Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura: The Next Quest ❯ Sakura and Heero's Crazy Weekend ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Sakura and Heero's Crazy Weekend

~~~~~Tokyo, Japan~~~~~

"Surprise! Happy Birthday!" yelled Syaoran, Ami, Sakura, Heero, Ukyo, Eriol, Duo, and Minako as Ranma led Tomoyo into the common room of the guys' suite. Ranma had taken Tomoyo to dinner earlier to give everyone else a chance to set up Tomoyo's surprise party.

"Happy Birthday Tomoyo-chan," greeted Sakura as she gave her best friend a hug.

"Arigato everyone," said Tomoyo in a slightly shaken voice since she still hadn't completely gotten over the surprise. "But today is the second. My birthday isn't until tomorrow."

"We know," said Sakura. "But all of you are leaving so early tomorrow morning for your biology trip that we wanted to have your party while we were all together."

"Here's the cake," said a very cheery Minako as she led Tomoyo over to the table.

"Cute!" squealed Tomoyo when she caught sight of the cake. The cake was a circular dual layer cake with white frosting. In the center of the cake was a picture of all ten of them and along the edge were eighteen candles, each one a different color representing each year of Tomoyo's life.

"Blow out the candles Tomoyo-san," urged Ukyo. Tomoyo took a huge gulp of air and proceeded to blow out each of the candles. Just as Tomoyo started celebrating her triumph, Syaoran flicked his wrist and used a little magic to relight each and every candle. This caused a whine by Tomoyo and a laugh from everyone else. After Tomoyo successfully extinguished the candles a second time, they cut the cake and began giving Tomoyo her presents. Ranma had gotten Tomoyo a small gold locket on a chain that opened up to reveal the same group photo they had used on the cake. Ami and Syaoran gave her an expensive book on fashion design and Ukyo, Eriol, Minako, and Duo had all pooled their money to get Tomoyo a brand new mini audio-visual editing station. This allowed Tomoyo to edit all the videos she loved to take in her own suite. The last gift was from Heero and Sakura. Tomoyo opened the carefully wrapped box, but was a little confused as she pulled out the two contents. One of the presents looked like a pair of high tech sunglasses and the other was a memory disk drive with a small joystick attached to it.

"Put the glasses on," said Sakura when she saw the confused look on Tomoyo's face.

Tomoyo hesitantly placed the glasses on her face, but once they were on, Tomoyo's expression changed to one of pure amazement. "Wow!" she exclaimed. The reason she was so excited was because the glasses were actually the receiver for a very small, very advanced floating camera. The display overlapped what she was seeing with her own eyes, but was surprisingly distinguishable, allowing Tomoyo to do anything necessary at the same time she was watching what was being displayed by the camera.

"You can control the motion with the joystick," explained Heero. "The button on the top is record, and the other buttons control the zoom and upward and downward movement. It should be auto-focus, so you don't have to worry about blurry pictures."

"Thanks guys," said Tomoyo sincerely. "I love all the presents." She smiled to all the guys and gave each girl, plus Ranma, a hug of thanks.

The rest of the evening was spent just talking together until the group decided to turn in for the night since they had an early day the next morning.

Sakura woke the next morning and went outside into the common room of the girls' suite to find it unusually quiet and empty. She glanced at the clock and saw that everyone must have left a number of hours ago. For some reason Sakura found herself feeling very lonely. She had gotten used to having the other four girls around and even Kero and Spinel Sun weren't there since they wanted to get out of the dorm room and the Biology trip was a perfect opportunity. Then Sakura remembered that at least Heero should be in his suite, so she quickly showered and dressed before going down the hall to see if Heero would keep her company. When Heero opened the door, Sakura gave him a very excited greeting. Heero was a little surprised at first when Sakura suddenly jumped into him and gave him a hug. He wasn't expecting her so early in the morning and definitely wasn't expecting her obvious excitement at seeing him.

"Good morning," greeted Heero once he overcame his shock.

"Good morning," replied Sakura while still hanging onto Heero's neck.

"Is everything okay?"

"Now it is," said Sakura as she finally let go of Heero. "I was lonely with nobody here."

Heero just nodded and smiled at her cuteness before inviting her in. "Would you like some breakfast?" asked Heero as he walked back into the kitchen to finish his preparations for cooking breakfast. "I was just making some."

"Hai," answered Sakura. "Can I help with anything?"

"Everything is pretty much all done," said Heero as he flipped a pancake. "But you could poor some juice. We should have some in the fridge." Sakura poured two glasses of orange juice and took them to the table. As she walked back into the kitchen to ask if there was anything else she could do, she saw Heero put the last pancake on the stack he had warming in the oven and also put the bacon and eggs on two plates. Sakura picked up the stack of pancakes and followed Heero to the table where they each put down the plates they were carrying before sitting down to eat.

