Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Mision, Start!! ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hehehe... I got almost 100 cards up my keep. And I'm trying to cook up a deck consisted of dragons and wizards!! Hehe... still in progress.

A/N: Okay... just an announcement. I already made another adjustment on the fic as I had deleted the OC Meena and Mahamud. So the pairing that would exist is YugiXRebecca and SetoXShizuka. The plot in Lost Identity and this fic had been adjusted to suit this change. Hope you still like this story and continue reading. Thanks.


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hoho... Hmm.. hmm... see me as the next Queen of the Moon Kingdom. Ja ne...

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

WARNING: None at the moment... at least Joey was fine now... yeah!! Pretty harmless...


Previously on Darkness Arising....

'I know.'

Yugi gave him a sorrowful look. 'I know she's still like that..'

'...he was my past as Seth was Seto's...'

--

'It's okay... pharaoh...'

Mission, Start!

Written by Azzie/Az .@. Alienna Azuani .@. Yami Azzie

Sugoroku turned around as he finally caught sight of his only grandson, walking along with his inseparable duelling partner, Seto. The elder man smiled as both of them got over to the big table. 'Hohoho... finally, our important youngsters!! Here... take your seat and eat, it's been a long time and where's that Jyounouchi--?', rant the old man as Yugi about to open his mouth. It so happened that Jou had emerged from the hall...

...the young man walked forlornly towards the table before looking up and gave an energetic smile. 'Hyaa... you guys!! How could you started the feast without me!!? Come on... here Kaiba, Yugi..!! Have some of these chicken meat and some vege... we want you two to get better soon!!', said Jou suddenly, putting the said food on Yugi and Kaiba's plate before gobbling up some of his own food on his plates. Yugi and Kaiba blinked in surprise at the sudden change (considering the incident few minutes ago.) Jou looked up and winked at Yugi, mouthing that he had understood everything. He whispered also that he won't force Yugi to pretend anymore unless he was ready again to accept him.

Hearing that, Seto smiled as he nudged Yugi's shoulder, motioning that everything had turned out okay. Yugi smiled back as he sat beside Rebecca at the table.

...Well, at least the matter regarding Jou and Anzu...

--

Sakura stared blankly towards the television without seeing before a big weight fell unto her.

'Kyaaa-! O-nii-chan!! Get off me...', cried the young girl as Touya sat on top of her. Touya grinned as he got off her. 'Now you're here!! What's on your silly little head? I see you've been spacing out a lot of time. Did that boy do anything to hurt you? I say I oughta-'

'No!!! Nii-chan was mistaken!! This has nothing-' Suddenly the phone rang as Touya got up to answer it. Sakura watched her brother carefully as the lad's eyes widened in surprise.

'Yes... no, umm, yes.. this is the Kinomoto Residence. Yeah... here is Tomoeda. Yes... glad I can help-', Touya glanced towards Sakura as he pointed the receiver towards her. 'Eeh... call for you. Who's he? Your new boyfriend?'

Sakura flushed as she darted towards her brother and snatched the receiver from him.

--

'Yugi-san? How did--', gasped Sakura as she heard Yugi laughing from the other side of the line, explaining everything. '--really? The two of you were fine now? That's great!! ...aa, so soon? Is it okay?... Oh--', gasped Sakura as she glanced towards her brother, who was paying attention to her conversation...

--

'--Yes, it's okay. Kaiba-kun and I won't have trouble at all for going there. Un, both of us had decided to go there quickly before--', Yugi gasped as Rebecca walked out into the balcony, overhearing the coversation. Yugi and Seto froze as Yugi resumed talking to the phone. 'Unh.. no, someone had just came in. No... we'll meet there soon. Bye.', said Yugi as he turned off his cellphone. He glanced briefly towards Seto before turning towards Rebecca.

'Rebecca, I--'

Before he could say anything, she immediately burst into tears. 'Darling is going away again?! But why? Darling had just recovered and--', she sobbed as Yugi wrapped his arm around her. 'Rebecca... we had to go. If we don't, who knows how much damage that can happen over at Sakura's place. This enemy had tried to attack us before and now her. If this goes on, similar things as with the Doma tragedy would occur again! You know I can't just leave it like that--'

Rebecca looked up at him as she wiped away her tears. 'Then, let me go too!! I also want to help darling!! Darling don't have to do it alone..'

'But Rebecca, it could be too dangerous to you. I assure you that Yugi-kun and I didn't want to endanger you or anyone more than needed--', explained Seto as Becky glanced at him. 'Seto-san, not you too?! Rebecca had fared well before, right? I promise to keep this secret! Please... let me help! Seto-san... Darling!!

