Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Of Cards and Wands ❯ Not Again! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Of Cards and Wands: Part 4
By: Starlight Rose
Email: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

A.N. Another chapter of this. Yes, I know it took me long enough but with college and everything else including other fanfics, I can't help it. I'm not going to tell you how long before I come out with the next chapter because I don't know. It could be in a few days or in a few months. It just depends on my will to write. Since I've already booked myself for coming out with another chapter of Heart's Treasures within the next two weeks I'm not going to make the same deal, with this story b/c two chapters from two stories is a lot for me, but I will promise to try if I get enough reviews to make it worth my time and effort. I hope you enjoy this since the Digimon cast finally make their appearance.

A.N. I've started a mailing list for the sole purpose of posting my stories before they come out since author alert on fanfiction.net doesn't work unless you are a support service member. If you want to join and get my stories as I come out with them join the list. To find out more about it visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starlight_fanfiction
to subscribe by email send an email to:
starlight_fanfiction-subscribe@yahoogroups.com


A.N.2 This actually relates to the story so READ THIS! The story takes place about a month or so after the Digimon World Tour episodes if you place it in the Digimon timeline. The season 2 digimons are still staying with their partners but there has been nothing new happening in that month and it looked like there was finally a bit of peace again. I'm using the American names for this and the American personalities b/c unfortunately no matter how much I actually tried, I couldn't get my hands on any of the original. It seems really weird for me to do this especially with me using the Japanese names and personalities for CCS, but I can't really help it since I despise Cardcaptors and unless in parody I would never use anything from it. So I chose this time to invoke my author's license to mix versions.

Disclaimer: Digimon belongs to Fox Kids and whoever created it (sorry I don't know the original creator's name), CCS belongs to Clamp, and Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowlings. I make no money off of any of this.

*****************************

Takenouchi Sora sat in front of her television set around midnight waiting on the report of her favorite fashion designer, Daidouji Tomoyo, to start. Her math homework was sprawled out before her as her excuse for staying up. The eleven o'clock news finally ended and the report on the show held earlier that night was about to begin. Putting her pencil down and pushing her math book to the side, Sora eagerly turned her full attention to the screen.

For weeks now, she had been looking forward to this. Months ago Daidouji Tomoyo had announced preparations for a show to introduce what she called her, "masterpiece collection." It was designed to showcase Daidouji's best work to date and Sora had read rumors that the beautiful young fashion designer herself was planning on modeling in the show herself and had gotten the two people that had inspired this particular collection to model in it also. So Sora eagerly waited several months for the show. She had tried to get tickets to it, but they were sold out before she managed to beg her father to buy them for her. Still she could settle for watching the show on TV.

In all honesty Soira was in awe of the young fashion designer. Fashion had become something that she and her fellow digi-destined Tachikawa Mimi had begun to share in the past few years since Mimi had moved to America to become a model. But while Mimi was interested more in wearing the lastest fashions, Sora was more interested in studying them and designing her own. Hence why she admired Daidouji Tomoyo so much. At the young age of fifteen, Daidouji was already reknowned the world over for her beautiful and unique if somewhat extravegant designs. At the age of thirteen Daidouji had started her own fashion line with the financial backing of her mother, Daidouji Sonomi, the president and owner of Daidouji Toys. Despite having help in starting out, there was no doubt about Daidouji's talent as one design after another became an instant hit.

The show started out with Daidouji stepping out onto the stage dressed in a chinese outfit of dark violet escorted by a handsome young man wearing a matching dark blue Chinese robe and a pair of thin wire-rimmed glasses. Next to the stunning couple stood another couple equally photogenic if not more so. A lovely young lady with auburn hair and emerald green eyes stood to the other side of Daidouji wearing a pink Chinese outfit similar to Daidouji's. Escorting her was a handsome young man with unruly chestnut brown hair and amber eyes dressed in a green Chinese robe. Sora had never seen the couple before but she could guess who the two were since Daidouji had mentioned them enough in her interviews. They were Kinomoto Sakura and Li Syaoran, Daidouji's bestfriends and apparently the inspiration for most of the outfits that were being showcased that night. How they were the inspiration, Sora could not guess, but the outfits did seem designed specifically for the group on the stage. The young man escorting Daidouji was also unfamiliar to Sora and she couldn't remember Daidouji ever mentioning him, but Sora wondered if he could have possibly been Daidouji's boyfriend. He was certainly handsome enough to fill the bill.

