Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Disaster ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hehe... and I got another journal on kaiba-seto.com... wonder if anyone ever read that...

az: Answering the question that my sis had asked (one who recklessly named herself Osiris or Atemu...), Chapter 9... (is it?) about the title Yami no Kenzoku. Anyone who have Yami no Matsuei OST must have guessed... the was one song with that name. Well... reason was simple. On that episode... darkness suddenly covered the high school... eh? So... there's your answer...

Seto: And long ago someone asked you... or something about you almost killed Sakura...

az: "dazed" Oh that... simple... Remember when Yugi dueled with Pegasus in Duelist Kingdom and Peggy activated the yami no game? The powers of the shadow realms are quite different than Sakura's power.... then, if she was enveloped in that boundary, she would have suffered the same thing as Yugi did... right? And even when Yugi collapsed... he didn't die, right? Atemu was the one being so panicky...

Atemu: "pouted" You're evil....

az: Hehe... well, Sakura got the taste of it... and lived. Since she hadn't summoned anything... or received any battle damage. It was the effect of the dark field that made her feel pain...

Yugi: Hmmm... and you gave me a bike!! What was it... an ordinary one or--

Seto: Didn't u see it...? It's so cool... much cooler than Malik's. Almost the same one as my own....

az & Yugi: Whaaat?! You've got one?!!

Seto: "smug" Wha---t?! I got a jetplane... (Seto: "sang" --so, don't leave me... on the jet pla----ne--- az & Yugi: ^-^;; )...., a limo, a luxury liner... ect... and I don't have a bike?! U gotta be kidding...

minna: "sweatdropped" ...shouldn't have asked...


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hoho... Hmm.. hmm... see me as the next Queen of the Moon Kingdom. Ja ne...

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

WARNING: Hmm.... No Joey?! KABOOOOOM!!!! -_-;; az: my mistake....


Previously on Darkness Arising....

'Ee... Yugi?! You alright?!' -Seto exclaimed. Yugi blinked -

"Phone ringing..."

'---Ryou-kun?' -Seto frowned-

'WHA--AT? What do you mean--?!!' -Seto blinked as both of them looked at each other with alarm--

Disaster

Written by Azzie/Az .@. Alienna Azuani .@. Yami Azzie

Ryou Bakura shifted his weight over the old chair as Ishizu and Malik stared at him with apt attention. He laughed sarcastically. 'Hah!! Don't mind me... but first, how are you two--? It was hard for us to know... but if not because of that Pegasus calling us, we wouldn't know that something had happened to you guys!! It seemed that any news coming from Domino was blocked from reaching us.... oh, but we knew about the strange events in Tomoeda. Nope, we couldn't... there's something strange occurring here too...', said Ryou as he shook his head towards Ishizu and Malik...

--

Yugi rested on the side of his bed as he frowned, '--What happened? ...Kuru'e- what... what do you mean?... Wait!! If you can't, you shouldn't... no, the two of us might be leaving later... aah, you know... there's too many wussies who'd fuss over me and Seto going out... wait..!! If you two leave... then Ishizu would be... oh, okay... but--'

Seto glanced towards Yugi as the latter shrugged back at him. Both of them sighed as Yugi suddenly perked up...

--

Mutou Akira glared towards Malik, Ryou and Ishizu for their secretive actions. Unperturbed, he lifted the phone and started talking...

--

'Ah,,,aa... okay, I'm alright!! Yeah... sorry, no, jii-chan was okay... Huh?! No.. what?! Why... I know!! I've always taken care of myself quite well!! But... what is it---?', said Yugi as he frowned again...

--

'I said that there's some troubling forces at work here! ! You and Seto must be careful-'

The line suddenly went quiet as the archeologist tried vainly to dial the numbers again, but of no use. The other youngsters glanced up towards the elder man as he continued staring at the phone in amazement...

'Mutou-ji-san, what happened?!', aid Bakura as Yugi's father looked at him.

'Ji-san... what is it?', asked Malik as Mutou Akira turned towards them. 'Our conversation was probably found out. The line was cut...', said the elder man as Ryou clenched his fist. 'Then there's only one thing to do...', said Ryou as Malik patted his shoulders.

'Get your things... I'll have the preparations ready...'

--

'Oyaji...? FATHER!!?! Can you hear me?', cried Yugi as he blankly stared towards his cellphone.