Seto sighed as Yugi gave her a weak smile. 'Okay then, but your task would be different--', said Yugi in the end as he gave her his cellphone. '--Ryou-kun or Malik-kun would probably come to Domino sometime soon, but both of us won't be here. During that time, you have to meet them and tell them where we went. If you insisted on going, then you can come with them. Just don't tell anyone about this--', said Yugi as Seto nodded. 'Yes, and don't tell Mokuba too...', said Seto as Rebecca nodded in understanding.

'Then... is darling and Seto-san going to Tomoeda now?', said Rebecca softly as Yugi nodded slowly. She sighed as she hugged the duelist. 'Then, take care... darling. Seto-san too. I will tell Shizuka-san not to worry. And--', she said as she glanced towards the direction of the cafeteria, where her own grandfather as well as everyone was. 'I'll try to distract everyone while you two leave here. Take care..', she said again as she started walking towards the corridors.

'Rebecca!!' Rebecca stopped as she turned towards Seto. 'Thanks.. and if you guys need help when going to Tomoeda later, you can ask Isono for help.. He would be able to make the preparations', he said as she walked away.

Yugi smiled towards her direction as they watched her leave. 'That was some girl you've got. I wonder if I really should consider her to be my new programmer--' Yugi glanced at him as Seto grinned back at him. 'Well, you should have, long time ago... Then, that Sieg won't have had brought all those troubles during the Grand Prix. So, let's go..', said Yugi as Seto shrugged.

'Yup... we're going then! Don't need to rush...', said Seto again as they started walking away, taking another passage towards the exit. Yugi rolled his eyes at him as they walked down the emergency stairs.

'Well, I don't want the others to tag along when they found us out. You know, I've always failed to do so before. When I thought that only myself would be going to unlock the door to the memory world, the others suddenly pops out to tag along. And that time when Pegasus had asked me to come to America, they've tagged along too...'

'But that's alright, wasn't it? Or else the bonkutsu won't be able to come... and that time he was supposed to hold the Helmos card...'

'Oh... yeah, but then the other two... You know, I started to hate it when they ALWAYS wanted to tag along with me. Wherever I go... it was frustrating. Luckily that time I could finally do so..'

'Hehe... that's why I told you you have to be strict to them from the start!! Even if, were for the fact that the lots had a function to cheer you... but that girl's friendship talks was very annoying!! I always lose my concentration whenever I heard her whining noise. Crying out your name whenever you almost about to lose the duel...'

'Seto-kun... that was pretty harsh!'

'Hya... Yugi-kun, don't act so angelic to me. You know you feel the same sometimes...'

'Well... but that's not the main point!', said Yugi as they entered the elevator to head towards the underground parking lot. 'Haa, say whatever you want. I could always read your thoughts... no point pretending. Here, wear this--', said Seto as they walked out of the elevator and straight towards their parked motorbikes. He passed him his helmet as he put on his own. Yugi put on his helmet and snapped the buckles tightly. But suddenly, Seto took out two pairs of sunglasses and gave one to Yugi. And he started to fuss around him as he tucked Yugi's hair inside the helmet so that only his golden bangs were visible.

'Now, it's good. No point if we put on ordinary cloths of people could still recognize us. You know how popular you have become ever since you entered the Duelist Kingdom and became the champion of it and of Battle City...', growled Seto as he put on his sunglasses. Both climbed onto their motorbikes as Yugi clutched his sennen puzzle locket tightly.

'Okay... Let's go!!', cried Yugi as both of them rode towards the exit at towards their new adventure...

--

'Aa, Yugi... about Rebeca, did you really think that she was really a tensai programmer... or did you convinced me just now, only because she's your girlfriend?'

'Seto--!! You baka!!'

'Hehehe... I thought so...'

'...'

--

Rebecca glanced outside as she caught a glimpse of two motorbikes heading away from the hospital. Even though she couldn't identify the riders at this distance, she knew that it was them. Darling... Seto-san, be careful..., she prayed in her heart as Professor Hopkins called out to her.

'Rebecca, what are you looking at? And have you seen Yugi and Seto around?', said the elder man as Rebecca shook her head. 'No, but I saw them just now. Both of them had told me that they wanted to talk to Doctor Souma in private.', Rebecca lied as she suddenly felt the phone in her pocket vibrated. Professor Hopkins nodded, 'Then I'll tell Sugoroku-san. He's been wondering about them...', muttered the old man as Rebecca hastily ran towards the corridor to answer the phone. Her eyes widen as she saw who the caller was...

She answered the phone as Ryou's voice can be heard from the other side. 'Err... Ryou-san! It's Rebecca. Darling has just--', she whispered as low as possible as she bagun explaining everything...

[TBC]

Next, on Darkness Arising... Duel.. STANDBY!!


az: ^-^ Sorry if it was short... No more ideas up to this point but I already had the next chapter's rough plot ready in mind...