Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Yami no Kenzoku ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Oh dear... to keep up with demands of to not let anyone more be confused and with my sister's nagging me across the country be email, plus, classes... updating would be real hard... I hoped I could get a laptop soon... and… what more should I want?


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hmm... Atemu would be my cousin?! Wahahaha... and Seto would be MINE!!! lol...

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

WARNING: If you don't like fairytale jokes... please be prepared for one!! Wakakakakakaaa... and why suddenly I wanted to watch Kamen Rider Ryuki? Hmm.... coz I can't find those Kamen Rider Black movies?


Previously on Darkness Arising...

'...wonder if things should have gone that way...' (Yugi)

Yugi and Kaiba were now contemplating their past history together and Yugi started to wonder on his supposedly new destiny and future... Meanwhile, back in the real world, Jyounouchi, Mokuba and Shizuka were taken by surprise at the sudden twist of fates. Is there a chance for the two renowned duelists to recover from their rest?

'...and do you still want to keep on living like this?' (Atemu)

And stay tuned to this channel as we follow the next adventure of.... wakakakakaa... sorry can't help!! So, since we left, our two main characters are trying again to get back to their bodies in the real world with the help of their Egyptian selves... Will they succeed? Or is the situation would be worse in Tomoeda as we speak...? Next, in Darkness Arising... DUEL, STAND BY!!

Yami no Kenzoku

Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

Day 9, 7:30 a.m, Tomoeda...

'Uwaaaa----!', yawned Sakura as she lazily rose up from the bed. 'Oh! It's morning!! Man... I gonna be late for school!!', cried Sakura as she dashed of towards the bathroom. Kero opened his eyes slowly as he stared at the direction of the window. 'Waa--i, it's still dark... There's no way you're gonna be--', he said as he saw Sakura's alarm clock. The sun guardian jumped in shock as he saw the time. 'What?! 7.30? It shouldn't be this dark at this time--!!', cried Kero as Sakura reentered her room and readied herself for school in hurry...

--

Sakura dashed into the schoolyard as she stopped to notice the strange darkness that had started to envelope to whole city. She looked around her as some of the other students had also started to wonder about this startling phenomenon...

'What WAS this darkness--? Is someone playing a prank?', whispered Sakura to herself as she passed a number of students to find Shaoran and Tomoyo.

/No... Oh, no... This is not a prank. This is to show you what kind of power I have.../

Sakura paused suddenly as she turned towards the voice. A shadow moved as she thought she saw a handsome lad staring at him hatefully before vanishing away from her sight! Sakura gasped as she tried to follow the shadow before it was gone.

'Sakura!!' Sakura turned around rapidly to find Tomoyo running towards her. But suddenly, darkness swallows everything... and all of the students screamed in fear as everyone started to call on each other in desperation...

/Hahaha... look on how pitiful these powerless youngsters looked!! A little of darkness... and all they can do was to flee in fear.../

Sakura frowned as she scowled at the direction of the voice. 'Who are you?!! What do you want?!', she shouted as no other replies was heard. Frustrated, she pulled out her locket and started to summon her powers...

'By the powers of the new star, I, Sakura... summons you.. RELEASE!!!', she cried as the locket transformed onto a magical staff. Sakura immediately pulled out a card from her bag and flicked it in front of her. 'Light!!', cried Sakura as she touched the end of the rod towards the Sakura card. The dark realm around her started to fade as light pierced through the cloak of darkness. Sakura skipped aside as people started to see their surroundings...

'Sleep!!', she cried again as she activated the card's power. Sleep overcame the people around her as Shaoran dashed towards her, Tomoyo nearby as the girl lay asleep on a bench.

'Sakura!!', shouted the boy as both of them heard someone snicker at them. /Haha... was your power only as strong as this? You shouldn't have been the one to keep the Clow Cards.. You should hand them to me!!/

Sakura and Shaoran turned around them as they saw a man hovering a few feet over them, looking down on them in contempt. The man was wearing a half-mask, which covered half of his face. His dark blue hair fluttered with the winds as his lips tightened with suppressed hatred. And his piercing hazel eyes shot at them as his hands clenched into fists.

'You're wrong!! Sakura was the rightful owner of the cards!! And the cards has already been converted and belonged to her-', countered Shaoran as he stood before Sakura. 'And I know you... I saw you before!! You were the one that had attacked us before... and were you, responsible also for the appearance of the Duel Monsters creatures to this city-?'

The masked man merely smirk at her as Sakura's eyes widened at the realization. 'So you were the one... Of what happened to Yugi-san- Why?! Why did you do this-?!', cried Sakura as the man laughed heartily. 'Why-? I do not have to answer this to you... And those two would pose a threat to me, which would ruin my plans so to speak. And since all of us has got to know each other... I guess it's not so rude to ask this of you then. Now give up your cards to me!!', he barked as he saw Sakura and Shaoran's face. 'Not?! I knew you'd say that. That's why I intended to do this...', he cried as he waved his hand over their direction.

