Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ An Unfinished Task ❯ A Completed Task ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
An Unfinished Task: Epilogue
By: Starlight Rose
Rated: PG
Email: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: I wish I owned CCS but alas I don't own it. It's
owned by CLAMP, Kodansha, Nelvana, and maybe a few other
companies that I don't know of.

On another note, some of the scenes in the epilogue were inspired and modeled after Meg's "Gonna Get Married." Please go read it at Card Captor Cynical: http://www.strawberrykisses.com/fenya/Anime/CardCaptor/index2.html

******************************

Spring was approaching and the cold winds of winter were finally giving way to warmer spring weather. The snow melted and the first shoots of spring began appearing on the barren earth and trees. Green leaves unfurled where ever you looked and the cherry trees were just starting to form little pink buds that in a few weeks would bloom into riots of sakura blossoms. Syaoran walked among the slowly reviving greenery with a small smile on his face. He hoped that soon he could do what he had originally set out from Hong Kong to do. In his pocket was a small little black box. He looked around trying the find the head of the girl he was looking for. Finally spotting her, he ran over and stood breathlessly before her. The dark-haired girl looked up at him quizzically and asked him, "What's wrong?"

Syaoran's face flushed crimson as he thought of the question he was going to ask her, "Daidouji-san...err...do you know Sakura's ring size?"

Tomoyo quirked a fine eyebrow at Syaoran's question and inquired in a high lilting voice, "Sakura's ring size?" Tomoyo grinned wickedly, "Yes, I know her ring size, but what are you planning on doing with that information?"

Syaoran's face flushed even redder, "Err...well..."

"You're finally going to ask her aren't you?" Tomoyo asked bluntly. Syaoran nodded his head in response and Tomoyo's eyes lit up. "Suberashi! I'll tell you on one condition." Syaoran looked at Tomoyo dubiously but allowed her to name her condition, "You will tell me when and where you are going to ask her."

"Why so that you can record it?" Syaoran asked.

"Of course. I need to record such an important moment in Sakura-chan's life. It'll be so wonderful."

Syaoran sighed defeatedly. He knew that even if he didn't tell her Tomoyo would have found some way to record it anyway and he supposed that in the long run it would have been nice to have a tape of it though he would never admit it to her. He knew Tomoyo well enough to know that she would be discrete about videotaping the engagement and would stay well out of his way so that he probably wouldn't have even noticed her. "Deal. Now will you tell me her ring size?"

"Sure let me go grab my camcorder and we can go to the jewelry store together." Tomoyo responded.

Syaoran sweatdropped as he realized Tomoyo planned on recording every aspect of this engagement.

*****************************

It was April first. Sakura's birthday. They had decided to hold her birthday outside in the park surrounded by all the sakura trees and their large pink and white blossoms. The party had been going on for a while and everyone was there including Sakura's onii-chan, Touya, who glared at Syaoran every time he even approached Sakura. Syaoran and Touya had reached a little truce at a Christmas party Tomoyo threw, but that didn't mean that Touya liked Syaoran any better. But for his imouto's happiness the onii-chan was willing to give her up, since he knew that Syaoran truly loved his sister and would have done anything for her. Touya was just sad to see his little sister growing up and not needing him anymore.

The party was ending and everyone was slowly separating, going their own ways. Some decided to enjoy the rest of their day at the park while others decided to go home. Catching Sakura cleaning up, Syaoran ran over to her and asked her to follow him. Sakura looked at him quizzically, but obliged. He took her to a groove of sakura trees on top of a hill overlooking the city. Sakura looked about the spot in awe and marveled at the beauty of it. From there she had a perfect view of the sun setting over the city's skyline. The sky was the soft pink and violet of dusk whose soft light spilled over the scene around Sakura. The light bathed the riot of cherry blossoms surrounding her.

A warm spring breeze blew through the peaceful scene rustling the cherry blossoms and picking several of them up to carry with it. Sakura turned around to tell ask Syaoran how he had found the spot, but when she did she saw him kneeling with one knee on the ground looking up at her with a little black box in his hands. Sakura gasped in surprise as Syaoran said in a soft husky voice, "Sakura, I have loved you since I was ten. Your bright eyes and cheerful face could always bring a smile to my face. Your caring heart could always warm me. I know I'm not worthy of you, but still I would be the happiest man on earth, if you would agree to be my bride. I promise that I will always protect you and do everything in my power to make you happy. Please, marry me, Sakura."

