Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning

Sparks: Part Five

The car came across the bridge, sunlight glinting off the glass as they hurried down the lane. The car slowed as it neared the edge of the great city, pulling over in a clear area. Around them buildings soared towards the sky, the roads busy with traffic going into and out of town. The drivers and passenger side doors opened almost at the same time, two figures emerging.

The driver's pink hair fell into her eyes, a bit overlong. She wore a simple white shirt and black pants, her blue eyes taking in her surroundings with a frown. "Looks like we're back, Anthy," the woman said with a sigh.

Her passenger smiled gently, her dusky skin seeming like chocolate in the sunlight. She wore a nice skirt and blouse, her purple hair flowing around her shoulders. Anthy nodded slightly, "That we are," her voice took on a teasing tone, "Utena-sama."

"Don't start that again," Utena chuckled. At some unspoken signal both of them climbed back inside, Utena starting up the car.

"Sio whom do we go see first?" Anthy asked curiously as Utena pulled back out into traffic, looking out at the massively built up city of Megatokyo.

"Arisugawa Juri first," Utena said firmly while keeping a careful eye out on the traffic, "then we'll see who else has arrived. Miki should still be in town and I understand that Touga and Nanani both have offices here."

"And Saionji?" Anthy asked curiously.

"He said that he was going on a training journey," Utena said dryly, "but what that means exactly, I don't know."

Anthy smiled wryly, "Should be interesting."

Far from the city of Megatokyo, up in the hill country where the trees and forests still remained, there was a ancient shrine. Few came there, the mistress of the place being an exacting master, and even fewer left with the secrets that she held in her heart and memory.

Saionji stood in a guard position, the wooden practice sword he carried rock still. Green hair flowed around his shoulders, the traditional garb he wore prestine. His eyes were shut, an aura of complete calm about him as he stood, waiting.

"Now!" the woman's voice cried.

Saionji's eyes snapped open, moving with incredible speed as his opponents fell on him. His sword was a blur, enemies flying away as he ran forward to meet their attack. More emerged from the trees, knives shining as they flew towards him but he parried easily. Onward he ran, breaking through their ranks to reach his target.

"Rock splitting sword!" Saionji cried, hammering the wooden blade down on the boulder that was his designated tasrget, focusing his chi through the weapon. He hung there a moment, the ancient rock standing fast, then it simply shattered.

"You're technique is that of a barbarian," the grey haired woman noted, "your chi a blunt instrument rather than a fine blade. You are a marginal student, at best."

"I've been here awhile, Motoko-sensei," Saionji said with a slight smile on his face as the dust and rock settled around him, "from you, that's high praise."

"He's got you there," the brown haired woman stood by Motoko's side, smiling at her fondly. "So Saionji," Kitsune smiled at the man gently, "What use are you going to put the techniques you learned here to?"

"Fighting monsters," Saionji smiled slightly, "as they were meant to be used." He sighed, "Though finding monsters these days is harder than ever."

"Oh?" Motoko raised an eyebrow, a slight smile on her face.

Saionji smiled at her, "You have some knowledge that I lack, sensei?"

"A message from an old friend, nothing more," Motoko said to him serenely. "She suggested that there might be trouble worthy of a blade in Megatokyo," she said.

Saionji didn't look worried, exactly, but his eyes widened slightly. "I have friends in Megatokyo," he noted.

Motoko nodded, "You've learned all that you can of the ancient techniques, Saionji. Now you must go forth and use them as they demand."

"Thank you, sensei," Saionji bowed respectfully before turning and striding off to the shrine of this secluded community.

It was only a few hours later that Saionji had packed his bag and wish his sensei and fellow students good fortune. He felt a bit of regret, leaving the peace and contemplation of this place, but he also knew a very simple fact. A sword must be used, less it become rusted metal, and deep down he knew that he was a sword.

Saionji took to the road, only walking a short distance before he noticed the sports car smoothly come up behind him. He turned, smiling slightly as he recognized the man sitting behind the wheel, "Touga, been a while."

Kiryuu Touga popped the passenger's side door open even as the bold redhead said, "That it has. You finish your training?"

"Motoko has decided that I've learned all I can," Saionji calmly climbed in and asked, "did you come out to get me?"

"Of course," Touga said, flashing a smile. "Got a call from Anthy, we're all getting together in Megatokyo," he revealed.

"According to a friend of Motoko's there's trouble coming," Saionji said.

"Good," Touga smiled, "makes life more interesting."

Back in Megatokyo in a busy office building a dynamic young woman was cursing softly, Kiryuu Nanami pushed her golden hair back to where it had escaped from it's braid as she ran through the numbers once again.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," her secretary said, the black haired young man looking nervous as he said, "do you want me to ask for the numbers again?"

"It won't change them, Gibson," Nanami sighed. "We're taking losses due to the smuggling racket and we'll continue to until they get shut down."

Gibson sighed softly, "Yes ma'am."

"That and all the coroprate espionage going on," Nanami added. She was arguably the head of Kiryuu's internal security and what she was seeing was alarming, to say the least. "What are the numbers on that?" she asked.

"Going up," Gibson reported, "we've had attempted break-ins with our secure research facilities and attacks on our computer systems."

"Put a report together and pass it on to the AD Police," Nanami said calmly.

"Ma'am, that information could be used by our enemies if they managed to acquire it," Gibson offered tentatively.

"The AD Police can't do anything if it isn't reported," Nanami said calmly, "and I don't like keeping the police out of the loop." She smiled grimly, "We're not that sort of company."

"Yes ma'am," Gibson nodded.

Nanami sighed softly to herself once he left. She's have to make sure copies of the data were passed on to the AD Police herself, just to be certain. Not that she distrusted her people, but sometimes it was best to do it yourself.

'I wish I could hire Miki,' Nanami thought fondly. The blue haired young man she loved was as honorable as they get, he'd be almost the perfect counter to her own unscrupulous tendencies. 'Problem is he's too honest,' she thought glumly, 'he doesn't want to use influence to get the job.' With that in mind Nanami picked up the phone, dialing numbers she knew from memory.

"Nanami," Miki smiled as he picked up the phone, his blue hair falling messily into his eyes. The private studio he owned was in the background and a set of old fashioned headphones were hanging around his neck.

"I didn't interupt, did I?" Nanami asked with a smile.

"Thank you for doing so," Miki chuckled. "Vision is being even more of a pain than normal," he said, "I could use a break."

"Care to meet me for lunch?" Nanami offered.

"I'd love to," Miki laughed, "I'm starving."

"Then I'll meet you at our usual place," Nanami smiled at him cheerfully as she said, "in half an hour, all right?"

"Meet you there," Miki half waved as he disconnected.

Nanami fought back a smile as she cleared her desk, making sure all her work was up to date. She grabbed her coat, slipping her coat on as she left her tidy office behind. She nodded to her executive assistant, "Gibson, I'll be out for two hours."

"Have a nice lunch," Gibson waved as she rushed by.

"Thanks," Nanami grinned before darting out the door.

To be continued....

Author's Note: the characters of Motoko and Kitsune are from Love Hina, and the sword techniques that Saionji was learning are also from that anime series.