Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All I Need... ❯ Blushes and Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Y-you’re leaving?,” Sakura stuttered. She searched his amber orbs for any sign that he was joking. But she only found bottomless desolation. Which caused tears to flood her vision. Syaoran looked away to avoid her penetrating stare.



“Yes, I’m not needed here anymore. My mother wants me to return to Hong Kong , and continue my training,” He replied, keeping his voice void of any emotions. Sakura sniffled and shook her head violently.



“That’s not true. What about you friends here, they need you! I need you! Syaoran you’re a special friend to us all, please stay,” Sakura pleaded with him. Syaoran sighed glancing up at the sky. Hearing her say these things, made him wish he’d had the guts to tell her his true feelings. When he didn’t answer Sakura took his hand and slipped something into it.



“ Syaoran, maybe I can’t change your mind today. But when you get on that plane tomorrow, just read this and think about what it’s saying. I hope we can stay friends,” Sakura said, dropping her grip. Syaoran looked down at his hand and saw a folded letter. He looked up at Sakura and she smiled at him barely.



“Sakura, we’ll always be friends… no matter how far apart we are,” Syaoran said. Sakura nodded, and then turned to leave. Syaoran was about to stop her when she turned around to look at him, her eyes shone with newly shed tears and a small smile played her lips.



“Promise you’ll write?,” She asked simply. Syaoran smiled and gave a slight nod. Sakura’s smile brightened and she sighed. “All right, I’ll hold you to that. Good-bye Syaoran”.




She turned and walked away, with each step she took, Syaoran felt her drifting away from him. He cursed his cowardice, and wished he’d told her, his heart broke because he knew that they’d never see each other again. Once he returned to Hong Kong, he’d be cut from the outside world. Syaoran smiled sadly as he thought of all his friends, and how’d he’d miss them, they were the only real friends he’d ever had. Syaoran’s thoughts were cut short as he was called away to deal with the movers.










Four years passed and seasons came and went. Sakura turned fifteen and was now a young woman, attending high school. She became obsessed with boys, loved to shop and hang out with her friends. Tomoyo was still her best friend, and still loved to design and make dresses for her Sakura. Tomoyo also had another obsession with her boyfriend, Eriol. Kero still pigged out and played video games. Toya moved out and attended a local college. Him and Yukito sharing a dorm room, but they often made their way over to the Kinomoto house for a good breakfast. Fujitaka still worked at the college and took up a spare job at the High School teaching an elective. Life moved on and so did Sakura.



“Hey, Shing,” Called a young chipper girl, her bright green eyes shined like emeralds. A young man with short black hair turned to the girl and smiled.



“Sakura. Did you have a nice weekend?," Shing asked turning to face her, a casual smile on his handsome face. Sakura blushed and tucked a stray piece of short auburn hair behind her ear.



“Of course, and you?," She replied shyly. Shing chuckled, and smiled at her brightly.



“Anytime I get to see you is good," He replied, causing Sakura’s blush to intensify. Shing chuckled again and leaned in to kiss Sakura’s burning cheek.



“Don’t ever lose that innocence Sakura," Shing joked. Sakura smiled and the two walked into school together.





When Shing took his leave Sakura couldn’t help but feel a loss for his company. Sakura stood by her locker and spaced out until Tomoyo and Eriol approached her. Tomoyo giggled at Sakura and poked her friend in the arm to get her attention.



“Sakura, did you have an encounter with Shing this morning?," Tomoyo giggled. Sakura blush and nodded slowly. Eriol rolled his eyes and decided he’d head into the classroom.



“I’ll leave you girl’s to your chit chat. See you in class, sweetheart," Eriol said, leaning to give Tomoyo a peck on the cheek. Tomoyo smiled and watched him go before she turned back to Sakura.



“Oh, Tomoyo you’re so lucky to have Eriol. I wish I had a boyfriend," Sakura sighed. Tomoyo giggled and leaned up against the lockers, her books held in her arms.



“Don’t worry Sakura, you’ll have one. Shing is pretty cute and he likes you a lot. I can tell," Tomoyo said, giving Sakura a knowing smile. Sakura nearly squealed, but covered her mouth to quiet herself.



“Tomoyo, what do you know? Please tell me," Sakura pleaded. Tomoyo smirked and brushed an ebony curl over her shoulder.



“Well, you know that Shing and Eriol are pretty close friends…,” Tomoyo informed, pausing to cause Sakura grief.



“Tomoyo just spit it out already," Sakura said excitedly. Tomoyo laughed.



“All right, well Eriol told me yesterday that Shing really likes you and wants to ask you out. But Eriol also told me that he’s a little shy and wants to be sure about your feelings before asking you out. So… what do you say?," Tomoyo questioned. Sakura blushed deeply.



“I’d say that if he ever asked me, I’d just die of sheer ecstasy. Tell Eriol to tell Shing that I really like him, but don’t make it sound as if I told you to tell Eriol to tell him that. Okay?," Sakura asked, spiting out the words in her excitement. Tomoyo giggled and nodded.



“Okay, I’ll be sure to let Eriol know. Don’t worry Sakura," Tomoyo said. Sakura sighed and a moment later the bell rang. Tomoyo bid her farewell and Sakura closed her locker heading for her first block class.










At lunch a young couple met under a blossom tree. A young man with dark blue hair, dark enough it was almost black, sat down beside an pretty ebony hair girl. The young man kissed the girl and then handed her a crumpled envelope.



“Before you read it, I want you to just try and guess who it’s from," The blue haired boy said. The girls purple eyes sparkled with curiosity.



“Eriol, I don’t know just tell me," She scolded him. Eriol chuckled and brushed an ebony curl away from her ear and whispered into it.



“No way," The girl said in shock. Eriol nodded.



