Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Betrayal ❯ The Sound of Settling ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don't own Card Captor Sakura, because I would be rich and I am not. This is my first fic so please be nice! Oh and review!
The Sound of Settling
The Draconian Kingdom
"WAKE UP!"
Sakura groaned as she opened her eyes to the overly bright morning. It never used to be like this, she thought while shielding her eyes, what went wrong? Throwing back the covers, she let her thoughts wander. She knew her husband was not the nicest of people. But she thought he would grow kind and she would grown to love him. John was a good man, mean at first but decent when it came down to it. So why can't I love him? What's wrong with me?
Her personality had changed drastically since her marriage, nothing was exciting anymore. She hardly laughed, smiled, or done anything of that nature.
Sakura smiled fakely in the mirror. "I'm ready now."
Tomoyo, her hand maiden, was the only one she thought really cared for her in this house.
Frowning, Tomoyo saw the ever present sadness in her friends' emerald eyes. "What's wrong Miss?"
"Nothing."
"Don't lie to me, Miss. We go through this everyday-"
"And everyday I tell you the same!" Sakura snapped, her eyes flashing.
"Your right." Tomoyo said putting her hands up in defense. "It's not my place."
"It's okay." Sakura muttered feeling guilty. "What's on the agenda?"
"Well there's a rumor going around," The servant replied a smile now evident,"Whispers of a trip."
"Diplomacy?" Sakura asked eagerly.
"I don't know for sure."
Sakura didn't care what kind of trip it was, any kind would be sufficient. On these vacations, Sakura smiled fondly, she was free (with in reason of course). John was to busy kissing the asses of other rulers to mind her schedule.
Maybe Today wouldn't be so bad after all...
The Li Kingdom
Syaoran Li was not a kid anymore, he knew that. However his mother's need to remind him every day was wearing his nerves thin...
"Syaoran, your twenty-three! I want a daughter-in-law! I want grand children!"
"Oh is that all?" He replied sarcastically."Now Mother you have other children, many mind you, bother them!"
"You will not speak to me like that. I am your Mother." Yelan huffed.
"And I am not child."
She ignored him.
He rolled his eyes, Mother was painfully annoying. He stood ready to leave-
"Remember, King Malfoy of Draconian will be arriving in a day. I expect you to be on you best behavior."
A tedious smirk appeared, "Of course Mother."
Syaoran walked quickly, not glancing behind him.He watched the paintings passing him by and began to zone out. Why would I care who was coming? He growled pushing his bangs out of his eyes. He just wanted to be King, was that to much to ask? He didn't want spoiled Kings bothering him, the Li Kingdom was more than self-sufficient.So why were they coming? It was his Mother, it always was. His Father's reign was a very successful one. Hers, however, left much to be desired.
"SYAORAN! WHERE ARE YOU, LOVE?"
Syaoran froze. Gods I hate that girl! He tip-toed down the hallway silently (or at least he hoped), knowing any loud noise would catch her attention. He turned the corner and saw an extremely familiar hallway, his hallway. He was almost there, it was so close...
"Syaoran?"
"Fuck!" He cried, surprised. "Meilin, don't sneak up on me!"
"Sorry," she replied, not really looking sorry at all, "I just wanted to see you. I missed you!"
"Yeah, it's been about 20 minutes since I saw you last. Long-fucking-time wasn't it? Best 20 minutes of my life."
"Oh!" Meilin replied, a smile on her face."Your so funny!"
Her eyes were now unfocused, the day dream about her funny Syaoran filling her mind! It would be so romantic for him to write his own vows! Of course he would, his talent needed to be shared with others! And what a talent it was! She imagined the crowd laughing, her cheeks red with pleasure, his soft yet masculine hands covering hers...
Syaoran did not take the time to wonder at his fortune. He was running as soon as he saw the drool! Locking the door right after he stepped inside, he collapsed on his bed.
Another whole day wasted, imagine I could be training...
The Draconian Kingdom
"How was your day sweetheart?" John asked, his tone conveying that he didn't expect (or want) a reply.
"Fun," Sakura replied fakely."I read another book, and decided to redecorate the house."
"Exciting."
"Also I'll be committing suicide tomorrow so I'd like it if you didn't harass me."
"Sounds nice. Oh yeah, we're leaving tommorrow morning for the Li Kingdom. I expect you will be ready early."
"How early?"
"Early." He snapped showing the topic was now closed.
Sakura smiled at his annoyance, at least that's amusing. Hmmm, I wonder what I should wear tomorrow? Usually appearance was not important, but suddenly looking good was the only thing on her mind. Tomoyo would take care of her...she always did.
Early
"We're leaving in five minutes with or with out you!"
"Okay Mother."
"What was that?"
"Nothing." She stalked off muttering obscenities under her breath.
Sakura was ready ten minutes later. And he's still here, she thought smugly. She wouldn't be getting ready until they were on the aircraft. The ride there was long enough to get fully ready but short enough to still look fresh. Jet-lag is a bitch. The sun wasn't even up yet as she gazed around at the land on her way to the ramp. The ground was always a boring green, flowers didn't thrive on it, she found out the hard way. The sky was a dark blue, with absolutely no stars. Sakura supressed a sigh, and hunched over to get in the door. Without even a glance at her husband she walked straight to the bathroom Tomoyo in tow.
She was going to look gorgeous if it was the last thing she did.
The Li Kingdom
Amber eyes opened slowly, and glanced around the room. For the first time in many years Li was tempted to pull the covers back over his head. What's wrong with me? I'm getting weak. Today is just training. He groaned as he remembered the guests. It was supposed to be a diplomatic meeting in order to discuss points of a peace treaty. I'll really rush to attend that. Yeah right, I'll just skip out...
He had a plan to get out of it. His mother wanted him to get married, and what a better time than the present. He had obviously put it off for too long and it needed his attention as soon as possible. He would search through the Kingdom for the rest of their visit coincidently-
"-of course which I would do only to find real happiness with my true soul mate."
Yelan had a classic kind of beauty. She had aged much more gracefully than most her age. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched as Syaoran began his speech. At the end however her eyes were open in suprise and her mouth began to twitch.
So it didn't work out like he thought it would, and his mother didn't believe him. The truth was that he knew it wouldn't work but it was worth a try.
"Your going to stand here and greet our guests." His mother's stern eyes were trained on him as she hissed, "Politely. No Questions."
"I didn't ask." Somebody's bi-polar.
A group of giggling girls suddenly apeared. It seemed like everyone was a lot more happy than he was.
"Oh I am so excited!" Feimei squeaked.
Sheifa clapped her hands together."I bet you he's cute!"
"Malfoy is such a handsome name!" Fanren sighed, her eyes sparkling.
"It just screams sophisticated!" Fuutie replied in the most normal voice out of the four.
"Not as sophisticated as my Syaoran, he is ageless!" Meilin screamed, her ruby eyes shining.
"Yeah whatever stalker."
"I am-m not a STALKER!" she sputtered in indignation.
Another round of giggles were heard.
A lot of respected people have commited suicide, it's a very respectable way to die.
"Quiet!" His mother yelled finally fed up."We will not make a fool out of ourselves in front of our guests when they arriv-"
"The King and Queen of Draconian have landed, your Majesty."


~FIN



Please review and be nice!

~Fearandloathing