Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Sudden Death ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hmm..hmm... I got into a real life race car!!! Whoa...man... hopefully I can get a copy of that pic.... ^-^ Ok... where am I? Oh!! hehehehe.... the continuation of Darkness Arising.... Duel... STANDBY!!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hoho... I will be the next racer that rivaled Michael Schumacher himself!!! Huahahahah.... Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

WARNING: Not suitable to ppl who are prone to receiving heart attacks on the spot of reading cliffhangers... Apologies can be found at the emd of this message.... NOT!! Huahahahah....


Sudden Death

Written by Azzie/Az .@. Alienna Azuani .@. Yami Azzie

Kaiba Seto slowly walked out of his bed... (And nope...!! Both of them ARE wearing their pajamas!!! No hentai-ness!!) ...followed by Shizuka behind him. A feeling of dread washed all over himself as Seto tried to brush away some evil thoughts that was forming inside his head...

'Yugi... wake up...! Don't scare me like this...!!', croaked himself as he placed his hands on Yugi's and felt for his vital signs. It was very weak... not enough to soothe the anxiety of the aforementioned corporate prodigy...

'Yugi!!', shouted Seto as he checked Yugi's heartbeat and breathing. His own heart felt as if it had almost stop as he realized the situation. Seto looked up towards Shizuka anxiously as he tried to push the emergency button, to call for the doctor. But strangely... the alarm system didn't seem to work---!

Seto felt his heart raced like nothing before!! 'Shizuka--!! Hurry and try calling the doctor!! I... I tried to do what I can!!', gasped Seto frantically as he tried to do CPR on Yugi... Yugi's heart had almost stopped beating... and he didn't breathe...

Shizuka nodded hurriedly as she dashed outside towards the doctors quarters...

Seto lifted Yugi's neck to the right position as he blew some air into his mouth. 'Yugi... please... don't give up on me!!', hissed Seto under his breath as he put some pressure on Yugi's chest!!

'Breathe... damn it! Yugi... please!!!', he gasped again as he inhaled some air...

--

'Doctor!!', gasped Shizuka as she found him at the nurse's station. Doctor Souma and his assistant looked sideways towards her as she frantically called for their attention. 'What---'

'We need your help--!!', Shizuka gasped as she pulled the doctor's hand with her. It so happened that Jyounouchi, Mokuba and Anzu were walking towards the station. (Anzu happened to come to visit at this moment...) Jyounouchi stared at his sister in surprise as they ran up towards her.

'Shizuka!! What are you doing here?!! Aren't you supposed to look after--'

'No mind that!! Yugi-san--- Seto-sama was trying to revive... Doctor please!!!', mumbled Shizuka hysterically as the doctor started to understand the situation and hurried along with her. Jyounouchi and Mokuba were shaken as they realized what Shizuka was trying to say and the three of them rushed, along with her. Jyounouchi's face fell as he feared for the worst...

'Yugi...!!', he gasped with worry...

--

Seto continued doing his recovery techniques as nothing seemed to have taken effect. Yugi had still yet showing signs that he was okay... and Seto won't be giving up any time now. Luckily, help arrived just as he had almost given up hope...

Doctor Souma annd his nurse rushed inside as he started pulling out his tools and started to revive Yugi. After doing the neccessary checkups and the recovery techniques, the doctor had resorted to using the electric shock to force Yugi's heart to beat. But after numerous efforts... nothing was achieved. Doctor Souma shook his head as he lifted the covers to cover Yugi's form. 'I'm sorry... but it seemed...'

Jyounouchi, Anzu and Mokuba opened their mouths to protest but before anything happened, Seto pushed the doctor aside roughly to the floor!! 'Baka!! Yugi-kun can't DIE!! He wasn't supposed to!! He can't!! I--', Seto suddenly lifted Yugi's body to a sitting position as he himself sat on the bedside. '--right?! You said so... before we got out of 'that' world... You won't lie to me... WON'T YOU??!!', cried Seto as he shook Yugi repeatedly.

Mokuba stepped closer towards his brother as he felt his whole body go numb...

'Nii-sama...'

'Baka... after I tried so hard to save you that night-- THERE'S NO WAY I'M LETTING YOU DIE!!! NOT AFTER WE KNEW THE CULPRIT-'

Doctor Souma rose from the floor to calm Seto down. 'Seto-sama... there's nothing you can do... He's-'

'SHUT UP OR I FIRE YOU!!!', shouted Seto as Yugi's sennen locket glowed dimly, unseen by everyone. The doctor froze as Jyounouchi and Anzu gasped in surprise. Hey... it's not like everyday you can see Seto loses his cool...

'Kaiba, calm down...', Jyounouchi's voice shook as he realised that he was actually saying this. Hey... your best buddy was about to be pronounced dead... what were you thinking.... Jyounouchi?!

Seto glared at Jyounouchi as he spoke nothing. '... just keep it... bonkutsu. I hadn't the mood--'

'It's okay, Seto... I heard you... loud and clear...'

Everyone gasped suddenly as Seto turned his glance back towards Yugi. Anzu inhaled some air as she collapsed to the floor, Shizuka beside to support her. Jyounouchi staggered towards the side of the wall as he couldn't believe this miracle...

