Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning
Fan the Flames: Two
 
The Locket was closed, probably the first time in years that had happened during one of the business' usual nights. Inside womer rushed about and even a few men helped out with the preperations. "You know," Mamoru murmured, dressed in his black tuxedo, "I always wanted to see the interior of this place, but I wish it hadn't been like this."
 
"True enough," Touga Kiryuu acknowledged, his long red hair flowing down his back.
 
Sylia Stingray put her cellphone away as she turned to the crowd, white hair flowing. "Nene and the AD Police are moving out," she reported, "she'd like us out on the streets as soon as possible, in case this blows up spectacularly."
 
"Dibs on visiting Bioware," Minagi spoke up, her slightly spiked blue hair swept back from her face. The tall warrior wore a simple, tight body suit and her expression was grave.
 
"Me, too," Arisugawa Juri agreed, her own eyes glittering angrily. The orange haired woman was dressed in a variation of her old Duelist uniform, the white and orange bodysuit made of the finest armor-cloth.
 
"Bad idea," Minako Aino said firmly, meeting the glares of several of the Locket staff calmly.
 
"Keiko was our friend," Mahoro said coldly, the black haired maid cleaning the fearsome looking pistol that was her favorite weapon, "how can we not be involved?"
 
Natsuna Sakurada smiled grimly, her long brown hair touched by more tha a bit of gray. "Bringing these bastards to justice will hurt them far more than a moment of vengeance," the former police officer reminded them.
 
"I have all the justice they'll need," Excel said firmly, hefting a surprisingly large machete. Beside the little blonde Hyatt looked oddly dangerous, her own sword ready.
 
Surprisingly Nabiki Tendo spoke up, "I won't be going out with you, but I think they have a point." The black haired older woman smiled grimly, "I don't think that Keiko would have wanted you to do that, anyway."
 
"We'll let the AD Police have the first shot at Bioware," Juri finally cut off the growing argument, "but if they fail all bets are off."
 
"Fair enough," Usagi Tsukino said. Around her the other Sailor Senshi had gathered as she continued, "You take Nergal's headquarters while we take Bioware, and I promise to let you know if there's any problems."
 
Setsuna put her hand on Juri;s arm then kissed her gently. "Be careful love," she murmured, mane of greenish black hair flowing gracefully, "I'll be back,"
 
"You too," Juri said softly as the group left. She looked about the bar, and in moments Minagi, Mahoro, Excel and surprisingly Cyber Six joined her. "Sasami," she adressed the princess of Jurai, "I hate to ask but can you keep an eye on the place?"
 
Sasami frowned, the little girl's twin streams of blue hair bobbing angrily. "I could always become Tsunami," she offered, refering to her adult other-self.
 
"Part of why we'd want you here," Minagi smiled at her lover, "if the enemy does strike at the Locket you can defend the place."
 
"I could use the help," Nabiki said, smiling at Sasami entreatingly.
 
"All right," Sasami agreed with a sigh. She looked up at Minagi fiercely and warned, "Don't you dare do anything foolish."
 
"Would I do that?" Minagi smirked.
 
"I'll keep an eye on her," Mahoro quickly reassured Sasami. Ignoring their protests Excel and Hyatt were also assigned to protect the building and the group was nearly ready to go.
 
Sylia and her people left first, then Usagi and the other Senshi, Utena and the Duelists and finally Juri and her allies headed out to try to help. "Minagi, you mind?" Juri asked with a smile.
 
"Sure," Minagi slipped her hands under Juri's arms and took to the air even as Cyber Six and Mahoro bounded along beside her.
 
"I was a little surprised to see you volunteer," Mahoro commented, her maid's uniform, swirling around her as she hit a rooftop then bounded on.
 
The leather clad Cyber Six hit a rooftop, her long cape flowing in the breeze. "Keiko's been kind to me," she answered, dark eyes peering under her hat, "as has May."
 
The sounds of sirens waited in the distance, and they could see AD Police copters spreading out to head for the several business complexes. On the ground the heavy transports raced along oddly empty streets, each loaded with K-suits and troopers bound for battle.
 
"Do you think they're going to be trouble?" Minagi asked.
 
Sudden the sound of a explosion went off, not far from AD Police headquarters. "Does that answer your question?" Juri asked grimly. They swooped down towards the Nergal headquarters as she added, "Don't attack first, we don't want to be the ones starting the fight."
 
The flash of weapon's discharges grew brighter as they hit the ground, racing forward together through the twilight of morning. "Somehow I don't think that will be a problem," Mahoro noted as they saw mercenary armored suits engaging a badly outnumbered force of AD Police K-suits.
 
The armored suits were clearly military grade, carrying some faily impressive arms. Along with a heavy rifle mini-missile launchers were on each shoulder, the armor providing some truly impressive strength magnification as well. The police K-suits, on the other hand, had less powerful rifles and strength boost only, putting them at some disadvantage.
 
"Remember that there's human beings in these things," Cyber Six said grimly, "disarm then, but don't kill."
 
Juri activated her sword, a gift she had recieved many years ago from Minagi, Ryouko and a few other connected to Jurai and smiled, the energy blade lighting up her face. "Mahoro, take the high ground and open fire," she instructed, "the rest of us will back up the K-suits."
 
Minagi lit up her own energy blade, racing foward faster than the others to tear into a truly stunned mercenary. The blade cut through layers of armor like paper, then she used brute strenngth to tear the segments apart. An AD Police officer gaped at her from where he stood nearby and Minagi grinned, "Do I get a thank you?"
 
"Thanks," he stammered.
 
From her perch on a Police transport Mahoro fired with unearthly precision, targeting joints in the bulky enemy suits. The petite woman's gun had been built to help hunt aliens, way bck when, and up against battle armor it was almost too effective.
 
Juri throttled back her anger, careful to use the shining blade to only cut dep enough to disable the armors, not to harm the pilots. 'At least not too much,' she thought, slicking across a fighter's chest plate and severing primary connections there.
 
Ducking beneath a blow Cyber Six kicked gracefully, sensing her foe stumbling backwards. All around them the AD Police were rallying, getting the advantage now that the mercenaries were so badly off balance. She reached out, grasped hold of the seam betwee the helm and the suit and with a single effort ripped the helmet clean off.
 
"What the hell are you?!" the young man squeaked, his face bone pale.
 
Cyber Six wasn't in the mood to joke, just meeting his eyes coldly. "Someone who doesn't like armed criminals in her city," and then she punched him out.
 
Vaulting over a suit Juri severed the backpack connectionns, cutting off the power toothe bulky armor then smoothly kicking it over. "That hurt," she grimaced. Looking around Juri waved over an AD police lieutenant, "How are the other arrests going?"
 
"I shouldn't...." the brown haired young man looked at her hesitantly, his name tag identifying him as Yukari.
 
"We just saved your hides," Minagi dropped down from where she had been hovering in midair shaking a merc free of his suit, "and you may need more of our help before this is through."
 
Yukari nodded reluctantly, "Point." With that he touched his earpiece, speaking softly into his mike before he seemed to freeze.
 
"Want to bet it's bad news?" Cyber Six asked.
 
Mahoro walked up, reloading bullets into her pistol as she said, "That'd be a foolish bet."
 
With the sounds of violence off in the distance as a backdrop Yukari said grimly, "The arrests are on hold, Mercenary forces are attacking all over the city. The AD Police are being stretched to the limit just trying to cope."
 
Juri met the others eyes, seeing agreement in them all. Lighting up her blade again she said, "Then it looks like we'll have to get to work."
 
To be continued....