Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Confrontations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Five - Confrontations

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever.

Author's Notes - Two chapters this update, to make up for my forgetfulness ^^;

For Latest Updates On Crow's Fanfiction - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowskywalker/

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - Its another day at school for Sakura, and so far things aren't looking all that good...

----------

Sakura yawned, stretching her aching muscles. Slowly blinking her eyes open, she groggily looked across the room at her small clock, and tried to read it the best she could with blurry eyes. 7:30...I'm a bit early waking up... It was then that the past night's trauma came flashing back in her mind, and she sat up right, grabbing for the key she always wore around her neck. To her dismay, it wasn't there.

"It's on the desk." Came a voice, startling Sakura, and for the first time that morning she noticed the two figures sitting across the room watching her.

"Touya.....Kero?" She asked, blinking, "...What happened?"

"Well, you sealed the Firey Card," Kero smiled slightly, "But you seemed to use a lot of energy doing it, and passed out afterwards."

"Then how did I get..?"

"Some stupid gaki brought you home." Touya frowned.

"Syaoran..?"

Beside her brother, Kero nodded. "He brought you home after you passed out...and after he tried to steal your Cards. But don't worry, I protected them for you," He smiled, "And I even saved him from being annihilated by your brother."

Sakura blinked and looked at her brother quizzically.

"What?" He asked, crossing his arms, "How was I supposed to act? I opened the door to find some Chinese gaki standing there in the dark, holding my sister who was passed out....what was I supposed to think? That he had nothing to do with the fact that you were out cold?"

"Well he didn't.." Sakura started, only to be interrupted.

"Either way, Sakura-chan, I don't trust him. He tried to take your Cards, and he knows about Clow Reed." Kero pointed out.

"I don't want you hanging around with him either." Touya added.

Frowning, Sakura nodded. She was outnumbered.

Sighing, she climbed out of bed on unsteady legs.

"Maybe you should stay home today.."

Sakura stared at her brother, studying him. When did he become so protective of me? She thought, but voiced out loud, "Why are you here, anyway?"

Standing, he walked towards her and ruffled her hair. "Had to look out for my baby sister now didn't I?"

She grinned and pushed him away. "Touya-san!"

"What?" He looked innocently, "Aren't I aloud to worry about you?"

"I guess..."

"Now sit back down. You're not going anywhere today."

"But.."

"And no buts! You have to regain your strength."

"But Touya-san!" She cried again, "I have to go to school! I'm already way behind! Besides, I feel a lot better already!"

Sighing, Touya gave in. "Fine, fine...but hurry up and get dressed. I'm making you a big breakfast, and you're going to eat every bit of it."

With that, he finally left, closing the door behind him.

"I wonder what got into him?" She asked herself, forgetting the Guardian Beast was still in the room.

"He was just worried about you. Fujitaka-san had to work all night, so he took care of you himself." He smiled, floating over to his Mistress, "You should have seen him...he stayed up all night watching over you!"

Sakura smiled at this. She had seen a new side of her brother. But her time was cut short as she looked at the clock and realized how much time had gone by.

"Oh no! If I'm going to be eating breakfast, I'd better hurry up or I'll be late for school!"

Grabbing her uniform and her necklace, she ran from the room and headed towards the shower, leaving Kero behind to stare after her.

----------

So far the morning had gone all right. Sakura had managed to make it downstairs in time for breakfast and had eaten the pile of eggs and bacon that her brother had cooked for her (with a little help from Kero-chan), and they had both managed to find their way to school without help. Things were definitely going her way until...

"Sakura-chan!" Came a voice, and Sakura looked up from her desk to spot her friend Tomoyo running towards her, a video camera in hand. "I've got to show you something!"

Sakura blinked and looked up at the smiling girl, who quickly dropped her things on the desk across from Sakura and turned towards her new friend. "It was the weirdest thing," She started, toying with the camera as she spoke, "I was up in my room last night, just looking out the window, video taping things as I normally do...when I saw something that was quite...un-normal."

Curiosity took over Sakura as she peered over at Tomoyo.

"Here," Tomoyo stated, handing Sakura the camera, "Take a look at this."

Gently taking the expensive looking thing from her friend, she raised it to her eye and watched as it played back the scene her friend was talking about. Her jaw almost dropped to the floor at what she seen. Oh no...It couldn't be... But it was. It was quite a distance away, but Sakura could tell just what it was. It was her - last night - on her wand as to hovered over the scene below.

