Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura, Kero-chan, Syaoran, and... ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic will be S+S, and will deal with more mature concepts later on. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

Chapter 9: Sakura, Kero-chan, Syaoran and …
Location: Penguin Park.
Time: Late afternoon.
A blue hedgehog-looking animal with a curly tail, jumped and landed onto the ground of the park. Despite the colour, it was obviously not ordinary by its comical swirls for eyes. A young male's shoes skidded on the dirt of the playground, bringing him to a stop in front of it.
"I found this card earlier!" he yelled to something. That something was a flying cute teddy bear with ears that were way too large, making it look disfigured.
"We've found it first brat!" retorted the supposed doll. Before they could go further in their argument, their blue prey began to make an escape.
"Sakura, there it is!" shouted Cerberus.
With a jump that was not possible for an ordinary human, a young woman landed on the infamous Emperor Penguin of Tomoeda Park.
"Hold it right there!" Sakura yelled, bringing a staff in front of her.
"Return to thy form which thou should be!" she chanted as the card jumped in her path, "Clow Ca..."
She was cut off as she faltered when the card extended its tongue at her. She ducked under the path of the card and it landed on her. Using her back to propel itself, it continued its escape.
Syaoran and Cerberus ran, well in Cerberus's case, flew, after it. Syaoran tackled the card and Cerberus grabbed onto its tail. A blue glow surrounded the three figures as they fell to the ground.
"Sakura! Seal it! Do it quick, else it'll run away again!" yelled Syaoran in an Osaka accent.
"Huh?"
"Especially since it's caught by us now! Hurry!" commanded Cerberus, his eyebrow strangely drawn inwards.
"Return to thy form which thou should be! Clow Card!" chanted Sakura. The "animal" began to dissolve and wisps of blue flew to Sakura's staff, forming a card. The card gently descended into Sakura's grasp.
"Are you okay?" asked Sakura as she ran to the fallen pair.
Syaoran looked at his hand in puzzlement and appeared to be testing it.
"It did it," he said as he smacked his face with the same hand.
Cerberus stared at his hands and body in confusion. He looked desperately around and felt sweat forming on his brow, "What the hell!"
"Kero-chan, when did you start swearing?" asked Sakura in horror.
"Well, calm down," said Syaoran casually to Cerberus.
"What happened? It couldn't be just now..." said Cerberus in an unusually agitated manner.
"Kero-chan, the way you speak..." trailed Sakura.
"Sakura, stay calm and listen..." said Syaoran.
"And Li, you're speaking in Osaka dialect..." interrupted Sakura.
"Don't be shocked. I'm Cerberus,"
"Wh...What are you saying? Li-kun, stop kidding..." said Sakura uneasily.
"He's not kidding," said Cerberus in a defeated manner, "I'm Li Syaoran."
Sakura looked in horror at them and taking a few steps backwards, she cried, "HOOEEEEE!"

Note: The name person who is the original owner of the body will go first. The name of the person whose mind is in possession of the body will go in the square brackets. Ara, what a confusing chapter to write. ^^;;

Sakura pressed her new capture against a tree and wrote her name on it, claiming it for hers.
"Then, let's go home, Kero-chan," said Sakura, kneeling onto the ground and opening her arms for him to fly in.
"I... I'm not him!" yelled Cerberus [Syaoran], as he shook his head and backed away. He fought with himself to look away as he saw too much leg in his view. A long battle it was, but he had won.
"Kero-chan is actually Li-kun?" asked Sakura, looking for confirmation.
"Yeah," they both replied.
"What did the card do? What's going to happened to both of you? Is it going to make you do things out of your will?" asked Sakura, worriedly.
"There is nothing to worry about. Only our minds have been switched," replied Syaoran [Cerberus].
"But if it doesn't cause chaos everywhere, why was this card created?" asked Sakura with uncertainty.
"Clow Reed made cards for a lot of things. Its uses are not always determined."
"What a carefree guy," said Cerberus [Syaoran].
"What?!" yelled Syaoran [Cerberus] in anger.
"Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I'm turned into this stuffed doll!"
"Who's a stuffed doll! It's much cooler compared to this dull body," said Syaoran [Cerberus] while hanging his hands in displeasure.
A staring contesting ensued. Sakura watched the both of them and stifled a giggle.
"What?!" "What's so funny!" They yelled simultaneously.
"I'm sorry. But how come it only happened to the two of you, and I'm fine?"
"We both made contact with the card at the same time. And that activates the card, Change," explained Syaoran [Cerberus].
"How do we get back to normal?" asked Cerberus [Syaoran] with a hint of desperation.
"Don't worry. Just hang on 'til tomorrow. Change's power will resume in a day. Then Sakura just needs to use the card on us and we'll be fine. But, during that time, there's something you and I must do..." said Syaoran [Cerberus] with a serious air.
"Something?" asked Cerberus [Syaoran] with a worried look.
"But I wonder if you can do it..." said Syaoran [Cerberus] while folding his arms together; Cerberus's usually contemplating look.
"I'll do it. Tell me!"
"Tomorrow evening to exchange our bodies, tightly we must..." said Syaoran [Cerberus] as Cerberus [Syaoran] looked on with an eyebrow twitching anxiously.
"… Hold each other tightly."
Both Sakura and Cerberus [Syaoran] facefaulted and their hands twitched.
"It's not simple. Can you do it, brat?" said Syaoran [Cerberus] furiously, pointing a finger at Cerberus [Syaoran], "I'm fine with this but if you can't, we'll be like this forever."
Cerberus [Syaoran] looked at him in terror and then said with a resigned face, "I have no choice."
"Well, we now know how to turn you guys back, but what are you guys going to do?"
"About what?" asked Syaoran [Cerberus].
"You guys are going to be like this until tomorrow, right?"