Tears of joy flowed through Sakura's eyes as she threw herself at Syaoran whispering, "Yes. I'll marry you."

Syaoran received her with open arms and hug her to him. He slowly pried her arms from around him and gently removed the little jade ring from its box and slipped it onto Sakura's fingers. Sakura's eyes glowed with happiness as Syaoran bent over to kiss his new fiancé. The sun set casting its golden rays on them as the two lovers kissed in it's dying light, though their love was just beginning to bloom like the cherry blossoms that surrounded them.

From behind a tree Tomoyo taped the two's union with tears of happiness also stinging her eyes. "Suberashi. Syaoran-kun is so romantic. Ganbatten ne, Sakura, Syaoran." Tomoyo whispered softly. Behind her Soujiro shook his head ruefully. His girlfriend would never change he thought as he silently fingered a small ring sitting in his pocket. That would have to wait he thought. Today is Sakura and Syaoran's day.

*****************************

It had almost been a year since Syaoran had returned to Japan and soon he would have to leave. Syaoran did not want to leave though. He knew that he had lots of responsibilities in Hong Kong, but he couldn't bear to leave Sakura again. He knew that he could have brought her with him, but he felt that it was unfair to take her away from her friends and family like that. Syaoran stared at the phone sitting in front of him. In two weeks he would have to return to Hong Kong.

Syaoran looked over at Sakura all tucked in and sleeping soundly on his bed. Syaoran and Sakura had been having a study session for an upcoming Calculus test, when Sakura had dozed off to sleep. Syaoran didn't have the heart to wake her so he placed her in his bed and tucked her in gently planting a soft kiss on her lips.

Responsibility to his family and responsibility to his love warred within Syaoran. Sakura sighed softly in her sleep and whispered, "Syaoran...aishiteru."

Syaoran's heart melted at that and he smiled softly at her sleeping form before picking up the phone and dialing his home in Hong Kong. His mind was made up. He would stay in Japan. He knew that his mother was more than capable to taking care of the Li Clan while he stayed in Japan. Syaoran knew that he had years of responsibility to his family before him, but he only had so much time to spend living a normal life with Sakura, so why not extend that time a bit.

The phone rang several times before anyone answered it. On the other end a woman's voice answered. Syaoran recognized the voice as being that of his mother's and drew in a deep breath before saying, "Hello mama. It's Xiao Lang."

"Xiao Lang so you finally decided to call your mother after all this time hmm?" His mother teased before rapidly firing questions at him. "How are you doing in Japan? Have you finished whatever it was you wanted to do? When are you coming home? Your year is almost up you know."

"I'm not coming home yet. I want to stay in Japan. I know that I have many responsibilities in Hong Kong, but I'm not ready to return yet. I've finished my unfinished business, but I want to live a normal life and be a normal person before I have to become the head of the Li Clan. I know you are capable of taking care of the clan for me. You have been doing it for the last 16 years so another three or four more shouldn't matter." Syaoran told his mother holding his breath waiting for her response.

"I understand." His mother said.

Syaoran blinked in surprise and asked, "You do?" He had expected his mother to be disappointed in him. He had expected her to tell him that he had duties he had to perform in Hong Kong and that he should return immediately. He expected her to lecture him on how he could not live a normal life because of he was destined to be the head of the Li Clan, but he certainly was not expecting her to understand and allow him to stay that easily.

"Yes. I know you have had a hard childhood and I can understand you want to live a normal life before you take up your duties, but just don't stay away too long. At least come back and visit us sometime."

"Xie, xie, mama." Syaoran replied stunned not believing it was so easy.

"Take care of yourself my son." Syaoran's mother said before hanging up the phone. She smiled to herself at the shock that was evident in her son's voice when he was allowed to stay. She turned around and smiled to her visitors and told them, "Thank-you for coming here Hiragizawa-san."

"No thank-you for welcoming me. I'm glad you let my cute little descendant stay in Japan with Sakura-chan."