'Dead..?!', said Seto as Yugi rolled his eyes at him. 'Na--ah!! The line was... and he was about to tell something. Aah!! I give up...', Yugi groaned as he tossed himself onto the bed. 'My head felt so heavy that I thought it could explode any moment... It's not good news coming from there. And added with everything that we've faced, I don't know how we could make it better...'

'Don't fuss yourself. They could manage it, you'll see...'

'Hi!! Already up? Here... have something to eat. Don't worry, the others were still at the lounge--'

[Scene at the second floor lounge... Since no one other than themselves were there... the big room was like a big campsite for Anzu, Jyounouchi and the others... Sugoroku snored loudly as a dragonfly just buzzed over his face...]

Shizuka grinned at the image forming on her head, '--Otogi and Mai had just called, Honda-san too.... but I told them that the visits could wait...', said Shizuka as she entered the room carrying two plastic bags. She gave one to Yugi, who found out that it was a medium-sized polystyrene bowl, filled with chicken porridge.

Shizuka opened the other and scooped up some of the porridge and blew it a little before shoving it over Seto's mouth. 'Come on... you guys must eat. It's been a week... Besides, you guys needed the energy...', she said softly as Seto slowly let Shizuka spoon-fed him the porridge. He quickly took the porridge from her and eat by himself. His ears were starting to go red as he heard Yugi's continuous snicker.

'Cut it out... Yugi--!!', stammered Seto, red-faced as Yugi started to cough over his food. 'Sorry... promise.... no more jokes...', whispered Yugi as Seto glanced towards Shizuka. 'Have you eaten?', he asked as Shizuka nodded her head. But she accepted it anyway as Seto offered her a spoonful of porridge.

'Aww... what a cute pair....', sighed Yugi as Seto was again, flustered. 'Yugi!! I'm not cu-', he started as he saw Shizuka's face and then turned back to his porridge. '...okay...'

Yugi grinned as he swallowed another spoonful of his porridge while Shizuka gave Seto a quick peck on his cheek...

--

Jyounouchi and Anzu rushed over towards the ward...

'Jou... you silly!! Your sister was not going to disappear...', she said as she entered the room. '-See? She's there.... sleeping!!'

Jyounouchi nodded as he blinked his eyes. 'Yeah... and now, our patients are the ones who's missing...', he said as Anzu gasped as she saw that only Shizuka was on Seto's bed, covered by blankets. Seto and Yugi were nowhere in sight!!

Jou and Anzu looked at each other simultaneously as the same thoughts crossed their minds. 'Upstairs... rooftop!!'

--

Yugi snickered as he thought of whatever that could be happening right now, upstairs. He chuckled as an idea of mischief came to mind...

'Na... Seto, you sure that you don't want to make some prank before this...?', said Yugi, grinning as Seto busily fussing himself with the wirings. Lumps started to form on his head as he started strangling Yugi's neck. 'Shuush!! We're supposed do this quietly... when we get back, the others weren't supposed to know!!! Now... be a good boy and help out! We still need to prepare before going to Tomoeda...', whispered Seto as Yugi ceased giggling.

'I... know!! Just let me be hyper for a minute... 'k? We've practically been 'dead' for about a week... I don't want to become a brain-dead mummy...', mumbled Yugi by himself as he fumbled with the keys...

--

'A-ah!!!! They're not here-!!', gasped Anzu as both of them stared dumbly at the empty rooftop balcony. Jyounouchi scratched his head, stupidly. 'Unh... and I thought that pattern would start again... you know, like last time--'

'Jou-kun... please stop it-'

Jyounouchi looked sideways to find Anzu looking downcast. 'Stop talking about that time... I don't want to remember...'

The blond lad frowned at her. 'Anzu-? Don't tell me you stil-'

'I can't help it!!', cried Anzu suddenly as Jou jumped. 'I still... even after all these years... even after Yugi said it in front of me, I still loved him!! I'm not sure anymore whether I loved his as himself... or I'm seeing him as Atemu again!! But it doesn't matter, wasn't it? So why didn't Yugi, why did he chose Rebecca instead of me-?', Anzu collapsed on the floor, crying as Jyounouchi knelt over her.

'It's okay... you don't have to-'

'I've been having these wild thoughts recently... like, what if I have done something to stop Yugi from activating his Trap card... Would Atemu be let to stay in this world? But then... I always had these dreams as when I did that, Yugi ended up being dead as a price to pay!! I don't want that!! And I always thought about all those things that had happened that time... after we left Egypt for good... Was everything-'

Jyounouchi blinked in surprise as Anzu continued to speak, '-my fault?! Was everything that was happening before and until now... is mine to be blamed?! Am I to blame for everything that was happening to Yugi-'

'ANZU!!! Get a hold of yourself!!', shouted Jou as he held her arm tightly. But then he saw something that made himself froze...