The show had kicked off and Sora watched with rapt attention as one set of design after another was modeled by comely teenagers most of whom Sora had never seen before and assumed were new to modeling considering how uncomfortable some of them looked. Each design was described to the audience by Daidouji herself and Sora sensed that the presentation contained some inside jokes that no one save the designer and her friends understood. She agreed whole-heartedly with Daidouji for calling this collection her, "masterpiece collection." The designs were absolutely beautiful and stunning. Some ranging from the simple and modest to flamboyant to just sheer elegant. It was a special show indeed especially with the beautiful young designer herself modeling in it along with a host of beautiful young talents that Daidouji must have discovered herself.

The show finally came to an end and Sora found herself methodically taking note of which designs to ask her parents for at her next birthday. She was about to shut off her television and go to bed when a site she thought she would never see again flashed across the TV screen, freezing her in place. A large monster resembling a teddy bear was rampaging through the show had been held in and the announcer's voice could be heard saying, "In a special surprise publicity stunt taking place after the ground breaking fashion show, Daidouji-san hired a team of special effects people to create the monster shown on the screen."

"That's no special effects monster, " Sora mumbled to herself as the monster continued its rampage. "That's a digimon." She watched with surprise as the group of models still in wearing their outfits from the fashion show rushed out to the digimon and fighting it with what appeared to be magic.

"The models acted as the hero's and vanquished the creature in a wonderful showing of pyrotechnics and wirework that allowed them to appear to be casting spells and flying." The announcer continued report. Sora's eyes widened as another group that looked like digimons, but none that she was familiar with though one of them did remind her of Angemon, arrived on the scene and began helping the models. "The group you see arriving to the scene consists of actors in costumes and mechanical creatures designed and created solely for this show." The voice over on the TV explained. Whoever the new group were, Sora could tell that they looked a bit too real to be just actors in costume and mechanical robots. The battle finally ended when Kinomoto seemed to recite a spell that enveloped the digimon in light. When the light disappeared, the digimon was gone. Sora hoped back to the digital world.

The group on the television looked relieved that the digimon was gone and the onlookers that were around the cameraman looked confused. Daidouji stepped forewards then, and explained how what the audience just saw was a special publicity stunt designed to show off the mobility that the outfits still allowed. The onlookers burst into thunderous applause after a moment of slience. Daidouji beckoned to the models standing nervously behind her and they all took a bow. Whatever had just happened and whoever those people were, Sora did not know, but she was absolutely certain they were not normal actors and models, nor was what she just saw just a publicity stunt. Though the one question that seemed to remain on Sora's mind now was why Daidouji who seemed to know what was going on covering it up? As the credits began to roll, Sora shook off her paralysis and headed for the phone. She dialed the numjber of the one person she was sure would be able to handle the situation.

*************************

The phone at the Kamiya residence rang once, twice, thrice before a groggy Kamiya, Tai, Taichi finally picked up. "Kamiya residence," Tai sleepily said into the reciever, hoping that it was a wrong number so that he could go back to bed, but at the same time pretty sure that if it was a wrong number he'd end up cursing the person. His hopes were dashed however when he heard the voice on the otherline.

"Hey Tai? It's Sora."

"Hey Sora, what are you doing calling at this time of night? It's..." Tai said glancing at the clock and getting more annoyed as he finished, "nearly one in the morning."

"Sorry to call you so late, but it's important." Sora replied.

""What is it? Did you and Matt have another fight?" Tai asked with annoyance creeping into his voice as his bed beckoned more and more to him. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait till morning."

"Tai! Listen, I'm sorry for calling you so late at night, but it really is important! It's not Matt! It's a digimon. They're back. I just saw WaruMonzaemon taking a nice nightly stroll through the Tomoeda district." Sora retorted.

That woke Tai up as he stuttered, "A di...di...digimon?!? How can that be? I thought we took care of that already! I mean at least last time we thought this was over with we had about three years rest. It's hardly been a few weeks!"

"Well apparently this round is not over since I just spotted WaruMonzaemon rampaging through a fashion show on TV. Though the thing that puzzles me is that the designer Daidouji Tomoyo, didn't seem surprised by it. She tried to cover it up by saying it was a publicity stunt."

"Are you sure it's not a publicity stunt? I mean couldn't she have copied the digimon's monster's design from the recent events?" Tai asked hopefully.

"It could be but I don't think it was a stunt. Actually I'm pretty sure it wasn't a stunt, though it looked like one."

"What do you mean?" Tai asked as confusion and fatigue was starting to get to him. "Look Sora. It's late and I'm tired so could you please explain everything clearly?"

