Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura's Wonderful Christmas ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Notes: This fanfic is S+S, and has mature concepts. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.


Chapter 11: Sakura's Wonderful Christmas

Dreaming, Sakura was dreaming. The moon illuminated the sky at night. Tokyo Tower stood in front of the moon, illuminated by it and also by some lights from below. Sakura stood on the edge of rooftop, a few buildings away. Petals of her namesake fluttered in the air in front of her. The wind blew gently from the right of her, making her cape sway back and forth. Sakura stared in front of her. An eye opened revealing a red iris. There were no longer cherry blossoms fluttering in the air; replaced by Clow Cards. A Clow Card made its way into her awaiting hand. She opened her mouth in surprise when the card shimmered and disappeared from her grasp. Sakura looked up at the tower again to see the figure with the long hair, her trench coat billowing in the wind. Red eyes. Red hair. Cerberus was here with her now. Wings formed on her shoes, as if she called Jump unconsciously. The figure was still there.
"I know… I know… that person."

Sakura's eyes fluttered open and she slowly raised her head. She said softly, "That person was…"
"Who?" said a voice from in front of her. Her teacher was kneeling in front of her desk and watching her, face to face. Kaho smiled at her and Sakura's eyes went wide.
"Mizuki-sensei!" cried Sakura, sitting stiffly straight and sweatdropping. Syaoran watched her from behind with concerned eyes. Chuckles rang across the classroom. Sakura looked around her in embarrassment.
"Hoeee!" she cried, while springing up in her seat.
"I'm sorry," she cried and bowed to Kaho. Kaho got up from her position and said, "Make sure you get enough sleep at home. It's important to stay awake in class."
The bell rang, and Kaho smiled at her again. Kaho walked away and Sakura drooped into her seat, sighing.
"Well, that's the lesson for today," said Kaho at the teachers' desk. A longhaired figure standing in front of the moon superimposed on Kaho. Sakura blinked.
"Was that Mizuki-sensei?" wondered Sakura as she watched the teacher pack her things.

"Are you feeling sick?" asked Tomoyo with worry as she walked home with Sakura.
"No, I'm fine," replied Sakura, giving a reassuring smile.
"You sure? You seem distant lately," continued Tomoyo, with the same worried gaze.
"I really am fine. I just have this reoccurring dream."
"Dream?"
"Dream with a full moon, a long-haired person and Clow Cards. Other that, I really feel fine," said Sakura cheerfully.
"Don't push yourself," said Tomoyo, holding Sakura's hand and giving Sakura a concerned face.
Sakura nodded. Suddenly she dashed to a house and pointed it out to Tomoyo happily.
"What is the matter?" asked Tomoyo as she drew near Sakura.
"Look! Christmas decorations already!" said Sakura, joy radiating off her like a child.
"Now you mention it, Christmas is approaching. Did you decide what to get everyone for Christmas?"
"No, not yet. How about you?"
"I have already decided on your gift, Sakura-chan," said Tomoyo, smiling gently at Sakura.
"Thank you," replied Sakura, giving Tomoyo a bright smile.
"What should I do?" wondered Sakura. Christmas is also Yukito-san's birthday, she thought with a faint blush.

Christmas. It was coming too soon. Murmurs of various students complaining of the difficulty of Christmas shopping travelled across the classroom. Idly, Sakura listened to Chiharu's conversation with Rika.
"Takashi is always so hard to get a present for. Almost whatever he does is better than me," said Chiharu, sighing.
"But you know Yamazaki-kun would like whatever you get him," encouraged Rika.
"Yeah, but still…" trailed Chiharu.
"What should I do?" said Sakura softly, resting her chin on her arms.
"About Christmas presents?" asked Tomoyo from beside her. Tomoyo always paid the utmost attention for Sakura.
"I already got Otou-san and Onii-chan figured out. I have yours too," said Sakura, receiving a smile from Tomoyo, "But…"
"It's Tsukishiro-san, isn't it?" asked Tomoyo with a false smile that Sakura was oblivious to.
"Yeah," replied Sakura with a slight nod of her head.
Syaoran listened to the conversation while pretending not to pay attention. For some strange reason, watching the exchange made him feel an odd pang in his heart. He shifted his attention and stared out the window, finding his textbook no longer fascinating. These strange feelings… He wasn't starting to like her was he? He couldn't like her, how was he supposed to rival her for the cards if he had these weak feelings? No, he didn't like her. It was just some idle fancy...
"Syaoran?" asked female voice from beside him.
"Yeah."
"Is something wrong? It's not like you to not concentrate," said Meiling with a tint of worry in her voice.
"It's nothing."
"… Are you still feeling sick?" asked Meiling softly.
"… I've gotten over it."
"That's good," said Meiling, turning away. For the rest of the period, she seemed to concentrate intensely on her work.

