Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Angel ❯ Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: I've been gone for how long….. My muse just got well but it seems he's in a bit of a daze. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's pretty much better now and he's been giving me a lot of inspiration but… there's still something wrong.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own CCS, alright. *looks at crowd with bored expression before bursting into tears.*
 
Disclaimer: The song isn't mine either.
 
 
Chapter 1: Angel
 
 
 
 
A beautiful 18-year old was sitting sadly in her room. Her delicate pale hands held a frame. In it, was a man with gorgeous chocolate-coloured eyes with hair of the same tint -Li Syaoran. It wasn't too long ago that he left her for another maiden. It wasn't too long ago he left her crying. It wasn't too long ago he broke her heart.
 
“Oh, Tomoyo, why'd he have to fall in love with you?” she pondered out loud as a single tear fell down her cheek. Wiping it away, she stood from the foot of her bed, and walked towards the trash can. The frame dropped into it with a loud “clang” that echoed throughout the deafening silence of the hotel room. Upon impact, the glass of the frame shattered, like Sakura's heart, into many pieces.
 
She looked down upon the shards and saw the moon reflected on each and every piece. It seemed to calm her a little somehow. Looking out the window though, and letting her tears finally drop freely, she wondered sadly to herself, like the many times before.
 
What was wrong with her? Why couldn't she love him enough? Doesn't she deserve to be happy? Doesn't she deserve to be loved? Why does the love have to be taken away? She was alone. It seemed to be only her against the world.
 
She wasn't mad at Tomoyo. She was happy. Sincerely happy that she found someone special, to hold her in their arms and to never let go… but of course, in the end, Sakura couldn't help but cry.
 
Spend all your time waiting,
For that second chance;
For a break that would make it okay.
There's always some reason,
To feel no good enough,
And it's hard at the end of the day.
 
I need some distraction,
Oh, beautiful release.
Memory seeps from my veins.
Let me be empty,
And weightless then maybe,
I'll find some peace tonight…..
 
 
 
Sakura noticed a small glint of silver in the starless night, but as soon as she turned her head for a much clearer look, it was gone. She shrugged it off and turned to her drawers and took her brush to tame her now longer auburn hair. Placing all her hair to one side, she changed into a night gown and yawned.
 
She looked down at the night gown. It was a gift from Syaoran.
 
I guess…no matter how hard you try, bitter memories still linger…
 
She was about to crawl into bed when she heard the door of her hotel room open slowly with a small squeak. In came a tall person with long gorgeous silver hair that was in a loose ponytail that dragged on the floor and soft, gentle pale blue eyes. His attire was quite unusual and he wore no shoes.
 
“W-w-who are you?” Sakura stammered as she took two steps back. She was in awe at the sight before her. There was a nostalgic aura that seemed to fill the cold room. He was handsome yet intimidating. He looked magnificent yet somehow, if it was possible, he also looked quite plain.
 
“My name is Yue.” The stranger told Sakura as he took steps towards her. Instinctively, Sakura stepped back. His eyes grew softer and his mouth curved into a sad frown. Yue kept advancing towards Sakura. She, however, kept moving backwards that she fell on the bed. There she laid motionless, eyes watery. Yue took her hand and she tried to pull back. She screamed in protest and trembled.
 
Why can't anyone hear me? Why? Why?!
 
Her thoughts were that of desperation. She tried to pull back some more but he was stronger than she. He pulled her roughly towards him and wrapped his arms around her; one arm around her waist and a hand on the back of her head. She was shocked for a while. Sakura struggled in his grasp and tears -there were so many tears.
 
“Let me go!” she yelled into his ear which she noticed had an earring.
 
Yue winced a little before leading her to the window. “What are you doing?!” she said but she got no answer. “Someone is going to hear me shout and you'll be in trouble!!”
 
Yue sighed. “No one will hear you for time has momentarily….stopped.”
 
Sakura gasped.
 
Stopped? Time has…. Stopped?
 
She looked at him, into his deep eyes and blushed a little.
 
Who is this person?
 
Sakura's thoughts were stopped because without warning, Yue jumped out the window with Sakura held securely in his arms. “What are you doing?!” she repeated, “I don't want to die yet!!”
 