... Yugi was opening his eyes slowly as he tried to give Kaiba-kun a smile. 'I... heard... just can't...' Seto choked by his own sobs as he lunged to hug him tightly. Tears flowed like rain from his eyes as he ignored them, only focusing on holding his best friend... and if possible in this life... his cousin. Seto sobbed as he ran his hand over Yugi's hair...

'Baka... you almost made me lose my heart!! I thought you really kicked the bucket-'

Yugi blinked in confusion as he felt a rush of feelings radiating from Seto. He glanced towards the people behind them as he noticed the same anxious and relieved faces... and slowly understood the meaning of Seto's sentence.

Yugi pulled away from Seto's embrace as he felt his strength gradually returning to him. He snickered as he spotted some stray tears on Seto's cheeks. 'You really... cried... for me?!', asked Yugi cautiously as Seto hastily wiped the tears away from his face. 'Wha--at?!! I didn't cry, you stupid!!', denied Seto as his voice shook, despite his words. Jyounouchi sniffed as he patted Seto's shoulder.

'I thought... that was the end too...', said Jyou as Yugi smiled weakly at him. 'I understand... I'm glad too that I could still see your face--', said Yugi as he grabbed Jyou's hand. He turned his glance towards Kaiba. '--anyway, they still needed our help. There's no way I could let Ashraf do what he wants... that's why I won't die so easily...', said Yugi again as Seto nodded his head.

'Yeah... I seemed to forgot that--', he muttered as Mokuba walked beside Jyounouchi and gave Yugi a brief hug. Yugi cocked his head a little as he reminded Seto. 'And you also forgot about another--', he said as he nudged Mokuba towards his brother,

Seto smiled weakly as he opened his arm towards Mokuba. '...how could I forget someone so important?', he said as Mokuba lunged into Seto's arms. 'Nii-sama!!', gasped Mokuba as Seto held him tightly. 'Silly... your nii-sama is alright... and you're a big boy already. Shuuuush... don't cry anymore...', whispered Seto softly as Mokuba kept clinging onto him.

Shizuka slowly walked beside them as Jyounouchi backed away to give her more room. She pulled Mokuba away a little as she shrugged towards her boyfriend. 'Mokuba has been moping a lot about you...', she said as Mokuba gave him a nervous glance. Seto smirked as he patted Mokuba's head fondly. He smiled as he glanced towards her. 'Thanks... for looking after Mokuba for me...'

Shizuka shook her head shyly as she brushed the remarks away. 'It's nothing...', she said as the doctor and the nurse excused themselves away. She sighed as suddenly, something rang. The ringtone with the theme of 'Eyes' filled the silence of the room...

Yugi gasped as he recognized his own ringtone. 'Give it to me...', said Seto as he rose to grab the phone from Jyounouchi. The latter was about to protest as Seto answered the phone. 'Unh... hello? Bakura...?! Why... It's been so long, why did you call right now--', he said as Anzu grabbed the phone from him. Seto looked at her awkwardly as Yugi half-expected her to give back the phone to him. It never occurred to him that she would instead placed her arms on her sides...

She suddenly lifted the phone towards her ear. And then...

'Sorry, Bakura-kun... Yugi and Kaiba-kun had just recovered from their coma... er, yes... I know... but they needed to rest right now.. thanks... please call later...', she said as she switched the phone off. Seto grimaced as the girl gave them a satisfied grin. 'Why'd you have to do that? I just-'

'You two needed to rest!! So be a good patient and take your medicine!!', she barked as she placed a pill on each of their hands and gave them a glass of water. Now, Anzu continued staring at Seto and Yugi as both of them obediently took their medicine. 'So now what?!', said Seto as Anzu grinned at him. 'Now you two sleep and after that we'll probably get you two something to eat---'

'Who said I should obey your--', Seto was about to say as he suddenly felt drowsy and collapsed onto Mokuba's arms. Mokuba looked at her worriedly as Anzu winked at him. 'Don't worry... that was just a sleeping pill. So that we won't have a hard time watching over them. I believe that you guys were tired too... let's all rest, the danger has just passed...', she said as Mokuba nodded his head, while caring to place his brother on the bed with the help of Shizuka...

[TBC]


az: Okay… I'd like to write more…. But maybe for the next chapter. Till then… I hoped that everyone will be happy with this update…. And no!!! I'm not killing ANYONE…. See..? Yugi was alright… "looking at reviews" Oh!! We've got two new reviewers!! Thanks momocolady and Voakands for reading this… and reviewing… I appreciated this. And minna…. Thanks for atill rooting on me… and Amethyst Blossom… sorry!!! I had long since written a good cliffie… so… when I'm hyper… there will be a cliffie coming up!!! Lol…. And yes… "looking thoughtful like Yoda"… err, not it seems… yes, everything is… muahahahahah!!! And uh… before, I DID said that this was not the sequel to Lost Identity…. Well, I lied!! Changed my mind after I finished LI before… muahahaha… I tot it's better if I had a basis for a story… Though… DA is NOT a direct sequel to LI. I was planning to make a direct one-shot sequel right after the ending… when will it due…? I dunno… lol…

Wait till the sun do a boogey dance?!! No… just joking…. Hehehehe…