Okay, I'll be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine.
That guy entered the room. Syaoran felt his mouth go dry and his body illuminated his desk with a healthy red glow. He sat up stiffly and watched the girl in front duplicate his movements. That guy waved cheerfully at him and the girl. His face was brighter than 100 watts now. He heard the girl whisper to herself, "Hanyaan."
Hanyaan? Where did he hear this word?
"But you know, if you think someone is nice or if you like someone, there's nothing you can do about that feeling. There's someone else I feel hanyaan about too."
She liked that guy too? The weird pang in his heart came back again. Yet, he also felt envious that the girl must have known that guy longer than him. Syaoran felt absolutely confused. Wait, too?! He didn't like that guy, right? He looked at that guy again and found himself entranced by him.
Crap, what if he really was in… in… with that guy. Syaoran resisted the urge to bang his head onto his desk. But he was also attracted to women too, or else he wouldn't have… No, he promised himself that he would not think of it again. It would just distract him from getting the cards and make Meiling worried. Both? Maybe Mother wouldn't mind that as much. At least she'd see that he wasn't entirely hopeless and there was a good possibility to turn him straight.
He continued the rest of his class staring at that guy. He noticed the girl was doing the same thing too.

"Sakura-chan? Are you having a problem doing your homework?" asked that guy, noticing that girl wasn't really working. Syaoran frowned at the special treatment that the girl had. Sakura, who was flushing, smiled at that guy and nodded. Syaoran lost his frown.
"Well, let's see if I can help you," continued that guy, bending over too look at Sakura's math book. Sakura flushed at how close was Yukito was to her. Syaoran continued to watch the exchange between the two.
"Now do you understand, Sakura-chan?"
"Hai, thank you, Yukito-san!" said Sakura happily, giving Yukito a bright smile.
"Anytime you need help, ask me Sakura-chan," said Yukito, returning a gentle smile back to her.
Syaoran watched them sharing a smile and suddenly felt out of place. His heart began to ache and he felt extremely jealous of the two. Of which, he wasn't sure of. He frowned. No, it had to be the girl. He couldn't like the girl. He definitely liked that guy. He glared at the back of the girl's head.

Sakura felt a sudden chill. She looked behind her and saw Syaoran frowning and glaring at her. Why? Weren't they friends now? She looked sadly at him and turned around. Syaoran's eyes widened. He opened his mouth to try to say something and then clamped it shut, shaking his head rapidly. Tomoyo watched the entire exchange out of the corners of her eyes with interest.
"Tomoyo? Li-kun seems suddenly cold again. Did I do something wrong?" whispered Sakura, leaning sideways.
Tomoyo whispered an answer back to her.
"HOOEEE!!!" yelled Sakura, sitting up from her desk.
"Kinomoto-san, what is wrong?"
"Ahahaha, nothing sensei! Sorry!" apologized Sakura while she sweatdropped and sank into her seat.

"Christmas present?" said Meiling, puzzled. Tomoyo had suggested to Sakura to ask Meiling for help in choosing Yukito's present. They were outside during lunch, sitting on the benches.
"You give one to Li-kun every year," explained Sakura as Meiling smiled, "I wonder if you have any ideas."
"Hmm, whether handmade or bought, there are many kinds…"
Sakura listened attentively.
"Anything would be fine, wouldn't it?"
Sakura facefaulted and protested, "But…"
"It doesn't really matter what present you get, but the feelings that go with it right?"
From Sakura's side, Tomoyo smiled and nodded with agreement.
"Whether it's something that you worked hard on or chose, either way would be fine," continued Meiling. Sakura's eyes sparkled with comprehension and she smiled happily.
"But if he hates you, then anything would be bad."
Sakura facefaulted again, falling off the bench.
"Does he hate you?" asked Meiling with surprise.
"I don't think so."
"Then you'll be fine," Meiling reassured with a smile.
"Thank you Meiling-chan!" said Sakura enthusiastically with a bright smile.
"Later then," said Meiling, waving her hand nonchalantly as she walked away.
"You must be glad that you talked to her then," said Tomoyo, noticing how joyful Sakura was feeling.
"Yeah," said Sakura with a faint smile, watching Meiling's retreating figure.

