Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All I Need... ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The room was bright the sun shining threw the window reflected off the white walls and sheets, creating a glowing effect that blared at her sensitive eyes. Sakura blinked, and let her eyes stay closed, she would have liked to pulled the covers over her head, but her arms felt heavy, like they were asleep and she couldn’t move them just yet. Every five or so minutes a nurse would come in and smile at her, checking her vital signs and telling her, her family would be there soon.



‘I wonder how long I’ve been asleep?’ She thought to herself. There wasn’t anything distinct in the room, and no calendar was laying around, so she hadn’t any clue that for nearly four weeks she had been in a coma.



Her eyes snapped open when she heard a the multiple clatter of feet walking hurriedly down the tile floors just outside her doors, there was a shout from a doctor, telling some people to be calm, and then the door of her room swung open, and Sakura found her father standing there in the door way. He looked disheveled and weary, under his eyes there were black circles telling her he hadn’t been sleeping, he looked at her with glittering eyes brimming with joyful tears.



“Sakura”. He uttered her name and then rushed forward, stopping to sit in the side of her bed, his hands reaching out to cup her face. His hands were warm and comforting, and Sakura smiled leaning into his touch.



“Dad, I’m so happy to see you,” She told him, her voice scratchy from lack of use. She struggled to lift her arm and rest her hand against his, tears flooding her own eyes as he cried above her, wiping away one tear of her own with his thumb.



“Oh, you’re awake. I’m so glad to see you, I’m so glad,” He told her, his voice shaking. He leaned forward, kissing her forehead, and brushing her bangs from her face. Sakura sighed and pulled her arms around his neck, holding him in a hug. He helped her sit up, and hugged her gently, soothing her hair down with his hand, like he had so many times when she was younger, and sat crying in his lap. He rocked her gently, and cried silently to himself thanking the gods she was awake.



Sakura pulled back for a moment, and looked up at his weary face, her eyes questioning.



“How long have I been asleep?” She asked. Fujitaka let out a shuddering breath, reaching up to stroke her cheek again, like he couldn’t believe she was there.



“Four weeks, you’ve been in a come, Sakura. I’ve been so worried, I was afraid to lose you,” He told her. Sakura looked at him a little lost, before she leaned forward again, hugging him once more.



“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to worry you,” She whispered. Fujitaka chuckled, holding her tightly again.



“It’s all right, you’re here now, and you’re safe and awake”.










A table flew across the room, and papers swirled around the room as a menacing energy crackled through the air. Lady Marta glared at the image of Sakura and her father, and screamed angrily.



“Damn, stupid girl!” She screeched. Her fists clenched at her sides and she fell back onto her bed, as she flicked her wrist wiping the image from the air.



“Why won’t she just die?” She grumbled. She closed her glowing eyes and took a few calming breaths leaning back further in her bed, trying to formulate a plan. The card mistress was even more of a challenge now, since she had tamed her powers. The only way to get to her would be through her family or friends. She would have to send Jinji back again, and he could continue with his mission of befriending her.



“He had better not screw it up this time. I can’t afford to have anymore incidents or failures,” She said aloud. With a sigh she rose from her bed, and swept across her room to her doors, it was time to set her plan to work, once again.










Sakura felt so warm and loved, her family and friends were all gathered around her, laughing and rejoicing her awakening, yet there was one person missing from the party, and Sakura watched the door longingly. She hadn’t asked why he wasn’t there, she just assumed he was out or busy. Maybe no one had told him what had happened.



“What’s wrong Sakura, are you feeling all right?” Yukito asked, watching the girl as she snapped back to reality. She looked at everyone around her; they were all watching her now, her father’s eyes flashing with concern and fear.




“I’m fine, I was just…” She paused and looked at her lap. “I was just wondering, where Syaoran was”. The room fell silent again and Sakura looked up at her father, and then to Toya.



“Don’t look at me, I haven’t done anything. Yukito called him, but couldn’t get in contact with him,” Toya told her. Sakura nodded, looking back to the door, and then giving a small sigh. The door opened a second later, and Doctor Hanashi entered, a smile on her face.



“Sakura does need her rest, so I’m going to have to ask you to say your good-bye’s,” She told everyone.



Everyone was hesitant to leave, and her father insisted on staying outside until he could go back in to talk with her again. Of course Doctor Hanashi was understanding and let him stay until visiting hours were over. Sakura was left alone, with instructions to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes, a vision of crimson eyes haunted her. She didn’t want to see them, and she didn’t want to fall asleep incase Syaoran showed up. But the night passed and so did the visiting hours, and as she fell asleep her father was there by her side reassuring he would be back to see her tomorrow morning.



‘Syaoran, where are you?’










Syaoran sat up from his bed, a cold sweat running down his face and back, as he looked around his room. He’d had that nightmare again. He’d been having it for the past week or so, and he longed to be ride of it. It always ended the same.



“Those eyes,” He sighed, reaching up to rub at his own eyes. He’d fallen asleep on his couch doing homework, and he must have slept for most of the day, since outside the sky was dark. He glanced over to the kitchen counter where he could clearly see the light on his answering machine blinking. He ran a hand through his hair and then jumped up from his seat, leaning against the cool tile counter as he pressed the play button.



“Syaoran, it’s Yukito. We just got word from the doctor, Sakura has finally woken up, meet us at the hospital”. Syaoran’s eyes widened and he let out a heaving sigh. She was awake, finally. He rushed to get changed and then stumbled back into his living room, glancing at the clock.



“Damn it,” He cursed. It was well past midnight and visiting hours had been over for a long while now.



“I’ll have to wait until first thing tomorrow morning. Damn,” He cursed again. He sat back down on his couch and stared at the clock. He would wait for morning to come.