Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina-sensei ❯ WONDERFUL NIGHT! Zel's temporary cure! ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lina-sensei

By Crystallic Star

A:N Sorry that I didn't get this chapter up sooner. I had writer's block...again. It keeps on chasing me! But...chapter 5 if finally here! This is the longest chapter I have written...YAY!

Chapter 5: WONDERFUL NIGHT! A temporary cure for Zelgadis!

Zel was in the dining area of the hotel. Orderig a cup of coffee. Sakura, and the others who didn't lose their voice and were not sick were also there.

"Here's your coffee sir." The waitress put the coffee cup infront of Zel, she had a REALLY unnerving smile, almost evil.

"Thanks..." Zel said unsurely. He turned to see Amelia and Xellos staring at him," what?"

"That coffee is SO drugged..." Xellos muttered.

"Didn't you feel a strange aura from that waitress?" Amelia asked.

"Now that you mention it, yeah...her smile was unnerving..." Sakura said," It was almost evil like..."

"Mornin'" The turned to see Lina walk down the stairs, extra happy then usual.

"I see that your voice has returned?" Zel said.

Lina nodded and took a seat betweeen Sakura and Amelia.

"I'm hungry! Waitress! WAITRESS!" Lina screamed.

~~~~

"Gourry...?" Lina asked as she entered his room, Amelia not far behind. They both saw that he was asleep.

"Do you think his voice is back too..." Lina wondered.

"Lina-chan! Miss Amelia!" Xellos called," We're having a discussion in Zel's room. It's urgent!"

"I'm coming." Lina called as they headed for Zel's room.

~~~~

"This is urgent." Zel stated.

"Why? What is?" Sakura asked.

"This!" He showed everybody else a letter," I got this, but this is adressed to everybody."

"From who is it?" Amelia asked.

"Maybe it's from Eriol...?" Sakura suggest," Let me see that..."

Zel handed Sakura the letter. She opened it and read the letter.

"WHA?!"

The others stared at Sakura's dumbfounded expression.

"What is it?" Lina asked," What does it say?"

"It says...it says..." Sakura stuttered, blushing," That Syaoran-kun is coming! To...be my protector...Eriol feels that somebody is out to get us...and Mr.Xellos since he isn't mazoku at this time...he's says we should go to this place, I think it says...somewhere in the outside world..."

"You mean your boyfriend is coming here?!" Amelia exclaimed, and Sakura blushed a deeper red.

"That's one way to say it, yes..." Sakura said.

"Give me that!" Lina snatched the letter from Sakura and read it over. She then put it down.

"Well...looks like we're going on a new adventure! Sakura...you seem trained in enough in magic. But this will be a great chance for you to show you skills-" Lina began, but Amelia cut her off.

"To show your new skills to evildoers and win battles like a true hero! Now that we have a new member to our team, we will be unstoppable!" Amelia declared, posing.

"wow...Tomoyo would be so happy around here..." Sakura muttered.

"Why are we helping Xellos?!" Zel demanded," We can just let those other mazoku get him and we can be rid of him!"

Everybody glared at him, and Zel shrunk back. Even Xellos glared and pouted.

"I'm hurt! I thought you cared about me." He said.

"That's mean, Mr.Zelgadis!" Amelia scolded. Sakura nodded in agreement.

"Even if you don't like him, you still have to help him. Whether you like him or not..." Sakura stated.

"Even if he is a fruitcake..." Lina said," He's OUR fruitcake. And we can't lose him. He's a valuable member of this team. Besides, he's still powerful in human form and he may NEVER turn back into a mazoku..."

Xellos went into depression hearing that," But I WANT to go back to mazoku...I guess I'll have to search for a cure...Hey Zelly! Why don't we join up together and search for our cures?!"

Zel shuddered.

~~~~

"Oi, what's up?" Gourry asked as he entered Zel's room," Why are you all in Zel's room...and Zel, why are you choking Xellos?"

"DIE!!" Zel yelled.

"Gack...I was just an accident..." Xellos managed to say.

"That wasn't funny..." Zel hissed.

"What happened?" Gourry asked.

"Mr.Xellos called Mr.Zelgadis, Zelly..." Amelia said.

"Zel is too sensitive when it comes to nicknames..." Lina muttered.

"HEY! Look! Mr.Gourry got his voice back!" Sakura cheered.

Everybody just noticed that...Even thought Gourry spoke like two times...

~~~~

"Okay! We set out for the outer world!" Lina proclaimed the next morning. Sakura and Lina were the only ones sitting by the table...everybody else was out in the town, Zel had decided to join Amelia in torturing Xellos, meaning they were shopping for supplies and going to bunny stores...He was upset for Xellos for calling Zel a 'walking statue.' Gourry was still sleeping...