"How's the food?" asked Heero as he watched Sakura taste a pancake.

Sakura answered with a vigorous nod of her head. "Delicious! It tastes just like my Otousan's. Arigato, Heero-kun." Heero nodded as the two finished eating mostly in silence.

After the couple finished eating and washing the dishes, Heero suggested that they go take a walk in the park since it was such a nice day out. In the park, Heero walked along at a normal pace, following the extremely hyper Sakura who was running and spinning around as she happily skipped down the path. Heero couldn't help but smile at Sakura who looked as if she felt like she was only a kid once again. Sakura finally stopped bouncing around and waited by a bench near the edge of the lake in the middle of the park for Heero to catch up. When Heero finally reached the spot where Sakura was waiting, he was greeted by the enthusiastic girl jumping up and giving him a tight hug around the neck. When she let him go, Sakura continued her romp through the park with a glorious smile on her face.

As the day went by, Sakura eventually lost some of her extra energy and was now hanging onto Heero's arm and resting her head against his shoulder as the couple continued through the park. They had already been around the entire park a number of times, but neither felt like going back to the dorms yet and were quite thoroughly enjoying being alone together. They eventually found a large tree in a secluded part of the park where they decided to sit in peace. They had both come close to drifting asleep, when their magical senses suddenly picked up the feeling of a Clow Card. Heero helped Sakura up from her position of resting against him as they leaned against the tree. They were about to release their Clow Keys when they noticed a strikingly beautiful woman walking towards them. As she got closer, Heero and Sakura could see that she had very pale cream colored skin with long flowing platinum blonde hair and was dressed in all white.

"Could she be the Clow Card?" asked Sakura who was mesmerized by the pure beauty of the woman walking towards them.

"I'm not sure," answered Heero. "I can feel some magical presence coming from her, but I feel another magic coming from somewhere else."

"That's what I thought," confirmed Sakura. "But I can't determine where the other Clow Card is."

The pair kept their eyes fixed on the approaching Clow Card, but kept their magical senses attentive to the feeling they were getting from elsewhere. At about fifty yards from the two magicians, the woman stopped and lifter her pale blue eyes to stare at the two mages. She then closed her eyes, and a pair of beautiful white wings emerged from her back. The move shocked both Heero and Sakura, for the effect gave the Clow Card an appearance that was remarkably similar to that of an angel.

"Wow," gasped Sakura in complete awe at the sight in front of her. "She's so beautiful."

"Well, now we can be sure that she is a Clow Card," stated Heero in a serious voice. "Key that Hides the Power of Space. Show Your True Self to Me. I, Heero Command You Under Contract. Release!"

When Heero released his Clow Sword, Sakura took the hint and did the same. "Key that Hides the Power of the Stars. Show Your True Self to Me. I, Sakura Command You Under Contract. Release!"

When the Clow Card saw its opponents had armed themselves, it mimicked their move by creating an energy bow and arrow, very similar to the one used by Yue. The Card fired one arrow at the couple, which was easily deflected by Heero. Heero and Sakura then watched at the Clow Card took to the air and began firing numerous energy arrows at the pair, forcing them to run and dodge in every direction to keep from getting hit. As soon as she got a clear area, Sakura released the Fly Card and took to the air to attack the angelic looking Clow Card. Once airborne, Sakura quickly released Windy and ordered her Sakura Card to trap the flying angel. The Windy Card took form and quickly flew over to its opponent before turning into a tornado of air and capturing the rogue Clow Card within. Sakura was a little surprised at the ease in which Windy captured the angelic Clow Card, and was about to change it back into card form, when the feeling she had earlier of another Clow Card suddenly flared up and distracted her. In an instant, the tornado surrounding the angel disappeared and in its place was not the single Clow Card Sakura had been fighting, but five copies of the Clow Card.

"Oh no! How do I fight five?" worried Sakura aloud. Before she could do anything, all five angels withdrew their energy bows and began rapid firing arrows at the floating Sakura. It took all her effort just to keep herself from getting skewered by the flying arrows of energy and was therefore unable to release any attack cards to fight back.

