Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Gaining Energy ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Twenty One - Gaining Energy

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own CCS, nor do I claim to. No profit is being made from this…it's only for my amusement :P

Author's Notes - Sorry this chapter is so short. It's actually sort of an interlude, because after this we're going to be skipping some time. I've been dragging out the first few weeks of school too long, and its time we moved foreword with the fic. Don't worry though, because there's still a helluva lot more to go. We won't be skipping that much time, anyway. Sorry for the lack of Sakura and co in this chapter as well. More of them in the next chapter though. Oh, and yes, Yukito seems pretty evil in this chapter. I don't have much to say about that, though I do have one question. Would anyone be angry with me if I added in some Touya/Yukito/Yue side romance in future chapters? Let me know, because I'd really like to do this, but I don't want to scare anyone away who's not into that type of thing.

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran, Eriol/Tomoyo

Summary - Sakura's recently moved to Tomoeda. Syaoran makes a bet that he can have any girl, even her. But when he finds out who she really is...the adventure's only just beginning.

----------

The room was dark, a flaring fire lit in the fireplace giving off the only bit of light and heat. Across from the fire sitting in a chair sat Eriol, whom was staring into the fiery depths with a look of great thought. There was a crack as one of the newer logs in the fire started to crackle and burn, but Eriol paid no attention to any of it. He stared straight ahead into the fire, not even bringing himself to blink.

He tried to get to her, his mind was a mess of questions and realizations. He'd sensed the moon guardian's power earlier, and using what power he had been left from Clow Reed, Eriol had managed to transfer his consciousness across the city and into Sakura's dreams. It hadn't been an easy task, but he had done it. Now he felt drained.

"Eriol-san." A voice came from somewhere close, and Eriol didn't have to look to know that Spinal Sun was stretched out on the arm chair, his head in a book.

"Yes?"

"We discussed the possibility before, but do you think he really is awake? Isn't it impossible?" The small cat asked, looking up at his master.

"I felt him, Spinal," Eriol replied, his eyes still in the fire. "When I went into Sakura's dream, he was calling to her. There's no other possible way for him to do that unless he's awakened."

"Then Yue is indeed awakened then?" Spinal Sun followed his master's gaze, looking at the flickering flames.

"He's growing impatient," Eriol told the small cat like creature, "He wants the new Clow Mistress to hurry and he's starting to push her. If she does not collect all the cards before he comes for her…"

"But this is impossible!" Spinal protested, "He shouldn't even be aware of himself! Not until he is called upon for the judgment!"

"He is, and he wishes to judge Sakura soon." Eriol sighed, finally lowering his gaze as he pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly. "At this rate, everything's going to end up a disaster. I don't even know where Yue is getting enough energy to exist as he is. When I was Clow Reed, he drew his powers from the cards and I. Now he has nowhere to get enough power to even exist," Eriol shook his head, "He can't draw any power from Sakura until she's caught them all and changed them."

Spinal tilted his head. "That's strange. Is there anywhere else he could be getting it, anyone he could be drawing it from?"

Eriol shook his head, for once, looking lost. "Hopefully Ruby Moon will be able to tell us something in time."

"I'm hommeee!" A female voice called through the halls, a slight echo sounding afterwards.

"Speak of the devil," Spinal said dryly as Nakuru entered the room, her jacket slung over one shoulder. With a twirl of her hand the jacket fell to the floor and she had transformed back into Ruby Moon, her wings brilliant even in the dim light.

Eriol looked at her for a moment, one brow raised. "Well?"

She blinked. "Well what?"

From beside him, Spinal sighed and shook his head. "How'd it go?"

Ruby Moon tilted her head to one side. "It went well. We saw some stupid movie," she yawned, fanning herself with one hand, "It was boring. I almost fell asleep."

"Did you keep a close eye on Yue's human form?" Eriol questioned.

"Of course, that's what you sent me to do, wasn't it?" She replied, huffing as she continued, "You know, keeping up the lovesick crazy schoolgirl act isn't easy!"

"If acting like an idiot keeps Yue away from Sakura and her family, then you must do what you must," the smallest guardian said, earning a glare from the pink haired woman.

"Hey! I did what I was told!" She crossed her arms, "I tagged along to the stupid movie, managed to squeeze in and sit between Touya and Yukito. I even tried to hold the human's hand and I conned him into buying me some popcorn!"

"You obviously didn't do your job quite good enough," retorted the smaller guardian. "Yue came to Sakura in her dreams."

"What??" Ruby Moon almost yelled, a look of disbelief on her face. "That's impossible! I was with Yukito the whole time! He didn't leave the theater once!"