"But when do you think Syaoran will arrive?" Sakura asked, she was getting worried.

Somebody then tapped Sakura on the shoulder and she turned and then jumped with glee and hugged the person.

"SYAORAN-KUN!!" She cried as she he hugged him.

"I think I'm going to be sick..." Lina muttered. This was all just a sappy-happy reunion...the ones that Lina didn't like that much...

~~~~

"That's Miss Lina...she was my magic teacher and she's a REALLY good sorceress..." Sakura explained as she introduced Syaoran to everyone.

Syaoran and Lina shook hands and Lina asked," Are you good with Magic or Sword?"

"Both...I guess..." Syaoran said," But mostly sword."

"That's Mr.Gourry...he is Miss Lina's protector. He's also an expert swordsman...And that cool looking guy is Mr.Zelgadis, he's a chimera, he's a shaman and a swordsman...that's Miss Amelia...she's a princess of Seyruun and a highly skilled sorceress...and lastly, Mr.Xellos, the former Mazoku and powerful sorcerer..." Sakura introduced.

"Everybody...this is Syaoran Li..." Sakura said.

"Hi!" They all said in unison.

"Okay everybody! Let's set out to port! I'm sure we'll get a ship in no time at all..." Lina exclaimed. Everybody nodded, backpacks on their backs and set out the door.

~~~~

They were now, sailing on the ocean waters...after Lina had threatened the former captain of the ship...and were sailing for the continent across from theirs...this time...it was a much longer sea voyage. But they brought plenty of food and if anything happens and they run out of food...Xellos will get it...he still has his bag that he puts all his stuff in...and he said he has lots of food in there too...that was because Lina had forced him to buy the food from the whole village they passed...that should be enough.

~~~~

"Ah...this is great...ne, Syaoran?" Sakura said. Syaoran and her were sitting on the roof of the cabin, looking out to the sea.

"Hai...it sure is..." Syaoran said.

"AH! GIVE ME BACK THAT CHICKEN WING!!" Lina screeched as she chased Gourry around the ship.

Amelia was currently standing on the highest thing she could find on the ship and was singing...and sometimes she would just sit and enjoy the view.

Zel was also on the front of the ship...just staring infront, just in case any sea monsters came. He was just sitting, being depressed...

Xellos was sitting by the wheel...reading a book he had bought in that last town...a REALLY depressing, bloody book with murder and stuff...

"Ooh! This is so interesting..." Xellos muttered as he turned the page. He had a stack of books near him...

Yep! They were all happy, except for Lina, she was angry about Gourry stealing her chicken wing.

~~~~

"Ah..." Lina said contently, sitting down next to Zel," So...how are you doing?"

Zel sighed," Fine...just fine..."

"Still moping for a cure..." Lina said.

"Maybe...this new continent could hold my cure..." Zel said, with a distant gleam in his eyes.

"You know, you could ask Sakura if she has anything that might help..." Lina suggested.

"Her? Well..." Zel said, stuttering a bit.

"Don't be shy! I know her well by now, she'll be glad to help! Go ask her!" Lina said encouragedly, slapping him on the back, but regretting it soon after.

Zel chuckled as he stood up and Lina smiled sheepishly," I forgot..."

~~~~

As Zel walked towards where Sakura and Syaoran were talking...he thought it was nice to have some people who forgot that he was a chimera...Lina and Amelia did that at times, Lina mostly and Gourry couldn't help but forget...

"Um...Sakura?" Zel called.

"Hmmm? What is it?" Sakura asked, as she looked down at him from her spot on the roof.

"I was wondering...might you have anything that could cure me from this body?" Zel asked.

"I think I do..." Sakura said," come on! We'll check it out."

Sakura said that as she hopped down from the roof, Syaoran close behind her.

~~~~

"Let me see...Windy couldn't do that..." Sakura muttered. They were all seated around the table, where Sakura laid down her cards in two stacks, ones that could cure Zel and ones that couldn't.

At last, she picked up the small, very small pile of cards in the 'can cure' pile. Zel's hopes grew.

"But these can only be temporary." Syaoran reminded. Zel's hope dropped somewhat...but so what, he could at least be in human form for some time.

"Well...there's Earase...a bit of hope there...Illusion too...Time card, small small hope...and I might be able to try and use Change card in a different way...then there's Create, don't think it'll work, but let's try...and there's Return and I guess that's it..." Sakura said.

"Wow...so many choices..." Zel muttered," Which one do you think will work best?"

"Um...Earase, Change, Create and Return cards..." Sakura said.