“Yes indeed Tomoyo my sweet," He replied. Tomoyo looked at the envelope and opened it, pulling out the letter. Her purple eyes scanned it quickly, and widened as she read. She stopped and looked over to her boyfriend who nodded as if to agree with her shock.



“Should we tell Sakura?," Tomoyo asked, glancing at the letter again. Eriol thought this over for a few moments, and then turned to Tomoyo with a wide smirk on his face.



“Why tell her? I mean I’d much rather just see the shock on her face when she sees him. Imagine Syaoran finally returning, after all these years," Eriol mused. Tomoyo slapped him playfully in the arm and gave him a scolding look.



“Sakura will probably hate us if we don’t. What will she think of him just appearing. She probably won’t even recognize him, I mean it has been four years," Tomoyo acknowledged. Eriol nodded and then turned to smile widely at the blue sky.



“I have a feeling she’ll recognize him, maybe not at first, but I know she will," Eriol chuckled. Tomoyo was about to ask him what he meant but the lunch bell rang and Eriol quickly got to his feet and the question slipped from Tomoyo’s mind.










A week passed by and soon the time of Syaoran’s arrive had come. Eriol had planned to meet him at school in the morning to show him the loops, but at the last moment Eriol came up with a devious plot. Unaware of the happenings Sakura stood outside of the school early on Tuesday morning. The night before she had talked to Tomoyo and they’d planned to meet early to catch up and plan a weekend activity. Little did Sakura know this was part of Eriol’s plan.




Sakura sat down on the steps and rested her head in her hands, her elbows balanced on her knees. She sighed heavily and searched the school grounds for her friend. There weren’t many students, just a few small groups meeting in various sections of the grassy field, talking before the first bell. Sakura felt slightly discouraged, seeing as Tomoyo had told her to be there and then she didn’t bother to even come on time herself. Soon Sakura drifted off into a daydream and didn’t even notice the long limo that parked in front of the school. There was a buzz about it as a tall boy with light brown hair stepped out of the large car. He was certainly handsome his face tan and blemish free, holding an evident boyish charm. His honey eyes glistened with confidence and a warm demeanor. His lean body was deceiving though if you looked twice you could see he had well developed muscles for a young man of his age. He was dressed casually, in a white button down t-shirt and nice green slacks, and humble dress for such a handsome young man.




His honey eyes scanned the grounds and a small smile sneaked on his face as he thought of his past. The limo drove away and he headed up the path to the school. He walked with a pertinent poise, and looked as though he could handle any challenge he encountered. Well… that was until he spotted a certain young woman sitting on the stairs case. Her emerald eyes were glazed over and she looked as though she were off in her own little world. The young man froze, his eyes widening at the sight of her, she was like a vision. A beautiful angel with her milky skin and shining auburn hair. For a few moments he stared at her, a million thoughts rushing through his head, he wondered if he should talk to her. Would she remember him, it’d been so long, would she be cross, since he’d never written back to her. His confidence slowly ebbed away and he hurried up the stairs and passed her.



‘ I can’t talk to her… she probably hates me’, He thought to himself. He paused a moment to watch her, she seemed to of snapped out of her day dream, and rose to her feet. She waved cheerfully, and Syaoran watched as a tall young man, with black hair, waved back. He paused a moment, and felt a tinge of jealousy as the boy leaned in and kissed Sakura’s cheek. Sakura’s cheek’s flared in a bright blush, and she giggled. Syaoran sighed leaning back against the door frame of the school’s entrance.



‘So, she’s moved on… I wouldn’t blame her’, Syaoran thought repentantly. He watched for a few more moments, seeing Sakura’s smile and the way she moved about awkwardly in this boy’s presence. It was obvious, Sakura liked him a lot. Syaoran sighed dejectedly and finally headed into the school.




Sakura paused for a moment, feeling a familiar presence. She glanced behind her shoulder, but saw no one, it was strange, but the aura felt sad.



“Sakura, is something the matter?," Shing asked. Sakura turned back to him and smiled.



“OH, nothing, just thought someone called my name," She laughed. Shing nodded, smiling at her. He offered his hand to her, and Sakura blushed grasping it, as they headed into school together.










Later on in the morning Sakura was running later for her second block class. She was hurrying through an empty hall, when she stumbled and dropped her books. Sakura cursed her clumsiness and hurried to gather her things. Sakura stood seeing as one of her notebooks had slid down the hall, but someone got to it before her. A tall lean young man, leaned down and gently lifted her book. As he stood, his mess of chocolate brown bangs, fell across deep amber eyes. He smiled at her kindly, and held out the notebook to her. Sakura stared at him for a moment or two, her green eyes looking for something.



“Um… isn’t this yours?," The boy asked finally, his voice soft and husky, holding an air of uncertainty. Sakura nodded numbly. And reached out, taking the book.



“Uh, thanks," She muttered. But she didn’t make a move to leave, and neither did the boy. Sakura blushed when she realized how long she’d been staring, and quickly dropped her gaze.



“I’m sorry… it’s just you look oddly familiar to me," She said, looking up at him again. The boy chuckled, and brushed back his bangs, causing his intense amber eyes more visible.



“I was wondering why you were staring…But I suppose you don’t remember me," He said, avoiding her eyes. Sakura cocked her head to the side and looked at him confused. The boy simply chuckled nervously, and reached into one of his green pant’s pocket. From inside he retrieved a thick folded envelope, he paused, and then held it out to her.



“Take this, and read it… then maybe you’ll remember," He said. As soon as Sakura held it in her hand, the boy promptly turned and left. Sakura stood and gazed down at the envelope, when she unfolded it, she was surprised by the fact it had her, name and address on it.



“What is this?," She asked herself. The late bell sounded and Sakura was snapped from her curios daze, and hurried off for her class.