Anzu hastily straightened up her sleeves to cover up the old scars on her arms...

Jyounouchi couldn't believe his own eyes as he saw it. 'Anzu... are you... hurting yourself... intentionally??'

--

Back to where Yugi and Kaiba is...

'Hurry up!! We don't want them to miss us for so long-!! They'd be suspicious...', hissed Seto as Yugi dumped his bag inside the car that Seto had hotwired before. Yugi looked at him angrily as he fired up his motorbike. 'You and all of your fusses... It was lucky that at the time before we were attacked, that I had been planning to stay overnight at your place. Because of that... half of my things were already at your mansion...'

'Oh... yeah. One night only? I thought you said a week before? Huh... even before that your things have been stashed at my room!! You really meant it when you said that you wanted to be more familiar with me...', snarled Seto as he slammed the bonnet shut. Yugi laughed aloud as he tightened the straps on his helmet. 'Cousins were supposed to do that, my priest... come on, you were the one saying that we've got to hurry-'

'Yeah... I did, pharaoh-sama-', muttered the lad as the car rolled out of the mansion, followed by a big motorbike... (Ooh... Malik and Yugi are getting their minds alike...)

--

'Yeah... umm, yes... I'll be there...', muttered Dr. Shun as he walked towards the parking lot. In surprise, suddenly the doctor stayed frozen on his step. The mobile phone that he had been holding hung low in his hands...

Dr. Souma paused as he saw his fellow colleague. 'Kazuya-kun... what's wrong? You looked like you've seen a ghost...', he said as the said doctor turned around towards him, looking so much as befuddled. 'My car... Hattori-san!! I know I parked it here, but it's gone!!'

'Wha-t? You've got to be kidding-' But Dr. Shun shook his head slowly as he motioned the empty space at the parking lot where his car once had been...

--

'Hahaha... you're an idiot...', laughed Yugi as he closed of the small compartment on the Blue Eyes jet; where they had stuffed all of their bags inside. Having done so, both of them walked out of the underground hangar and into the elevator. The elevator opened up towards another level.

'So... are you going to take the car back?'

Seto shrugged as they headed to the motorbikes parking lot. 'Nope... I let one of my men parked it somewhere for that doc to find himself. And thank goodness that I had left my bike over here at the company. I always thought that it's good whenever I felt the need to run away unseen...'

'Hah!! You're so cruel... What did that doctor even done to you...?', said Yugi as both of them put on their helmets. 'Nah... it's just that a few months ago that Dr. Shun had bothered me unnecessarily about wanting to buy a new equipment. I told the guy that our equipments are already the best we had around here and refused. That guy practically terrorized my office a week after that and I had to convinced him to raise his salary in order to shut him off... Pretty annoying-- that twerp. Maybe... instead of that Souma guy, I'd better fire that Shun... at least the doctor was trying his best to help us...'

'And yet, you pushed him off the floor this morning?'

'Ch... that was because I was terrified that you'd die... STUPID!! I think if it's Mokuba... I could have thrown anyone off the building...'

Yugi frowned as he looked at Seto's weird snicker. 'You know... that wasn't funny...', he muttered as the two sped off towards the streets. They stopped at the traffic lights as Seto winked at him. 'I know... I was trying to freak you up...'

...without warning Yugi sent a vertical kick at him as Seto's bike almost toppled over...

[TBC]

Next, on Darkness Arising... Duel.. STANDBY!!

(az: lol.... Seto, you looked so funny!! Seto: "trying so hard to lift the bike back up" Shut up!! I didn't!! "flushed" Yugi: Heheheheh...)


az: Opps... wrong entry... I forgot to delete this part. Mmm... reviews... reviews!!! Hehehe... and I think I need to remotivate myself with my studies. All this homeworks... and sudden tests... really low down my spirit... and I think I needed to update that anime site I got...

az: See---? "points at fic" You were on the scene....

Jou: "still pouting" Not much.... T-T

az: Oh man....

Seto: "snatches bazooka" Don't worry... we're safe...

Jou: Not enough.... must.. give... punishments...

Yugi: Jou... it can't.. be that bad, uh?

Jou: I should.... "looked up towards az/Seto?Yugi" GLOMP U GUYS!!!

az, Seto & Yugi: "shrieks" AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHH!! Mad puppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

A/N: Two more.... YESSSS!!!