"That narrows down to four choices..." Zel said and went into thought mode.

Some minutes passed and Zel continued to stare at the cards, then he picked his finger up and pointed to one...Earase..." That one..."

"Okay...are you really sure...?" Sakura asked," This will only last about two or three days...my magic isn't strong enough to keep this card released for so long...But it will only start to tire me out on the fourth day, since my magic has gotten lots stronger, but three days since I don't want to risk anything..."

"Agreed." Zel said.

~~~~

Everybody gathered round...curious to see what Zel would look like as human.

"Are you sure about this, Zel?" Lina asked.

"I am...this is my only chance to ever look human again, and have my normal body..." Zel said. Lina looked like she wanted to complain more, but didn't say anything.

"This is just temporary, right?" Amelia asked Sakura. Sakura nodded, staff in hand.

"No fair! Zel gets his cure and I don't!" Xellos pouted.

"Zel.." Gourry stated and everybody turned, thinking he might say something intelligent," are you going to quit your mazoku ways and become a human?"

And of course, he doesn't.

"BAKA!" Lina screamed as she hit over the head," That's Zel not Xellos! Xellos is over there!"

"Oh yeah..." Gourry said dumbly and everybody sweatdropped.

"Okay..let's begin..." Syaoran said, still sweatdropping. 'Man, this group is WEIRD...How was Sakura able to put up with this?'

"Earase card! Earase the stones that cover Mr.Zelgadis's body and turn his body back to normal. Earase!" Sakura hit the card with her staff, and Earase swirled around Zel's body.

Everybody covered their eyes as a bright light flashed and subsided.

There in the place of Zel, stood a very human looking Zel. He opened his eyes and stared down at his hands," It worked."

A small smile crept up on his face and threatened to get bigger, it did.

"It worked!" Zel shouted.

Everybody stared. And blinked.

Zel tapped his foot impatiently,"Isn't anyone going to congratulate me? Or at least say a good word or two?"

"Wow...Mr.Zelgadis, you look so handsome!" Amelia was the first to say, blushing all the while.

"Pretty cool looking, with that smile too." Lina added.

"You're the most handsomest guy, I've seen yet...like a hero!" Amelia said again.

"I must admit, you do look pretty stunning..." Xellos said with a nod.

"That's right! Every word that I don't know that means cool and handsome is what you are..." Gourry said.

"Gourry, that was really nice..." Lina said," I didn't know you could say those kinds of nice things, it was sort of intelligent..."

Zel waved his hand, blushing from the compliments.

~~~~

"So, Zel...what are you going to do now?" Lina asked. Lina, Amelia and Zel were on the left side of the ship, leaning against the rails. It was only an hour since he became human...

Gourry was sleeping, Xellos was reading, Sakura and Syaoran were together, as always, this time Sakura was a reading a book to Syaoran. It was quiet.

"Just enjoy it for the time being..." Zel said, still smiling, only a small smile.

There was silence, as the trio looked out into the sea.

"Well...I'm going to see if Xellos's book is interesting...maybe ask him if he has a old magic book or something..." Lina said as she went to find Xellos.

There was akward silence between Zel and Amelia.

"Do you want to go to someplace high? It's really fun!" Amelia finally said.

Zel thought that over before nodding," Sure...it's a good windy day in the sea...Just no justic speeches or singing."

Amelia pouted," Fine."

~~~~

As the night came on, and the stars shone brightly, everybody was inside. All of them had to sleep in the same room...the boys on one side, the girls on the other. It had only turned to night an hour ago, but nobody was sleepy. It was just too exciting a journey, and they still had some energy. They were all dressed in their night clothes. Luckily, it was a good sized ship and had many rooms. It was a passenger ship or something like that...it was mostly not for cargo, but for passengers'. Also, this ship took people on vacation on some island of the outside world, so there were two dressing rooms...okay! let's just get back to the story...

"This is boring!" Lina shouted.

"I still have some energy left...and I think everybody else does...except Gourry..." Amelia said. Gourry was the only one asleep.

"Hey! I've got an idea!" Lina exclaimed," This isn't a cloudy night...and I bet the stars are really bright out in the ocean!"

"Yeah! We can go stargazing!" Sakura agreed," Maybe even see a shooting star and such..."

"I've never stargazed..." Xellos muttered.

"It's fun, Xellos! Since you're human now...it would be nice. The sky is so calm and peaceful and stars so bright." Amelia said.

"I agree..." Zel said.

"But we have to take a blanket with us...the storage room has a lot. So we could lay down...bring a pillow too!" Sakura suggested," You're coming too, ne Syaoran-kun?"

Syaoran nodded," Yeah. It would be nice."

"Then it's settled. Stargazing outside. Everybody who wants to go say 'Hai!"

Everbody in the room except the sleeping Gourry said 'Hai!'

