Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Emotions ❯ Shock ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mixed Emotions

Disclaimer: I don't own anything I didn't make up…

words- thoughts,(words)- setting

Chapter 4

(Around 1 o'clock; up a steep hill on the left side of the road where there are many flower shops.)

Hey bro... what did you write on that paper?" Naru asked as both of them walked up a steep hill, passing several flower shops. "Huh? Oh... um... I'll tell you later..." Heero replied as he stopped in front of an old, 1-story house painted in white and peach and has a big sign posted on front of the gate, "What's this?!" Naru gasped, reading the sign aloud, "For Demolition?! `Soon to open, Golden Dragon Restaurant?!' What The heck..." "I can't believe this?!" Heero exclaimed, "They didn't even consult us on this matter!!!" "So what?! They can't take our house!!!" Naru exclaimed as an old, bald-headed guy behind her answered, "But I can... It says so in your father's will..." "B-but..." Naru said, "Why didn't he just give it to us?!" "Well... let's just say, he had a big debt with me..." the bald-headed guys said, laughing out loud as he left their side.

Naru followed the guy with her eyes, her mouth open. Heero looked at Naru then at the house in front of them. "Our house..." Heero thought.

Heero suddenly started to walk away from the house. Naru looked at her brother, quite flabbergasted as she ran after him. "Where the heck are you going?!" Naru exclaimed, trying to keep up with her brother. "Back to the Inn..." Heero replied, making his strides larger. "Why are you going back?! We can't just give up on our house?!" Naru exclaimed, pulling her brother's hand. "Listen... I don't want to jump to conclusions, okay?!" Heero said, removing Naru's grip on his arm, "I'm not like you..." "..."

The twins called a taxi, bringing them back to the Inn.

(Around 2:00; Hinata Inn)

As they arrived, Heero immediately went over the phone just outside the door the kitchen. He called their aunt and waited for the phone to be answered.

"Hello?"

"Auntie? This is Heero....."

"Heero-sama? What wrong with you?! Don't you know what time it is here?!"

"Er... Sorry Auntie.... but I need to ask something..."

"Can't you ask that later? You're disturbing me..."

"No! It's important... why didn't you tell us about our house?"

"What house?"

"Our HOUSE!!!"

"Which one? The one your father built?"

"Yes!!! Why was it sold without our consent? It was still our house after all!"

"Oh dear... that's out of our hands..."

"What?! What are you talking about?! How come?!"

"Your father sold it because of all his debts… then he… he made that inn of yours... its in his will, we can't reverse it..."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm really sorry, Heero-sama... I didn't want you to worry…"

"So what?! You didn't make us worry by not telling about this?!"

"I… I didn't want to hurt you… I… You… You were little then… and… and…"

"Save your breath Auntie…bye…"

"Wait! Heero-san! I- [Heero slams the receiver. BEEP! BEEP!] Heero?!"

Heero looked at the phone angrily, trying to fight back tears. "What's with these tears?!" Heero thought angrily. Heero brushes his tears away with his sleeves.

"Hey Heero…" Naru called, coming down the stairs. "Oh… hey…" Heero said, trying to smile at her, "You changed your clothes…" "Yeah… well…" Naru said, softly.

She now wore tight black jeans and a plan navy blue shirt with short sleeves. Her dark brown hair was now braided and her olive green eyes were now looking at Heero with a worried look.

"Well? What did Aunt Haruka say?" Naru asked softly as she walked towards Heero and held his hand tightly. "I don't care about what she said!" Heero snapped as he slaps Naru's hand away and runs up the stairs), "She's a worthless git!" "Heero!"

(Heero's Room)

Heero slams the door behind him as he entered his room. He removes his black, long-sleeved shirt and changed into his navy blue, short sleeved shirt. He removed his black Reebok shoes and lied down on his bed. He closed his eyes for a minute when there came a knock at the door.

"Heero?" Naru said quietly, knocking on Heero's door. "What do you want?!" Heero asked aloud stopping Naru from knocking the door again. "Hey… I know you're bummed about this and…" Naru said slowly as Heero snapped back "Go away!" "I'm gonna hit this guy…"

"Hey you stupid, dumb, jerk! What the heck is wrong with you! You're the one who told me that this is our home now!!!" Naru yelled, "You're the one who keeps on saying to me that we mustn't jump to conclusions! You're the one who said-"

All of a sudden, the door opened. "Alright, you don't have to yell at me yah know…" Heero said softly, stepping out of the room. Smiling weakly, he patted her on the head and said, "C'mon, we need some food in this joint…"

He went back in his room, wore his shoes and went down the stairs, passing the stunned Naru. Suddenly, she screamed, running down the stairs, "I am NOT a dog!!! Don't ever pat me like a dog again, or I'll kill yah!!!" Heero

then laughs out loud. "Come on! It's almost suppertime yah know!" Heero exclaimed as he checked his watch. "Let's go then!" Naru snapped, dragging Heero out of the Inn.

