Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina-sensei ❯ SEASICK! Sea Serpents Attack! ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lina-sensei

by Crystallic Star

Disclaimer: Ain't mine. Yu-gi-oh!, Cardcaptor Sakura and Slayers aren't mine...And I don't own Barney either...

A:N Sorry that I didn't update...but I had a projector to work on, exams to study for...I actually updated two chapters! ^_^

Chapter 6: SEASICK! Sea serpents and more monsters!

As the wave hit, Lina felt something hit her on the side of the head, hard, and then she only could feel a deep sinking feeling...

----

Sakura was too late to grab something to hang on since the wave hit too fast and was swept away.

----

Amelia was hanging unto a poll, but she wasn't strong enough to hang on, and the wave swept her away into the ocean.

----

As the wave cleared, everybody noticed that the girls were missing.

"LINA!!" Gourry called, as he searched the ship. The ship was still all in one peice and Xelloss had explained that he put a perserving spell on it so if any Mazoku assasins wouldn't be able to make a hole in the ship. Xellos was getting REALLY paranoid...

"AMELIA!!" Zel called as Syaoran called for Sakura.

"THEY'RE OVERBOARD!!" Xellos yelled as he leaned over the railing pointing down," And one of them got hurt..."

It was true, some polls and boards from the ship were floating on the ocean and there was blood in the ocean too.

"Syaoran help!" They spotted Sakura, trying to hang on to a log...

"I'm going in!" Syaoran said as he jumped into the ocean.

"I spotted Amelia!" Sakura cried," She was sinking! Somebody has to help her! But I don't know what happened to Miss Lina!"

"She must have gotten hurt..." Xellos said.

"Come on! We're going to have to rescue them!" Zel jumped into the water, diving into the water to maybe find one of the sinking girls.

"I'm going after Li-oww..." Gourry fell unconscious as he hit a poll that came out of nowhere.

"I guess I have to go in..." Xellos sighed, but turned shifty eyed," What if an assasin is in the water and tires to kill me...but Lina probably got hit!"

With that, Xellos jumped into the water.

He barely made out the figure in the salty waters, but he saw blood swirling around that figure...she must be injured.

He swam deeper trying to catch up with the sinking girl. He finally caught up and gathered her in his arms, it could be either Lina or Amelia, but probably Lina...

He then swam towards the surface as fast as he could.

-----

Xellos broke through the surface of water, looking down at the girl he saved. It was Lina, but she had a gash on the right side of her face, probably a log that hit her. He searched and found that Zel had rescued Amelia, who looked perfectly fine and was coughing up sea water.

"Climb on!" They heard Gourry shout, throwing a ladder overboard, but forgetting to tie the ropes of the ladder to something and the ladder dropped uselessly into the ocean.

"Hmm..." Gourry wondered, scratching the back of his head as everybody sweatdropped.

"That's one big idiot..." Syaoran muttered.

"LEVITATION!" Zel levitated up with Amelia in his arms.

Syaoran and Xellos followed his example.

------

"AMELIA! Amelia wake up!" Gourry urged. Amelia was the only one capable of doing a complete healing spell on Lina's wound, which was getting more serious. Zel was too exhuasted and everybody else didn't know one.

"wha....?" Amelia awoke and rubbed her eyes and looked a bit startled," I'm still alive..."

"Of course you're alive...Zel saved you." Xellos said.

Amelia blushed and turned to Zel, who was also blushing, but a light red," Thank you so much Mr.Zelgadis!"

"Forget about that! Lina's wounded Amelia! You're the only one who can heal her!" Gourry cried.

"Miss Lina?!" Amelia scambled to get up and wobbled towards where Lina lay, still unconscious. Amelia was still a bit weak and sick from swallowing all the sea water...

Amelia gasped, feeling sick all over again as she saw how bad Lina's wound was, but cast a healing spell anway. It healed, and actually didn't leave a scar...

Then as it closed, Amelia passed out...

"Amelia!"

------

Lina opened her eyes, even though her head was still spinning. She groaned as she sat up and held her head in her hands. She was wearing her pink PJs and was in her bed.

"I see that you awoke...finally..." She looked to her right to see Zel sitting on his bed. He was still human...and he was wearing his blue PJs, and his shirt was unbuttoned.

