Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning
Inferno: Two
 
"Oh hell," Mackie hit the deck, the brown haired young man ducking as explosions lit up the night. Lisa Valente followed him to the ground, having already learned how good his survival instincts were. In a moment a group of Boomers shambled by them, pale misshapen bodies warping and shifting as they moved, but in moments they were gone.
 
"I'd love to know hnow you do that," Lisa muttered, the dark skinned girl pushing sweaty hair up out of her eyes.
 
"Call it a gift," Mackie muttered as they hurried along the wrecked back alleys of the city. Megatokyo had already suffered under the mercenaries, and the Boomer attack was making things even worse. The destroyed without any rhyme or reason, killing and maiming wildly as they sought to overrun the city.
 
Lisa touched her earpiece, listening to radio chatter from her fellow officers. "The mercenaries are making a dent with the attacking Boomers, they and the AD police may be able to get this under control," she reported.
 
"That still leaves the plotters who started this," Mackie said grimly as they hurried from cover to cover, "and Nergal's private armed forces, too. We need to get them or anything else we do will just be meaningless."
 
"I know," Lisa agreed flatly, bringing up her pistol to fire at a lone Boomer. With surprising accuracy she punched several bullets through it's head, white blood splattering, then it dropped, still twitching faintly.
 
"Thanks," Mackie smiled, "we're even now." He looked around, trying to get his bearings then they both jerked at a explosion off in the distance.
 
"What the...?" Lisa had her pistol ready.
 
"Let's take a look," Mackie waved for her to put her gun away as they hurried forward. They peered around the corner of a building.. only to freeze in awe.
 
The Boomers were powerful, but the three women tearing into them were even more so. Minagi ad Arisugawa Juri tore into the enemy with energy swords, cutting them easily while Cyber Six fought with intensity and supreme strength, tearing them apart. Along with them Mahoro was perched on a roof top, her pistol roaring to splatter Boomers with frightening ease.
 
"I want a gun like that," Lisa breathed.
 
"You'd probably wreck your arms just trying to fire it," Mackie answered dryly. Once the battle was over he boldly stepped out, waving a hand as he yelled, "Juri!"
 
"Mackie Stingray?" Juri looked surprised to see him, her orange hair flowing back in a braid. She extinguished the sword she carried as she walked over, "What are you doing here?"
 
"The boomer attack is just a distraction," Lisa blurted.
 
Mackie nodded as he quickly sketched in what he had learned. "If we don't stop the ringleaders," he finished, "all of our fighting will be for nothing."
 
"Problem is there are still a lot of mad Boomers on the loose," Mahoro noted as the black haired android reloaded her pistol, her maid's outfit fluttering in the breeze.
 
"She's right, Mackie, there's a lot of lives at risk here," Juri said grimly. Before he could try to protest she said, "Minagi, Makoro, I want you two to go with Mackie, we'll hold things here."
 
"You sure boss?" Minagi asked, the blue haired space pirate looking at Juri worriedly.
 
"It makes sense," Cyber Six removed her hat to push her spiky black hair back, "you two can fly and get Mackie wherever he needs to go fast." The black leather clad warrior smiled grimly, "Besides, I can always call Data Seven for back up if needed."
 
"Ready?" Mahoro asked Mackie calmly, the slim black haired woman reaching out to carry him.

"Always," Mackie nodded then looked towards Lisa. "I think you can head back to the AD Police, we should be all right."
 
"Oh no, I'm coming along," Lisa said firmly.
 
"But..." Mackie started.
 
"If something happens to you Nene will have my hide," Lisa pointed out, "I'd better go along, if only to save myself."
 
"She's got a point," Minagi smirked, "Nene can be fierce."
 
Mackie opened his mouth to continue arguing, but finally closed it. Lisa was clearly determined, and more importantly he might need the help. "Okay," he nodded, "let's go."
 
"Good luck," Juri called.
 
Mahoro grabbed Mackie while Minagi grabbed Lisa then the four were gone, disappeasring into the fire and smioke of the wrecked city. Cyber Six turned to Juri, the woman almost shadow like in the dim light, "So, what's the plan?"
 
Calmly Juri ignited her sword, the orange energy blade shimmering in the smoke. "We kill Boomers," she said as they heard the incoherent moans of the rampaging creatures coming closer, "then we'll hook up with the other teams."
 
"Like Setsuna's team?" Cyber Six teased as she scanned the darkness warily.
 
"Something like that," Juri half smiled as the first Boomers appeared. Cyber Six charged first, tearing a boomer apart with her bare hands, then Juri followed in, sword a blur as she cut them down with ruthless efficiency.
 
Meanwhile at the Locket Tendo Nabiki sat at one of the tables, a modified AD Police radio sitting in front of her and a map of the city spread out on the table. Her black hair was sprinkled with grey and her body had lost it's vigor but her eyes were as sharp as ever. "AD Police in district twelve are hard pressed," she relayed the message, "Saber One, can you reinforce?"
 
Priss' Asagiri's voice sounded amused as she answered, "Tell them we'll be there in a minute."
 
"Thank you," Nabiki grinned.
 
Sasami walked up in her adult form, carrying a tray with tea and snacks. "How's it going?" she asked softly, the woman's blue hair flowing in twin streams.
 
"Were making progress," Nabiki gestured to the map. Red pins covered two thirds, signs of Boomer activity, while a third was marked with blue, indicating no Boomer activity reported.
 
"That many Boomers loose..." Sasami murmured, looking at the red covering much of the map. She looked at Nabiki, "Is everyone all right so far?"
 
"I think so," Nabiki looked towards a shadowed corner, "physically at least."
 
May had appeared at the bar a few hours ago after finishing making the arrangements for Keiko, and with a quiet dignity had retreated to a corner with her grief. Most of the staff had done to offer their condolences, along with the few patrons who had come despite the crisis, but she remained silent, drinking steadily.
 
"I thought May couldn't get drunk?" Sasami asked softly.
 
Nabiki shrugged grimly, "I think she's determined to test that theory."
 
Over by the front door Excel and Hyatt stood watch, both carrying dangerous looking swords with them. Not far away a relative newcomer to the bar waited, her red leathers clinging to her body. "Are you expecting the Boomers to hit here?" Naomi Armitage asked, looking at Excel over the top of her sunglasses.
 
"Not expecting," Excel said calmly, "but if they do come I want to be prepared."
 
"Arisugawa-sama asked us to guard this bar," Hyatt added, leaning bonelessly in the doorway, "and we're going to do so."
 
"I'm surprised Genom and some of the other corps aren't moving to help the cops," Armitage frowned, checking a gun hidden beneath her red jacket.
 
"Their forces are devoted to trying to protect their staff and facilities from the Boomers," Sasami said as she carried over a try full of cups of coffee to the waiting group, "they don't have anything left to help with."
 
"I just hope we get some help soon," Armitage sighed.
 
"But I thought we were making progress against them?" Excel blurted, waving her sword around to make the point.
 
"Looking at the reports there's not enough Boomers being sighted," Armitage said grimly, "I just wonder where the rest are?"
 
To be continued....