"Are you sure?" Eriol finally spoke, gazing up at his trusted guardian. Ruby Moon would never lie, he knew that, but perhaps Yue had left for only a moment and she hadn't noticed?

Ruby Moon uncrossed her arms, letting them fall to her side as she looked at her master. With a nod she said, "I was watching him the whole time. Besides, he fell asleep in his chair halfway through the movie and we even had trouble waking him up when the movie was over."

"That's it!" Eriol whispered harshly as he got to his feet and started to pace before the fire. Startled, both guardians stared at him in question. "He was able to get to Sakura in her dreams because he was asleep as well!" Eriol said in realization, "This makes things a lot clearer!"

"So Yue can get to Sakura when they're both asleep?" Ruby Moon asked, still puzzled. "But…where does he get the energy to do that?"

Eriol shook his head as he paced. "I still haven't quite figured that one out. Eating and resting should certainly give him enough energy to sustain himself for a short period of time, but to do what he's doing…he'd have to be drawing power some somewhere."

"Is there anyone in Tomoeda he can be drawing energy off of?" Spinal questioned, "Anyone other than Sakura?"

"Possibly…but I don't know who would have enough extra energy to support Yue," Eriol admitted, slumping back down in his chair. Looking to Ruby Moon he said, "I want you to double your efforts. I want to know Yue's every move."

Ruby Moon bowed, accepting her master's task.

-----

It was still late out, well past two in the morning as Touya stopped in front of Yukito's house, having just dropped Nakuru where she had told him to. Turning the key in the ignition, he shut off the car as he looked up the steps to his friend's house, finally glancing at Yukito in the passenger's seat.

"Well, here you are," he said. "Home at last."

Yukito turned his head towards him, his ever present smile in place. "Thanks for the ride."

"Hey, no problem," Touya shrugged it off. "Did you enjoy the movie?" He suddenly laughed, "I can tell you how it ended if you want, since you fell asleep halfway through it."

"It wasn't my kind of thing," Yukito responded. And I had other things to attend to.

"Hey, it's alright. I probably would have fallen asleep myself if it hadn't been for Nakuru's death grip on my arm." Touya shook his head, "I really don't understand what's up with that girl."

Neither do I, but I intend to find out, Yue's voice sounded through Yukito's head, and he looked out the passenger's side window. "She's odd, but she seems like a nice girl," he lied.

Touya nodded, and there was a moment of silence before he said, "It's getting late, I wonder if Sakura made it home alright."

"I'm sure she's fine," Yukito smirked inwardly, though his mind was somewhat troubled. Who had been that boy that had come to Sakura's defense in her dream? There was something about him that made him seem all too familiar…

"I should probably get home and check on her," Touya responded.

"You should," Yukito agreed, and before Touya could blink Yukito had transformed, his hair a long silvery white and his robes a matching color of white and purple. Two angel like wings had sprouted out of his back, and as Yukito leaned across and lifted a hand to Touya's face, Touya couldn't help but shiver. "But first…" this new form of Yukito whispered, his hand trailing down Touya's face.

Touya's eyes closed as a silvery blue light started to shimmer around him, and suddenly his mind went blank. Yukito smiled, his eyes never leaving the other man as he 'burrowed' some energy from the strange man that had become his friend in the past few weeks.

Who would have known that the Clow Mistress' brother would hold such power? He smiled, his eyes closing as well as he felt the energy drain from Touya into himself. While the ability to see and talk to dead people may be useful, your power has been even more useful to me, dear Touya.

Once he had gained enough to last a few more days, Yukito let his hand drop to his side, transforming back into his human form. Faking a concerned look, Yukito shoved Touya's shoulder in attempt to wake him.

"Touya! Are you okay?"

The other man blinked his eyes open, looking disoriented as he looked over at Yukito. "Huh?"

"You must be tired, you nodded off," Yukito told him, knowing the other man didn't remember anything that had just happened.

Looking around, Touya shook his head tiredly. Now that he thought about it, he did suddenly feel very tired. "Must have."

"I should go so that you can get home and get some sleep," Yukito smiled at him. I need you to get lots of rest so that I can borrow your energy whenever I feel myself fading, he thought smugly to himself. He grabbed the door handle, opening it and stepping out of the car. "Good night!"

"Good night," Touya replied, shaking his head once more as he started the car and drove off.

Yukito stood there for a few minutes more, watching as Touya disappeared into the darkness of the night. "And thanks for the energy!" He called with an amused voice, knowing that the other man wouldn't hear him.

With a satisfied smirk upon his face he went into the house.

To Be continued…