Down below, Heero watched with both hands clenched into fists and an angry expression plastered on his face. He felt completely helpless down on the ground while Sakura was fighting for her life up in the air. The longer he stood there watching, the more angry he got; but it wasn't until he saw Sakura just barely dodge an arrow, causing her to get a cut on her left leg that he lost it. The moment he saw her injured and heard her cry of pain, he yelled out and let loose a blast of magical energy. His outburst resulted in all the new Clow Cards the group had captured being transported from Sakura's deck into Heero's hands. Very similar to the way he acted when he first created the Key of Space; Heero took hold of his sword and the Wall Card and began to chant. "Card Created by Clow. Discard Your Old Form and be Reborn, Under the Name Heero; Your New Master." As Heero finished the spell, the Wall Card started to glow. Slowly, the glow surrounding the Wall Card disappeared and the card floated down to Heero's hand. The change in the card's physical appearance was obvious. Instead of the completely black back, the back of the Clow Card was now white with a picture of Heero's magic circle in red in the center. The front no longer had a picture of the Shield Card, but instead it was a new picture of a great white wall, set on a red background. The border on the front of the card was white, just like the back, but had a planet at the top and a star on each side. The bottom of the card still had the words `Wall Card' etched on, but below that, where there used to be empty space, now had Heero's name. Heero took hold of his new card, threw it in the air, and brought the tip of his sword down right on the center of it. "Place a protective barrier in front of Sakura! Wall!" In a flash of light, the Wall Card released from its confines and turned into a beam of energy, streaking up towards Sakura. Once it had reached its destination, the Card turned into a great wall, right in front of Sakura, effectively allowing her to stop moving since it was repelling the number of arrows being thrown in its direction.

Sakura looked down to Heero from her vantage point up in the sky. "How did you release the Wall Card?" she asked in amazement.

"I'm not sure," replied Heero who had apparently come out of his trance state. "I just sort of remembered the chant you used when you said you were trying to change the Color Card into a Sakura Card and modified it a little to fit my situation."

Sakura took a moment to think about what Heero had just done, but before she could finish her thought process, she noticed the five angels had all started maneuvering around the wall Heero had erected to get a shot at Sakura again. It was much simpler for Sakura to dodge the incoming attacks this time around, since she could use Heero's wall for cover, but she was still having difficulty getting enough time to use an attack card.

Heero saw Sakura's struggles and looked over the cards he held in his hand: Drain, Magma, Wing, Color, and Remove. Heero made a quick decision and pulled out Drain and Wing. "Cards Created by Clow. Discard Your Old Form and be Reborn, Under the Name Heero; Your New Master." Similar to what happened when he transformed the Wall Card, the Drain and Wing Cards started to glow, and then changed into Heero Cards. The back and borders of the new cards were the same as that of the Wall Card, but each had a unique picture. The Drain Card had a picture of an old mage with his hand extended with a small green flame burning in his palm and the Wing Card had a pair of pure white wings forming a circle. "Give me the power of flight. Wing! Lend me your strength! Drain!" At the call of release, the Wing Card transformed from card form into a pair of white wings on Heero's back, just like the power of the Fly Card gave wings to Sakura. The Drain Card also released and created a dim green glow around Heero's sword. Heero used his new wings to take flight, and quickly made his way up to where Sakura was fighting off the five angels.

"Heero-kun?" questioned a surprised Sakura who hadn't expected Heero to be able to fly. "The Wing Card allows you to fly?"

"Hai. What do you say the two of us finish capturing this Clow Card together?" Heero suggested with a smile. Sakura looked at Heero and gave a smile of her own and nodded. Then Heero recalled the Wall Card, and the couple flew straight at the five enemies.

"Attack and disable the five Clow Cards! Windy! Watery!" said Sakura as she released two of her favorite cards. Windy and Watery combined their powers and created a large Wind and Water tornado which managed to trap three of the angels inside. Meanwhile, Heero flew towards the remaining two angels and attacked with his sword. Inwardly he was thankful that he spent so much time training with the sword with Li, since it made his reaction times with the weapon substantially faster. This allowed Heero to easily deflect all attacks sent in his direction, and was able to disable both remaining angels with the assistance of the Drain Card's power.

When all five angels were helplessly floating in the air, Heero made is way over to Sakura, and the two started sealing the card. "I Heero/Sakura, Master/Mistress of the Cards Command You. Return to Your True Form. Clow Card!" Heero and Sakura both chanted in synchronization with one another. When they were finished, four of the angels combined together into a beam of energy and flew towards Heero, while the remaining angel turned into another beam of energy that flew towards Sakura. When the two beams of energy arrived at the Card Captors, each one turned into a card and floated down to their hands. Both new Clow Cards were of the older style, with the black back and borders. The card Heero held had a picture of the Twin on the front and had the name Replicate Card. Sakura's new Clow Card was the Angel, and it had a picture of both the Song and Storm Cards on the front.