"I hope he won't get busted," said Cerberus [Syaoran], watching Syaoran [Cerberus] enter his apartment.
"We wouldn't have to worry if we were to tell Meiling-chan," stated Sakura.
"But she'll make a big deal out of it."
"Then there's nothing we can do. You have to stay this way until tomorrow evening."
"But..."
"It'll be okay if he remains patient."
"You think he can keep it down?!" said Cerberus [Syaoran] hopefully, raising his balled fist.
"Maybe..." trailed Sakura, hoping Syaoran wouldn't notice that she was sweating.

"It looks good. Then, let's eat!" said Meiling cheerfully as she dipped her spoon in the soup that Syaoran [Cerberus] made.
"Is there something wrong?" asked Syaoran [Cerberus], as Meiling's face contracted as she tasted the soup.
"It's nothing," she lied. What was wrong with Syaoran today? First he rang the bell to enter his own apartment. Syaoran was normally a good cook and now… And his speech…
"You are talking strangely today. You don't sound like the usual you," Meiling said with her eyes narrowed.
"I was with Cerberus the whole evening. He's got me into Osaka dialect," fibbed Syaoran [Cerberus] as he sweated profusely.
"You said Cerberus, you mean that stuffed doll?"
"No! I mean, um… it's that incredibly cool Beast of the Seal," said Syaoran [Cerberus] passionately, raising himself from his seat.
"Syaoran, you always call it that stuffed doll..." trailed Meiling watching Syaoran [Cerberus] with puzzlement.
"Well, I guess... there're good things about him too. Ahaha…" said Syaoran [Cerberus] as he dropped into his seat and then scooped some soup. He turned a wonderful shade of blue.

"It's dangerous, Li-kun," said Sakura as Cerberus [Syaoran] stood by her window, looking outside.
"I didn't know I'm supposed to stay in this room," said Cerberus [Syaoran] as he continued to contemplate what he was to do.
"But if you'll scare someone if you get out of this room and they see you," said Sakura as she walked up to him, placing her worried face close to his. Cerberus [Syaoran] began to sweat and his face turned red. Which created a question; does Cerberus have blood?
"I just can't do it. I'll sleep on the tree," Cerberus [Syaoran] while shaking his head frantically and then pulling open the window.
"You'll catch a cold..." trailed Sakura with concern.
Cerberus [Syaoran] walked out the window and looked down. His eyes swirled and he began to feel dizzy. Damn, I can jump from rooftop to rooftop without worry in my real body, but everything looks so huge…
He tried to step forward but found himself stumbling. And then he was crashing through the air.
"Li-kun!" Sakura cried and made a lunge for his falling figure.

Syaoran found himself in a nice, safe, warm place. He opened an eye and blinked. There was some fabric to his right, and something nice and smooth, cradled him. His eyes went huge.
"EGAAAHHHHHH!!!"
"What's wrong, Li-kun? Do you hurt? But you didn't hit the ground…" wondered Sakura worriedly, as she innocently held him closer to her chest to prevent his desperately scrambling form from falling.
"EGAAAHHHHHH!!!" Syaoran screamed against her chest and then fainted.

"I'm full," said Cerberus [Syaoran] after a few mouthfuls of rice.
"Hoeee?" said Sakura, looking at a few barely touched dishes.
"What's wrong?" said Cerberus [Syaoran].
"There is so much food left. I guess I'll leave the leftovers for otou-san when he gets home from work. I expected you to eat more… Kero-chan can finish this off easily."
"Well I'm not that stuffed animal and I don't see how he could fit all that food in…"
They looked at each other and came to a similar conclusion.
"The stuffed animal is a pig."
"Kero-chan is really gluttonous."