~~~~

Now they were all settled down . All of them were on different parts of the ship. Xellos and Lina on one part since Xellos wanted to get away from the happy-happy people for a while. Sakura and Syaoran were together, they were counting this as their first date. Amelia was on the roof of the cabin and Zel was somewhere near Xellos and Lina, who were both by the steering wheel, on hight ground then Zel.

"This isn't so bad, now is it, Xellos?" Lina asked. She was laying leaning against the railing," What about you, Zel? You enjoying this?"

"Who wouldn't?" Zel called back.

"I'm quite content too." Xellos said. He was lying down, watching the sky.

Lina yawned and went over to sit down on her blanket which was close to Xellos's.

Sakura was leaning on Syaoran. She was sleepy and so was he...

"...hey look! A shooting star!" Sakura cried out and pointed. Syaoran saw it just in time.

"You're supposed to make a wish..." Syaoran said.

"That's right...let's see...I got one!" Sakura said and closed her eyes, thinking of it.

"What was it?" Syaoaran asked.

"When it comes true, I'll tell you." Sakura said. Syaoran pouted.

"But I thought I was your boyfriend..." Syaoran said. Sakura giggled.

"You look so cute like that! I wish I had a camera right now..." Sakura said. Syaoran blushed.

"Are you starting to turn into Tomoyo...?" Syaoran asked in fake shock.

"Maybe I AM Tomoyo...maybe you fell for the wrong person..." Sakura replied.

Syaoran hugged her," Even if I did, I'd still love you..."

"That's sweet...I never knew you had this side of you..." Sakura said.

"Well you do now...you always bring out the best in me." Syaoran said.

"And you're always there to protect me..." Sakura said back..

"WOULD YOU TWO LOVE BIRDS QUIT IT!! I CAN FEEL ALL SICK OVER HERE!! AND BEING AT SEA DOESN'T HELP!" They heard Xellos yell," ARE YOU HOLDING A CONTEST TO SEE WHO IS THE MOST ROMANTIC IN THE RELATIONSHIP, OR WHAT?! IT'S MAKING ME SICK!!"

"Quit it Xellos! I think it's sweet!" Amelia yelled back.

"Just let the couple do what they want..." Zel muttered.

"And besides...aren't you human?" Lina asked.

"I am, but it's still sickening...Life is horrible!" Xellos whined.

"Mr.Xellos!" Amelia scolded," Life is wonderful! Repeat tha-"

"Would you quiet it?! I'm trying to be calm for a change and you two argueing isn't helping!" Lina shouted.

"That's rude! Miss Lina! You shouldn't interrupt people!" Amelia scolded.

Sakura sighed," There they go again..."

"Is that normal?" Syaoran asked.

Sakura nodded," I've got an idea. Let's have that most romantic competition that Xellos thought we were having...just not too near him."

"Alright...fine..."Syaoran said.

"LOOK EVERYBODY!!" They heard Xellos yell," What's that?"

They all turned to see a shower of shooting stars. Sparkles were filling the air, like snowflakes.

"Sugoi..." Sakura said as she stood up. Syaoran looked on in wonder.

"It must happen at this part of the ocean..." Zel murmured.

"It's beautiful..." Lina breathed.

"That's so cool..." Amelia whispered," It's pretty...Too bad Mister Gourry is missing this..."

"Jellyfish brains? He won't even remember this..." Lina muttered," But I'm still going to have fun!"

"Come on!" Sakura cried as she grabbed Syaoran's hands and they twirled around, like they did after Sakura won the final judgement.

Lina leaned against the railing, just content with watching. So was Zel.

Amelia levitated to the highest place and watched it all from there.

Xellos just watched, wondering how happiness felt...

Yep...that was a good night.

~~~~

The next morning, they all slept in...all of them now inside the ship. Some of them were going to get headaches from last night. Mostly just Xellos, from the happiness, but not a big one. Sakura and Syaoran since they probably spun around too much. And Amelia, since she fell of the poll she was standing on...but Zel had caught her, but she still hit some things on the way down. It was a fun night for them...

Gourry awoke and looked around, expecting to see everybody else awake and outside...but they were all fast asleep. Even Zel was still asleep. Thinking that he actually woke up early...he went back to sleep.

~~~~

"Ohayo..." Sakura and Lina said as they entered the dining room. They were the last ones up...even Gourry had awaken the second time before them.

