Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All I Need... ❯ Awakening To Power ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Marvelous isn’t it, that stupid girl is so weak. I could kill her with a flick of my pinky,” A girl laughed. Her crimson eyes gleamed with humor as she turned to face the stoic man before her.



“Lady Marta, I thought you had wanted a fair fight?,” The man asked, his voice void of emotion. The young woman laughed wickedly.



“Please, since when have I ever played fair,” She smirked. The man nodded at her, and that was all he did. Lady Marta let a wicked grin creep onto her face as she once again thought of ways to torture the helpless card mistress. She rose from her seat at the long table and made her way down a length of hall to her bedroom. She tossed open the large wooden doors and closed them behind her.



“That girl has no power compared to me. I just don’t know why it is she, of all people came to capture the Clow Cards. Honestly, they must have been weak from lack of use,” She pouted to herself. She made her way across the room to sit at a cherry wood desk. She swiveled in her chair and stared at the bookcase across from her. Her crimson eyes scanned the bindings before she selected one.



“She hasn’t even realized her true potential. She just dotes about through trials of love and life. Stupid pathetic girl. She has no idea what is in store for her”. Her lips curled once again into a malevolent smirk as she opened her book and read. Carefully plotting her next attack.











Two weeks passed, and Sakura regained her energy. She had been vision free so far, and took precautions every night before meditating, by calling on shield to protect her. Sakura was also making progress in her magic. She now could successfully summon the use of a card with out using her wand. It had been a great accomplishment, and Eriol was surprised she had weld the technique so quickly.



“Sakura, we should meet today after school. I think it be best to strike while the iron is still hot,” Eriol said to her. They sat together at lunch, with Syaoran and Tomoyo. Sakura looked at him with a bewildered stare, and he chuckled.



“What I mean Sakura,” He started again, “Is that I should like to continue your training while your making such progress,” he further explained. Sakura laughed.



“Oh, of course. Next time just say so,” She said to him. Syaoran who sat beside her smiled at her naivety. Tomoyo patted Eriol’s shoulder, a small smile on her lips. Eriol sighed to himself making a mental note to stop trying to explain things to Sakura with metaphors.



“I’m afraid I won’t be able to come to training. I’m having a tutoring session with Nira. I have a huge test in history tomorrow,” Syaoran announced. Eriol looked to him, and then shrugged.



“Well, it’s not like your making any progress anyhow,” He said on a whim. Syaoran all but growled at him, and huffed haughtily. Sakura smiled at him fondly and took hold of his hand.



“Don’t listen to him. He’s wrong, I know for a fact you’re improving. I can feel it in you aura,” Sakura told him. Syaoran gripped her hand tightly, and smiled at her.



“Thanks,” He told her. She just shook her head, and then rested it on his shoulder.



“I’m only telling you the truth,” She told him. Eriol and Tomoyo watched the couple with knowing smiles before they turned the conversation around. It was best to keep the conversation from anything depressing, after all Sakura was having a hard enough time, and didn’t need to be reminded of the ever approaching danger.










Sakura closed her eyes again, and felt that familiar strain as she tried to get in touch with the burning power deep within her. It was hard, she always got so close to tapping into that power but then something always stopped her. She knew that subconsciously she was afraid of her own power, she didn’t want to lose control. But Eriol kept encouraging her to embrace that power not fear it, because fear is what would cause her to lose her control.



“Sakura, you’re not trying hard enough,” Eriol scolded. Sakura’s eyes snapped open, and she let her head fall forward as a dizziness took hold. When her vision was refocused she looked up at Eriol, who watched her diligently.



“I’m trying my hardest. I swear if I try any harder I’ll pass out from the strain. This is hard, Eriol,” She told him. He smiled at her faintly and sat down in front of her. He regarded her with a penetrating look, but before he looked up to the sky above.



“You’re afraid. I know you are, but you can’t be,” He said. Sakura sighed, following his gaze to watch the shining stars above.



“I can’t help it. I can feel that power every time I try to tap into it. It’s big and scary and I don’t want to let it out. What if I do lose control, I could hurt someone,” Sakura spoke softly, her eyes were trained on the brightest star, as it twinkled in the inky blue sky. Eriol looked to her, and waited for her to meet his eyes before he spoke.



“Do you remember your invincible spell?,” He asked her. Sakura smiled at him, and nodded.



“Then you have no need to worry. Your power is pure and innocent, and strong. You’re heart is never in the wrong place, and so you won’t lose control. Sakura you don’t have to worry, as long as you believe in yourself and your abilities. I’m positive nothing can go wrong,” He said with a confident voice. Sakura nodded again before she closed her eyes and started again to reach for her power.



Eriol watched her carefully, he saw her brow furrow in concentration, and the strain on her face. Perhaps tonight she would finally be able to reach her full potential. He had faith in her abilities, she far succeeded even Clow Reed’s power. She was strong, and pure.



The air began to buzz with an electricity, and the air grew warmer by the minute as Sakura’s aura began radiating with power. Eriol blinked as her aura expanded and grew intensity, causing him to squint his eyes in it’s brightness. Sakura’s eyes slid open and they burned with her pink aura, and she smiled happily before she slumped forward and passed out.



“Well done Sakura. Well done,” He said. He sighed as he reached forward to bring her to her feet and wrap one of her limp arms around his neck as he dragged her into the house. He would call Tomoyo and have her tell Sakura’s father she was sleeping over, so as not to worry him when she didn’t come home.










Syaoran scratched his head, and then shifted a hand through his hair as he went over his notes again. He didn’t know that memorizing so many dates would be so hard, but he expected it was also because his mind was preoccupied.



“All right, do you want me to quiz you now?,” Nira asked. Syaoran looked up from his notes, to the girl sitting across the table from him. He sighed, and handed over his notes.



“Let’s try it,” He said. Nira nodded and took the notes reading through them. He waited patiently, and chewed pensively on his pencil. His mind although wasn’t on his History homework, but on Sakura. A few minutes before he had felt a strong aura, which he knew to be hers. It came in one powerful burst before quickly dieing out, and he was worried something had happened.



“Well, what’s the answer?,” Nira asked. Syaoran’s eyes snapped up to her face as he looked at her confused.



“Oh, umm…,” He replied. Nira sighed, before she set down his notes and gave him a incisive look.



“You weren’t listening to me again. Where is your head tonight? This is the fifth time you’ve totally zoned out on me,” Nira told him, her tone a bit snippy. Syaoran sighed, and rubbed his temple.



“Sorry, I don’t know what’s gotten into me. I guess I’m just tired or something,” Syaoran lied. Nira just shook her head, and gave him a knowing look before returning to the notes.



“Fine, I’ll just ask you some more questions and then head home. You need a goodnight’s sleep as well as to study to do well,” Nira said, Syaoran nodded, and then she started her quizzing. He was surprised to find he got most of them right, and Nira told him he’d be sure to pass his examine the next day. Syaoran soon bid her farewell, and then called Eriol when she was gone.