"okay, I was staying up late to watch a taping of a fashion show that took place earlier tonight. The show went normally enough until after it ended and they began covering the people's reactions to the show at the post-show party. That's when WaruMonzarmon attacked and the models minus Daidouji-san herself ran out and began to fight it. Daidouji-san seemed to be videotapping it. The oddest thing though was that they seemed to be using magic to attack it and to fly to get close enough to attack it. It was just them, no digimons against an ultimate level digimon. Well at least I don't think they had any digimons. A group that looked sort of like dogimons joined them later to help them fight, but they aren't like any digimon's I've seen before. They finally beat it or sent it back to the digital world, which I'm not sure. Afterwards Daidouji-san explained it was a publicity stunt and you know how willing people are to believe but the truth if the truth seems too farfetched."

"Well how do you know that Daidouji person wasn't just making it up?"

"The models looked completely confused as to what she was doing and very nervous about the attention. They seemed to be just playing along."

"Okay since you're so sure this was for real, where did you say it happened?" Tai asked getting down to business.

"I think in Tomoeda, or at least that's where Daidouji-san lives and I know she holds most of her shows there."

"Tomoeda, huh? I think that's close to where Ken livesw. Isn't there some big park there? King Panda Park?" Tai asked already making plans.

"King Penguin Park." Sora corrected.

"Yeah. That's it! Look how about we meet up there afterschool tomorrow afternoon. You get Matt there even if you have to tie him up and drag him. I'll get Izzy and Joe and tell Kari to round up the rest of the kids. You're going to have to tell them about this."

"Actually I can show them. I taped the show. Is there anyplace I can show the tape?" Sora asked not really wanting to try and convince anyone else about it.

"I'll talk to Izzy and see what he can do. If he has nothing we could always see if Ken's parents wouldn't mind a large pack of teenagers invading their home and letting us watch the tape there."

"Alright I'll bring the tape with me tomorrow and drag Matt away from any band practice he might have."

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow." Tai said hanging up the phone with a worried frown on his face. He was not sure how the others would react to the news of another adventure. Whatever was to come though had to wait until morning, Tai decided as he headed to bed.

*******************

The next morning Tai awoke rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as his mother popped her head into his room. "Tai, if you don't get up right now, you're going to be late for school." She told him. Tai just nodded to her as he made his way into the bathroom trying to figure out why he was so tired. As he started brushing his teeth, he started to remember waking up in the middle of the night to a phone call from Sora. 'What was it that that girl wanted?' Tai thought to himself. Then realization hit him. She called because she saw a digimon on TV. Spitting the toothpaste out of his mouth and quickly rinsing, Tai ran down the hall nearly knocking his mother down as he passed her heading to Kari's room.

"Kari!" Tai shouted as he charged into his sister's room.

Kamiya, Kari, Hikari looked up from packing up her school books at her brother with surprise. "Tai! Don't burst into my room like that without knocking first! What if I was changing?" Kari yelled at her older brother.

"Sorry." Tai replied automatically before shaking his head and saying, "That's not important right now. Do you think you could gather all of the new kids and have them meet us at King Penguin Park in the Tomoeda district? It's close to Ken's place. Be sure to tell him about this too. We might need to go over to his house to watch some tape Sora has."

"Uh...sure. But why do you need us to meet you there?" Kari asked curiously.

"Sora called me yesterday night saying that she saw a digimon rampaging through that district yesterday night. I'd be better if she explains it to everyone so make sure you get everyone there. This could be important." Tai told her.

Kari nodded her head in understanding as she watched her brother leave to get dressed. she sat slumped down on her bed and sighed tiredly. When nothing had happened after several weeks, Kari had hoped that everything had gone quiet again and that there would be no more need for her and the others to fight, but she was apparently wrong. Gatomon walked over to Kari and looked worriedly at her partner. "What's wrong Kari?" Gatomon asked.

"Nothing." Kari replied, "It's just that I thought we were done fighting for now. That we wouldn't have anymore of it for a while and that you wouldn't get hurt fighting and protecting me anymore. But it's only been a few weeks and already digimons are back and causing problems here again, and you have to fight again."

"I'll be alright Kari. If I don't fight I can't help you." Gatomon said hugging her friend.

"I know. I believe in you. Lets get to school. I won't have time to drop by home to pick you up if we need to meet in Tomodea." Kari said picking up her bag and Gatoman leaped out of the window using the rooftops to get to Kari's school.

*************************

That afternoon all the digi-destined and their digimon met in front of King Penguin Park as had been arranged. They walked into the park and Tai heaved a large duffle bag onto one of the picnic tables where the twelve kids were gathered. Glaring balefully at Izumi, Izzy, Koushirou, Tai heaved an exaggerated breath before ranting, "Geez! Did you pack enough stuff in there? I thought I was carrying the high school's entire A/V lab with me!"