"Here you go, Heero-kun," said Sakura as she took one last look at the Angel Card. "You seem to have control over the new Clow Cards, so I guess you should hold onto these." Sakura turned to hand the card to Heero, but was surprised to find him slowly floating towards the ground. "Heero-kun? Are you alright?"

"I feel a little weak," responded Heero meekly. "I can't concentrate." Suddenly, Heero's wings disappeared and his sword reverted back to it's key form and Heero started falling towards the ground.

"Heero-kun!" screamed Sakura as she raced after him, managing to catch him at the last second and slowly bring him and herself down to the ground. "Are you okay, Heero-kun?"

"Sakura-san? I just feel a little tired," Heero said right before he lost consciousness.

Sakura took the unconscious Heero and held his head in her lap. "Heero-kun," Sakura whispered to his sleeping form. "I remember what that was like. How tired I got after changing just one Clow Card." Sakura then released the Power Card, and used her extra strength to pick up Heero and fly them both back to the dorm.

A few hours after the capture of the Angel and Replicate Cards, Heero woke up to find himself back in his dorm room. As he tried to sit up, he felt something on top of him. Heero looked down to find Sakura sleeping in a chair next to his bed with her head on top of him. He was hesitant to move, out of the fear of waking her from her peaceful looking slumber, but eventually he saw her start to wake up. When Sakura's eyes finally fluttered open, and the cute Card Captor looked up towards Heero, she was greeted by a pair of cobalt blue eyes and a warm smile.

"Hi," said Heero when his eyes met with Sakura's emerald green ones. "Sleep well?"

"Hai. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine now, thanks to you. Arigato, Sakura-san." Sakura blushed a little at Heero's praise, before getting up from her position of lying on top of Heero. After Sakura got off of him, Heero sat up and stretched out his stiff muscles. "Do you know what happened to me?"

"Hai. The same thing used to happen to me when I first changed the Clow Cards into Sakura Cards. According to Kero-chan, it takes a lot of magical energy to transform Clow Cards, so when I first did it, I always got real sleepy. Eventually you will get used to it, and will be able to change the Clow Cards to Heero Cards without as much effort."

"Understood," stated Heero. "What time is it anyway?"

"It's almost 7 o'clock," answered Sakura.

"I'm a little hungry. How about we go get some dinner?"

"Hai! I'm hungry too." The couple then got up and stretched a bit before heading out to find somewhere to eat.

By the time Heero and Sakura had gotten out the door, they had decided to go to the same sushi place they went when they fought the Wall and Remove Cards. It had become one of their favorite places to go together since it gave them some time alone when they were walking to the place, plus they both liked the food. "Is there anything in particular you want to do tomorrow, Sakura-san?" asked Heero as the couple walked to the restaurant.

"I don't know," said Sakura as she thought. "I hear the beach is really nice."

"How about we finish getting dinner, and then head back to the dorms to eat," suggested Heero. "Then we can finish the homework we have due on Monday together and go to the beach tomorrow?"

"Okay, I guess," whined Sakura. "But I have so much math homework, and it takes me so long to do it."

Heero chuckled lightly at Sakura's complaint. "I'll help you with the math. You are a lot better at it then you give yourself credit for, and we'll be done in no time."

"Arigato, Heero-kun," said Sakura with a smile. The rest of the trip to and from the restaurant passed peacefully and it didn't take too long for the couple to arrive back at the dorms with their food.

"Would you rather work in your suite or mine?" asked Heero.

"Can we work in yours?" asked Sakura. "I might fall asleep if we work in mine."

Heero laughed at Sakura's comment before opening the door to his room and letting the two of them in.

After they finished eating, Sakura and Heero moved to Heero's room to study. For the moment, Sakura was sitting at Heero's desk to make sure she wouldn't fall asleep, and Heero was on his bed since there wasn't enough room at the desk for two people. Sakura was purposely saving math for last, since she hated it so much, so for the moment she was finishing her work quite quickly. However, it wasn't long before Heero was getting up every few minutes to help the struggling Sakura with her math while he was breezing through his own. After a brief period of time, Sakura started to get tired of Heero continuously getting up to help her, and moved to join Heero on his bed. The work went much quicker with the two lying next to each other on Heero's bed since Heero didn't have to keep changing his train of thought. Eventually, the couple finished the last problem on Sakura's homework and the emerald eyed girl celebrated by giving a grateful hug to Heero. Despite the fact that they had both finished their homework, neither Heero nor Sakura wanted to get up off of the bed and spent the time just lying down and talking together. In no time at all, both became very tired and drifted off to sleep without even noticing.

While they were sleeping, Sakura unconsciously moved herself a little closer to Heero's warm body since she had no blanket on top of her. At the same time, Heero, unaware of his own actions, wrapped a protective arm around the slender beauty and the two continued sleeping while cuddled up to one another.