Syaoran's mother smiled and nodded saying, "It's hard to deny a request made by the reincarnation of Clow Reed, but my son does need to be able to live a normal life for at least a little while."

*****************************

Sakura stood on top of a dressmaker's pedestal looking down at the dress she was wearing doubtfully. At this moment the dress was still relatively simple, but if she knew Tomoyo-chan it wouldn't stay that way. "Tomoyo-chan is all this really necessary?"

"Don't worry Sakura-chan I promise to not go overboard with the dress." Tomoyo replied as she grabbed another pin from her case and bunched some ribbons together. Sakura sweatdropped as she thought of Tomoyo's idea of not going overboard. She was already surrounded by yards of satin and lace and she wondered how much more Tomoyo planned to add before she considered the dress complete.

Tomoyo just grinned up at her friend. She knew what Sakura was thinking, but she had had the plans for this dress for years now already. She had been planning and fixing up the design for a long time and knew that this dress would be her greatest achievement yet. She had already finished making the suits for the groom and the groomsmen and the bridesmaids. Now all that was left was the dress for the beautiful bride.

Sakura just sighed and resigned herself to another several hours of standing on the dressmaker's stool.

*****************************

Sakura stood at the airport with Syaoran waiting for his family to arrive. She fidgeted wondering what they would think of her. The plane finally arrived and from it a large group of women stepped out. Four of the women looked around for a few moments before spotting Syaoran and running over to him and glomping him.

"Look how much he has grown since we last saw him!" The eldest of the four exclaimed. Syaoran blushed at their behavior and reaction towards him, but he bore it patiently knowing his sister's tendencies all too well. "He looks so handsome. I almost wouldn't recognize him to be our di di." another exclaimed. They continued to prod and pinch him for several minutes as Syaoran saw Sakura watching them with a confused expression on her face.

Finally they turned their attention away from him and turned to see what he had his attention focused on. Syaoran started panicking at this point. "Oh she's so cute! She's perfect for Xiao Lang." They squealed as they moved away from him and began glomping Sakura and pinching her cheeks, stroking her hair, and hugging her. "Oh she has such a delicate beautiful face."

"She's grown even prettier than the last time we saw her."

"Her hair's longer but it suits her really well."

"No wonder di di, loves her so much. So this is why he refused to return to Hong Kong hmm?"

"Can you blame him? She'll make a great mei mei for us. I can't wait to play with her."

"She'll be so fun to dress up."

"Hoooooeee?" Sakura exclaimed confused as she found herself suddenly surrounded by four female versions of Syaoran. They hugged her and examined her so intently Sakura began to blush.

Finally another more mature female voice called out, "Girl's leave your little sister alone." The four backed away from Sakura allowing a beautiful woman to approach Sakura. She remembered the lady as being Syaoran's mother and bowed politely to her. Syaoran's mother looked at her carefully and said, "You've grown even more powerful, Card Mistress." before turning to Syaoran and telling him, "She is beautiful my son."

Both Syaoran and Sakura blushed bright red.

*****************************

Li Meiling walked into her hotel suite and plopped her bags down onto the floor of the room and looked out the window at the town she had not seen in years. Sighing warily she walked back to her luggage and unpacked her cloths. Syaoran had offered to let her stay at his apartment but she had declined instead opting to stay in a hotel with most of the clan. It wasn't that she hadn't wanted to, but that she was afraid of what might happen if she had stayed at his apartment. It would have brought back to many painful emotions that Meiling just wanted to avoid. She still loved Syaoran even though she gave him up and she knew that if she stayed in his apartment she couldn't avoid the sight of him. The sight of him caused her heart to ache so she had avoided him as much as possible. Although she had agreed to be one of Sakura's bridesmaids, she still felt sadness over losing her first love. But Meiling could not hate nor resent Sakura for taking her love away from her. Sakura was Sakura. She was kind, caring, and sweet and Meiling couldn't and didn't want to hate her.