Lina sat down and stretched. She took the seat between Zel and Gourry. Sakura had taken the seat between Xellos and Syaoran.

"I hope we still have lots and lots of food left..." Lina said.

"We do..." Xellos said," The storage room had boxes full of food. So you don't need to worry...and I have a bag full of them."

Lina sighed in content," This is the life..."

"It sure is..." Zel said as he leaned back in his chair.

"You're a happy fool this morning..." Lina said.

Zel sighed," I'm just happy with my body..."

"But you have only two more days left in it." Sakura reminded.

"Well-" Zel was about to say more when a huge splash was heard.

"What was that?!" Everybody stood up and dashed for the door, Lina and Gourry grabbing a chicken wing on the way out.

As they got outside, they saw there was a huge sea dragon splashing around by a whirlpool. It looked like the sea dragon was trying to escape from the whirlpool. But they were heading straight for it!

"Zel! Grab the steering wheel! Gourry, since you can't fly, stay here as backup! Amelia and Syaoran, you both try to make the ship turn by casting some wind spells at the sails! Xellos, Sakura and me will try to kill that dragon!" Lina ordered.

"No!" Sakura screamed, everybody turned to her," We mustn't hurt that dragon! I doesn't mean us harm at the moment. It's just a poor defenseless dragon!"

"That's right! We must help the dragon in the name justice!" Amelia agreed.

"Fine, fine..." Lina muttered," Let's go!"

Xellos and Lina cast ray wing while Sakura used the Fly card.

"Wings...wow...cool!" Lina flashed Sakura the thumbs up and then flew ahead.

"Be careful Sakura!" Syaoran yelled.

"I will! Don't worry about us! We have Gourry to back us up!" Sakura shouted back.

"Be careful!" They heard Gourry yell.

As they flew closer, Lina started to think...

"How can we get it out...Sakura! Do you know anything? Can any of your cards do it?" Lina demanded.

"Bomd De Wind!" They heard Amelia shouted from behind. It was followed shortly be Syaoran's own wind spell.

"Let me think..." Sakura said.

"HURRY UP!" Lina nearly screamed.

"Yare, yare...there's no need to rush...I'll hold the whirlpool and dragon still..." Xellos said.

"Why can't you just hold the whirlpool still?" Lina asked.

"It's rather difficult...there are complications..."Xellos said.

"THAT'S IT! Holding still!" Sakura cried and took out the Time card," Time can hold the whirlpool still while the dragon escapes!"

"GO SAKURA!" Lina cheered and Xellos released his hold on the whirpool.

"Time card! Freeze the whirpool! Time!" Sakura chanted.

The whirlpool froze and the dragon dived into the water and escaped.

Time unfroze and everybody sighed in relief.

"WE DID IT!" They heard shouts from the boat as they passed by the whirlpool.

"One problem solved..." Lina muttered as they flew back towards the boat. But the dragon reappeared before Lina and licked it's lips.

"Fresh meat..." They heard it say as it eyed them hungrily.

"What were you saying that this is a poor helpless dragon?" Lina angrily asked Sakura. Sakura laughed nervously.

"Lina!" Xellos pushed himself and Lina out of the way as the dragon tried to grab them.

"Thanks..." Lina murmured before the dragon tried again. Xellos gathered Lina into his arms and dodged.

"Xellos! Put me down!" Lina nearly screamed, blushing.

"Do you really want me to let you go and drop you into the ocean?" Xellos asked, teasingly," Besides, I've got a plan..."

"AHH!" Sakura screamed as she nearly dodged the dragon's claws.

"SAKURA!!" Xellos yelled," Try to distract it! Lina will try to kill it with one spell!"

"right! Shot card!" Sakura unleashed the card.

~~~~

"In thy great name..." Lina chanted. She was standing on Xellos's shoulders...

"DRAGON SLAVE!!"

The Shot card returned to card form, as Lina's spell hit it.

"Victory!!" Lina said, flashing the V sign.

~~~~

Lina, Xellos and Sakura landed on the deck, but saw that Zel, Amelia and even Gourry had a horrified expression. Lina realized her mistake and her face fell.

"Not again..." She muttered.

"Miss Lina...do you know what you've done?!" Amelia screeched.

"What did she do?" Syaoran asked, and then his eyes widened and he started stuttering as he saw what was coming up behind them.

"1...2...3..." Lina counted and on three everybody screamed," TSUNAMI!!!"

"Yep! Here it comes!" Lina said.

"AHHHH!!" They all screamed and tried to hand unto something as the gigantic wave hit.

A:N Had to end it there...if I don't get a writer's block, the next chapter might be up in about three days...and also....

PLEASE REVIEW!!!