Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Akogare ❯ Notes ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

****************

Akogare

Chapter I Notes:

****************

Looks like I overdid this first part. Frankly speaking, I don't even know where I'm going!

Oh well, call this a sample of hunger-induced fanfiction.

I'll revise this as soon as I grab a bite of something and sort out all these ideas in my head.

*****************

Akogare

Chapter II Notes:

*****************

First things first.

The piece 'Hikari Sasu Niwa' was borrowed without permission from the series Shoujo Kakumei Utena (I could say I borrowed it from Miki-sama himself but that would sound strange…).

*scratches head*

What on earth was in that peach ice cream, anyway?

And why peach ice cream?

Would you dare eat peach ice cream?

Am I fooling anybody with my no-plot fanfic here? -_-

Anyone who can guess correctly what flavor Eriol had back at the ice cream parlor gets his/her dishes done for free by the ever-impeccable Suppi-chan. If he likes you, he might throw in a little dusting around for good measure. ^_^

******************

Akogare

Chapter III Notes:

******************

As Kenshin would say --- Ororororororoooooo..... o_o So much for not getting carried away. Well, I don't care anymore! I'm just getting warmed up here!! I need more WAFF, more, MORE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! *frothing at mouth*

Ahem.

While it is a fact that Eriol did tell Tomoyo that she's wonderfully perceptive (see vol.12 of the manga), that doesn't mean she's psychic. I hope she didn't come across that way, what with her spacing out during Eriol's little recollection (my sincere apologies to Yue fans for degrading the aloof bishounen by giving him a mixing bowl, but I thought it was a nice touch ^_^ ).

And I decided to use 'kaijuu' instead of 'monster' because it sounds much more Touya-ish that way.

Next act: Eriol discovers a little something in his locker that may change his life forever! (Nandeyanen. -_-)

*****************

Akogare

Chapter IV Notes:

*****************

Hoeeeee. Overkill. But I'm so glad I finally got this off my back.

I apologize for the sudden deluge of drama in this installment; I didn't really intend for this to turn out this way. I sure hope nobody ended up cross-eyed after reading all those run-on sentences. o_o

A note on the blackboard prank: according to anime/dramas I've seen (as well as the manga I've read), this is supposedly the Japanese version of the "A loves B!" joke. The whole thing simulates two people standing under the same umbrella. *pause* I sure hope I'm making sense here.

Sorry if I made Clow a little heartless. That's just how I see him, that's all. As for Sakura, I always believed that she couldn't stay dense (or, as Tomoyo's euphemism goes, 'funwari') forever.

And as for the rush, I just had to put Tomoyo out of her misery and Eriol come to terms with his feelings sooner or later, or else I'd end up with ten acts instead of five. -__-

Next act: the resolution to this whole weepy mess!

****************

Akogare

Chapter V Notes:

****************

Thank you for reading this fic. *bows* And yes, you have my permission to go throw up in the sink now. -_-

BTW, the romanized name Li Yelan was lifted from the CCS Movie I Complete Book.

[Inane] questions (and answers):

Q: What was in Syaoran's locker?

A: The answer is in Koi, the SxS-centric oneshot.

Q: Are Sakura and Syaoran really clueless about frostbite and everything?

A: Actually, no, but I thought it would be funny if they were. Plus, I'm clueless about frostbite myself; I live in a winterless country!

Q: What the hell are you writing here; modern English don't have afternoon tea rituals

A: Hey, that's not a question! Next!

Q: How was Ruby Moon able to book a flight on Christmas Eve?

A: Connections, man, connections. That or Eriol has a surefire spell for conjuring plane tickets.

Q: Are you implying that Sonomi and her husband are divorced?

A: Either that or they're still married but living far, far away from each other. Nowadays most married couples in Japan are like that, or so my friend Shinya told me once (I could've heard him wrong; after all, my eyes were glued on Syaoran on screen all the while he was talking, so...)

*********************

Akogare

Notes as of 2003.6.2:

*********************

Just because reading old notes makes me cringe.

When I was into CCS, I was a rabid SxS fan. I never really thought about the ExT possibility, not until I came across Tin's 'Turn' --- which is arresting and beautiful (and incomplete *coughs*). So entranced was I by that fic that I decided to do my own take on the pairing. It didn't turn out the way I thought it would, but some parts were pleasantly surprising (?), so I guess I'm satisfied.

I think.

When I wrote this I didn't do any planning, so that should probably account for the irregular pacing/awkwardness of certain parts. Fortunately, n years later Belle-nee (also known as B.Na on ff.net, who is a v. good writer and excellent grammar dictator) offered to edit, so I'm happy that the parts that didn't sit well with me before now read a bit better.

I think I'll never be into CCS as much as before, but I do think I'll always like ExT. It's just such a lovely possibility to contemplate, and so much fun to write about. (On the other hand, its allure also drives hordes of fanpeople to cough up goddawful sappy guess-how-many-times-we-can-twist-this-plot-to-make-it-seem-brand-new fic, which is not a very good thing. But that's a different story.)

'Akogare' has an ongoing sequel, 'Kanaete', which is taking a darn long time to finish. [Start Shameless Plug] The first four chapters are up at the files section (under the 'in progress' folder) of my fic update ML, which is at groups.yahoo.com/group/mocchafrap. Thank you. [End Shameless Plug]

[O.Wa.Ri. ]