Heero and Naru walked side by side towards the mall. They headed for the supermarket, stopping occasionally so Naru could go window-shopping. When they reached the supermarket, they split up. Heero bought some meat, vegetables, fruits, water, cleaning materials and some toiletries. Naru, on the other hand, bought some snacks, mainly chips, cookies, cakes, cupcakes and chocolate bars, and some school material. When they were done shopping, they both met at the counter.

"Wait a minute? What is that?" Heero asked sternly, rummaging around Naru's grocery basket, "You're not going to buy all that junk food?" "Of course I will! I`m gonna get sick if I don't get to eat anything sweet once in a while!" Naru argued. "Hmph… Fine… I'll let you go this time!" Heero said sternly at his sister, "But it won't happen again, yah hear me?" "Yeh, yeh, sure… whatever…" Naru sighed as the lady behind the counter suddenly asked if they were going to pay in cash or with a card.

(Around 5:00 pm; Hinata Inn)

As soon as the twins arrived home, they started putting their food in the cupboards and the refrigerator. After that, they set out cleaning the dusty Inn as well as explore it. By the time they were done cleaning the whole Inn, Heero started to cook their dinner while Naru looked for some dishes, glasses and utensils in the things that they brought back with them. As soon as the food was ready and the table was set, the twins sat down and ate.

"Oishi!!!This ramen is good…your cooking is getting better, Oni-chan" Naru said, gobbling up her ramen. "Don't talk with your mouth full, Baka..." Heero sighed, as he finished his ramen in silence. "So, what are we going to do now?" Naru asked, bringing her dishes to the kitchen. "What else? Clean up the whole house of course…" Heero said, getting his dishes and following Naru in the kitchen. "Nani?! Nande???" Naru cried, stomping her feet, "Hmph… this is all Otou-san's fault…" "Urusai! Hito bashi to gameru na! Besides, what has Otou-san got to do with cleaning the house?!" Heero exclaimed angrily, bumping his elbow into a case of silverware and letting it spill all over the floor. "This is an Inn, not a house!!! And we still would have had a house if he hadn't sold it, yah know! We wouldn't be living here in the first place if he didn't sell our house!!!" Naru exclaimed who was now crying on the floor, "Otou-san…Okaa-san… They would still be here if they didn't make this Inn in the first place!!!"

Heero stopped in surprise. He stood there silently, watching Naru cry on her knees. He sighed as he knelt down beside Naru and hugged her.

"Hey… gomenasai…demo…Hito bashi to gameru na…" Heero softly said, hugging Naru tightly, "It wasn't their fault they died too now… is it?" "Iie…" Naru said softly, wiping her tears, "Demo..." "Hey! Why is it we're like this on our first day?!" Heero said, smirking, "WE better make the best of it, right Naru?" "Naru?" Heero said as he found her, sleeping in his arms, "Great…"

Heero carried Naru up the stairs and laid her on her bed `Jeeze… Naru's heavy…'. When he left her room, he wandered around the Inn. He found 10 bedrooms in the 1st floor and 5 bedrooms, counting his and Naru's rooms, on the 2nd floor. He found 3 washrooms in the 2nd floor, 1 washroom in the 1st floor and a big bathhouse separated by a bamboo border in the middle. He the found 2 closets beside the bathhouse. The bigger closet was filled with small bottles of shampoo, pieces of small soap, a number of fluffy blankets and towels, a couple of pocket-size toothbrushes and toothpaste and a pile of pillows & pillow cases. The smaller closet had a small pail, a broom, a mop, a vacuum cleaner, a feather duster, a small bucket and a small number of wiping cloths.

"Well… I guess I better start with this…" Heero said, sighing as he got the mop and the bucket from the closet. He then headed for a washroom and saw that it had 2 doors; one leading to the girl's washroom and the other to the boys'. He then entered the boys' washroom and filled up his bucket with water. After that he brought the bucket into the kitchen and started to mop the floors.

Next Chapter...

Could you please give me a review????? Please????!!!!! Thank you!!!!!