Lina felt herself blush, like Sakura and Amelia did before when she was sick...and turned away from the sigh of him.

"What?" A confused Zel asked then wondered. Why do the girls alway do that?

"Where's Gourry? And everybody else?" Lina asked, rather quickly.

"He fell asleep waiting for you to awake...so did everybody else." Zel explained motioning to the others who were alseep in their beds," It's nighttime..."

"How long have I been alseep?" Lina asked.

"Not that long...only the rest of the day since the tsunami." Zel said.

"I see...wait! Why isn't the ship broken?" Lina asked.

"Xellos put a perserving spell on it. He thought a Mazoku assasin was going after him and would try to sink the ship trying to destroy the ship...he's getting rather paranoid." Zel said.

"Well...I still feel really wiped out! I should really get to sleep." Lina said, putting on a smile.

Zel smiled back," Well...if you're alright...I guess I could go to sleep as well..."

"Wait...you stayed up to see if I was alright?" Lina asked in confusion.

"Sure...Gourry and Xellos both know that I could stay up since I drink a lot of coffee...so they asked me to watch until you awoke and see if you're alright." Zel explained, laying down on his side.

"Oh...Xellos? Why did he ask?" Lina asked.

"No clue...now please, get some sleep." Zel said.

Lina watched Zel for a moment before laying down herself and falling asleep.

~~*~~

"OHAYO!!" Lina cried cheerfully as she entered the dining room. Everybody's attention to her and she smiled. She saw that Gourry, Sakura and Syaoran weren't there...probably still asleep.

"Don't worry! I'm alright!" Lina said as she sat down between Xellos and Amelia.

"Are you sure?" Amelia asked.

Lina nodded," Yeah! And where's the food?! I'm starving!!"

"Syaoran and Sakura are cooking it." Zel explained, putting down his coffee cup," Gourry is still asleep..."

"Sakura and Syaoran can cook? I never knew that..." Lina muttered," Anyway! How far is the continent now?"

"About a month away...I think..." Xellos said, trying to calculate somethings in his mind.

"A MONTH?! Uh....I'm getting seasick already..." Lina said.

~~*~~

After a wonderful breakfast, in Lina's words, everybody was on deck again.

Syaoran was practicing with his sword, one time he had challenged either Gourry or Zel to a duel.

Amelia was being bored, laying down on the roof, counting sea gulls.

Lina was relaxing, since her head still hurt...sitting at the end of the ship talking with Zel.

Gourry was asleep...like he was most of the time or he was sneaking food from the kitchen.

Xellos was STILL reading those horrible bloody books...sometimes getting shifty-eyed and eyeing the water nervously...

Sakura was just practicing some of her magic that she learned, some little spells that Lina had taught her like a Light spell...

But mostly, they were all bored.

~~*~~

In the afternoon one day, everybody was just lying somewhere on the ship. Yes, Zel was back in his chimera form, but a bit more cheerful then usual....well, as cheerful as he could get...

Their thoughts were broken by Lina's screams...

"AUGH!! I AM GOING TO GET BORED TO DEATH!! WHY CAN'T A MONSTER OR SOMETHING APPEAR?!?!"

That was followed by Xellos's reply...

"NO!! I don't wanna die yet!! They're probably going to try to kill me...*shifty eyes*"

And Gourry's...

"LINA!! I"M TRYING TO SLEEP!! OW!!"

And by Lina's...

"JELLYFISH BRAINS!!!!!"

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!"

Everybody froze and ran to the railing of the ship to see a HUGE sea serpent stick his head out. It looked pretty angry, probably because of Lina's screaming...

"finally..." Lina breathed.

"That's not a good thing, Miss Lina..." Amelia said, her left eye twitching...

The serpent roared again causing the whole group to cringe since it was so high-pitched.

"What the?! That things sounds like an opera singer!" Lina screeched.

The serpent started to wrap itself around the ship, trying to pull into the water.

"Alright...A challenge!" Lina cried gleefully.

"What do we do, Miss Lina?" Sakura cried.

"Attack and slay it...what else?" Lina asked.

Everybody started to run around franitically as the ship started to be pulled more into the water.

"Hey!! Mister Serpent dude!" Lina cried to it.

