smell of burnt hair and melting plastic filled the air as a solar collector exploded in the spot where Logan had been standing moments before.
 
“So, Havok, why here? Why now?” Logan growled as he sprung up from the roll he had tucked into as the blast came at him.
 
“I'm not here for you, freak. You're just a bonus, and I must thank you for the information you have provided me with. And due to that information I must cut short our little get together and attend to business.” Havok said as he pressed a button hidden in the wrist of his bodysuit. From behind a nearby building a silent black VTOL vehicle pulled up next to the edge of the roof. “Don't worry Logan, we WILL meet again, and soon.”
 
“Why wait, bub?” Wolverine roared as he dove at the retreating Havok.
 
The VTOL rose into the air swiftly, but Logan was able to grasp a landing strut as he leapt at the retreating craft. A low growl caught in his throat as he began to pull himself up towards his prey.
 
“Ah-ah, Logan. No free rides, furball.” Havok remarked as he pointed a hand at Logan and sent a stream of plasma towards the strut Logan clung to. The metal landing gear popped free from the VTOL, taking a flailing Wolverine with it.
 
< This is going to hurt. > Logan thought as he fell earthwards. Letting go of the ruined strut Logan twisted in mid air to see the rapidly advancing rooftop of some nameless building.
 
~THUMP~
 
“Oww” escaped Logan's mouth as it was pressed, like the rest of his body, against the gravel of the buildings roof. “I'm really starting to hate this city.”
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
“Is the Super Boomer ready, Andersen?” Mason asked as he looked over the monstrous red combat boomer, as it stood tethered by numerous umbilical cables.
 
“Not yet, Mr. Mason. The new mutant detection modules have not been installed yet, but are expected to be soon and operational within 6 hours.” Mason's assistant responded.
 
Mason gazed up at the killing machine, admiring the hideous face designed to bring fear into the hearts of mortal man. < This will keep me ahead of the bitch, Madigan. All we need now is to test you against a worthy opponent. >
 
“Andersen? Have our new agent acquire that young mutant that Madigan covets. We will use him as a test subject for the Super Boomer and thwart our nemesis at the same time.” Mason ordered a feral grin spread across his face.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
“What are you going to do now, Irene?” Linna asked the young woman seated across from her.
 
“I'm going to keep trying to prove that GENOM caused my fiancé's death, Linna. But, I'm not going to confront them on the steps of the tower anymore.” Irene responded sipping her tea.
 
“Good. If GENOM caused his death, they wouldn't think twice about trying to hurt you too.” Linna said, glancing over Irene's shoulder and making eye contact with Chris, who was seated a couple of tables away.
 
“Thank you Linna, for spending time with me today. It has helped me deal with everything that's going on. Just do me one favor, ok?” Irene asked.
 
“What's that?”
 
“If they get me, will you have those vigilantes, the Knight Sabers, avenge me?” Irene asked with an impish grin. Linna just stared at her, her mouth open in shock at what Irene just asked. “Linna, I was just kidding.” Irene continued with a giggle, the first Linna had heard all day.
 
“That was NOT funny, Irene!” Linna exclaimed.
 
“I'm sorry Linna, I was just joking.” Irene responded.
 
The two women ate in companionable silence for the rest of their meal. Two tables away, Chris took everything in, eating lightly and sipping on some tea.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
 
“Charley! C'mon Chuck I know you're still here, so answer me damn it!” Logan yelled as he flung the door of the condo open, Jubilee trailing behind and trying to avoid Logan's rage.
 
< I can hear you Logan. Come into the study and we will discuss the issue at hand. Bring Jubilation too; she needs to know what is going on. > The Professor's thoughts spoke directly into Logan's mind.
 
“C'mon, kid.” Logan said curtly as he headed towards the study.
 
Jubilee followed the thundercloud that was Logan as he made his way into the condo. < I hope I'm going to find out why Wolvie's so freaked. I haven't seen him like this in years. > She thought.
 
< You will understand shortly, Jubilation. > Xavier mentally said in response to her thoughts. This shocked Jubilee from her thoughts and she sped up to stay with Logan. The two of them entered Xavier's study, the man himself seated behind a large desk, his hands steeped before his face. On one of the couches along the wall sat Dr. Henry McCoy, the Beast, his posture indicating a high level of agitation.
 