Izzy choose to ignore his leader's ranting and instead began unpacking the bag as the rest of the digi-destined and the digimons watched curiously. "Anou...Izzy?" Ishida, Matt, Yamato ventured to ask the young electronics wiz. "What is all this stuff for?"

Without glancing up from where he was connecting several wires to his laptop computer Izzy answered Matt, "Well Tai came to me today asking if I knew a way that would allow Sora to show us a tape here in the park so we don't all have to barge into Ken's apartment unexpectantly to watch the tape of that digimon rampage last night. And this is the best way I could think of. All it is, is that I'm hooking this VCR up to my laptop like it was a TV so that we can play the tape on the VCR, thank God for batteries, and watch it through the screen on my laptop."

"Need any help?" Inoue Yolei asked looking at the mass of wires and electronics spread on the table.

"Yeah," Izzy replied, "Could you hook up those speakers to my laptop while I connect these to the VCR and then we're ready to go."

A minute later Yolie happily cried out, "Done!"

"Prodigious! We're all set then." Izzy exclaimed then looking at Sora asked, "The tape?"

Sora extracted tha tape from her school bag and told him, "I already put to the part right before WaruMonzarmon attacked." Izzy nodded and put the tape in the VCR and began playing it. Turning to the digi-destined and digimons who were all watching the computer screen intently Sora started explaining, "I was watching this fashiobn show that was held here in Tomoeda last night. Then after the show ended WaruMonzarmon showed up and started rampaging through that area and the models from the fashion show ran out and fought him. The announcer explained that this was just a publicity stunt arranged by the fashion designer, but it looked too real to me to just be merely robotics and pyrotechniks at work."

The group of kids watched the tape until the credits started to role and then with wide unblinking eyes stared solemnly at one another knowing in their gut that, Sora was correct. Finally Patamon choose to break the silence engulfing the group by stating what they all knew, "That looked like the real thing to me."

"So what do we do now?" Takaishi, TK, Takaru asked looking at the group. Like Kari Tk had hoped that all of that was over with. He had hoped they wouldn't have to deal with anymore evil digimons that could cause him to lose Patamon.

"Well, isn't it obvious!" Motomiya Davis shouted, "We find out what's going on and why all another digimon has appeared and if anymore appeaer we kick their butts back to the digital world."

"I don't think it'll be that easy." Ichijouji Ken said quietly, "For starters we don't even know what's going on. I mean why did it appear here in Tomoeda first. This place has had reports of unusual happenings, but I can't rememner it ever having problems with digimon. I looked over the past incidences with digimon appearing in this world, and in all those cases, the digimon have appeared in areas that they have appeared in before like Highton View Terrace which was probably the first true gate to the digital world."

"I think Ken has a good point." Kido Joe said, "Also who were those kids? The stuff they were doing looked weird...it almost looked like..."

"Magic?" Hida Cody suggested.

"Well...yes, but magic just seems so unbelievable." Joe continued.

"Considering digimons and all the things we've seen, I'm surprised anything can still be unbelievable. If digimons exist why can't magic." Sora replied.

As the conversation about the existence of magic continued Ken saw a group entering the park. His strained his eyes to see them more clearly because the group looked suspiciously like the kids in the video. The group started walking right by them and as they passed a boy with black hair wearing a pair of wire-rimmed glasses looked straight at Ken and gave him a mysterious knowing smile. Ken blinked in shock and hissed to the group interuppting Joe who was arguing that magic went against all logic, "Look at that group of kids over there."

"Huh? Where?" Davis asked before turning to look in the direction that Ken pointed. Then after he had taken a look at the group said, "Wow! Those girls are pretty! But I don't see why you wanted us to look at them."

"That's Daidouji Tomoyo and those were the models from yesterday's fashion show!" Sora exclaimed as recognition set in.

"Lets follow them and see what their up to or what they're talking about!" Tai suggested and the rest just nodded their heads and tried to discreetly keep their eyes out to see where the group was headed while Izzy packed up the electronics stuff and hastily stuffed it into the duffle bag. Once the stuff was packed and they felt they were a good enough distance away not to attract the group's attention, they followed them.

The group of unknown kids walked over to a large clearing beneath a cherry tree and spread out a picnic basket and sat down. The digi-destined and the digimons gathered around the clearing hiding behind a few of the trees and bushes straining their ears to hear what was being said.

After the group was settled in a biy with unruly brown hair started by asking, "What the heck was that thing we fought last night!"

"That my cute relative, was a digimon."