The serpent stared at her with its scary snake like eyes.

"Yeah I'm talking to you! I bet you can't win me!!" Lina yelled.

The serpent just turned away from her, ignoring her.

"Hey! I'm talking to here!! Don't you dare ignore me!" Lina shouted, angrily.

"Does she always do this?" Syoaran asked Gourry, who happened to be nearby.

Gourry nodded.

"...your mother was a peacock!! And your father was a hugely oversized snake!! They probably were too low to be cast as a Yu-Gi-Oh! card because they were wimpy!! They probably swam around singing Barney songs!!" Lina shouted.

The serpent roared again.

"Miss Lina...I think you overdid it..." Amelia whispered as the serpent glared at Lina.

"I'm so proud of her." Xellos cried, tissue in hand and fake crying.

"What's Barney?" Gourry asked.

"Barney? Barney makes Xellos look like an amateur. " Zel replied.

"I take that as an insult!" Xellos cried.

"Take it, because it IS an insult." Zel shouted back.

"Guys! Currnet situation at hand!" Syaoran shouted, pointing at Lina who was sticking her tongue out at the serpent and making faces at it too.

Suddenly, the clouds turned a dark greenish color, making it look like it was going to rain acid. And the water started to boil.

Lina backed away from the serpent, its eyes were glowing red.

"Do you think I overdid it?" Lina asked.

They all screamed and tried to hang on to something as the ship started to rise, then spin.

"Where do you think the serpent lost its temper?" Lina cried.

"Probably somewhere around Barney..." Xellos replied, trying to shout over the other's screaming.

Then they stopped spinning and the ship went back into the sea. They were all dizzily trying to stand on their own...

"I'm the King of Cocnuts!" Xellos cried, eyes swirly.

Zel was laughing like a maniac," MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was the best ride of life!!"

"Zel? Are you okay?" Lina asked, trying to stand up.

"Mr.Zelgadis? Are you alright?" Amelia asked, worriedly.

Zel calmed down and sighed," I'm alright...just a head rush..."

Lina sighed in relief," For a moment there...I thought you had turned insane on us..."

Everybody glared at her.

"What?" She asked.

Everyone wasn't glaring at her, they were glaring at the serpent.

"You! You messed with Zel's mind! Now by the royal Coconuts power! I will punish you in the name of Coconuts!!" Xellos cried, posing on top of a very tall poll.

"Yeah...something like that..." Lina mumbled.

"Yay! Mr.Xellos finally turned to the fires of justice!" Amelia cried cheerfully.

Then Xellos, loosing his balance, fell flat on his face.

"Wha? What happened?" He asked.

"You had finally became a hero of justice!" Amelia cheered.

"I WHAT?!" Xellos nearly screamed.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!!

"Geez...we're sorry that we forgot our current problem..." Lina told the serpent.

The serpents eyes glowed eerily and a huge glass-braking, ear-hurting, horrifying, Xellos said,' I LOVE LIFE!!' screech. Then it started to laugh...

Everybody covered their ears, trying to block out the horrible sound that oddly sounded like Nahga's laugh combined with Martina's...

"I can't take this anymore! That's it! He asked...I mean screeched for it!!" Lina yelled," Nobody tries to break my ear drums and gets away with it!"

Lina started to chant the Dragon Slave, but was stopped by Amelia.

"Don't!! Remember what happened last time and the time before that?!" Amelia cried frantically.

Lina groaned and then started to chant again...

"Dolph Strash!" A shockwave in the form of a spear was shot at a supersonic speed at the serpent. The serpent didn't have time to screech before he was eliminated.

"Well...that settles that!" Lina said happily.

"Lina...doesn't that spell draw power from Sea Dolphin?" Xellos asked.

Lina nodded happily," Learned it some time ago..."

"My head hurts..." Gourry moaned, he was all tied up by the nets from the ship...

"I'm starting to get seasick..." Syaoran said, turning a shade of green.

"Me too..." Zel said, holding his head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" Amelia asked Zel as she made her way towards him.

"Yeah...just a bit seasick..." Zel replied.

"I hope we never have to face that again..." Sakura said with a sigh.

"Same here." Lina said.

A:N Yay! Finished with this chapter!!