Finally done unpack Meiling left the hotel. She wanted to relax for a bit before she got thrown into the turmoil that would be Sakura and Syaoran's wedding. In the warm spring evening Meiling walked aimlessly about the town that held so many fond childhood memories. She reminisced sadly on her days in Tomoeda chasing after Syaoran as he chased after the Clow Cards. Those days she was completely innocent and naive. She didn't realize then that Syaoran only loved her as a younger sister and not as more. She probably should have seen his heart turning to Sakura sooner than she had, but she hadn't. She was too wrapped up in her feelings for him to see his feelings. She had been sure that he loved her too. He just hadn't realized it yet or he just didn't want to show it, but she should have known better. The way Syaoran treated her was like a younger sister, not a possible lover.

Meiling smiled bitterly at the irony of hindsight. As she walked a familiar route to King Penguin Park she saw ahead of her a familiar figure with long auburn hair. Meiling hesitated a moment not sure whether or not she should call out to the figure in front of her. Sighing sadly Meiling realized that she could not also avoid the girl and softly called out, "Kinomoto-san, matte."

Sakura turned around to stare at the dark-haired beauty before her startled before smiling sweetly and saying, "Konnban wa Meiling-chan. What are you doing here?"

With a pain in her heart Meiling realized that that sweet smile was one of the things that Syaoran had fallen in love with. She smiled weakly at the girl and replied, "I was just out taking a walk. Would you join me for little bit?" Sakura nodded in reply and the two beautiful women slowly walked side by side to the park.

When they got to the park Meiling sat down on one of the swings. Sakura sat down on the one next to her and the two girls sat side by side silently for several minutes before Meiling spoke up, "You know when Xiao Lang returned to Hong Kong and I found out that you two were not together I was ecstatic. I had tried to give him up when I realized that he liked you, but when I saw him return, I thought I might have been given another chance. But I was just being a fool. He loved you from the moment he met you. You two are soulmates whether he realized it then or not. Whether I realized it or not. I've been such a fool. I wasted so many years of my life trying to pursue the heart of someone that could never be mine."

Sakura stared at Meiling sadly but stayed silent and let the other girl finish. Sakura felt that Meiling just needed to vent her feelings of hurt and frustration out. "Since we were toddlers I had followed him around wherever he went. I thought that since he didn't mind me following him that he loved me, but just didn't realize it yet. I thought that if I was just patient and waited by his side he would eventually think of me as more than just a younger sister, so I extracted a promise from him. I told him that if he hadn't found someone by the time we were older that he would marry me. I had truly believed that he wouldn't find anyone better than me. But that was rather childish thinking. I was being vain and self-centered thinking that. Xiao Lang probably only agreed to it because it was what the elders wanted and because he didn't want to hurt me.

"Deep in my heart I think I always knew that he didn't love me as anything more than a sister, but I refused to accept that fact. I blinded myself to the truth because the truth hurt. I probably could have saved myself several wasted years and a lot of heartache if I had accepted that fact when I was younger. But I couldn't accept it and I chased him constantly. I followed him here all the way to Japan to find that he had become friends with you. I was so jealous of you then. I thought that you were trying to steal him away from me, so I was mean to you. I'm sorry Kinomoto-san. I know better now. You couldn't have stolen him away from me because he never belonged to me."

"Meiling-chan, you don't need to apologize to me. You weren't really mean to me. You helped me out a lot like Syaoran did." Sakura replied reaching her hand tentatively out to comfort the girl.

Before Sakura could touch her though Meiling stood up and walked a couple steps away and continued talking. "You've always been so kind Kinomoto-san. No matter how cold or mean Xiao Lang and I acted towards you sometimes you still always reached out to us trying to attain our friendship. That's probably why Xiao Lang loves you so much. I don't deserve your friendship, but I thank-you for giving it to me anyway. Promise me something, please?" Meiling turned around to face Sakura and Sakura saw a few tears falling from Meiling's eyes. Sakura nodded her head in acceptance.

"Promise me that you will take care of Xiao Lang. I know he acts like he's strong, but he's really very gentle and easily hurt. Please be happy with Xiao Lang, because if the two of you can't be happy together then I don't think anyone can be happy together. You two are soulmates, which means you were made for each other. I've finally given him up, so that maybe one day I can find my real soulmate. I'm giving him up to you because you are my friend and because you are the only one that can make him happy, so please make him happy."