Shaoran stared at his gestures; confused before realizing that Sakura had suddenly started to choke. 'Sakura-!!', he gasped as he saw shadows started to wrap themselves around her. 'SAKURA!!', he cried again as he tried to get to her but gasped when he passed through the other side of the dark void. 'What the-', he whimpered as suddenly he felt his heart in pain.

'Sakura... was hurting inside...', he gasped as he knelt over in pain...

--

A flash of pain shot through his heart as Touya started to park his bicycle at the university's parking lot. Yukito glanced at him as he noticed Touya's sudden move. 'Daijoubu ka... Touya-kun?!', cried Yukito as Touya grabbed his arm. 'Sakura... she's in trouble!! Go find her!! I'll come by...', gasped Touya as Yukito transformed into Yue.

'Go!!', cried Touya urgently as Yue flew towards Sakura's school...

--

'SAKURA!!', cried Shaoran as he tried to ram into the dark void... only to yelp in surprise as he passed right through it to the other side. Shaoran frowned as he tried to swing his sword against the void and jumped as his sword emerged back at him at the opposite direction!! 'What IS this trickery!!?', gasped Shaoran as he pulled back his sword. The enemy laughed as Shaoran stood powerless over the dark void that has swallowed Sakura in.

'What... can I do?!', gasped Shaoran in despair...

'Everything that has the origins of the shadow realms powers are related to DM. Since you can only fight magic with magic, I will do this to counter!! Mahou CARD hachido! Remove Trap!!', exclaimed someone as the dark void dissipated rapidly. Sakura collapsed to the ground as Shaoran caught her deftly.

'Who dares to defy me-?!!', cried the enemy as the newcomer jumped away from view and stood in front of Sakura and Shaoran...

'Sakura!! Daijoubu desu ka?', gasped Shaoran with concern as Sakura opened her eyes weakly. 'I... okay...', she gasped weakly as Shaoran turned his attention towards the enemy... and towards their savior.

Mana tightened her grip on her rod as she directed it towards the enemy. A duel disk was fastened on her arm as she prepared for another attack. 'I won't let you use the dark powers of the shadow realms for your own satisfaction!!', she hollered as Kuriboh emerged beside her. The enemy smirked as he summoned a monster.

'What could you do... you puny witch!! Nothing can stand before my will!!', he growled as his dark dragon conjured a fireball towards them. Mana gasped as her gaze became wary again. 'Hahaha... I maybe a mere DM spirit to you, but I inherited my master's duelist soul!! MONSTER o shoukan! Iideyo... Kuriboh-chan!! Soshite, mahou CARD o hachido!! Proliferation!!', she shouted as Kuriboh multiplied in front of her and became their shield against the dark dragon's attack.

The enemy frowned at them as Mana grinned at Kuriboh's work. 'Yatta, Kuriboh-chan!!', she cheered as the little furry ball squeaked happily at her. Mana then flicked opened a magic card and activated it using her duel disk. 'Six-pointed stars spell! Seal the dark dragon's power!!', she cried as the spell reduced the dragon's attack power. Mana used her magic to destroy it as the man flinched over the impact. Dark Dragon shattered into million pieces...

The enemy suddenly laughed. 'Oh dear me... I forgot!! You were one of Mutou's soul cards... certainly you'll inherit his dueling prowess. But there's nothing you can do to me now!! As long as I had this, those two duelist will not be able to return to their original body!!', he cried as he pulled out a crystal statue from his cloak...

--

Mokuba frowned as nothing more had happened after their brief shock, early this morning. 'Oh man... was the incident this morning a mirage? Why nothing is happening to nii-sama now?! Nii-sama, please show me a sign that you're hearing me right now!!', cried Mokuba as Jyounouchi placed a hand on his shoulder. Mokuba sighed heavily...

'Onii-san... can you accompanied Mokuba-kun outside?', said Shizuka as Mokuba stared at her in surprise. 'Wha-!!? I'm okay... Shizuka-san!! I don't need to-'

'Mokuba had been up late since last night... you must be really tired. You should take a time to loosen up a bit. I knew... Seto-sama would not want you to make yourself sick at the time like this...', she said as Mokuba sighed.

'Okay... but if anything happened, call us immediately..', said Mokuba as Jyounouchi nodded at her.

'Un!!', said Shizuka as the two of them walked out of the room..