"It..looks like some kind of bird.." Was all that Sakura could come up with.

"Zoom in closer." Smiled her friend, clicking the zoom button before Sakura could protest.

Sure enough, the picture zoomed in and she could clearly see herself now.

"It's you, isn't it?"

But Sakura never heard her. "Oh no...Kero's gonna kill me.."

"Kero? Who's Kero?"

"Who said my name?" Came a muffled voice, and Sakura peered down at her backpack. After yesterday, she had decided to keep it with her at all times, so she wouldn't have to carry around her books. Now she realized it was a bad idea as it started to move, and a small figure popped out.

"Kero!" Sakura's eyes widened, looking from the Magical Beast to Tomoyo, waiting for the scream to come. But it didn't. She blinked again, looking at her friend in surprise. Most people would have run by now, but her friend still wore her smile.

Kero turned to her to say something, but was soon interrupted.

"So you're Kero!" Tomoyo poked him, "Aren't you adorable!"

"Adorable?" He fumed, backing away, "I am the mighty frightening Beast of the Seal!"

"Kero!"

Kero turned to look at his mistress. "What?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I was making sure you were all right," He stated, his eyes roaming the empty classroom, "And making sure that gaki didn't hurt you."

"Hey..I recognize you now.." Came Tomoyo's voice as she watched Kero, "You were on that tape I made last night...with that fire and all. Syaoran was there too, if I remember correctly. Just what were you trying to do?"

Sakura was amazed at her new friend. She seemed to be taking this all too well. To most people magic and talking stuffed animals were probably something to be feared...but Tomoyo only sounded interested.

"Um.." Sakura started, looking to Kero for answers.

"It's...all kind of a secret, really." Kero laughed nervously, hoping Tomoyo wouldn't pry any more.

"Oh, come on." Tomoyo smiled evilly, "I have the whole thing on tape..now if I were to.."

"No, no, no, no! Please don't show anyone else!" Kero begged, "It's all bad enough you and that gaki kid found out already!"

"Then tell me," Tomoyo begged also, "I promise I won't tell!"

"Well.." Kero considered, but was cut short as someone entered the room, and he feel lifelessly onto Sakura's desk, hoping he hadn't been seen.

Looking up, Sakura found a pair of cold eyes burning into her.Syaoran..

"Well Kinomoto, aren't you a bit too old to be playing with stuffed animals?" Asked the boy, standing in the doorway.

"...Kinomoto?" She said, "When did we resort to last names?"

He casually walked down the aisle and took his seat behind the Card Captor. "Since you stole something from me."

"I did no such thing!" Sakura glared.

"Then explain how the Clow Cards came to be in your possession if they belong to my Clan" He countered.

"Listen here gaki," Fumed small Kero, glaring at the boy also, "The Cards belong to Sakura. When they escaped -"

"Escaped? And just how did they do that? I suppose it was just an accident that they were all set free and are terrorizing the city, now isn't it?"

"Well," Kero sweatdropped, "That's...kind of...what happened. But it wasn't Sakura's fault!"

Syaoran's gaze turned to the Clow Mistress. "You're not worthy of keeping those Cards. Once they're all caught, I intend to bring them back home, whether you like it or not."

During this conversation, Tomoyo had managed to sit still and listen, deciding to ask questions later. Although I will have to talk to Syaoran-kun..he seems very angry at Sakura for some odd reason. I wonder if this means the bet is off?

"That's what you think, Li-kun." Sakura shot, turning back around in her chair and slumping angrily in her chair.

Tomoyo figured this was just about a good timing as any to ask, but as she opened her mouth, the bell sounded over head. Damn! I'll never know what's going on! She curiously watched as Sakura quickly stuffed an arguing Kero back into her backpack. This is all so very confusing...

Glancing upwards, Tomoyo finally noticed the people entering the room - Eriol being one of the first. After glancing at Sakura and Syaoran, who both looked mad for some reason, Eriol took his seat in front of his Clow Mistress.

"Good morning Sakura-chan," He smiled at her, and then added, "And Syaoran."

There was a brief smile from Sakura, and a grunt from Syaoran, and silence quickly fell upon the small group again. He blinked, surprised at this.Maybe my plan isn't working as great as I thought it was...

To Be Continued...