Sakura stared at her phone. To call or not to call was the question. Cerberus sat happily at the table eating a piece of cake that was larger than him. Giving up on savouring the taste, he picked up the cake and swallowed it whole making his stomach bulge.
Sakura picked up the phone that Tomoyo gave her. Staring at the phone and contemplating for a while, she shook her head and rolled over in her bed. She got up in her bed and steeled herself. With trembling hands, her index finger was aiming for the redial button.
"Sakura-san, the bath is free," called her father.
"Okay!" she replied to her father. Looking back at the phone again, she let out a sigh.
"Sakura, why don't you take your bath?" question Cerberus as he flew over to her side.
"Later," she said, as her brows furrowed in concentration on her finger.
"Did you forget the number? You just dialled a minute ago. You should just get it over with," said Cerberus, and in his laid back manner, cheerfully hit the redial button.
"HOOOOEEEEEEEE!" screamed Sakura as she fumbled with the phone. The phone began to ring.
"Kero-chan, you…" scolded Sakura as Cerberus backed away slowly.
"Hello. Tsukishiro residence," said Yukito's voice from the phone.
Sakura hurriedly picked up the phone and stuttered, "Um… um… I…"
"Sakura-chan?"
"Yes!" Sakura, brightening considerably, "Um… This Sunday, I want to know if you'd like to go to the amusement park with me. I got tickets form Chiharu from quiz competition."
"Is it okay? Okay! See you this Sunday!"
Click.
"YES! I did it! I got a date with Yukito-san this Sunday!" cried Sakura, jumping up from her bed and grabbing Cerberus. She swirled him around as she spun in a circle. Then she hugged him, and snuggled him, rubbing his face painfully. Cerberus's face was contorted in a "help me" look. Lesson of today: People in lovey dovey mode are to be avoided at all costs.

"So what should we ride?" asked Yukito as he walked with Sakura down the pavement in the amusement park.
Behind them a female figure and a flying doll followed him. As they passed, a Christmas wreath lit on fire.

"Would you stop hanging off me?" asked Syaoran irritably as he and Meiling walked in the amusement park.
"Stop being so cold, Syaoran," demanded Meiling as she tightened her grip around his arm.
"Hoe…"
Syaoran and Meiling turned to the direction of the voice.

Syaoran stiffly walked through the amusement park, beside Yukito, as the girls followed, a few steps behind them.
"You guys came too…" said Sakura, starting a conversation with Meiling.
"Back in Hong Kong, we went to the amusement park every Christmas," replied Meiling, matter-of-factly.
"The two of you?"
"Well with all of Syaoran's sisters," she said, grimacing.
"Hoe," said Sakura in a wondering voice.
"Is that him?" asked Meiling suddenly.
"Huh?"
"The person you're giving the present to," said Meilng with an inquiring stare.
"Yes," said Sakura as her cheeks turned a faint hue of pink. Meiling raised her hand to her mouth and giggled.
"So did you decide?" asked Meiling when she finished giggling and Sakura's cheeks turned to their normal colour.
"I did and it's because I got your advice," replied Sakura, full of gratitude to Meiling.
The group rode various rides though Syaoran, notably, looked very, very sick on the roller coaster.
After getting off of last ride, Meiling commented, "I'm kinda thirsty."
"Yeah," agreed Syaoran.
"Shall we get something to eat?" offered Yukito. The group agreed to that idea.

"Incredible," commented a sweatdropping Meiling as she sat across Yukito. Yukito was filling his appetite, also known as stuffing his face with a few dishes in one sitting.
"To be able to eat a lot of food…" started Syaoran as he stood up as if he was making an important speech.
"Is very health right?" finished Yukito after he swallowed the last mouthful. Syaoran rapidly nodded at that.
"It is true, isn't it?" agreed a smiling Sakura to Syaoran. Syaoran stared at her and felt his cheeks flare. Breaking out of the trance and feeling the heat of his cheeks, he rapidly shook his head to remove the feeling. Yukito inwardly chuckled as he watched the two. To-ya was going to blow a fit when he found out.
"Li-kun and Sakura…" said Tomoyo, chuckling, and contemplating on the possibilities. She pulled the binoculars away from her violet eyes and crouched down again so she was hidden completely by the bushes she was using for cover.
"I wanna eat something too," complained a bored Cerberus as he hovered beside Tomoyo.
"Why don't we eat something ourselves, then?" Tomoyo kindly offered to the gluttonous stuffed pig… err… Cerberus.
"Yah!" cheered Cerberus as he sprang with energy.

