Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Alone ❯ Morning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Woo Hoo! I finished ch.1. I like to say thanks to everyone who reviewed and telling me to continue. Cause if only like 5 people told me to keep writing, I wouldn't have done it. (That's how lazy I am)
Oh yeah, Sakura and Syaoran are 16 years old in this story. Also, in this story the 2nd movie did not occur, so Syaoran does not tell Sakura his feelings.
Anyway, enough talking lets get on with the story.
Alone

By Wendy
06/17/01
Disclaimer: Card Captor Sakura does not belong to me, they belong to Clamp.
Chapter 1
Morning

1 month ago
It was a sunny and warm June morning, the birds were singing, shops were opening, and the leaves from the cherry blossoms were fluttering around the passerby's. To everyone, it was a start of another beautiful day, but for Syaoran it was another day of wasted time added on to his life. I should be happy like everyone else; it's a nice day and also the last day of school but for some reason I'm not, why? He snorted at his own question. It was the phone call that's why, amazing how one call can turn your world upside down. Syaoran slowly made his way towards school though he would have gladly stayed at home, but he had already missed two days and didn't intend on missing anymore. If I missed the last day of school, then everyone would be curious and I don't want that to happen. He never really liked to tell his problems to others, sharing his burden was just not his style but with Sakura he told everything. Maybe it was the trust they developed during their card capturing days or the tight bond between their friendship that Syaoran is always able to tell her everything that's on his mind. Well, almost everything and today he can add another "do not tell" to his small list, he would eventually tell her, but not now. I just can't believe that-
B-R-I-I-I-N-G-G-G-G
His thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the school bell, telling Syaoran that his first class has already started. Great! Now I'm going to be late, hope I don't get detention. He quickly ran to his class, memories of the call were forgotten, for now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Syaoran ran though the school trying to get to class, praying that his teacher wasn't giving them a summer project to do but when he opened the door his eyes widened. This was far more worse then any homework assignment, this was the day Syaoran feared the most.
"Well I'm glad that you could make it Mr. Li, now can you please take your seat while I continue on with this slideshow of my trip to Europe last summer." The sensei simply said. "Oh and here is a picture of my wife and I standing near the indoor pool at the hotel we were staying at." Groans could be heard from the students and thoughts of throwing a chair at the projector were on everyone's mind.
"Good morning Syaoran, how come you weren't at school for the past two days? Asked Sakura, keeping her eyes on the slideshow. "It's not like you to miss school."
"Um…w-well I wasn't really feeling g-good, so I d-decided to stay home. I-I guess it was something I a-ate for supper." Hope she believes my excuse, but knowing her she won't.
Hearing this excuse, Sakura turned around in her desk to face her friend not believing a single word he said.
"You're lying."
She's good

"N-no I'm not, it's the truth. I didn't feel well."
"Syaoran stop lying though your teeth."
She's very good