~~~~~Hokkaido, Japan~~~~~

On the island of Hokkaido, Syaoran, Ami, Tomoyo, Ranma, Eriol, Ukyo, Duo, and Minako were resting in their large tent after their first day of the biology trip. The weather was very nice, and even though they had to do a lot of work surveying the different plant and animal life, all eight were having a great time.

"Cute!" exclaimed Tomoyo, surprising the other seven in the tent. "Sakura-chan and Heero-kun are cuddling together in Heero's room."

The others looked at Tomoyo as if she was crazy, until they noticed that she had the glasses for her new camera on her face. "Did you leave your camera back at school so you could spy on them?" asked Ami, who was very well acquainted with Tomoyo's obsession of Sakura's cuteness.

"Hai!" answered Tomoyo with a huge smile on her face. "And it looks like the two of them fell asleep studying on Heero's bed. They look so cute together!" Tomoyo then took off the glasses to show everyone who wanted to see. Ami, Minako, and Ukyo wanted to see the couple first, each one of whom squealed a little at the cute sight in front of them. Then Duo and Eriol asked to see. Eriol was quite pleased that Sakura seemed to enjoy being with Heero so much, since he still felt a little responsibility for Sakura as he was the reincarnation of Clow Reed. Duo, on the other hand, was completely shocked. Even though the others had confirmed what Tomoyo had said about the couple cuddling together, Duo still couldn't believe that Heero would ever be that emotional. He couldn't wait to get back to Tokyo so he could bug Heero about sleeping with Sakura.

"I'm glad Heero-kun and Sakura-chan gave me this camera. Those two are just the cutest couple I have ever seen and I wouldn't want to miss this scene for the world."