"Huh?" said Sakura as her head sprang up.
Sakura and Syaoran warily scanned the scenery around them.
"Pretty," Meiling commented as the area light around them with small sparks.
"What kind of special effects?" Yukito asked a waiter with wonder.
"It's a normal power line," said the waiter in alarm.
The sparks on the power lines suddenly flared and burst into flames.
"This is not an ordinary fire," said Syaoran in a low voice to Sakura.
"Clow card?" asked Sakura in an equally quiet voice. She got up from her seat and followed Syaoran as he ran towards the bushes for closure.
"Wait!" cried Yukito as he tried to stop them.
"Time!" chanted Syaoran as he froze everything around him and Sakura, "Use sleep to put everyone out! Hurry!"

"O Key which hides the forces of darkness, reveal thy true form before me. I, Sakura, command thee under contract. Release! Sleep!" chanted Sakura as Sleep transformed from its dormant form. The card flew across the amusement park, distributing below a shimmering dust. Whomever the dust made contact with, the subject found their eyes grow heavy. People slid to the ground in slumber.
As Sleep returned into a card between Sakura's middle and index finger, Syaoran took a step forward and found himself stumbling. Before he slumped to the ground, he stabbed his sword into the ground and grabbed onto it for support.
"Li kun!" cried Sakura in concern.
"Times takes up a lot of magic, I just need to rest a bit," reassured Syaoran as he lifted himself so that he was almost standing.
"But…" protested Sakura as she took a step towards him.
"You have to do something about that fire," said Syaoran while shaking his head.
"Wind, be the chain that bind the flames, Windy!" chanted Sakura as she transformed the card. Windy flew towards the fire but it seem to slip through the fire, having no effect.
The fire burst into greater flames and a wall of fire circled around them.

"Sakura, Windy can't stand up to this one," said Cerberus as he reached Sakura.
"Kero-chan, why are you here?" asked Sakura in astonishment.
"Never mind that now," said Cerberus and he continued to explain, "Windy is one of the prime elemental Clow cards that Clow made but Windy isn't aggressive enough to win."
"What elemental cards do you have?" asked Syaoran with grim tone and a deep frown.
"Windy and watery…" trailed Sakura.
"It's the Fiery card!" said Cerberus in great alarm and surprise.
The flames flared and gathered into a figure. Fiery floated proudly, an orange figure with wings. Fire encased the whole figure.
"Fiery is an attack card," Syaoran informed Sakura, "That's why you can't hit it with windy. The enemy of fire is…"
"Water," finished Sakura as she raised her hand with Watery held between her fingers.
"You can't just hit it with Watery," said Cerberus with worry, "Watery doesn't have as much power as Fiery, so if they battle, Fiery would be the victor."
Fiery moved her hands outwards and flames sprang from her hand towards Sakura. Sakura swerved to the left, dodging it.
"What should I do?" asked Sakura as she continued to dodge the onslaught of flames.
"Use Windy and Watery at once," replied Cerberus.
"Using two elemental cards at once is impossible," stated Syaoran.
"But if this keeps going on, fire will burn down the whole park. This is our best chance!" argued Cerberus.
"Everyone… The whole park… I won't allow this! And I'm going to capture all the cards! Please do your best with me one more time! Wind and water, work together to contain the flames. Windy! Watery!" chanted Sakura with determination as she skidded from dodging the last flame. Windy and Watery rose together and raced towards Fiery at the same pace.
"Two elemental cards working together…" said Syaoran in amazement.
Fiery formed a great ball of fire and propelled it towards the two elements. Windy shielded Watery and broke through the flames. The two cards began to swirl around Fiery, wrapping around its limbs until it was completely encased. They closed in on the flames and released the offending card.
Firey stared blankly ahead in astonishment and fell forward.
"Now!" commanded Cererbus.
"Return to thy form which thou should be! Clow Card!" chanted Sakura as her wand made contact with the card, sealing it.

