Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Of Cards and Wands ❯ Fashionable Battle ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Of Cards and Wands
By: Starlight Rose
Email: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

A.N. Okay first off I apologize to everyone for taking so long and coming out with such a short chapter. The problem with this fic stems from the fact that another author accused me of plagarizing this fic from their Harry Potter crossover and I responded to them and defended myself and never got a reply. After the accusation however I ran into a writer's block probably brought on by that and then I was offline for a while as I switched out computers and discovered the copy I saved of this story on disk was not complete and I had to re-write the end of this chapter. After that I had some problems with my personal life that are just finally being resolved and school of course has been getting in the way. Overall it left me with not enough energy or motivation to write and certainly not enough time. I was planning on having more in this chapter but decided to end it early b/c I had taken so long to bring this out. If there are spelling and grammar mistakes it's b/c I have no grammor/spell-check on my current computer and I'm too lazy to proofread it myself (not like I'd catch any of my own mistakes anyway). Well enough of my rambling. Enjoy or not. Feedback is very welcomed.

***************************

Eriol rushed out of the building with the sorcerers close on his heels and Tomoyo on theirs gleefully recording everything. When they got outside Eriol stopped short and those following him nearly ran into his broad back. They looked up to see why he stopped and what the wizard was looking at and their mouths opened wide in shock. Rampaging through the streets in front to of the building they had been in was a thirty-feet tall monster. The monster vaguely resembled a bear with long deadly metal claws and what looked like armor covering its body. It roared loudly as it slashed a car into slivers of metal. Ron, Fred, and George all asked, "What is that? It certainly isn't like anything we've learned about in Care of Magical Creatures."

"That," Eriol answered smiling grimly, "Is part of your other summer assignment. Though it has appeared a bit early. I did not think the portal had weakened this much already. You students will help Sakura-san, Li-kun, and me to return it to where it came from. If we cannot do that then we must destroy it."

"What do you mean by 'part of'?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"There will be more but hopefully we'll have more help when you face those." Eriol answered and forestalled anymore questions by telling them, "We must hurry before it destroys the city."

"How are we supposed to return it to where it came from, if we don't know where it came from?" Syaoran asked glaring at his relative.

"Sakura-san can take care of that." Eriol said turning to Sakura who just gave him a confused look not knowing how she was to do it. "Sakura-san you must create a new card and spell that can return this creature to where it belongs."

Sakura looked a bit worried before she saw the confident smile on Eriol's face. She nodded her head firmly and replied, "I'll try."

"Everyone else try to weaken the creature or bind it so that Sakura-san can send it back to where it belongs." Eriol said.

"It'll be hard to do it from the ground." Harry commented.

"I know. I have Spinal Sun and Ruby Moon coming her now with brooms for all of you." Eriol replied. "Yue and Keroberus are on their way also."

"Forget about Voldemort killing us, I think Eriol wants to kill us. He wants us to fight that thing?" Ron muttered quietly to Harry and Hermione.

Harry just shrugged and replied, "We can't just let it destroy the city."

"Everyone attack it from the ground until Ruby Moon and Spinal Sun get here. I'm going to go and attack it from above." Sakura said to everyone before pulling out her star key and chanting, "Key with the power of the stars under the compact, I, Sakura, command you. RELEASE!" The key grew into a full-sized pink staff with a large golden star on the top. Pulling out a card Sakura threw it and called out, "Lift me up to face the monster, FLY!" She struck the card with the staff and pink wings sprouted from her back and lifted her up.

"I'll help you Sakura-san!" Eriol shouted as he muttered a few words under his breath and lifted off of the ground carried by invisible air currents.

"I thought you said Sakura wouldn't be in much danger!" Syaoran complained as he removed an ofuda and chanted a few words. The ofuda disappeared and he began to float upwards as well. He removed the onyx ball he carried with him and summoned his sword from it. Though he found it to be rather ineffective. Whenever Syaoran managed to get close enough he brought his sword down onto the monster but it caused the huge beast very little harm.

"Why do I feel as if my magic is useless when compared to theirs?" Hermione asked in exasperation as she watched the three flying about the monster's head and sending various attacks at it.

"It's not just you, but I guess we better help however we can." Harry said.

"But how? We haven't really learned any spell powerful enough to be of any help. Do any of you know any spells like the one's their using?" Ron asked gesturing towards the group of sorcerers flying above and attacking the monster with fire, water, and wind.

They all shook their heads as they watched the creature take a swipe at Sakura who managed to barely dodge in time before sending out Firey after the monster. Firey wrapped around the monster burning some of its fur and causing it to howl in anger. The howl sent a large gust of wind sweeping into Sakura and knocking her down. Syaoran quickly dove to catch her and managed to stop her fall a few feet above the ground. Turning back to the monster he pulled out several more ofudas and chanted quickly under his breath. A bolt of thunder streaked down from the sky and struck the creature. Sakura removed herself from Syaoran's arms with a smile of thanks and called forth Woody commanding it to wrap around the creature to bind it. Woody wrapped its limbs around it but the monster quickly slashed at her branches causing Woody to turn back into card form.

"We can't just stand here and do nothing!" Ginny cried out frustrated. "If we don't do something one of them is going to get hurt."

"Let me try the full-body bind." Hermione suggested. She removed her wand and called out the words to the curse but to no affect. The creature was too big and too powerful. The most she had seemed able to do was to bind its fingers together so it could no longer use it's deadly claws. "I guess that's better than nothing, but it's too big!"

At that moment Spinal Sun arrived and a red laser shot out of the guardian creature's mouth hitting the monster squarely on the shoulder. In his paws he held three brooms and he threw all three down to the waiting teenagers. Harry, Fred, and George caught the brooms and took off. If they couldn't fight the monster then they could at least distract it Harry reasoned. He flew in front to of the monster's face and as the monster opened its mouth barring it's huge teeth Harry veered left and under the monster's mouth.

Ruby Moon arrived soon after Spinal Sun and she threw the three brooms she held down to the remaining three and they all three mounted and took off having the same mindset as Harry. The six Hogwarts students tried their best to distract the creature knowing none of the curses they knew would be of any use against the creature. They feared for the worse when they saw a strange winged lion approaching them until the lion opened it's mouth and shot fire out at the bear-like monster. A longhaired man with white birds' wings followed after them. The two newcomers gathered around Sakura and seemed to be protecting her. When the bear's un-cursed hand shot forward to knock Sakura down they saw the winged man sweep in and carry her off as the lion spewed fire from its mouth at the offending claw.

Hermione looked at the hand the creature couldn't seem to use and suddenly a thought struck her. She shouted out to the other Hogwarts students and they all turned to look at her causing George to be nearly knocked off of his broom as the creature sent another gust of wind his way. Luckily for George, Eriol blocked the attack with a countering gust of wind. When all of them were close enough to hear her, Hermione said, "The full-body bind wouldn't work if I cast it alone because that thing is too big, but if we all cast it simultaneously then maybe we can immobilize it if only for a few seconds but maybe long enough for Sakura-chan to cast whatever spell she needs to."

The others nodded their heads in understanding and spread out around the monster as the other group continued to attack and defend. Each removed their wands and began to chant the curse together. A spark shot forth from all their wands and hit the monster in various parts of its anatomy. The creature fell to the ground with a great thud causing the ground to heave and shake, but it was immobile.

Sakura took that as her chance and held her key over the monster and thought hard about returning the creature back to its world. A glowing card shaped form began to appear at the tip of her staff and finally a card materialized at the tip and floated towards Sakura. Sakura smiled as she saw what the card was and raised her staff and cried out, "Return this beast to the world he belongs, PORTAL!"

A large white light enveloped the creature as it began to dematerialize until it and the light vanished and the Portal card floated back to Sakura's hand. Eriol smiled at everyone as he said lightly, "See that wasn't so bad. I thought it was rather fun."

Syaoran glared and advanced menacingly towards the magician as the Hogwarts students stared dumbfounded at their Professor's idea of fun. Keroberus and Spinal Sun shook their heads in dismay. Yue looked impassive as usual and Ruby Moon laughed. Tomoyo ran over to them and exclaimed excitedly, "This is the best video yet! All of you looked so cool fighting in your outfits! I'm glad I had all of you model so you're already wearing your costumes."

Sakura and Syaoran just gave long-suffering sighs at Tomoyo's comments while the others looked on in confusion and Keroberus grinned. Eriol smiled at Sakura and told her, "Great work Sakura-san in making the Portal card. You kids did a great job too," Eriol continued. "Combining your powers and using the full-body bind curse. You've learned one good thing from this. Sometimes you can't do things alone and need other's help to get anything done."

"We learned that lesson many times already." Harry answered wryly glancing at Ron and Hermione. "By the way who are they?" Harry asked pointing to the guardians. Whoever they were Harry was glad that they seemed to be on their side because they looked powerful.