Next to the teens, Kero and Spinel Sun shared a knowing look with each other. When Spinel Sun had arrived in Tokyo, he had confirmed what Kero and Yue remembered about the legend that involved the soul mates of the Master and Mistress of the Clow Cards. They had agreed to not tell Eriol about the legend, since they figured that there must be some reason Clow had kept the memory from reappearing in his reincarnated form. They also refrained from mentioning it to any of the other teens, afraid that Sakura and Heero would find out. Neither Kero or Spinel Sun knew what possible problems might arise if the couple felt they were going to be responsible for such a disaster.

~~~~~Tokyo, Japan~~~~~

Late Sunday morning, Heero and Sakura both woke up simultaneously when a ray of sunshine came in through the window and landed directly on their faces. Neither one realized at first that they were holding one another, but as they finished regaining their wits they found that it felt very right waking up together.

"Good morning," greeted Heero as he looked down at the angel cuddled up next to him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Hai," answered Sakura sweetly. "Waking up with you feels really comfortable for some reason."

Heero just smiled at Sakura's remark and pulled her a little closer to himself. Sakura responded by moving her head a little closer into Heero's chest. The couple rested for a little longer, enjoying the comfort provided by being in each others company until they both decided it was getting late in the day. When they eventually got up, Sakura made her way back to her room to clean up and change before they went to the beach.

Sakura arrived back in Heero's room dressed in a pair of short tan shorts and a small pink T-shirt. Under her clothes she was wearing her swimsuit for the trip to the beach. Heero was dressed in a pair of black swim trunks and a green tank top. "Ready to go?" asked Heero. He was answered by a vigorous nod and a bright smile from Sakura.

It was a quick drive to the beach and when Heero and Sakura arrived they actually found it surprisingly empty. It was a beautiful day out, and therefore they had expected the beach to be crowded. After picking a spot on the sand to put down their towels and food they had brought, Sakura took off her shirt and shorts and stood before Heero in only her bathing suit. She felt a little embarrassed, since she was wearing her only two-piece suit she owned. Tomoyo had given it to her before they left for school, but Sakura was always too embarrassed to give up her one-piece swimsuit for the skimpy bikini style suit. It was pink, of course, but both the top and the bottom were fairly small and therefore Sakura was feeling a little self-conscious. Her worries were calmed, however, when she saw the look of affection on Heero's face.

"You look beautiful," complimented Heero when he saw Sakura standing nervously in front of him in her suit. Her perfectly toned athletic body looked gorgeous in the pink bikini suit. He supposed she wasn't the most curvaceous girl he had ever seen, but that didn't change the fact that she was still the most beautiful. Her slim figure, flat stomach, and perfect creamy skin was perfectly complimented by her auburn hair, beautiful eyes, and cute smile.

"Arigato, Heero-kun," said Sakura nervously as she stared at the ground and started to blush. While Sakura was staring at the ground in embarrassment, Heero took the opportunity to surprise her and picked her up into his arms. This resulted in a startled yelp from Sakura as she grabbed onto Heero's neck to keep her balance while Heero took them both towards the water. Once he reached the shoreline, Heero made his way into the water, and when he was deep enough, he plunged both Sakura and himself into the clear blue water. When both their heads emerged from under the water, both Sakura and Heero were laughing happily. Sakura gave Heero a hug around the neck, and while he let his guard down, she jokingly pushed his head back under the water. The couple continued to play around in the water for the next hour before going back onto the beach to lie down on their towels.

While they had been drying off in the sun, Heero and Sakura had fallen asleep next to each other on the beach with Sakura resting her head on Heero's chest. The couple was rudely awakened, however, when they felt a Clow Card presence real close by. They awoke to find that everyone else on the beach seemed to be frozen in time. They could see one group of people seemingly stuck in mid-run during a beach volleyball game, and another group frozen in mid-air jumping out of the water.

"What's going on? This is similar to what the Time Card does, except I still have Time in the deck," said Sakura as she took out her deck of Clow Cards to make sure she hadn't somehow lost a card.

"What's that?" voiced Heero when he noticed a glowing blue object approaching the couple. Both Heero and Sakura could feel the Clow Card aura coming from the approaching object so they quickly released their Keys and prepared for some type of attack. As the glowing Clow Card got closer, Heero and Sakura each let down their guard slightly since it looked like the Clow Card was only a young boy. It obviously wasn't a normal boy, because his whole body had a blue hue and the obvious Clow aura coming from it. The most striking trait of the new Clow Card was it's eyes, which were a bright glowing yellow color.