< What has all these guys so worked up? Logan said he ran into a mutant merc on the roof and he got away. What's the big deal? > Jubilee thought to herself, but all the while shielding her thoughts as the Professor had taught her many years ago.
 
“Havok is back, Charley, and he's after Chris. That's the only explanation for why he didn't take his shot at me.” Logan said to the wheel chaired man before him.
 
“We are not sure of that, Logan. Alex has always been one to act erratically at best.” Xavier responded.
 
“Stop fooling yourself, Chuck! That bastard took off right after I was on the phone with Chris. THAT is too much of a coincidence, so spare me the bullshit.” Logan heatedly said to the Professor.
 
Jubilee looked on as Logan ripped into a man who everyone she had ever met treated with respect. She could see the disapproving glare that Beast sent Logan's way. This was definitely not a pleasant situation.
 
Xavier's stare bored into Logan as anger welled in the old man. “Agreed.” Was all that he said in response.
 
“Excuse me? Why is this Havok character after Chris?” Jubilee asked as three sets of eyes turned towards her.
 
“He's after Chris because he's the kid's uncle, Jubes. And he wants anything linked to his brother Scott, Chris' father, wiped from the face of the earth.” Logan said in a dead voice. “He setup Cyke, and that resulted in his death. Then the sonovabitch murdered Jeanie when Chris was about ten.”
 
“Oh my God! I thought Chris' Mom died on a mission.” Jubilee said.
 
“She did Jubilation.” Dr. McCoy's voice boomed through the room as he spoke up. “We were trying to bring Havok to justice and she sacrificed herself to save her teammates.” Seeing that Jubilee had more questions waiting to come out, he continued, “We tracked Alex, that's Havok's real name, to a remote location in Antarctica known as the Savage Land, where he had taken up residence in the remnants of Magneto's stronghold there. As the final battle raged, Havok blew a hole in the wall to release the contents of a magma pocket on the other side. Jean used her TK to hold back the molten rock and allowed the rest of us the time to escape. Havok took the opportunity and incinerated her with his plasma discharge before our horrified eyes. Havok did not go unpunished, because our own erstwhile Wolverine flew into a rage and got close enough to disembowel Alex with a swipe of his claws. We all thought justice had been served, but apparently we were wrong.”
 
“Why didn't he ever tell me?” Jubilee asked in a small voice. It hurt her to think Chris didn't trust her enough to confide in her about something so important.
 
“Probably, because he did not know himself, Jubilation.” The Professor answered.
 
“You never told him? Why?” Jubilee asked her head still reeling from the revelations she had just heard.
 
“Jubilation, Christopher is like a son to all of us here. We all took part in raising him, and we all decided that it would be best to wait to tell him who had engineered his parent's deaths. He was a very frightened and sad little boy. It took the efforts of all three of us to keep him from becoming a bitter young man driven by the hate of his uncle. You know Christopher as well as we do, probably better in some ways. Do you honestly think that he would have letup until he had proof of his uncle's death considering how stubborn he can be? Christopher would not be the same good man he is today if we had told him the full truth.” Xavier stated.
 
Jubilee thought about Xavier's words for a few moments, weighing what he said. “I think I understand, Professor. But don't you think he needs to know now?” she finally asked.
 
“Jubes is right, Charley. Chris has the right to know the truth now, especially since that bastard Havok is after his hide.” Logan agreed.
 
“Explain it to him, Logan. Henry and myself are leaving for the States within the hour, so the burden falls to you, old friend. I do not envy you in doing this, but you are the closest to Christopher, so hopefully that will lessen the blow.” The Professor said. “And Jubilation, be there to support him. I know your romance is over, but Christopher himself has mentioned that he still considers you his best friend.”
 
“I'll do my best, Professor.” Jubilee replied. < Chris said I was still his best friend? > She thought to herself.
 
“It's a good thing that my skeleton's unbreakable, Chuck. He is going to be pissed.” Logan remarked.
 
“I know Logan. Good luck.”
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
End of Ties That Bind Part 3