"You did it," Syaoran said as he approached the girl.
"Fiery…" said Sakura with a hint of amazement as she studied the newly captured card.
"Good job, Sakura," congratulated Cerberus as flames burst around him. Sakura watched with surprise and worry.
"Don't worry about it. Didn't I tell you? My symbol is the sun," said Cerberus as the flames died down and he glowed yellow, "To get the power to return to my true form, I needed you to capture Fiery."
"So you can return to your true form?" said Sakura with anticipation.
"Not yet," said Cerberus if it didn't matter. Sakura and Syaoran found themselves on the floor.
"However…"
Flames sprung from one of Cerberus's hands.
"A bit of my power is coming back. As you capture cards, I get stronger."
"Right! I'll try hard from now on," said Sakura, taking the knowledge to heart.
"See that loser? Sakura got another card! And it's an elemental card!" taunted Cerberus.
One of Syaoran's eyebrows lowered and twitched, "Even though your power is coming back, you still are a stuffed animal."
Cerberus's veins consecutively popped. Sakura sweated as she stood between the glaring contest.
"What was that kozou? Wanna say that again?"
"I call you as much as I want. Stuffed animal, stuffed animal…" persisted Syaoran pettily.
"Would you two stop it!" ordered Sakura as an argument ensued.
Far away, a woman with long hair smiled at the scene. Kaho began to walk away from her viewing position on a bridge.

"Eh? You guys caught a card while I was sleeping? That's not fair…" said Meiling in disappointment.
Syaoran dismissed Meiling and watched Sakura and Yukito in the next car on the ferris wheel. Sakura smiled prettily at Yukito and Syaoran's eyes widened slightly. He flushed and then shook it off.
"I guess I got tired along the way. Sorry but I'm glad that fire went out," said Yukito apologetically.
"Yeah… um… Here, for Christmas and your birthday," said Sakura nervously as she handed him a wrapped package.
"For me?" said Yukito softly as Sakura nodded in response, "Thanks, can I open it now?"
Sakura repeated her previous gesture.
Yukito chuckled after he tore the wrapping revealing a handmade imitation of himself.
"Thank you," he said and his head rose in surprise as glitter fluttered outside their car, "That's not snow, isn't it? It's glowing…"
"It's Christmas! My power is coming back so I have a special treat for ya!" said Cerberus as shimmering specks of light trailed behind from where he flew.
"Sakura-chan, I'd like to come back next year," said Yukito quietly, looking at the doll.
"Yes," said Sakura with a faint smile, her gaze intent on the simmering display.

Look! Catch You Catch You Catch Me Catch Me! Wait!
Turn to me and tell me you love me.
That's right! Nice to meet you. Good to see you. Surely!
My feelings go flying, flying, flying into your heart.
I'm in love with you!


To-ya: Yukito's name for Touya
Kozou (I finally found it!)- what Cerberus calls Syaoran : kid, youngster, boy, apprentice


Author's Notes: (I always try to cut down on irrelevant stuff and fail)
On a curious note, did you catch the foreshadowing from the bedroom scene in the Change card chapter? It was supposed to foreshadow the second part of the last chapter.
Hmm, surprised at Syaoran last chapter? I was meaning to write a comical part instead of dark but that idea just sprang into my mind. It seemed to be a satisfactory way to cure Syaoran so I thought why not? And yes, Syaoran is my favourite character but I'm amazed at what I'm willing to do with him. (He'll never forgive me though…)
The "guardian watches over the child" seems out of place, right? Just a bit of foreshadowing. ^^
Love triangles galore! Though not at the Marmalade Boy level. ^^ Syaoran's love life is so confusing now isn't it?
Shall I state this again? Sigh, this fic is S+S. Why do people worry? I say this at the beginning of every chapter.
Reviewers, don't worry about reviewing all the time. I understand the lack of time. There is no need to apologise. Thank you to all reviewers though because I was really scared about this chapter.
Lemon?! Oh boy, I have problems writing some scenes already and I have very little experience with the opposite sex. Besides, I'm not heading in that kind of direction with my story, but what direction I'm not telling though. :P
Should I crank up the rating? Should it be R instead of PG-13? Tell me if you review.
I know the piccy I drew of Syaoran looks like Touya, mainly because I narrowed the eyes. A big-eyed Syaoran would look too innocent I figured. My poster for the story is almost finished but I can't draw the )*#% hands! Hands are an amateur artist's nightmare.
This is all I'm writing till I hit summer holidays. (Previous break was also from studying.) I go to a non-semester school. I have an English ISU due in a week and a computer project due in two weeks. Not to mention I'll be writing three exams two weeks from now.
Honestly, I don't know what is so appealing about this story… I think its pretty average. My writing style is pretty mediocre. I can't do good descriptions without making them seem boring and my dialogue is crappy. Could you give me a reply on that?
And here is… poll 2.
Next: Card Captor Sakura Movie 1 (groan, It'll be a lot to write…) See you in maybe three weeks!
May 24, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet