Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction ❯ A Goddess Comes to Call ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Four: Keep on Moving

Linna helped Sylia unroll the two mattresses in the empty suite at the Silky Doll. "Thanks, Sylia," Linna said, blushing a bit.

"We can't put them in your apartment," Sylia said with a shrug. "Besides, I still want to figure out what they are." She looks sideways at Linna, "You do know, that you're going to have to stay here with them as well?"

Linna nodded glumly, "Belldandy follows me, and they follow her." She shook her head and asked, "So where am I staying?" Sylia gestured to the next room, and Linna decided to walk over and take a look.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Belldandy said sweetly to Linna, "it's not quite ready." Belldandy stood in the middle of a room that looked like a much neater replica of her apartment bedroom. She was putting books in a bookcase, in the exact same order Linna had them.

Linna looked around in shock. "How in the world did you do this?" she asked faintly.

"It's a relatively simple trick," Belldandy answered simply. She suddenly looked a bit worried, "Do you not like it? If you want, I can put everything back..." Belldandy said, lifting her hands in the air as a soft glow appeared around her.

"No, no! I like it! Thank you, Bell," Linna said, smiling at her. "It just surprised me."

"You're welcome, Linna." Belldandy said, smiling. She asked her softly "Why did you call me `Bell'?"

"Sorry, short form for Belldandy," Linna explained. Belldandy looked thoughtful.

"I think I like it," Belldandy admitted. "If you like, you can call me `Bell'." she said, smiling at Linna warmly.

Linna blushed. She looked around for something to say, and noticed that her bed was the only one in there. "Bell, where are you going to sleep?" Linna asked with a sinking feeling.

"Why, with you of course," Belldandy said sweetly.

Linna looked at her blankly a moment, blushing. "That's not a good idea," Linna started, only to see Belldandy's confused expression. `She has no idea,' Linna thought, `and I'm not sure I want to try to explain the lesbian birds and the bees to her.' Simple explanation time: "I roll over a lot in my sleep. Why don't I bring in another mattress?"

"Oh, I can do that," Belldandy said cheerfully, and went off to find Sylia.

Priss waited till Belldandy left, then walked in, chuckling softly. "She wants to sleep with you, and you're making excuses?" Priss said impishly.

"And where's your new ball and chain?" Linna said dryly. Priss suddenly had a hunted look to her eyes, making Linna laugh.

Priss rolled her eyes. "I still can't tell if she's serious or not," Priss said smiling.

"There you are!" Urd said happily from behind Priss, wrapping her arms around Priss's neck.

"What do you mean, you're sleeping together!" Skuld yelled angrily, running into the room. She looked very angry, as well as sugar filled.

Belldandy followed, looking apologetic. "Skuld, you're over- reacting," Belldandy said soothingly.

"No, we aren't," Linna started, only to be cut off.

"Banpei, get in here!" Skuld yelled, and a small, squat robot walked in. It looked like it had been made from spare parts, and was strangely kawaii. "Go in there," she said, pointing to Linna and Belldandy's room, "and protect Belldandy! If Linna tries anything during the night, use punishment mode one!"

"Yes, ma'am," the robot said simply.

"Punishment mode one?" Linna asked, frowning.

"Banpei, demonstrate punishment mode one!" Skuld ordered. The little robot moved like a blur, and Linna reeled back as something struck her on the forehead. The robot dropped to the ground, even as Priss took one look at Linna and broke out laughing. Sylia and Nene walked in to see what was up, took a look, and started laughing too.

Linna peered into a nearby mirror to see the word "HENTAI" stamped across her forehead. She groaned softly, even as Belldandy came over to her with a washcloth.