Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Shinomegami ❯ Miaka's Confession, Hotohori's Decision ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Miaka frowned. She was standing in the crowd, watching Nuriko and Tamahome trying to sell her gum, saying it was 'a precious item from the Miko's world'. Frowning, she made a mental point that Nuriko was practically hanging off of Tamahome and he didn't seem to mind. Gritting her teeth, she regally adjusted her cloak. 'And after what he told me...I guess all he said were just lies!...He really loved her...' Miaka sighed sadly, tears filling her eyes.

She looked up again, and realized the crowd were screaming at Tamahome for proof that the gum was really from her world. She saw Tamahome protest that it truly was, and he gave an outrageous price for them.

Sighing, she clutched the front of her cloak. 'This is the last time I'm helping you get money, Tamahome...' she thought and she threw off her cloak.

"What that man says is true! The gum is from my world! I am the Suzaku no Miko, Yuuki Miaka!" she shouted, and all attention was drawn to her.

Silence.

Suddenly, Tamahome leapt off the steps and landed before Miaka as if to protect her. Miaka felt a wave of happiness. But her smile dropped as she heard what he said next.

"Anyone want her autograph, line up here! Ten gold pieces for one!"

"Who made you my agent?"

Suddenly, the crowd ambushed them, crowding around them until she could hardly breath. She tried to struggle, but she could hardly move. Finally, she was able to crawl out from the crowd, pulling Tamahome out as well and made a run for it.

Finally, they reached an alleyway and slipped in, both panting as Miaka leaned against the wall to stop her beating heart. Tamahome turned to her with a confused expression on his face.

"Why'd you help me? You know I was taking advantage of your 'gum' from your world to earn some good money", Tamahome pointed out.

Miaka then remembered and turned away from him coldly, glaring at the floor. She kept quiet until she finally felt the need to speak. "You were lying, weren't you?"

"Lying? About what?"

"Everything you told me about Nuriko...You were lying..." Miaka accused, eyes flashing as she glared at the ground, blinking back tears of pain.

"And what gave you that idea?" Tamahome asked, genuinely puzzled.

"Nuriko was hanging all over you back there!" Miaka said, looking up, shocked that Tamahome didn't realize.

"Oh...that! Che, she was just helping me sell your gum", Tamahome muttered, before glancing at Miaka's face, and bursting into laughter. "You are! You are jealous!"

"I'm not!" Miaka protested, frowning at Tamahome's childish behavior. She pouted.

"Fine, whatever. Let's get you back to the palace, or else the emperor will murder me. COnsidering he cares ever so much about you..." Tamahome said that part sarcastically as he turned around and began walking off. Miaka hurried to catch up.

Suddenly, the sky opened and a torrent of rain began to fall. Miaka sneezed in surprise as she stopped to rub her nose. She then looked up, ignoring the rain, and ran after Tamahome.

"What do you mean by that - ITAI! LET ME GO!"

Tamahome whirled around and stared. Miaka was being gripped tightly by her arm by a huge bulky man, followed by others. He clearly recognized the people he had beaten up when he and Miaka had met again in the city.

"So, this is the Suzaku no Miko. I'll buy her for twenty gold pieces", the man offered, grinning sickeningly at Miaka. She felt the need to throw up. Instead, she looked up pleadingly at Tamahome. He seemed to be deep in thought.

"No, at least fifty gold pieces. This is the Suzaku no Miko", he bargained.

Miaka widened her eyes in shock. "TAMAHOME!"

An outraged look was on the man's face as he heard Tamahome's price. "No way! Why don't I just keep her then? She seems pretty enough, a bit young, but cute enough to keep my bed warm tonight", the man suddenly grinned and eyed Miaka's body, before wrenching her arm behind her.

Miaka let out a cry of hysterical pain.

"Let her go!" Tamahome suddenly shouted and flew into a rage. He leapt into the group and proceeded to beat the living crap out of them. A well placed punch was enough to bring one man down. It took less then a minute to take out all of them.