"Ok you're right I'm lying, but how did you know?"
Sakura sighed at this question. This guy is hopeless; it's so obvious that he's not telling the truth, does he still think that I'm still the dense girl during our card catching days? Men.
"You really want to know?"
"Yeah."
"Fine then. First you were stuttering a lot, which means, unless you're having a communication problem, you were not telling me what's really on your mind. Second, two days ago you went out for supper with Tomoyo and I. You ordered a fresh garden salad, so unless you ate a cockroach, you should be fine. Lastly, your eyes are all red and puffy which means that you were crying." Her face quickly changed from a look of annoyance to worry. "So please Syaoran, tell me what's wrong. You know I don't like it when one of my friends are crying, especially you. When you are sad, so am I, I just can't stand seeing you hurt. I promise I won't tell anyone else, including Tomoyo."
Syaoran couldn't help but blush at what Sakura had said, he never really knew she cared for him that much. He always thought that he was just one of her friends and nothing more. Guess I'll be telling her sooner then I expected, but not during class.
"Sakura, I-I can't tell you now, not here."
"Well we both don't have a class before lunch, maybe we could meet up somewhere."
"Yeah, how about we meet at the court yard?"
"Ok, court yard at 10:45, is that alright with you?"
"To see you, any time is good."
Now it was Sakura's turn to blush, she quickly turned around hoping Syaoran didn't see her face. But she could hear him snickering behind her, which caused her to become even redder.
Syaoran always thought that Sakura looked adorable when she blushes, but making her blush always included pain. He was always rewarded with a kick in the shins or a smack to the head, today's prize was a pen perfectly thrown at his head.
"Ouch, I never knew angels threw so hard?"
Her face turns redder, next item thrown; her pencil.
"You know what? You're cute when your face looks like a toma-."
SMACK! With a well aimed throw it's game, set, and match for Sakura. Chose of weapon, her shoe.
"Kinomoto! Li! If you two are done flirting I would like to continue on with my slideshow, and Sakura please pick up your shoe."
Only now did the two card captors realize that the whole class was watching their little show and enjoying every minute of it. What made it worse was the social teacher's comment causing the two to blush a deep red, and suddenly their shoes, or shoe, seemed really interesting to look at. This was going to be a long class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10:45a.m, at the court yard.
Sakura quickly ran to her destination, questions kept popping up in her head, and she was hoping that Syaoran would answer them. As she entered the courtyard, Sakura saw him sitting on one of the benches deep in thought. Just what is he thinking about? Upon hearing Sakura coming towards him, he quickly greeted her with a smile.
"Hi Sakura."
"Hi Syaoran, so do you feel like talking now?"
At first he hesitated, debating whether to tell her or not. Sakura saw this and felt a little disappointed that he wanted to keep this to himself, but if he didn't want to say anything she would leave it at that. However he decided to talk.
"First of all you were right, I didn't get sick but it sure felt like it. It happened two days ago; when Tomoyo dropped me off at my apartment after supper, the phone started ringing as soon as I unlocked the door. When I picked up the receiver, they told me that they were calling from Hong Kong. T-they told me 'sniff' t-that…t-that-"
"Are you Li, Syaoran?"
Startled, the two teens looked up to see the school councilor, Mrs. Taki looking down at them.
"Hai, I'm Syaoran."
"Thank god I found you so quickly, may I please have a word with you alone?"
"Of course, lets go over there."
Sakura watched the two walk over to the other side of the court yard, wondering what Mrs. Taki had to tell him and what was so important. Could it be related to what Syaoran was trying to tell me earlier, something that occurred in Hong Kong so powerful that it reduced my little wolf into tears. I'll have to ask him when he comes back, I just don't want him to suffer anymore. What could have possibly upset him that much?
"NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE, THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!"
Sakura's head quickly jerked up trying to locate where the outburst had come from, her eyes laid onto Syaoran. Without thinking, she quickly rushed to him.
"Syaoran I'm sorry, but that's what they told me." Mrs. Taki simply said, trying to calm down the young teen but failing.
Syaoran couldn't move, couldn't speak, his mind was still trying to process everything that Taki had told him. He didn't want to believe her, he wished that it was just a cruel joke they were playing on him, but it wasn't. He felt Sakura slide her arms around him pulling him into a hug, like what a mother would do for her child. She kept asking what happened, he wanted to tell her but no words came out. He finally did the only thing he could do, he ran. He ran from the two shocked women, he ran out of the school and into the streets not knowing where to go. He just kept running, trying to leave this nightmare behind him hoping that he could escape his problem by pushing himself to the point of exhaustion and when he wakes up, none of this would have occurred.
He knew that he couldn't change the past, what had occurred has already been written in stone. Another chapter added to his life making it seem like a never-ending novel, waiting for more pages to be written in. Till one day, the last pages will be filled and the book will be finished, setting him free from the worries and problems.
But he has only reached the climax of his life,
Filled with sorrow and pain.
For now, only one word can describe him,
Alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be continued…
I'm sorry if I did a bad job writing/typing this story, but I just wrote what was in my head. If I didn't start typing anything, I would have lost interest in the story and gave up on it. But don't worry, I'm actually starting to like what I have done so far and intend to finish it. So please review and tell me if you like and remember flames must be kept to a maximum of 3 sentences.
Yeah I know I'm mean for not telling you the details of Syaoran's phone call, but I think I'll mention it in a later chapter.
Wendy