Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Hiiro no Tsuki ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hohohoho... I'm back?!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hoho... Hmm.. hmm... see me as the next Queen of the Moon Kingdom . Ja ne...

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

WARNING: If you're not so easy on understanding encrypted messages.... don't bother your head with it. Just read... and a Bazooka?! Hey, Jyounouchi... why did you... "Jou came in with Bazooka" Jou: I'm not in here!! I hate this chapter!! az, Seto & Yugi: "sweatdropped" Ne... Jou.. calm down...


Hiiro no Tsuki

Written by Azzie/Az .@. Alienna Azuani .@. Yami Azzie

P/S: And nah.... no reason on choosing this title..

Yue immediately transformed into Yukito as soon as he reached the schoolyard. 'Are--?', mumbled Yukito by himself as he was a little dazed over the change of scenery. '--when did I was sent here instead?!', he muttered as he noticed some young students walking around and with the disheveled scene before him as if some tornado had hit it. But any thoughts of it were gone the moment he saw signs of Sakura and the others. He immediately rushed over towards them...

'Sakura--!!', he called out as the three young teenagers looked up towards him. 'Are... Yukito-san? Why are you here--?', quipped Shaoran as he gently helped Sakura sit on a nearby bench. Yukito grinned at his own silliness as he tried to explain, scratching his head while at it. 'Hehe... I'm not sure actually, but the last thing I remembered was Touya worrying about Sakura and--', he said, noticing Sakura's condition, '--ee... Sakura!! Daijoubu desu ka?!', gasped Yukito as Sakura waved his concerns away.

'Daijoubu desu ne... Yukito-chan! I'm a little faint on the head... some strange thing had just happened here-- iyaa!! Nothing bad happens!!', cried Sakura as she saw Yukito's worried face. Yukito stared at her a moment and sighed as he straightened up again.

'Yokatta desu ne... I'll be glad to tell him this. Touya was really devastated!! He was acting a little strange just then.. and quickly asked me to check on you. Further mere, the other me was pretty worried too... He thought he was too late to save you...'

'...`kito-san...', gasped Sakura as she noticed his anxiety but then her eyes lighted up at the reminder of her brother. 'Aa... nii-chan!! Nii-chan... daijoubu desu ka!!', she cried as Yukito smiled weakly at her. 'Knowing that no harm was on you... I bet he'll be feeling fine. Ne... the bell was already ringing... You guys should get to school.. Ja!!', said Yukito as he dashed to the other side of the road, waving at them.

Tomoyo sighed as she rose from the bench. 'Right... Ikou?', she said as she held her hand towards Sakura.

'Un..', she said as Sakura held Shaoran's hand on the other. The three youngsters walked together into the school building and towards their class. Shaoran glanced towards his sides and frowned as he noticed that Sakura was looking grim.

'You okay?', he asked as Sakura nodded her head a little. '-I'm fine... just worried about Yugi-san and his other friend...'

Shaoran looked away and gave a long sigh, not in a depressing way but of optimistic thoughts...

'They'll be fine... and soon, they will join us to fight that insane Ashraf...', he said as the two girls nodded their heads at his statement...

--

Yugi sneezed as he continued giggling under his breath. Seto eyed him angrily as he stayed put on his own bed. It was only the two of them inside the room, everyone has gone to the first floor to eat. Since everyone assumed that their two patients were still asleep. Well... anyone could be wrong.... hehehee....

Yugi chuckled again as Seto's temper reached the heights of Mount Fuji ...

'Hey!! What was so funny?! Had that brief moment when no oxygen flow into your head made you go insane?', he quipped as Yugi turned at him, albeit so merrily. 'It was a little too strange for me to sum up about what happened a little while ago. I mean... hey, since when I became so important in your life?! That you'd CRY if something happens to me...? You... the arrogant guy I met long ago who once tried to kill me and my friends with your Death-T game?', said Yugi as he snuffed out a laugh under his breath.

Seto rolled his eyes at him. 'Must you keep repeating all that to me?! Anyway... I've changed... people... they DO changed after some time, haven't they? And what the hell was that girlfriend of yours?! Suddenly giving me orders like that... it's lucky that the effect of that sleeping pill was so weak. Probably already past its expiry date...'

'What?! Don't you say anything--', said Yugi as he realized Seto's hidden meaning. '-Aa... Anzu was NOT-- I... You know--', Yugi stuttered as Seto waved a finger at him.

'I know... you're with that tensai girl right? Well, it figures. Both of you were at the same heights- Hehehe, had you two kissed?'

Yugi's face turned red as he glared at Kaiba. '-Seto!!!', he gasped as Seto laughed at him. 'Really... you got so worked up as usual...', he said as Yugi's head blew a cloud of smoke to the air. '-and anyway... why on earth you didn't revive at the same time as me? I thought that something bad had happened...'

Seto frowned as he noticed that at the moment he said it, Yugi's expression has gone from cheery to sad. The latter frowned as he buried his head onto his fluffy pillow. '-ah... nothing happened...', he said softly in reply.

/I'm gonna miss you... very much/

Yugi quickly blinked away a tear that has started welling in his eyes as he remembered that brief period of time before he entered the dimension door that will transport him and Seto back to the real world...

'Hey, Yugi... Are you hearing me...?'

Please understand... neither of us could meet each other again...

Atemu-san...

--

[Several minutes ago, in the shadow realm (aka DM world)]

Yugi turned around as Seto already passed through the door. He grimaced as he saw Atemu, who looked almost about to break. He walked towards him as Seth silently watched them at their sides.