But the one holding Miaka suddenly held a knife to her neck. "Take one step closer and she's history!" the man growled angrily.

Tamahome hesitated. His eyes glanced around him, trying to find a way past this threat. His mind raced with worries. 'If I attack, Miaka's worst then dead. If I don't attack...I don't even want to think about it...'

Miaka noticed Tamahome's inner turmoil. 'Does he care? Does he even care what happens to me?' Biting her lip, Miaka winced in pain as the knife was pressed deeper into her neck.

'...I won't let anyone get hurt because of me...I have no right to control them to protect me all the time...', she thought resolutely and suddenly she jabbed her elbow sharply into the man's stomach. As quick as she can, she ducked under the knife as he swung it and fell to her knees. Desperately, she crawled away to a safe distance, as she huddled by the brick wall.

Seeing Miaka giving him a chance, he leapt into action. With a punch and a roundhouse kick, the man was knocked back, his head crashed into the wall and fell into unconsciousness.

Tamahome then turned furious eyes onto Miaka. "You could've gotten killed! Are you nuts? If you're dead, who'll save Konan?" Tamahome blurted out, but he immediately regretted his words as Miaka lifted her head, looking at him with tear-filled eyes.

She unsteadily stood up, the rain drenching her hair and cloths. "I don't want any of you to get hurt! I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me! Stop risking your life for me!" Miaka cried, balancing herself by gripping the wall tightly. Her eyes were beginning to blur. She was getting weaker and weaker. She sneezed through her tears.

"Why would you care? You're the Suzaku no Miko, we have too. It's not your decision", Tamahome said, finally getting his control back. He remembered when he had seem Hotohori kiss her and that seemed to make him even more angry, more jealous. And he needed to lash out at something. It just so happened to be the subject of his jealously and anger. And one that definitely did not deserve his yelling.

"I...But...Nobody should try to save someone by putting their life on the line!" Miaka sobbed, as her left hand held her head. Now she was getting a headache. She felt a like a total mess.

"Why would you care?"

"Because...because...I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!" Miaka finally burst forward, before she widened her eyes. She placed her left hand over her mouth in shock. What did she just say?

Tamahome stared at her, before turning around and answering coldly, "I have no such feelings for you".

Suddenly, Miaka let go of the wall and collapsed. She finally fell, too tired from the rain, from the cold, from the emotional revelations she was having right now.

Tamahome quickly turned around as he heard something fall. He widened his eyes to see his Miko fall to the ground in unconsciousness. "MIAKA!"

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Hiding behind the brick wall, Nuriko blinked as Miaka fell. 'Wow...Miaka's stronger then I thought. She actually told Tamahome she loved him...I guess Hotohori's free for me then!' she thought gleefully. Turning around, she scurried back to the palace to await Tamahome and Miaka's return.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

"Is she all right?" Hotohori asked the healer who had just felt Miaka's pulse. Usagi placed Miaka's hand back under the heavy blanket and stood up by her bed.

"She caught a cold and it has developed into a fever. But it is a mild one, still...she is more fragile then she seems. She should be all right in a few days, but I'm not sure when she'll wake up. It seems that her physical health is fine...I'm not sure about her mental health though. She seems to have gone through a major shock. She refuses to awaken", the healer said, gathering his supplies.

"Who will be taking care of the Suzaku no Miko, your Majesty?" the healer asked.

"I will", Usagi spoke up. "I am familiar with taking care of someone when they are ill. Besides, I know Lady Miaka rather well and can stay by her side. She will not be as surprised when she reawakens if she seems someone familiar".

Hotohori nodded.

The healer placed a few bags of medicine on the table inside the room. "Pound these medicinal roots to powder and boil it in hot water for two hours. Then give it to the Miko every four hours. She'll get better in no time".

Usagi nodded and escorted the healer out. She then made her way back to the edge of the bed. Nuriko and Tamahome was also in the room. Tamahome looked hopelessly worried and Nuriko was just frowning.