Yue closed his eyes. “Hold on tight.” He said. His grip on Sakura tightened just as Sakura's grip on him as a flash of white light blinded her. She felt a sudden change and the wind blew sharper against her flushed cheeks. Slowly opening her eyes, Sakura tugged on Yue's shirt; clutching it firmly. She found that they were hovering high above the hotel; high above the clouds.
 
There were stars everywhere, flashing like fireflies. A flock of very pretty white birds flew past them, leaving a trail of feathers. The clouds below them looked so soft and the air was so cold. The moon was full and it was beautiful to look at. Before Sakura could stop herself, she smiled.
 
Her eyes flew to his face and found his piercing pale blue eyes watching her gently though you couldn't miss the streak of amusement in them.
 
Sakura quickly looked away; her face was so hot. She really didn't know why she was so embarrassed. She wondered then how they could be flying and then realized she was terribly terrified of heights. Sakura put her arms around his chest and felt something warm and feathery.
 
He has wings……. She realized. As she laid her head and listened to his steady heart beat.
 
Then that must mean he's……an angel.
 
 
In the arms of an angel,
Fly away from here,
From this dark cold hotel room,
And the endlessness that you fear.
 
You are pulled from the wreckage;
Of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel;
May you find some comfort here….
 
 
 
“Kinomoto-san?” Yue said softly as they flew through the clouds. “Mm?” she merely answered, her face still buried in his chest and her arms clutching him as though never wanting to let go. There was silence for a while and Sakura thought she would fall asleep.
 
Then Sakura felt that there was ground beneath her feet. Hesitantly, she let go of Yue and he took her face in his slightly shaking hands. Slowly and apprehensively, he leaned down and pressed his lips against Sakura's. Yue's eyes were closed and Sakura's eyes somehow fluttered close as well.
 
The kiss was feathery soft like wings yet there was something -something more…
 
Sakura missed the feeling of being kissed but there was something different in this kiss that she hadn't felt with Syaoran.
 
Syaoran…
 
Sakura's eyes snapped open and tears fell once again. She cried too much tonight. Yue pulled away when he felt her tears on his fingertips. She, however, remained motionless. The only moving part of her was her quivering lip. Yue's hands gripped her arms but it seems that there was no attempt to escape.
 
“Wh -I am so sorry.” Yue told her. He let her go and expected her to slap him and run away.
 
I am so stupid. How could I have ever thought of this? And this is all because I wanted to see her smile again. All because….. I love her. But I'm so very sure that she will not love me back, for who could ever love a fallen angel?
 
He stared sadly at the ground. There was nothing more he could do and what's done is done. All the hope that ballooned inside of him while they were flying was now deflating quickly. He wouldn't blame her if she hated him for the rest of his sorry life. He wouldn't blame her if right now, she ran.
 
To his surprise, she didn't.
 
“There -there isn't anything to be sorry about…” Sakura said while wiping away the last of her tears.
 
“Are you okay?” Yue asked tentatively.
 
“I'm perfectly fine.” She said though she couldn't hide the contempt in her voice. It was tight and “fine” isn't exactly the right word you'd use.
 
Yue looked at her. His expression turned unreadable. “Don't lie to me.” Yue told her with a monotone voice. Sakura shivered and fell to her knees in silent, tearless sobs.
 
So tired of the straight line,
And wherever you turn,
There are vultures and thieves at your back.
And the storm keeps on twisting,
You keep on building the lies,
That you make up for all that you lack.
 
It don't make no difference;
Escaping one last time,
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness,
Oh, this glorious sadness brings me to my knees.
 
 
 
“Why'd you do it?! Why'd you bring me here and why'd you -why'd you kiss me?!” she screamed at him. Her voice echoed through the tall grass of the forest. Standing up, she looked at him. “Why?” she asked him in a whisper.
 
When Sakura said, `why', it broke his heart. It hurt so bad that he felt like he was going to fall to his knees as well. That one word held so many different feelings: Hurt, sadness, confusion, slight anger, sympathy, and regret. When she said it, it was like the ground beneath him cracked. He just wanted to fly away and forget this ever happened.
 
But she needed an explanation.
 
“Some time ago, I saw you, smiling out the window, for no reason at all and I immediately fell for that smile…” he admitted, his bangs covered his eyes.
 