"Are you finished yet?" Cerberus [Syaoran] asked, sitting on the kitchen counter.
"Yes," said Sakura, drying off a dish and placing it in the cabinet.
He felt a bit bad for making her do all the work, but it was impossible for him to help anyway. He'd just make a fool of himself.
"Let's go upstairs," said Sakura, picking him up with both hands and carrying him like so. Thankfully.
Sakura walked into her room and set him on her desk. He looked on with curiosity as she opened a drawer. She lifted him and placed him on Cerberus's bed.
"That's Kero-chan's bed. It's a little tight in there, is that okay?" she said after scrutinizing the drawer.
Cerberus [Syaoran] looked at his surroundings and said with a sigh, "There's nothing that can be done."
"What about school? Are you staying here? Or..."
"I'm going! I'm worried about what he might do," said Cerberus [Syaoran], standing up on the bed and his voiced edged with alarm.
"But I'm worried about you too..."
"I'll keep quiet. I promise."
"Well, if you say so. Wait here. I'm going to the bathroom," Sakura said after a moment of consideration. She walked over to her dresser and slid open a drawer. Grabbing a long nightshirt, she exited out of the room.
Syaoran stared blankly at the underside of the drawer above him. Was that toy doing a good job of pretending to be him? Ugh, his reputation was on the line… Oh man, if he made it worse between him and Meiling… He better not encourage her, Syaoran had enough problems with Meiling already. Solution… how can I find a solution for Meiling's feelings towards me? Syaoran had already tried to think of one on some restless nights, and apparently he was not improving on that. The door opened. How long was he thinking?
There was a roar of noise and he was aware of her sitting on her bed, clad in her green nightshirt that reached above her knees. Her hair was wet and she was using a blow dryer to dry it. There was something definitely attractive about the way wisps her hair flew from the hot air. He watched, and his face began to heat. He imagined himself in his normal body, wrapping his arms around her waist, and then running his hands in those strands of hair. And he imagined more. He caught himself, and looked away, shamefaced. Syaoran, you pervert. You are a guest in her house. She has spent the day with making sure you are comfortable. And this is how you repay her?
"Sorry, I'm not much of hostess am I?" said Sakura, breaking through his thoughts.
"No, you're fine," he replied, not looking her in the eye.
"Sorry for keeping you up. I'll shut off the lights. Goodnight."
"Goodnight," he said and continued to stare blankly upwards.

The bell rang. Sakura closed her shoe locker containing her roller blades.
"I made it," she said with relief.
"Now I know why you don't get to school until the last minute," said Cerberus [Syaoran] as he popped out of Sakura's schoolbag.
"Really, you have to keep quiet, okay?"
"I told you I will," he said with a bit of impatience, "Hurry to class already. I hope he'll stay quiet…"

"Kero-chan! You were like showing off!"
"I couldn't help it!"
"You looked like an idiot," said a none too happy Cerberus [Syaoran].
"I was just trying to act like the brat! And improvised a bit..."
"Are you saying I'm a fool?!"
"Keep your voice down! Someone might find out!" said Sakura, waving her hand up and down, while looking around and sweating.
"What is it that someone might find out?" said a female voice.
"Tomoyo-chan!" cried Sakura in surprise.
"Li-kun is acting different than usual," stated Tomoyo with a flawless smile.
"Actually..." trailed Syaoran [Cerberus].
"Don't say it!" interrupted Cerberus [Syaoran].
"Oh! Kero-chan is here too!" said Tomoyo with another smile.
"Well, um... this is..." said Sakura uncertainly.
Cerberus [Syaoran] groaned inwardly. Cover was completely blown; he should have known he could not escape the all too perceptive eyes of Daidouji.
"We're discussing about the cards, right?" said Syaoran [Cerberus].
"That's right!" said Sakura, a tad too enthusiastically.
Why bother, thought Syaoran, I'm doomed.
"The way Li-kun talked... almost sounded just like Kero..." speculated Tomoyo.
"Tha...That's not true, Tomoyo. Right, Li-kun?" said Sakura, with unease written all over her face.
"I ain't... I mean... I look much cooler than that Cerberus," said Syaoran [Cerberus].
Completely doomed. I'll never live this down…
"Here, give me a pose," said Tomoyo and raised her camera at Syaoran [Cerberus].
Syaoran [Cerberus] twirled around and raised his hand to his chin, Cerberus's signature pose, "How's it?"
"See? You just gave it away!" said Tomoyo.
A blue haze of depression hung over Syaoran [Cerberus]. Tears ran down Sakura's and Cerberus [Syaoran] face in unison.

Tomoyo giggled.
"It's not something to laugh about!" yelled Syaoran [Cerberus].
"That's right!" agreed Cerberus [Syaoran].
"I am sorry. But having a relaxed Li and a serious Kero..." trailed Tomoyo.
"...is kind of weird, isn't it?" finished Sakura. Both turned sharply to glare at her.
"I don't care if you want laugh at something that ain't funny," said Syaoran [Cerberus], pointing his head in the opposite direction of where he was glaring.
"We're hanging on only until the evening," said Cerberus [Syaoran], doing the same movements as his counterpart, "No matter, we don't need anyone else finding out. I'm keeping quiet until the evening. You too, don't do anything conspicuous."
"I got it. Not in front of others, unless it's Tomoyo."

"He's horrible," said Cerberus [Syaoran] as he watched his body clumsily trip, when someone stole the soccer ball from him.
Syaoran [Cerberus] fumed at the ball from being stolen from him. He dropped to a crouch and ran on his hands and feet after the ball.
"I'm sorry!" yelled Sakura as she knocked Syaoran [Cerberus] out with a basketball.
"That idiot!" cried Cerberus [Syaoran], burying his face into his hands.

"Somehow I didn't get busted the whole day."
"What were you thinking during P.E. class?" asked Sakura, upset with him.
"Well, Li-kun stayed quiet all this time. Everything is going smoothly," said Tomoyo all too soon.
"Syaoran!" a voice called.
"Syaoran, somehow you seem different today," said Meiling, gazing straight into his eyes. You can't escape me, they said.
"Wh...What?"
"Are you sure you aren't hiding something from me?" asked Meiling in suspicion, glancing back and forth from Sakura and Syaoran [Cerberus].
"No way, you must be just imaging it," replied Sakura.
"What do you have to do with it?!" yelled Meiling, turning her head to sharply glare at Sakura.
"Meiling. There is no reason why I have to hide anything from you," said Cerberus [Syaoran], while smiling and twitching his eyes at Meiling.
"Really?" said Meiling with a blush.
"Of course! Or are you telling me that you can't trust me?" said Cerberus [Syaoran] with similar facial movements as before and grabbing onto her shoulders.
"I believe whatever you say!" replied Meiling with her eyes shining.
"Is that supposed to be charming?" whispered Tomoyo.
"I'm not sure. He's probably watched some weird TV dramas," whispered Sakura, with sweat forming on her brows.
"I will turn back to normal very soon. Please, just bear with me today," said Syaoran [Cerberus] with another smile that was supposed to be seductive. Meiling nodded and giggled happily. She walked away with a spring. Pausing she looked back. And saw Syaoran [Cerberus] crouching on the ground, pawing sweat off his chin like a dog.
"Syaoran!"

Location: Penguin Park.
Time: Late afternoon.
"You idiot, why couldn't you stay still throughout the day!' yelled Cerberus [Syaoran].
"What did you say?! It's not my fault that your body is so incompetent," retorted Syaoran [Cerberus].
"Calm down, both of you!" commanded Sakura.
Syaoran [Cerberus] looked resigned and then knelt down. He closed his eyes and opened his arms out to Cerberus [Syaoran]. Cerberus [Syaoran] stared at the ground stubbornly.
"Li-kun, hurry, or else I can't turn you back."
Cerberus [Syaoran] eyebrow twitched and gritting his teeth, jumped to Syaoran [Cerberus] with open arms.
"Exchange them the hearts to where they belong! Change!" chanted Sakura, hitting her staff against the card. Blue light surrounded them and the two bystanders, Tomoyo and Meiling, watched in anxiety.

Syaoran woke up. He looked down at his hands and pinched himself. He smiled slightly. He was in his normal body. Life was good.

Idle Thoughts:
About the chapter on Meiling, I noticed I lost some reviewers after I wrote it, and frankly I am very disappointed in some people. (Yet I am also impressed with some people who wrote reviews for this chapter. Thank you for sharing your feelings on this matter! I needed it.) I hoped my story could open a few eyes and I guess I was wrong. Sigh, I guess some people are as stubborn as I am. But then again I should have waited a bit before putting it out but I was getting impatient. After getting people get more pissed at Meiling, I was going to throw that chapter in to get the guilt machine going. (I know I'm evil. Eriol is a good buddy of mine.) Maybe I should have slowly led the readers into this view of Meiling instead since the topic of Meiling's personality is touchy in CCS fandom. I wrote that piece after the arrival of Meiling, and it was sitting on my HD, just begging to be put out. How could I resist? Especially after reading some bad depictions of Meiling. (Actually I resisted for quite a while and when I got tempted to put it out, I just perfected it instead. Heh. Heh…)
On a light note, I had writer's block after the typing the screaming scene. After reading it over, all I can say is "Syaoran, you wuss!" (Though it is my fault… Ahahahaha... *Sweatdrops*)


April 13, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet