Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Raiu's Return ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: The fic is the only thing that's mine; characters aren't, unfortunately. All rights to these amazing ANIMEs belong to Clamp, Kodansha, Sunrise, Bandai, Sotsu Agency, yadda, yadda, yadda, so don't waste your time trying to sue me! "Your 'corporate boogeyman' won't get anything valuable from me, anyway, except for a bunch of lousy grades, some leftover cookie crumbs, a Pentel point 5 ball pen, and some crumpled research papers.

Author's Notes: I'm back, minna! Thank you ssssssoooooooooo much for your reviews! I honestly thought that this fic would be a little too far-fetched for you guys to be interested. Luckily your enthusiasm encouraged me to continue with this story. So, without further ado, here goes...

* drum roll *

DESTINY by rei-chan

Chapter One: Raiu's Return

"Syaoran-sama?"

Li Syaoran looked up from his Lasin board as he heard Wei's voice. "Yes?" he asked his butler, noting the tight creases of worry on his forehead as the old man approached his young master. "What's wrong?" As much as it concerned him to see his butler and mentor in obvious distress, the future leader of the Li clan was impatient to get back to examining his Lasin board. Just a few minutes before Wei had called on him Syaoran felt an unfamiliar power in the air and was trying to track down the source.

"You're mother left her study just a few moments ago."

The young boy raised an eyebrow at Wei's announcement. "And?" he prompted, nodding his head slightly in encouragement as his butler visibly fidgeted.

"Alone."

Syaoran couldn't see the point of Wei's worries. Li Ieran always leaves on her own. "So? What does this have to do with me, Wei?" he asked, the slightest trace of impatience evident in his voice as he glanced briefly at his glowing Lasin board.

Wei licked his lips nervously before speaking. "She was laughing like a woman possessed, Syaoran-sama. And yelling." He paused to take a deep breath and stared helplessly as Syaoran's face widened in horror. "She was yelling something about Raiu having finally returned...Over and over again."

~ 0 ~

"Oi, Yuy! Wake up you suicidal idiot! Something's fucking wrong around here!"

The incessant tugging on his tank top was what brought the Perfect Soldier back to consciousness. Slowly pushing himself up to a sitting position, he winced as his ribs suddenly protested in pain. Quickly covering up his discomfort with a grunt, Heero slowly stood up from the ground, his expressionless mask slipping back in place, and looked around.

His normally inexpressive blue eyes widened as the unfamiliar sight greeted him.

Their mobile suits, as well as the Oz battalion that they were battling with, were gone.

His astonished eyes wandered around the unfamiliar scenery in disbelief, taking in the gently sloping hills surrounding the area where they were currently located. Acres of farm and lush meadow stretched in almost unending miles, all the way up to the hills, and the soft, chirping sound of birds and other insects could be heard from a distance. The infinite stretch of space that the two pilots were accustomed to seeing almost everyday of their lives was gone, replaced by this stunning view out of a picturesque painting.

Footsteps approached softly from behind him and the Wing pilot reacted fast, smoothly sliding his gun off of its holster and aiming it at the newcomer, which turned out to be Duo Maxwell.

Completely ignoring the gun trained directly in front of his face, the braided boy pounced on his comrade. "Ne, Heero! What happened, man? Was there a blackhole out in space somewhere? My sensors didn't detect anything out of the ordinary while we were neck to neck with those Oz fuckers, so that couldn't be possible but of course still considerable. But what do you think caused us to get here, wherever 'here' is? What, Oh Perfect One?" He said all this very fast.

"Shut up." The danger in the Wing pilot's voice was unmistakable as he glared darkly at his partner, who was jiggling his foot impatiently as he waited for his answer.

"But--"

"Shut up."

But Duo was persistent. "Hee--" he began.

"Maxwell--" The dark-haired boy cut him off, his voice almost a growl. Duo opened his mouth to protest when all a sudden, his amethystine eyes narrowed. Without warning, the braided pilot whipped out his own gun and pointed it at Heero's direction. The latter didn't even flinch.

"Who are you?" The normally cheerful voice of the Deathscythe pilot had gone icy cold.

Taken aback by this, it took the Perfect Soldier a full solid minute to notice that they were not alone. Cursing under his breath for his lack of focus, Heero spun around and trained his own gun on Duo's target.

A tall, beautiful woman stood a few feet away from them, clad in an expensive-looking white Oriental robe, with jade hoops hanging on a slim belt around her waist. "There is no need for bloodshed," she said calmly. "I come not as a threat to you."

"Don't bitch around with me. I asked you who the hell you are; answer the damn question."

The woman merely blinked at the threat in Duo's voice. Her gaze, which had been trained on the Deathscythe pilot's expressionless face, shifted, and landed on Heero's, her dark eyes catching the boy's Prussian ones.

She smiled.

The Wing pilot froze as his hair stood up on its ends. There was something about the woman that felt...familiar to him.

It was as if Heero KNEW her, and she, in turn, knew HIM.

His gun arm wavered slightly.

The woman briefly glanced at his weapon before speaking softly, "Okaeri ne, Heero Yuy. Or should I say, Li Raiu."

==TBC==

---wowiee!!! had to wring out a LOT of my creative juices for that one! i'm sooooo sorry about that cliffy, you guys! it had to happen!

please review! I'll discontinue this if you don't! ^_^