--

'What do you mean-?!', cried Mana, Sakura and Shaoran as the enemy chuckled. '-does sealing their souls inside the Shadow Realm was YOUR doing!!?', cried Mana in anger as she clenched her fist. 'Correct... and as long as this thing is in my hand, that seal will never be lifted over them!! And the longer they stayed over there... the higher the chances for their souls to die!! When that happens... none of you could stop me!!'

'Soitsu wa dokana? Then, by destroying this... your plans WILL fail!! Black Magic!!', exclaimed Black Magician as he forced the crystal off the enemy's hand with his magic. But strangely enough... the crystal did not break!!

'What?!!', exclaimed Mahado as the man chuckled. 'No one takes the upper hand over me!! I, Ashraf, won't let you do so!! That crystal was strengthen by a strong spell!! No one could break it... not even you all... duel monsters!!!', he cried as he started to walk over the fallen item.

'Therefore... I used this ritual card to power up my master!! Oshishou-sama, ikuyo!', cried Mana as she draw a card from her duel disk and insert it into the magic/trap card slot. 'Chaos Ritual Magic hachido!! I offer two dark monster as a tribute!! Iideyo... Magician of Black Chaos!!', she cried again as Black Magician and Kuriboh flew over the altar and Mahado was powered up into Magician of Black Chaos!!

'Oshishou-sama!!', cried Mana as Ashraf picked up the fallen crystal and looked at her angrily. Mana nodded her head towards her teacher as Mahado slung his rod over Mana's. 'Receive this!! Double Black Magic!!', shouted Mana as both beams twirled towards the enemy and struck the man squarely. Ashraf held the crystal before him as he tried to put up a shield. But the combined powers of both magicians was too powerful for him and the crystal shattered, leaving him to receive the full blast of the black magic attack.

Ashraf keeled over as he used his last strength to open up a portal behind him. 'You might have won this time, but I'll be back even more powerful... next time!!', he barked as the man disappeared into nothingness...

Mana knelt over Sakura as the girl had started to recover. 'Are you okay... Sakura-san?', she gasped as Sakura nodded her head. 'I'm fine... thanks to Shaoran and you...', she gasped as she looked at Shaoran, gratefully. And then she turned her glance towards Mahado. 'But what about Yugi-san?! What will happen to him now?!', she gasped as Mana voiced her concerns over the matter too.

Mahado looked towards the sky as he muttered slowly. 'They will be alright. The last thing I saw before coming here to help you, was that he and Seto had started to perform the spell to return to their own bodies... with the help of Pharaoh and Priest Seth. And since, the seal was lifted... they probably succeeded in doing the spell..'

'Un...', sighed Mana as she noticed that people around them had started to wake up. '-and we'd better go. Take care, you two!!', she chirped as she and Mahado disappeared before their very eyes...

Shaoran helped Sakura up as they looked around for their friends. Sakura dashed towards Tomoyo as the girl had already awakened. 'What... happened?', gasped Tomoyo as Yamazaki woke up from the nearby fountain. The dazed boy jumped away, startled. 'Whoaa!!! What am I doing... sleeping beside the fountain?! Thank goodness I don't get wet!!', he cried as Tomoyo, Sakura and Shaoran laughed at him...

--

Shizuka hummed to herself as she started to straightened up the sheets and rearranging the flowers. She smiled weakly at the clusters of crane origamis that she had placed at the side table. She turned her glance towards her beloved as she kissed his forehead. 'You will certainly be fine again. Nothing bad will ever happen to you... or Yugi-san...', she whispered as suddenly Seto popped his eyes open and sat up on the bed!!

Shizuka gasped in shock as her cheeks started to flush red. 'Seto... Seto-sama!! You... woke up!!', she stuttered as Seto glanced towards his hands. 'I'm back... this is really true! Shizuka!!', he gasped as he hugged Shizuka tightly. 'I'm back... I really am back...', he muttered again as tears started to form in Shizuka's eyes.

'Yes... thank goodness!!', sighed Shizuka as Seto glanced towards Yugi in confusion. Shizuka let go of him as she too felt surprised that Yugi did not wake up too... as Yugi's form was rigid and showed no signs that he was still alive...

--

--

--

TBC

...and what happened to Yugi? Wahahaha... a cliffie, until I got some decent reviews!! Lol...

In the next chapter of Darkness Arising... Duel STANDBY!!

insert the usual theme here


az: Hahaha.... done finally!! I mean... it's been only two weeks and I'm fully drained out!! No wonder... my resident college and my campus was so far away, having separated afar by some of the steepest hills!! Man... life is so gravity-related... Why on earth gravity was so mean to me... TT

Well... this is my update!! And why on earth I like to do this... my other fics are practically screaming for my help. Wahahaa... someday... Ideas don't come easily, and my moods are jumpy... why on earth no more review come for those fics? lol....

A/N: Revision done. Five more... Duel STAND BY!!