Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Addiction ❯ The sky acutest at its vanishing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: loosely based on ParaKiss.
 
Beautiful Addiction
By: Aisaki Sumi
 
-----------------------------
 
Prologue: The sky acutest at its vanishing
 
---------------------------
 
i. That rose, or ever colored by many waves
 
She was a girl who had lived in the shadow of her brother for the entirety of her life; no matter how hard she tried, she was simply never good enough. Top grades, teachers' praises, peers' admirations and neighbors' mindless flatteries were all taunts to her, mocking her cruelly; because she was constantly compared to her brother.
 
In their eyes, she was always the smart little sister of the child prodigy: Kinomoto Touya. Nobody referred to her as “Kinomoto Sakura”; nobody knew what her real name was. To them, she was “Tensai Kinomoto no imoutou” (Prodigy Kinomoto's little sisiter), and just as that.
 
Her eyes, the rarest shade of emerald, were filled with disdain as she derided the world in bitterness.
 
It was then he came along, holding an artificial colored spurious rose; a smile played on his lips.
 
He was handsome, attractive. Messily cut chestnut hair and eyes that were like the endless amber sea, defined him (undoubtedly) as the heart-robber of many teenage girls.
 
He had an esoteric and a somewhat cabalistic aura around him, making him seem inscrutable. But that was what drawn her toward him in the first place.
 
He was precarious, and she liked a challenge.
 
“Milady, would you like to model for me?” He asked softly, in a gentleman-like manner; the harmless charming smile was a sign of danger. He magically pulled out an artificial blue rose from the sleeves of his suit and presented it to her.
 
She took it and murmured, “Sure.”
 
ii. And drowned the sense in odours; stirred by the air
 
Bright artificial lights bathed the room, illuminating the material of her dark blue satin dress. Glimmering, she sauntered toward him, careful not to step on her dress. Spurious blue roses were braided into her silken auburn hair, and more were sewed on the outermost layer of her Victorian styled ball dress.
 
She looked elegant, graceful, like the most beautiful princess in recorded history. Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear, she was too fair; like the sun in the east, her beauty killed the envious moon. The golden lights shined upon her, revealing her pulchritude to the world.
 
The audience held its breath and waited for her entrance. But she was scared. This was the moment he worked so hard for—a moment for her to shine, wearing his dress, like the brightest star in the indigo night sky. She wanted the world to see his beautiful dress, to acknowledge his talents as a fashion designer.
 
But what if she messed up?
 
“Don't be scared Sakura.” He whispered assuredly to her ears; his warm breathe tickling her cold skin. She could feel his heated body pressed against her, his seductive scent filling her lungs.
 
“If you fail, it would only mean that I've made a mistake in choosing you.” He smiled, like the gentle spring, like the sun bathing the frozen earth and slowly melting away the wintry scenes of white.
 
Her heart sank; her smile cracked, but she thought determinedly to herself. I won't let you regret choosing me.
 
iii. A heap of broken images, where the sun beats
 
She loved the colors of dusk. The way the dying sun would throw such glorious embers of hope, and how the world became bathed in an ethereal light, the whole scene, dark blue shadows of the city haloed by such luminous radiance, took her breath away.
 
Standing on the top of the hill that overlooked the landscape, she sighed; a gentle breeze rustled through her hair. She stole a quick glance at Syaoran who was standing beside her from the corner of her eyes and she noticed how flawless his face was, as if molded by divine hands.
 
Suddenly, the quiet tranquility was broken as he slowly announced, with his eyes still set on the afar. “I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow.”
 
She felt her heart shattering.
 
“Wanna come with me?” He inquired, the familiar playful smile tugging on his lips.
 
She stared into his eyes, the bondless amber sea that was even more beautiful than the color of dusk. She looked for his reluctance to leave her; she looked pleads of her going with him. But she found none in those breathtakingly beautiful orbs.
 
“No.” She said firmly.
 
No.
 
And his smile widened.
 
iv. Memory and desire, stirring
 
Their teenage dreams were ephemeral, and the passion slowly faded away with time as both of them moved on with their life. Sakura, now a retired model but the CEO of her own modeling agency, was a woman in her late thirties. The fine lines of wisdom and experience replaced her ephemeral youth. But she liked the change.
 
Her eyes traveled down to the picture frame on her desk, and there, she saw that familiar handsome face who would always occupy a special place in her heart. He was her first love, and perhaps her last love. She could never forget the day he brought her into his world—a world full of dazzling glamour, talent, passion and high fashion.
 
The corners of her mouth lifted upward slightly as she remembered her youthful days when she was fearless of the world before her because he was with her.
 
Sometimes she wondered if he reminisced as often as she did about the time they spent together.
 
Sighing softly as she got up, grabbing her coat on the way out. It was the white fur-coat that he designed for her for New Year when she was eighteen, and it was the same coat she wore on the day when he told her he was leaving for Paris.
 
Ironically, it was nearing New Year again.
 
He probably didn't remember her anymore, but she didn't mind.
 
She would forgive him.
 
Because, loving him was a beautiful addiction.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
a/n: the strangest prologue I've ever written. The style is a flashback kind of style, with the entire novel spanning over just a few days, but to the reader, it seems like the story spans over at least a year or so. It's told in Sakura's POV but it will not be told in first person, just so you know. The style is rather complex to explain, but if you've read David Guterson's Snow Falling on Cedars, the style of this fanfic is adopted from that novel. (Don't ask why, I kinda got sick of the good old narrative way of telling a story)
 
Taking a break from my busy life filled with math. And I realized, perhaps, I've made a bad decision on going for Engineering Science `cause apparently I'm spending 2/3 of my day doing MATH. Ugh. I'm beginning to forget how English works now.
 
Anyway, I'm just experimenting with this new style. If it works, I'll re-write Black Wings with a similar, but with a slightly different style. But that's after the completion of that story though. Hehe.
 
Let me know if you want me to continue the story or not through a nice little review. :D
 
PS: Totally Confidential will be updated tomorrow.