Sakura stood up determined and approached Meiling. She wrapped her arms around the startled girl and hugged her warmly whispering, "I promise. Arigatou, Meiling-chan."

Meiling felt more tears coursing down her cheeks as she lifted her arms up slowly and hugged the auburn-haired girl and replied softly, "Iie. Arigatou, Kinomoto-san. You are a really wonderful person and deserve lots of happiness also."

The two released each other and smiled at each other, coming to a new understanding. Wiping the tears from her eyes and face Meiling smiled brightly at Sakura and told her teasingly, "If Xiao Lang ever hurts you, tell me so that I can kick his butt for you."

Sakura burst out laughing at the thought of the beautiful delicate Chinese girl standing before her beating up her fiancé. The thought just seemed so absurd considering that Syaoran was about a foot taller than both of them were. Sakura nodded her head and smiled appreciatively at Meiling. Meiling just winked at Sakura. She had finally been able to let go and she felt much better.

*****************************

Kinomoto Touya stood on a stool in a large chapel with an irritated look on his face. Scattered around him were numerous garlands and wreaths of white roses and sakura blossoms. Several petals from those flowers could be found tucked in the strands of his black hair and liberally sprinkled on his shirt. The garland that he was holding in his hands and trying to hang up slipped from his grip and went swinging down to smack him on the top of his head for the third time in as many minutes strewing more petals about the area. Glaring down at his chuckling friend he asked, "Remind me why am I doing this again?"

Tsukishiro Yukito smiled up at his friend and lover and replied, "Because it's Sakura-chan's wedding and you want it to be perfect. It's your imouto's special day and the onii-chan wants her to be happy."

"She's too young to be getting married in the first place and why does she have to get married to that Chinese brat?"

"To-ya. She is not too young to be getting married. She's already twenty-two years-old. Face it the onii-chan just doesn't like the thought of his imouto growing up and getting married. Syaoran-kun is a nice boy. Sakura-chan is lucky to find someone that loves her that much."

Touya sighed warily, "I know the brat's a good kid and will take care of her and she's twenty-two already though a part of me will always think of her as that five year-old that used to cling to me crying. Why does she have to grow up? Couldn't she just stay that little monster that I tease and protect? I guess it just makes me feel old."

Yukito looked at his friend sympathetically. He knew how much his friend loved his younger sister and he knew how hard it was for him to give her up.

*****************************

Sakura fell back onto her bed and sighed heavily. She looked around her childhood room sadly realizing that that would be the last time she would lay in her bed in her room as Kinomoto Sakura. From that day on she would no longer be Kinomoto Sakura, instead she would be Li Sakura. In a few hours Sakura would be married to Li Syaoran, her love, her soulmate. She knew she should have been preparing for the wedding right then, but she couldn't bring herself to start taking the steps to a new life just yet. She just wanted to lay in her room and reminisce on her old life for a few moments first. She knew Tomoyo would be coming over to help her prepare soon, but until Tomoyo got there Sakura just wanted a few moments to say good-bye to her old life.

A soft knocking at her window startled Sakura out of her reverie. She got up from her bed quietly so as to no rouse the still sleeping Kero-chan. Getting to the window Sakura let out a loud, "HOE!" that woke up the drowsy Kero-chan. Sitting calmly on a branch outside of her window was Yue. His long white hair swayed gently in a cool morning breeze and as he sat there waiting patiently as Sakura fumbled with the latch on her window. When she finally was able to open the window Sakura asked him, "Yue-san, what are you doing here?"

Yue just began climbing in through the window. Once inside the little room he answered her, "I didn't want to disturb your family so I came through the window. I came here to give you your wedding gift. Is Keroberus awake?"

"Yeah. I'm awake. You know you could just come through the door like a normal person. The only one here now other than Sakura and me is her father." Kero-chan replied glaring at the other Clow Guardian.

Yue ignored his companion's remarks and just said, "We need to hurry. Yukito still needs to get ready for the wedding."

"Don't rub it in that you get to be in the wedding if only in your false form as the brat's groomsmen." Kero-chan growled. Kero-chan truly felt happy for Sakura but he truly wished that he could have participated more in her wedding. She was his first real friend. She hadn't treated him like her guardian beast but rather as her friend and a part of her family. Although he knew that he would still be staying with her, he also knew things would no longer be the same. She was no longer the ten-year-old girl that he helped guide to become the Card Mistress. Now she was all grown up and about to get married and for the first time Kero-chan felt old.