"What kind of Clow Card is that?" questioned Sakura. "It looks just like a harmless little boy."

When Sakura finished talking, the boy stopped walking, and the aura surrounding it got a little brighter and a little bigger. Then he closed his eyes and in a flash of blue light it split into two copies of itself.

"I don't know what this card can do, but it feels powerful," commented Heero as he once again took up a defensive stance.

"But it doesn't look like it is an aggressive card," said Sakura who still had her wand by her side. "Maybe this is a nice card, like Wood."

Sakura's comment that the card might not be aggressive made Heero think for a moment as he too, let his guard down once again. When the two copies of the Clow Card saw the Card Captors weren't going to attack, they began to walk towards the couple. When they were within arms reach, each copy of the Clow Card held out a hand. Heero and Sakura both looked at one another before reaching out themselves and touching the outstretched hands of the Clow Card. At the exact moment that Heero and Sakura touched the Clow Card, a spark emitted from their hands, and two small balls of energy appeared. One energy ball emerged from where Sakura touched one of the twin Clow Cards and was pink in color, and the other energy ball was white and came from Heero. The two energy balls floated up into the air, and then slowly they merged into one, creating a single silver energy ball for a moment before fading away into nothing.

As soon as the silver energy ball faded away, the two pieces of the Clow Card smiled and then walked backwards a few steps. Once it was out of arms reach, the Clow Card merged back into its single form. Neither Sakura nor Heero still knew what was going on, but what the Clow Card did next completely surprised both of them; it spoke.

"I have been watching the two of you," said the Clow Card. "You two are the ones." Before Sakura or Heero could think of anything to say to the Clow Card it changed into card form. As soon as the Clow Card was in card form, time seemed to resume and life continued as if nothing had happened. The new card floated over in between both Heero and Sakura where both Card Captors reached for and grasped the card at the same moment, then moved closer together so they could see what card had just dropped into their laps.

"What is this?" stated Sakura in shock. "It doesn't have a front." The card that Heero and Sakura were holding had the black back and borders of the other Clow Cards, but where there should have been a picture and a name, instead it was blank.

"What kind of weird power did that Clow Card have?" thought Heero to himself.

"I don't know, but it would have been much easier to figure out if this card had some information on it," said Sakura.

Heero snapped his head towards Sakura and stared wide eyed at her. "What did you just say?"

"I was just trying to answer your question about the Clow Card," said Sakura a little shakily out of nervousness from the intense look Heero was giving her.

"I didn't say anything, Sakura-san," said Heero.

"But I heard you!" exclaimed Sakura. "You said you wanted to know what kind of weird power the Card had."

"I thought that, but never said it."

"But, I heard him," thought Sakura to herself. "I know I did."

"I didn't say anything, Sakura-san. I swear," said Heero.

"I didn't say anything," said Sakura.

Heero thought about the situation for a second and then thought to himself, "Sakura-san. Can you hear me?"

"Hai. Of course I can," responded Sakura in a confused voice.

"Sakura-san," said Heero in a caring voice. "I didn't say that. I only thought it to myself."

"But," started Sakura. "But… How is that possible?"

"I don't know," answered Heero. When Heero answered Sakura, the card the couple was holding started to glow. They both looked down at it and when it stopped glowing, and were surprised to see that the card now had both a picture and a title. The picture was split into three sections. One section held a picture same as the Mirror Card, one section had Illusion, and the last section was Time. As they looked at the bottom of the card, they saw that the card they now possessed was the Telepathy Card.

"I suppose this explains why we can hear each other's thoughts," said Sakura as she stared at the card the couple was holding. "I wonder how long the effects of this Telepathy Card last."

"Who knows," said Heero with a shrug.

"Oh well," thought Sakura. "I don't mind being telepathically connected to Heero-kun."

"Uhh, Sakura-san," said Heero. "I can hear you, don't forget."

Sakura yelped when she realized that Heero had heard her thoughts. Then she blushed and looked down at her feet again to avoid eye contact with Heero since she felt embarrassed over what she had been thinking. Heero responded by pulling Sakura into a gentle hug and thought "It's okay, Sakura-san. I can see some advantages to being connected with you too." Sakura looked up to find Heero looking gently down at her with caring eyes which made Sakura feel much better and she hugged him back.

