Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning Prelude: Private Files

Most people have heard alot about it, of course, the battle for the city of Megatokyo and in a very real way for the heart of Japan. But most people only know the outline, not any of the details. I guess that's why you're here now, right?

With a story that's as big as this one is, they say you should start at the beginning. But where, exactly, is that supposed to be? Especially when you take into account some of the people that we're dealing with here?

Should I start off with the fall of a ancient civilization on the Moon, the survivors flung through space and time into another era? In modern times they took up arms against the forces of darkness, protecting all of humanity as the legendary sailor soldiers of love and justice along with the people who would come to love them.

But still, it's not just their story, and those details don't really help us tell the tale.

Once upon a time, long, long ago a noble Prince fell from grace, pulling his Princess sister down with him. Seeking to regain his lost power he manipulated a group of heroic young people to become Duelists, and one of them proved to be a greater prince than he ever was, saving the Princess and freeing them all.

They all became involved, too.

As old as humanity itself, or maybe even much older, the beings called Goddesses and Demons watched over humanity, answering our calls and then granting us wishes both noble and dark as they competed fiercely for our very hearts and souls. They even came to Tokyo itself, changing things in ways we're all still dealing with.

Their actions were part of our tale too, but still...

Then there's the AD Police, at that time the only police force that really mattered much in the city. Having evolved beyond simply dealing with Boomer crimes, the Advanced Police worked all forms of cutting edge crimes, and were the first to begin to see that something was going on.

But they weren't enough to stop it, not on their own.

The staff of a private bar, some of the oddest women that you would ever think to meet, played a role, too. They took up arms to defend their home, to protect people they considered to be their friends... And to avenge the death of one of their own.

Warriors all.

But what it really came down to, in the end, was the members of the Knight Sabers, the four armored defenders of the city. They were the ones who finally ended the battle, ultimately, and one of whom paid the greatest price.

Who am I?

Oh, I didn't say, did I?

My name is Nene Romanova.

And I was there to see it all.

Introduction Notes: Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning

This is a continuation of the BGC fanfiction A Goddess Comes to Call, and set in the same continuity as the Arisugawa's Locket/ Eternal City Crystal Tokyo series. While knowledge of these fics will be useful, it won't be required, hopefully. Chapter one of this series will go up soon after the end of my BGC: Mecha Wars crossover.