Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Always Faithful ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always Faithful
Chapter 2

Nakuru and Spinel were chatting about their master and Tomoyo.

"He and Tomoyo?Unthinkable!"

Nakuru scratched the cat's ears. "Of course not." she drawled. "He may be a reincarnation of Clow Reed but his heart belongs to a 16-year-old boy."

"But he and Kaho are engaged!" reasoned Spinel.

"They can always break it." countered the woman.

"No,I will not accept this.I don't like her."

"Why are you so down on Tomoyo anyway?" asked Nakuru.

"Because she's seeding confusion and trouble in our Master's heart.Because she's making him dependent on her." said the black feline.

"And you're jealous." she smirked.

"Naturally." it smirked back. "Aren't you?"

She sighed. "Oh yes,I am.But unlike you,I want Master to be happy."

"He's happy with us."

"He's happier with her."

The cat sighed. "I give up!Ok,I'll give the girl a try.As long as that girl could make our Master happy."
~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile,Eriol,dressed in his friend's creation,asked Tomoyo to dance with him.

"I'm not a good dancer." she admitted as he led her to the dance floor.

"It will be my pleasure to teach you." He placed her hands on his shoulders before wrapping his arms gently around her tiny waist,as if afraid to break her fragile frame.

Being this close to her friend was a new experience,and Tomoyo's starting to like the feeling of his body next to hers.She liked his manly scent mixing with his romantically sexy aftershave.Sometimes she wondered if Eriol was even aware of his beauty.It seemed as if his every move speaks of grace,but far from feminine.Way far-off.But she doesn't think he's making any conscious effort to do so.It's as if law dictates him to be that way.

"Tomoyo.." he murmured huskily when he saw her looking at him with fascination.Or was she just sleepy? "Lean on my chest if you're sleepy."

Her head automatically leaned on him.He impulsively inhaled deeply the fragrance of Tomoyo's hair while praying that she won't hear the furious pounding of his chest.He squeezed her soft hands and brought it to his lips.She looked up,startled.

"Tomoyo,don't be scared.It wo't happen again." he whispered,but it came out of his mouth as a pleased sigh.He loved the silky-softness of her hand.And that was only her hand.What if he dared touch her lips?

Suddenly,his cellphone rang.Annoyed,he took Tomoyo back to their seats and excused himself for a moment.He then went outside the fancy restaurant to answer the call.
~*~*~*~*~*~

It's been a quarter of an hour since Eriol left her.Worried,she sauntered out of the place to try to look for him.She then heard her friend's familiar voice talking behind a potted plant.She was about to go when she heard Eriol mention Kaho's name.Curious,she stayed for awhile to hear what she had to say to Eriol.

"Go back to London?When?" he asked.

After hearing her reply,Eriol sighed. "But Kaho..alright!As soon as I finish my business here,I'll go home.Yeah,ok,.Bye." He thought he heard steps running away from him,but then again,it might just be him getting paranoid again.He sat down to rest as he thought of ways to stay longer in Japan.No,he won't go.Not yet.He's, still uh,enjoying the climate.
~*~*~*~*~*~

Later,Eriol returned to the restaurant but was shocked to find Tomoyo drinking tequila in the bar.He quickly took the glass away from her hands.

"Hey give that back!" She stood up to take her glass back but only staggered.Eriol quickly caught her in his arms. "I'm taking you home."

"Oh,let me go!!" She looked at him,misty-eyed. "You liar!You told me you'll always be faithful to me but..but.."

Eriol shot the bartender daggers for giving her alcoholic drinks but the man merely shrugged helplessly. "Listen Tomoyo,we'll talk in the car." He carried her in his arms,ignoring the eyes following them.He silently promised himself that he won't leave Tomoyo ever again in a place that offers something stronger than Diet Coke.

Inside the car,he laid her on the front seat beside him.After putting her seatbelt on,he went to the other seat and faced Tomoyo. "Now tell me your problem."

"I heard you..you're going to leave me.You're going to leave me for that woman!Tell me,Eriol,what does she has that I don't?" she demanded.

"Listen to yourself,Tomoyo!Next time..."

"Start that engine and take me home already!" she screamed.

He wordlessly drove.Later he woke her up.She looked around. "This is not my house."

"I'm not taking you to Mrs.Daidouji in this situation." he carried her in his arms again and took her up to his room.He then laid her on the bed. "Now rest,Tomoyo.I'll be downstairs when you need me." He was about to turn the lights off when he heard her muffled cry.Alarmed,he turned around and saw Tomoyo crying.He cursed himself. "What is it?" he asked gently.

"You're going to leave me..." she cried.

"I'm just going to change my clothes." he replied.

She traced the outline of his strong jaw. "You won't leave for London?"

He gazed at her,troubled. "Tomoyo.."

She suddenly threw herself to his arms. "Eriol,I love you.I need you."

He was shocked,to put it mildly.He untangled himself from her arms before lifting her chin up. "I love you too."

Her eyes sparkled with tears before sitting up and kissing him.

Damn!Eriol was about to pull away when he realized that he wanted this kiss.This kiss was causing him infinite joy.This kiss,more than filling up her sensation,was making his heart very very happy and satisfied.

No stop it,Hiragizawa!He screamed to himself.She doesn't know what she's doing.She's drunk!You're the one who's in the right mind.Stop her!You're kissing your best friend!

But all of a sudden,his mind went blank.Tomoyo was all that matters.

Suddenly,the door opened.He quickly pulled away from her and found Nakuru and Spinel gaping at them.
~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning,Eriol and his servants were eating breakfast.Tomoyo was still in Eriol's room,fast asleep.

"So how did her lips feel?Sweet?Spicy?" asked Nakuru mischievously.Suppi shot her a murderous look.

He remained silent.

Suddenly Tomoyo went down,yawning. "Good morning,Eriol.Good morning to both of you!" She took a seat beside the boy as if nothing significant happened last night.

Eriol quickly stood up,mumbled a small excuse and ran out of the room.He can still overhear his friends talking.

"What's with him?Why did he run off?I wanted to tell him about my strangely vivid dream about him last night." said Tomoyo.

Nakuru giggled. "Vivid huh?I believe you."
~*~*~*~*~*~

In the garden,Eriol collapsed on the garden set,panting.His heart was beating erratically. "Now I know what my cute little descendant feels whenever Sakura's around."

He brushed his bangs off his forehead. 'No,I must not feel this way.Tomoyo's a friend..a friend,a friend!' he chanted the words like a mantra as his heart laughed mockingly.He quietly resolved to stop his foolishness now.From now on,he's going to avoid Tomoyo.He's going to focus his attention on the RIGHT person.He's going to try to call Kaho again later.

His heart laughed some more.