'What's the matter? I never thought that I'd see you cry in front of me...', said Yugi as he held Atemu by the shoulders. Atemu smirked as he wiped away the tears from his face. 'I did once before... when I thought I'd failed you by falling into Doma's trap, and losing you to them... I almost did when I was about to leave you... and everyone behind by entering the gate. But I was unprepared after I've got another chance to be with you... now!! I can't... I-', Atemu suddenly lunged forward and embraced Yugi tightly as if never wanting to let go.

'Sore wa... onegai!! Let me be the one crying right now...', whispered Atemu towards Yugi's ears as the latter felt his heart about to break. Yugi slowly nodded his head as he whispered back.

'I understand...', said Yugi as he remembered those moments in Egypt where he still remembered the feeling of being thorn between letting Atemu's soul free and wanting him to be always together with him. Back then, he knew that that was his duty as the one existing in the present. Such responsibility... that seem to keep haunting him till now...

'I know--', said Yugi as he pulled Atemu away. '--that feeling. I felt it before... But this is not truly goodbye, ne? Before this... when I was still in remorse over losing you forever, I started the chain of events that led me to living a life of illusions. But that was wrong, wasn't it? Anyway... because of that... and everything, I learned to become strong. More than before, and far more confident... like you. I had made a promise to you before... that I'll become stronger. And I did. Anyway... we will always have each other in our hearts, ne?'

On hearing this, a hint of a smile twinkled again over Atemu's charming face. 'Haii... itsumo!!', he said as Yugi nodded with him. 'And moreover, though it's hard for me to say it--'

And poor Seth was left in the dark as he tried in vain to catch whatever that Yugi was trying to say. But then again, Atemu seemed to have taken it very calmly on whatever was spoken...

Whatever that is... Seth felt no obligations of interrupting on their final exchange with each other...

Atemu sighed as he clutched Yugi's hands tightly. '--so you know it already, I should have guessed. But still... you could always count on us. Our spirit will always be with you in times of peril. And it's time to go... I bet our dear Seto was really worried by now...', he said as Yugi's eyes widen, for now he could clearly hear the faint sounds of Seto calling from the other side of the dimension door.

Yugi shrugged helplessly as he glanced towards Seth. 'I guess so... Then, farewell you two. And I will forget neither of any of you...', said Yugi as he turned towards the door.

'You keep on being strong... aibou!!', cried Atemu as one by one, the Duel Monsters which have served both Yugi and Atemu so faithfully all through the battles that they had faced; emerged around them as they bid Yugi farewell from the shadow realms...

'Yeah... you're the Pharaoh!! Keep on fighting for what you believe!!'

Yugi paused before the door and turned around towards Seth. He smirked. 'Seth-san... was that a compliment... or a plain statement?', he said as he stepped back into the door. 'Ja... arigato, minna!!', said Yugi as he waved goodbye. Seth smiled as the dimension door disappeared from their view...

Atemu sighed a little. 'Even if a shadow was all that was left of a soul, even shadows need to follow their own path... desu ka?!', he whispered to himself as Seth looked at him in concern. 'What were you talking about?!'

The former spirit of the pharaoh glanced at the priest as he cocked his head a little. 'He knew the true fact of our existence here. Not unexpected... considering that hidden intelligence that he seldom revealed to people.'

'Well, it doesn't matter anymore... our task is done...'

'Aah...'

--

'Ee... Yugi?! You alright?!', exclaimed Seto as Yugi gradually started to recover himself. He blinked several times as the hospital room returned on his view. 'Wha-- what happened?!', he gasped as he sat up from his bed.

Seto snorted at him as he hopped onto Yugi's bed. 'Hmph... your eyes were so glazed over, I thought that maybe you were transported into another world again. So... feeling any better? If everything goes fine, we could really start our preparations by now. That bastard had started to show his fangs--'

'I know... and yes, I'm better. Don't need to worry, I was just thinking about something... and we need to keep this from everyone. It's better this way, for us to remain indiscreet...'

'Yup, and sorry about just now. You don't have to tell me if you feel unwell about it.', said Seto as Yugi nodded. And immediately, Yugi's phone rang... and he quickly answered it fearing that anyone might come to overhear...

'Moshi mosh... ee, Ryou-kun? Haii... we're okay, long story... what?! You knew about what happened to us? But why--'

Seto frowned as he muttered curses under his breath. '--Pish... if you guys knew from the start, why on earth you guys gave no help--', he muttered as Yugi suddenly raised his voice--!

'WHA--AT? What do you mean you guys were sealed over there?!!'

Seto blinked as both of them looked at each other with alarm...

[TBC]

Next, on Darkness Arising... Duel.. STANDBY!!


az: Hahaha... was that another cliffie? "shrugs" Dunno 'bout that... so where was the reviews? Need me to remind u guys by email? Sorry... no can do, busy with my chem labs... Every week I have 3 labs that consist of one for computer, one for polymer and one for analytical experiment. So... I tend to check my email every 3 days... partly, coz of budget... and partly coz I couldn't stand to leave my mail too long to be clogged with bunch of emails from my numerous groups.

az: But hey... I am happy right now!! I got an ultimate rare Chaos Magician card!! And yeah... that was the real Japanese romanji. Eventually, I'll try to form my deck with the best of my abilities... my deck had started to grow into a Dragons and Magicians theme... I wonder why... Seto's influence maybe...

Seto: Hey...!! You didn't count Yugi in!!

az: Well yeah... I got some of the strategy and power from you guys and I'm still learning... hope that I could get Horus Black Flare Dragon LV 4 & 8 soon!!

Yugi: Sou... "looking at readers" and mind them... they're being ridiculous...

Minna: Ja ne!!!