Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Destiny
By: rei-chan

Standard Disclaimer: The fic is the only thing that's mine; characters aren't, unfortunately. All rights to these amazing ANIME belong to CLAMP, Kodansha, Sunrise, Bandai, yadda yadda yadda, so don't waste all your time and money suing me. The court people won't get anything from me, anyway, except for a bunch of lousy grades, some cookie crumbs, a handful of unfinished research papers, and five cents.
Author's Notes: I wanted something different, and I figured this would work. (I hope!)

DESTINY by Rei-chan
Prologue

The Wing pilot's Prussian blue eyes burned with intense concentration as his Gundam fired another shot at the offending Leos. A few feet away from him, Deathscythe Hell swung its huge green thermal scythe forward in a graceful yet deadly arc, completely cutting five mobile suits in half. They exploded in a huge orange flame as Deathscythe's pilot, Duo Maxwell, cackled insanely at the display before moving on to decimate the other scattered Oz troops in space.

Without taking his eyes away from the battle, Heero Yuy's arm snaked up to his right to flick on his visuals unit, changing the frequency to communicate with Gundam Sandrock. The serene face of Quatre Raberba Winner appeared on the screen.

"04 in."

Heero tapped on the monitor to zoom in on his comrade's face. "04, report current mission status."

His calm demeanor unwavering, Quatre shook his head. "We're still working on it. Apparently Oz had known that we were coming, and had sent five battalions of Leos to guard the base." His expression faltered a little as an explosion nearby illuminated his boyish face. "We are already hard-pressed as it is, Heero. I'm sorry." He said softly.

The Wing pilot's mouth thinned, if that was even possible, considering his permanently worn stolid mask. "Ryoukai." He said tightly.

As the Sandrock pilot's face disappeared from view, Heero did a quick review of the mission parameters in his head even as he released five missiles into space. All five hit their respective targets with deadly accuracy. The number of the mobile troops waiting for them was overwhelming, and as skilled and capable as the two pilots were, the fact that they were outnumbered was pretty obvious. Absently his blue eyes looked down to his left, were the gray self-destruct button sat, innocent and almost inconspicuous.

It seemed to be mocking him in his ability to accomplish his mission.

"Die, you bastard, die!!!" Duo's enraged growl broke the dark-haired boy out of his reverie just in time to see his comrade pull up his thermal scythe to bear down on a Leo. The offending mecca exploded, but soon, five more had moved forward to take its place. He could hear his partner swer loudly in irritation as he continued his attack.

Coming to a decision, Heero immediately began typing the access codes for program transfer and reconfiguration on his computer panel. Pausing only to switch to Deathscythe's frequency, he tapped the screen to zoom in on his partner's eerily calm face. "Duo."
The braided pilot replied without looking up from his control panel. "Yeah?"

"We are outnumbered."

Duo turned exasperated amethyst eyes at his commander. "Really, Heero. State the obvious." He muttered sarcastically while rolling his eyes. Grumbling under his breath, he went on with his fight.

Click. With the program download in progress, the dark-haired boy used this opportunity to unbuckle his safety harness. Once his Gundam's entire database was downloaded, he clicked on the enter button.

The screen in front of him read: Data transfer from 01 to 02 in progress…

He palmed around for the self-destruct button. "Duo." He called out once more as his prying fingers made contact with the detonating device.

"WHAT?! I KNOW were damn outnumbered ok? So quit bugging me and just fight, Heero!"

The Wing pilot was not at all fazed by the threat in Duo's voice. "Shift to plan B-3. I repeat, shift to plan B-3."

Duo looked at his panel monitor and cursed loudly when he saw the file transfer in progress. "Oh, fuck you, Yuy! You're not planning on blowing Wing up to all seven hells AGAIN, are you?" he asked incredulously. Absently he swung at a Leo trying to shoot his Gundam on the knee with an almost lazy motion as he turned all his attention to his suicidal friend.

"You're damn right I am, Maxwell. You will be in charge after this."

"Yuy, stop the bullshit and just fight, ok? We can handle these fucking bastards without blowing ourselves up to kingdom come." Seven Leos blew up as a shot from Heero's Buster Rifle hit them. "You DON'T have to get yourself fucking killed!"

The eighty-battalion Oz troop was closing in on the two pilots as all their efforts to ward them off failed.

The Wing pilot's voice was hollow as he replied, "It's what all of this is about, isn't it?." With that, he pressed the button.

An explosion like no other shook everything within the thirty-mile diameter, before everything went mercifully black.

TBC

--so how was it? should i continue to write more of this, or should i just stop? i really need to know, you guys, that's why i'll really appreciate it if you review my work! ^_^