"So you two were attacked and you managed to throw them off, but it was raining and Miaka caught a fever. She collapsed", Hotohori dictated back to Tamahome, a disapproving frown on his face.

Tamahome nodded, then looked at Miaka's pale face. She was breathing heavily and her face was contorted with nightmares only she could see.

Usagi laid her small hand on Miaka's forehead, and she immediately calmed down. She slept peacefully, a small smile gracing her lips.

With a gasp of surprise, Usagi immediately took her hand away and held it with her other hand, frowning as she blinked at Miaka's peaceful face. 'Is this what she mean by being her big sister...She calmed down right after I touched her...' Usagi then smiled. 'Miaka-imouto...'

Nuriko frowned, slightly glancing at Usagi. He had seen the way Miaka had immediately calmed down just with Usagi's touch. 'What relationship do you have with Miaka, Yuu Yetou?' He then narrowed his eyes. 'Or should I say 'Usagi?'

Usagi quickly looked up and caught Nuriko's eyes, before she narrowed her own and glared right back at him. Nuriko was a bit takenback. A maid like her wouldn't dare glare at a lady from the harem openly in public.

Picking up the medicine, Usagi quickly excused herself and went to boil it, to make sure it was ready for Miaka when she woke up. Catching Hotohori's eye, Hotohori gave her a relieved smile and Usagi quickly returned it before leaving the room. Hotohori couldn't discuss what to do with a maid in the room. He wasn't taking any chances.

Suddenly, Miaka started thrashing again, as soon as Usagi exited the room. "Kaachan! Aniki!" she screamed, her arms whipping around, grasping thin air.

Hotohori frowned sadly at Miaka's mental torture and came to a decision. "She misses her home...We must bring her back to her own world...Or else she will die..." Hotohori whispered softly, sighing.

Tamahome glanced up abruptly to his majesty, eyes wide with shock. "Send...Miaka...back to...her own world?" he stammered, his eyes suddenly filled with an emotion many people would call fear.

"But how? We don't even know how Miaka got sent to our world in the first place!" Nuriko pointed out, suddenly speaking up. He hadn't spoken a word since Miaka had been brought back to the palace by Tamahome.

"...Remember the scroll that was given to all the emperors of the four countries? It was given by a person named Taiitsukun. Maybe he will be able to sent our Miko back...And hopefully, Miaka will get better", Hotohori explained.

"But where is this Taiitsukun, your Majesty?" Nuriko asked curiously.

"It was passed down that Taiitsukun, ruler of this world, resides in Mt. Taikyoku...Legend says the mountain is in the center of all four countries. We shall set out as soon as Miaka is well enough", Hotohori commanded. It hurt in his heart to do this, to let Miaka escape from his life as soon as she had entered it. She was like a bright ray of sunshine shining down on his dark gloomy life. But now...a cloud was slowly covering the sun, preventing the sun to shine ever again.

He had to get rid of that cloud.

"Let's just hope it helps Miaka..."

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Miaka opened her eyes. She had a pounding headache. Wincing, she sat up, clutching her head. "Itaaaai..." she murmured, sighing in pain as she rubbed her head in circles, trying to soothe the pain.

"Lady Miaka! You've finally awaken!" Usagi literally bounced over to the side of the bed in excitement and felt Miaka's forehead. "Good, your fever's down".

Miaka touched her own forehead and blinked. It was burning hot, and Usagi said her fever was 'down'? Just how ill had she been?

"How long have I been asleep, Usagi-niichan?" she asked curiously.

Usagi glanced over at her as she poured the medicine into a bowl. "...I think around two days..."

Miaka shot up, eyes wide with shock. "TWO DAYS? Oh no! We've wasted so much time...We were supposed to use those two days searching for the Suzaku shichiseishi..."

Usagi smiled. Yup, Miaka was back to normal. But her smile slipped from her face as she studied Miaka's rapid breathing, her pale face, the thin layer of sweat, her wide eyes.