"Don't worry Kero-chan you have a seat right up front with my father. He said he'll keep a seat for you next to him. Tomoyo-chan even made a little suit for you to wear to the wedding so even though you can't be in it you'll still have front row seats." Sakura said trying to comfort her guardian.

"Right." Kero-chan replied as he flew over to a drawer and opened it. From the drawer he removed the Clow Book and opened it releasing all the cards. The cards flew out of the book and surrounded Sakura as they had done once before when she was facing Yue's Judgement. From the cards appeared the Light and the Dark. In their hands they carried a necklace with tiny little crystal beads.

Holding out the necklace to her they spoke, "Because today is a special day for you and because you are our beloved Card Mistress, we wanted to give you a special gift. With Keroberus and Yue's help we have made this necklace for you. Within it is a little bit of each of our powers'. Please wear it and always remember us and remember we love you."

"Also remember that if you are ever in danger and we are not there you can call upon our powers using that necklace. It will not be as powerful as if we were there ourselves, but hopefully it'll be enough to protect you. This is our wedding gift to you Sakura." Yue finished for the cards.

Tears formed in Sakura's eyes for the first time that day though she knew that it would not be the last time, but the tears were nothing to be worried about because they were tears of joy. Hugging the necklace to her chest before lifting it over head Sakura whispered, "Arigatou, minna. This means a lot to me."

Yue bent down and gently wiped her tears away replying, "No thank-you Sakura for being our first friend and loving all of us no matter what we did to you or put you through."

Sakura enveloped him and Kero-chan into a suffocating hug but the two happily endured it for their beloved Card Mistress.

*****************************

Syaoran shifted uncomfortably in his white tuxedo. The wedding ceremony was about to start. He looked to the side of him and saw the crowds of people present watching the ceremony. Soujiro stood behind him attending him as the best-man and smiled reassuringly at him. Finally the wedding march started and Syaoran turned towards the door only to have his breath catch in his throat. Sakura was entering the chapel with her retinue of bridesmaids. She looked like an angel he noted. She even had the wings, that he had no doubt that Tomoyo had goaded her into wearing. She had on a beautiful white gown with off the shoulder sleeves that fitted tightly to her arms until they reached her elbow. The sleeves flared out at the elbows and flowed softly down several feet. The skirt of the gown fell about her in layers of satin and lace embroidered with tiny little pearls. The bodice of the gown clung to Sakura's torso tightly and had a line of pearls and roses accentuating the neckline. Sakura approached the alter escorted by her father. Once there her father took her hand and gently placed it in Syaoran's hand then took his seat next to Kero-chan and the spirit of his dead wife. Each of her bridesmaids took the arm of their respective partner for the ceremony. They continued to make their way down the aisle to stand before the priest and the ceremony began.

The ceremony finally ended and the priest spoke the words, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Syaoran gladly did as the priest suggested and lifted the veil off of his beautiful bride's face and kissed her tenderly on the lips. Sakura and Syaoran were finally bound together eternally and because it was Sakura everything had turned out beautifully. The entire chapel, save one disgruntled onii-chan, gave a tremendous cheer as tears gleamed in more than one person or spirit's eyes. Sitting in next to her husband Kinomoto Nadesiko wiped a tear from her eyes and smiled up at her husband as Syaoran's father sitting next to his wife smiled proudly at his son. At the back of the church the spirit of Christian Mauler smiled sadly as he watched his old roommate marry the girl he loved, the girl that had saved his soul and prayed, "Please let them be happy from now on."

*****************************

Sakura stood outside of the reception hall where the wedding reception was being held and starred up at the stars. The stars seemed to be singing to her their congratulations and Sakura allowed their warmth to wrap around her. A gently pressure on her shoulder caused her to startle out of her trance as she looked up to see Yukito standing behind her. Yukito smiled at her and whispered, "Congratulations, Sakura-chan."

Sakura blushed and replied, "Arigatou, Yukito-san. You were right I did find someone that I love and that loved me back."

