Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning

Sparks: Part Four

Sylia Stingray looked out at the city of Megatokyo, wishing for a moment that things could be simpler. Her silvery hair flowed down her shoulders, the dress she wore highlighting her sinfully long legs and rounded hips.

"You really shouldn't do that," Mara murmured, wrapping her arms around Sylia from behind, "you know how tempting you are to me." The tawny haired woman tightened her grip a moment, releasing her only when she felt no response. "What's wrong?" she asked softly.

Sylia turned her head slightly, kissing Mara gently. "Nene called a meeting," she answered softly, reaching up to stroke her cheek.

"You think she intends to resign?" Mara asked softly.

"I think so," Sylia sighed. She turned back to look out the window, "She really is getting to old to continue operating her armor."

Mara sighed softly. "If I could so something," the former demon said with a sigh, "you know I would." A flash of a smile, "You know I like that crazy hacker."

"Me, too," Sylia sighed. She saw a flash of light on the street below, smiling slightly as two cycles pulled up, "Looks like Urd and Priss have arrived."

Priss Asagiri smiled as she pulled her helmet off, setting it down gently on top of her cycle's fuel tank. The dark brown hair fell down into her face a bit messily, giving her a handsomely rakish sort of look. She looked over at Urd climbing off her own cycle, who was clearly admiring the skintight riding leathers that both of them were wearing.

"Do we have to go?" Urd asked with a seductive little smile, "I can think of much better things to be doing with our time."

Priss chuckled, "Sorry love, Sylia said it was important." The two women walked into the Silky Doll together as she added quietly, "And who knows, it might be another KS job."

"Fair enough," Urd agreed with a smile as both of them took the elevator up to Sylia's suite, "those are always fun."

"You have a interesting definition of fun," Priss laughed.

"It took you long enough," Mara said dryly as they entered the living room, Urd casually flipping her the bird in return.

"I think she's picking up your bad habits," Sylia noted but Priss just grinned.

"So what's the agenda?" Priss asked as Urd poured them both a drink from the bar.

"I'm not sure myself," Sylia acknowledged, "Nene was the one who called it."

Urd chuckled as she looked up at Sylia thoughtfully and remarked, "Of course it's driving you nuts not knowing."

"She's got you there love," Mara smiled, her gentle tone taking any sting from the words.

Sylia looked out again to see Linna and Belldandy arrive in their car, waiting until Nene and Mackie joined them before the four headed inside. 'Which just leaves Skuld,' Sylia thought.

Almost on cue the elevator 'dinged' as Skuld emerged, the black haired teenager wiping grease off of her hands. She wore her coveralls, a clean pair thankfully, and her eyes were bright with curiosity. "So what's going on?" she asked.

"Nene called the meeting," Urd informed her, "you'll have to ask her."

Before Skuld could ask anything more the elevator opened up behind her and the other four trooped out. "Congratulations on your promotion, Nene," Linna was saying as they headed for any available seats, her light brown hair neat in a business woman's style.

"You've earned it," Belldandy said with a gentle smile.

"It is kind of cool to be a full lieutenant," Nene admitted, the little blonde holding Mackie's hand. She looked good, though not as youthful as the others in the room.

"About time you got here," Urd, Mara and Priss all said at the same time, exchanging surprised glances once they spoke.

Nene actually stuck her tongue out at them, "I needed to check some things." She looked over at Skuld, "You aren't rebuilding the Hardsuits again, are you?"

Skuld pouted, "I got into enough trouble for that the last time."

"Yo," Priss gave Nene a casual wave, getting a raspberry of her own from Nene in return. "What did I do?" she protested.

"She'll think of something," Mackie offered with a grin, the black haired young man mixing drinks for him and her.

Sylia's eyes twinkled dangerously as she smoothly said, "How are those purchases from the Silky Doll working out, Nene?"

Both Nene and Mackie's cheeks went bright red at that. "Just fine, thank you," she managed to say with as much dignity as she could manage.

A bit more gravely Sylia said, "You called this meeting, Nene." She studied Nene a moment, "What's the situation?"

Nene nodded gravely, getting up from her seat before taking a bracing drink and setting her glass down. "There's a couple of things," she said, "The first being that... I'm getting a bit too old to operate my Hardsuit."

"I'm sure we could modify...." Belldandy started, her light brown hair flowing as she moved.

"Thanks," Nene gave her a gentle smile, "but I bet Sylia and Skuld would disagree with you." More seriously, "And to be honest, getting shot at while wearing a suit of skintight battle armor doesn't hold the same sort of appeal it once did."

"You'll always be a member of the Knight Sabers," Sylia said seriously, "even if you never wear your armor again."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Nene nearly smirked, "because I have a replacement in mind." She looked over at the black haired young woman trying to get a smudge of grease off her nose and said, "I nominate Skuld."

"I don't need armor," Skuld protested reflexedly, "I'm a goddess."

"Third Class Limited," Belldandy reminded her of her licensed power level gently, getting a glare from her little sister.

"And I have my bombs," Skuld frowned.

Nene crossed the room, surprising the younger woman by putting her hand on Skuld's arm. "I want someone to keep an eye on these crazies," Nene looked over at the goddesses and other Knight Sabers fondly, "I'm trusting you to do that."

"Playing the 'responsibility to my sisters' card was pretty low," Skuld murmured to Nene softly, her eyes narrowed angrily.

"Maybe," Nene said quite agreeably, "but did it work?"

"All right," Skuld raised her voice to declare, "I'll be a Knight Saber."

"You said there was something else?" Linna asked from where she was sitting by Belldandy.

"My hackers over at the AD Police have stumbled onto something that might become a Knight Sabers problem," Nene said.

Priss leaned forward, "Yes?"

"Mercenaries," Nene said seriously, "lots of them. At least three major corporations are bringing in combat forces, the sort of teams that fought in the fourth Gulf War."

"Armored suits, too," Sylia said thoughtfully, "I intercepted information on several shipments coming in to the city."

"Combine that with electronic sabotage going on between those companies, data raids and litigation," Nene said grimly, "and you've got a bomb ready to go off."

To be continued...