"Here, Miaka. Drink this. It'll make you feel better", Usagi said, as Miaka accepted the bowl.

Raising amazed eyes at Usagi, she slowly tipped the bowl to her lips. "You just called me Miaka, Usagi-niichan", Miaka said as she drank a sip of the medicine. She immediately made a face and glared at it.

"Oh...I'll call you Lady Miaka again, if you want me too", Usagi said quickly, as she moved one of the chairs by Miaka's bed and sat down.

Miaka shook her head, looking up and smiled. "It's alright. Call me Miaka. I hate people thinking I'm really important or something. I'm just Yuuki Miaka", she said.

Usagi smiled and nodded. Then she glanced at the medicine. "What's wrong, Miaka? Is it too bitter?"

Miaka nodded miserably.

"I'm sorry, but his Majesty said you had to drink it. It'll make you feel better", Usagi informed her, an amused smile on her face.

"But...it tastes bad! Yuck!" Miaka frowned, shaking her head defiantly.

"I"ll tell you what's been happening if you drink the medicine", Usagi bribed. Suddenly, she sat back, eyes a bit wide. She was acting like a child. She felt completely different. 'I'm Shinomegami Serenity and...I'm actually bribing a petty mortal?' She smiled wryly. 'I see this world seems to have this affect on people...'

Miaka pondered a bit. Then she smiled. "Hai!" she said before tiping the bowl to her lips again.

"Well...Not much have been happening...But I did hear that...Excuse me for eavesdropping or overhearing, but I heard from others that His Majesty might be considering sending you back to your world so you can get better. We can all see you miss your home very much, Miaka", Usagi answered.

Miaka quickly finished her medicine so that she could speak, but she grimaced as she swallowed and handed the bowl back to Usagi. "NANI?...Hotohori's doing WHAT?"

Usagi calmly placed the bowl back on the tray on the table and sat back onto her seat. "He says they are going to see Taiitsukun and see if he can send you back to your world. He knows you're feeling extremely homesick, Miaka. He really cares about you..."

She sighed. "I know, Usagi-niichan...But...Tamahome...he...." Miaka's mind drifted back to when she had...told Tamahome she was in love with him...

Frowning sadly, Usagi stood up. "Don't think about sad things. Think about your family and friends, that you're going home soon. I'll call his Majesty, Suzaku shichiseishi Tamahome, and Lady Kourin into the room. But promise me one thing, Miaka".

"Nande?" Miaka looked up at her adopted older sister.

"Come back when you have been to your world long enough. Konan needs your help. Please come back to us after you are well enough", Usagi said resolutely.

Miaka smiled, and nodded. "I promise, Usagi-niichan. Not even a slice of pizza or a cheeseburger can pull me away!"

Usagi blinked. "Pizza? Cheeseburger?...Alright then, I'll call your friends to tell them you have awaken. Wait here, Miaka", she said and slipped out of the room quickly.

"Arigatou, Usagi-niichan..." Miaka murmured.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

"Lady Kourin?"

Nuriko looked up to see Usagi hurrying into the throne room, where Tamahome, himself, and Hotohori were discussing the plans for the journey to see Taiitsukun.

"Lady Miaka has awaken and asks to know what has been going on lately", Usagi hinted lightly.

"Thank-you, Yuu Yetou. We'll be there shortly", Hotohori said.

Usagi bowed and stepped out of the throne room, heading back to Miaka's room.

"Is Miaka going to agree to this?" Nuriko suddenly spoke up, with narrowed eyes.

Both Tamahome and Hotohori glanced at him as if he was crazy.

"We're doing this for Miaka. Besides, you saw her. She was shouting for people from her home in her sleep. She must really miss them", Hotohori commented and he sighed.

"C'mon, Miaka's awake. Let's go see her", Tamahome said and all three of them made their way towards Miaka's room.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Miaka stared at the people that had just entered her room. They looked like a tornado was about to strike and they had no way of evacuating.