Ruby Moon gave a mischievous smile and sauntered over to Harry and wrapped his arm around Harry's neck. Bending down he whispered softly in Harry's ear, "Are you sure you don't recognize me, Harry?" Harry gulped nervously and blushed. He had no idea who the mysterious lady was but her breath was sending tingles up his spine. She was incredibly beautiful in a way similar to the Vilas. Harry shook his head and Ruby Moon laughed. He liked the young magician. He reminded the moon guardian of Touya in some ways, but he was much more shy.

"Let me intoduce everyone to you then." Eriol cut in deciding to save his student from his guardian. As much as he enjoyed watching Ruby Moon tease Harry, he had a feeling that if things weren't explained soon that his relative was about to strangle him.

"The creature standing next to you Harry, is Ruby Moon, my guardian, also known as Nakuru. This black cat over here is my other guardian, Spinal Sun, though Nakuru likes to call him Suppi-chan. Over there, the lion standing next to Sakura-san is Keroberus, Sakura-san guardian. The tall silver-haired man standing next to Sakura is Yue, her other guardian."

"But they look nothing like Nakuru and Suppi!" Ron shouted, stating the obvious and causing Ruby Moon to burst out laughing again.

"Ummm...what was that thing?" Ginny asked timidly.

"Whatever that thing was I think that Eriol should explain it to us later. Right now we seem to have other problems." Hermione said motioning towards the crowd that had gathered to watch.

"Great! This is just what we need." Fred groaned. "Mom is not going to be happy about us getting a warning from the Ministry of Magic about using magic in front of muggles." George nodded in agreement.

"Maybe we can cast a memory charm on all of them." Harry suggested hopefully.

"Ho, ho, ho." Tomoyo laughed as the Hogwarts group turned to look at her curiously and the Cardcaptor's group winced wondering what she had planned to induce that laugh. "Daijoubu. I have an idea. Just play along and everything will be fine without using magic and if not we can always use Sakura-chan's Erase Card to erase everyone's memories."

"Anou...Tomoyo-chan, what do you have in mind?" Sakura asked scared of her best friend's answer. Although she was still rather naive, Sakura knew enough to be worried.

Tomoyo smiled and walked over to the crowd that had gathered outside of the building to watch the magical battle that took place. "Minna-san! Thank-you for attending my fashion show. I hope you enjoyed it and the special performance I arranged to display the agility these designs allow. Now please give a hand to our fashion models and actors."

The group of sorcerors sweatdropped at the ingenious if extremely odd solution to their problem as the crowd began to murmur amoungst themselves. "That was a show? Wow, it seemed so realistic to me." "The special effects of that were awesome." "I wonder if she'll be selling tapes of it." and the comments kept coming as slowly the shock wore off and the people began appluading. Tomoyo stepped away allowing the sorcerors to face the crowd as they appluaded.

Turning to them she smiled sweetly and told them, "Take a bow everyone." The Hogwarts students tooked to Eriol to see him giving them a smile full of mischief as he nodded his head indicating to them they should just comply. Sakura and Syaoran just sighed in defeat. Yue and Spinal Sun remained impassive but took a bow as their masters did, while Keroberus and Ruby Moon were basking in the attention. Tomoyo watched all this with a beatific smile recording it all the while.

After all everything had finally settled down Tomoyo called her bodyguards to come pick them all up in a limo to take them all back to their homes. Yue, Spinal Sun, Ruby Moon, and Keroberous had left earlier, after everyone had filed back in for what remained of the reception after the show. It had been a long and exhausting day and all were glad to be able to get to their beds. Tomoyo dropped off Eriol and the Hogwarts students first and as Eriol was leaving the car, Syaoran grabbed his arm and looked meaningfully at him saying, "I want a full explanation tomorrow." Eriol nodded in compliance as Syaoran glared at him distrustfully.

As the remaining group headed towards Syaoran's apartment to drop him off before taking Sakura home, Tomoyo exclaimed with rapture in her voice, "A new adventure is starting and I can make more costumes for Sakura-chan to wear and of course I'll have to make matching ones for Syaoran-kun, Yue-san, and Kero-chan too. I wonder if the Eriol's students would like costumes as well. But I can finally record Sakura-chan in action again. The costumes are going tyo have to be even better now!" Sakura and Syaoran sweatdropped and choose wisely to remain silent. It wouldn't do well to deprive Tomoyo of her joy in life.

Finally everyone was dropped off and well on their way to their beds all with thoughts of the night's battles wondering what else was to come. Tomoyo meanwhile had some planning to do and got out her pencils and paper and began making sketches of new costumes for her beloved Sakura and her new friends while humming a cheerful tune. All was wonderful with the world.