“I got to know you with my human form. The one you know as Yukito.” Sakura gasped.
 
“You were off limits then so all I could do was admire you from afar. I did not stalk you. I just wanted to see you smile and took advantage of every moment I was allowed to leave the prison I grew up in. But lately, you have been looking depressed. I figured it was because of Syaoran-sama -“
 
“Wait, you know Syaoran?” Sakura interrupted. Her head was spinning because of all these revelations.
 
Yue nodded. “He is my master.” Sakura gasped again and Yue kept his gaze away.
 
“He took me in when I, as he always says, “fell from heaven”. After that, he gave me a human form and kept me inside for half of my life. He only lets me out to run errands and often scolds me. He does not know I am here right now…” Sakura just nodded at him.
 
“I thought I would give you some time, so I did. But as the time passed, you seemed to become sadder and…lonelier. I wanted to talk to you sooner, to tell you… I love you and hope that you would love me back.”
 
Sakura's eyes widened. Her face felt extremely hot. She felt like everything was hidden from her and now as the world around her was revealing itself, she couldn't handle it. His confession was so sudden. Sure she may have had feelings for Yukito at some point but that was the past. Could it be possible for her old feelings to resurface? But, then again, this wasn't Yukito.
 
This is Yue.
 
“But, I know you would never love someone like me; a servant and a fallen angel.” Yue paused for a while, waiting for a reaction but he got nothing.
 
“”I could not bear to see you so sad. Even though we just met some time ago, I feel like I have known you my whole life. I am… I am so sorry for all this; for bringing you here, for…” He put his fingers to his lips. “…kissing you… I'm so very sorry for falling in love with you. I am just mistake that should be forgotten.”
 
Stepping back, Yue took once last glance at Sakura and walked away. His heart burning and thudding in his chest but he knew very well that he cannot have her.
 
“Wait!” he heard Sakura say, he stopped in his tracks, half happy and half afraid.
 
“You don't have to apologize for anything. I just… I just need some time to heal my hurting heart, y'know. I won't be able to answer you for the time being. I'm still not ready to fall in love again yet….”
 
“But… there is hope, right?” Yue asked. He was about to turn to face her when he felt her hug him from behind. “Yes, there is.”
 
In the arms of an angel,
Fly away from here,
From this dark cold hotel room,
And the endlessness that you fear.
 
You are pulled from the wreckage;
Of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel;
May you find some comfort here….
 
The trip to the hotel room was in silence. Sakura blushed all the way there. In the hotel room, the two said their goodbye's, and for the first time that night, Yue smiled.
 
His smile was so pleasant to look at. It was like drinking hot chocolate with the tiny marshmallows on a cold, winter night. Like a newly bloomed rose.
 
Sakura blushed crimson and Yue's smile grew wider. “I promise that my smiles will be reserved for you and you alone.” He whispered in her ear which made her blush harder. “No one sees me smiling anyway so that is really not saying much…” he added.
 
Sakura gave him a quick kiss on the lips to the surprise of both of them, before he finally left her alone, standing in the middle of her room which suddenly looked like there was more colour to it than just a pale gray.
 
Yue flew back to his master's house, entered and fell to his futon. His wings disappeared and he smiled to himself as he fell to a deep sleep; entering his fantasies.
 
Syaoran stood by the door and watched Yue transform into Yukito and time finally start moving again. “I guess he does deserve happiness, even for a fallen angel.” With that, he left with a smile on his face thinking that if he wasn't there for Sakura, there would be Yue.
 
 
 
Sakura touched her lips, just as Yue had done.
 
“Yes, there definitely will be hope.”
 
 
Author's Note:
 
This is kinda short. Well, shorter than my other one-shot fics, I think,
 
This will strictly be a one-shot. No more chapters. I'm better with one-shots.
 
Please read and review. I've been gone a long while because there is like, so much school work and all that crap and like…. Yeah. Please review. Reviews make me happy and help me write more. People aren't reviewing my one-shots… I feel so rejected… *Dramatically wipes away tears* Please, please, please. Reviews.
 
Any questions may be answered in the review section. Ask me then I'll answer.
 
Thank you and good-day/afternoon/night.