"Miaka...we have decided to help you send you back to your world. You miss them, don't you?" Hotohori spoke up first, frowning as he did so.

"Hai...But what about Konan?...I agreed to become the Suzaku no Miko! I'm not going against my word!...Even if I miss my home, my world..." Miaka sighed, wrapping her arms around herself.

"But you can come back to our world once you are better, can't you?" Nuriko asked, eyes narrowed slightly in suspicion.

"Ah..." Miaka sweatdropped at the glares she was receiving from Nuriko and Tamahome, who dared her to not return after she was well. "Hai, hai!"

"Wonderful. Then we shall set out as soon as you are well enough, Miaka", Hotohori informed them.

Suddenly, the current situation finally clicked in Miaka's mind. She nearly jumped out of bed in excitement. "YATTA! I'm going home!"

"You have to get well first", Nuriko muttered.

"Don't worry, Nuriko. I'll come back as soon as I'm well. You won't even miss me!" Miaka smiled sweetly at the crossdresser (not that she knew that yet).

At the back of the room, Usagi smiled. Miaka caught her eye, and Miaka grinned wickedly.

"On one condition", Miaka suddenly spoke up.

"One condition?" Hotohori asked.

"And what exactly do you want?" Nuriko said sarcastically.

"Usagi-niichan has to come with us to see Taiitsukun!"

"WHAT?"

"Who's Usagi-niichan?" Hotohori asked, geniunely puzzled.

"It's Yuu Yetou, your Majesty", Nuriko said, gesturing at the maid.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Miaka? Yuu Yetou is just a maid, she might not be able to defend herself", Hotohori exclaimed, frowning.

"Oh, don't worry! I'm sure we won't be attacked or anything on the way. Besides, she and Nuriko can keep me company! I'll need some girl companions to talk to anyway", Miaka chirped cheerfully.

Nuriko gulped. 'If anyone finds out I'm male...I'm in so much trouble...'

"If Yuu Yetou thinks she can manage", Hotohori glanced at the blonde.

"I'll do just fine. Don't worry about me, my life is in the hands of Suzaku no Miko", Usagi said resolutely and said it so seriously that everyone stared at her.

Miaka broke out of her shock. "Don't say that, Usagi-niichan. But it's settled! We set out tomorrow!"

"TOMORROW?"

"Are you sure you'd be fine by tomorrow, Miaka?" Tamahome asked, couldn't help an expression of worry pass over his face.

Miaka glanced at him and seemed to study his face, before her eyes filled with unshed tears and stared at her hands. "Yeah, I'll be fine", Miaka muttered, shaking her head to clear her thoughts.

Hotohori glanced with a suspicious gaze to Miaka and back to Tamahome. He knew something was up, but it wasn't in his nature to prowl for answers.

"Alright then, we'll do as Miaka says. We set out tomorrow".

Everyone nodded in acknowledgement.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

End of Part 3

Yuu Yetou (or Yuut Yeh Tou) is the name the Chinese dubbed version use for Usagi from Sailor Moon. For future reference, these are the chinese names I'll be using for the Shinomegami:

**...** is the anime the character is in.

Yuu Yetou = Serenity (Tsukino Usagi)
**Sailor Moon**

Ying Fa = Mistress (Kinomoto Sakura)
**Card Captor Sakura**
Okay, this name was made up. I have never watched the Chinese version of CCS and since Ying Fa also means cherry blossoms, it fits really well.

Mou Dan = Deity (Botan)
**Yu Yu Hakusho**
This is the Chinese name for Botan. And if you don't know the pronounciation, it's (mow-dahn).

Haichoi Li = Psyche (Kanzaki Hitomi)
**Escaflowne**
This is also made up. Never watched and never will watch the Chinese version of Escaflowne. I'm not sure if there is such a thing. Haichoi Li just sort of sounds like Hitomi, though I'm not sure. I'll have to think of a way for Miaka to rename her to Hitomi...