~~~~~Tokyo, Japan~~~~~

"Welcome back everyone!" greeted Sakura as the four girls walked back into their suite upon return from the biology trip.

"How was your weekend, Sakura-chan?" asked Tomoyo with a hint of mischievousness in her voice.

"Yeah Sakura," added Minako with a grin. "Did you have a good weekend with Heero?"

Sakura could see that Ukyo was grinning along with Minako and Tomoyo, and Ami was blushing ever so slightly as she purposely avoided eye contact with Sakura. Sakura was about to ask what was going on, when Heero sent her a message via their new telepathic link. "Sakura-san. They know we fell asleep together on Saturday night."

Sakura gasped a little when Heero told her before sending back, "But how?"

"Daidouji-san probably left the camera we gave her here and saw the two of us through the headset. I assume she probably told all the girls too, since Duo and Hiiragizawa obviously know." Sakura could tell that Heero was thinking with the slightest bit of spite in his thoughts. She could only assume it was because Duo and Eriol were pestering him about sleeping with her.

"What do we do?"

"Well, we obviously can't deny it, so I guess just play along and don't let it get to you."

"Sakura-chan. Sakura-chan. Are you listening to me?" asked Tomoyo as she saw Sakura standing there seemingly spaced out.

"H-hai, Tomoyo-chan," responded Sakura who had forgotten about the other girls when she was talking telepathically with Heero. "I'm sorry, Tomoyo-chan. What did you say?"

"I asked you if it was comfortable sleeping with Yuy-kun."

Sakura didn't know how to answer Tomoyo, so instead she just stared at the ground as her face turned a bright shade of red. "H-how did you know, Tomoyo-chan?"

Tomoyo smiled brightly at her best friend. "We saw it on my camera. It's okay Sakura-chan. We know it was innocent. We're all just glad that you are happy with Yuy-kun."

"Arigato, Tomoyo-chan," said Sakura as she gave her best friend a hug. She then gave a hug to her other three roommates as well, and helped them unpack their stuff.

"Sakura-san," Sakura heard in her mind.

"Hai, Heero-kun."

"Let's not tell everybody about the telepathic link. If we do, I don't think we will ever hear the end of it. And besides, I like knowing that I can talk to you whenever I want without others interfering."

"Hai, Heero-kun. I agree. We'll keep it as our little secret." Sakura then smiled to herself as she continued to help her roommates get everything back in order and listened to their stories about the biology trip.