Yukito smiled kindly at the little girl no longer little that he had always thought of as a younger sister and replied, "I always knew you would." A gentle pressure in his head alerted Yukito to the presence of someone that wanted to congratulate Sakura as well. Turning to her he said, "I think someone else wants to congratulate you." Light surrounded him and wings enveloped his form as Yukito was replaced with Yue.

Yue looked down sadly at the young woman and told her, "Congratulations Sakura. You're going to be moving to Hong Kong with Clow's descendent now, right?"

Sakura nodded her head in reply. Yue sighed and continued, "I wish I could go with you to continue protecting you as is my duty, but Yukito has a life here with your brother and it would not be fair for him if I went with you. So please take care of yourself."

"What are you so worried about?" Kero-chan said as he flew up to the two of them and transformed into Keroberus. "Even though you won't be around to protect her, I will be moving in with them and she also has that brat to protect her."

"That's right she has the stuffed animal and me to protect her." Syaoran said as he walked up to them and wrapped his arms around his new bride. "That stuffed animal is coming to Hong Kong with us though he will NOT be staying the same room as Sakura anymore. I don't want him around when we...ah..." Syaoran stopped short as his face reddened not wanting to continue with what he was about to say as Sakura's face also reddened and Keroberus and Yue snickered in amusement.

Sakura smiled and told the over protective group before her, "Thank-you for wanting to protect me, but I can take care of myself now."

Yue smiled down at her and replied, "Yes you can now, can't you. You are the most powerful sorceress in the world."

*****************************

In her beautiful wedding gown Sakura swayed gently to the music in the arms of her love before a gentle tap on her shoulder caused her to look up. Standing before her was Touya who glared at Syaoran a few moments before asking, "May I cut in?"

Syaoran glared back at Touya a few moments before smiling and nodding his consent. Sakura felt herself being swept from the arms of the man she loved most into the arms of another man that she loved with all her heart. Sakura smiled up at her onii-chan as he smiled tenderly at her and bent down and whispered in her ear, "I'm going to miss you monster."

Sakura grinned impishly at him as she replied, "I'm not a monster." and 'accidentally' stepped on his toes before replying, "I'll miss you too onii-chan. Thank-you for always taking care of me."

Touya just nodded his head as he continued dancing with his younger sister. Kinomoto Fujitaka and Kinomoto Nadesiko smiled bittersweet smiles as they watched their children dancing realizing that both of them had grown up and grown up to be wonderful people.

~Owari~

*****************************

Ch ristian: Wai! Sakura and Syaoran are finally together.

Touya: Wait a minute weren't you trying to separate them earlier.
Christian: That wasn't me that was the other guy.

::Touya quirks and eyebrow skeptically::

Yukito: I can understand about having another person inside you. It certainly makes things really complicated ne?

Syaoran (fuming): What am I doing here? I should be on my honeymoon with Sakura.

Eriol: Starlight Rose-san said that she was too busy studying to write this part so we are going to do the author's notes for her.

Soujiro: Where is Starlight Rose-san now? ::camera pans to a shoot of Starlight Rose fast a sleep with an English book spread out in front of her and a chemistry book acting as her pillow::

::Groups sweatdrops::

Syaoran: That's considered studying?

Christian: Give her a break she's been working really hard on this story. She was trying to get it done and posted by her birthday November 15th but just missed finishing by about thirty minutes.

Syaoran: Right. I'm sure it's really hard work find ways to torture me. You're just defending her because she gave you a cool death scene.

Christian: That's true.

Soujiro: Why don't we get this over with so that Syaoran can go on his honeymoon?

Syaoran (blushing deep red): Because the author is insecure.

Yukito: Please write her and tell her what you think of

Eriol: The story

Soujiro: The characters

Touya (growling): The romance, etc.

Christian: She promises to write everyone that leaves their email address back.

Syaoran (under breath): If she ever wakes up that is.

::Syaoran suddenly finds himself on the floor with a big bump on his head. Eriol stands behind him innocently holding a mallet.::

Eriol: Please ignore my cute little descendant. He's just annoyed that he didn't get more kissing scenes with Sakura-chan. Please do write the author. She'd love to hear from you.

Group: Ja ne, minna. It was fun!