Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Water is a Thing that Must Flow Part 2 of 3 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic is S+S, and has mature concepts. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

Small note for previous readers who read the last chapter without the capture of arrow: I added a few scenes to the last chapter to make it more complete. I'm a perfectionist when it comes down to work I really love.

Chapter 13: Water is a Thing that Must Flow - Part 2
"Daidouji-san, can I speak to for a moment?" said a gruff male voice to her right, as Tomoyo was about to turn the doorknob to open the mahogany door to her guest room.
"Hai," Tomoyo replied as she released the brass knob and turned to face Touya.
"Well it's about..." Touya stumbled, obviously feeling rather uncomfortable.
"About Sakura-chan, am I right?" Tomoyo finished, noting the relief on Touya's face and taking it as a reply, "Let's sit down in my room and talk then."
Tomoyo turned the doorknob and entered her well-furnished guest room in the Li household. Currently, heavy, crimson, velvet curtains were drawn to cover the view of the lush gardens, and also making the room pitch black. Tomoyo flicked on the lights and walked towards two seats by the large bow window, the cushions were also coloured crimson to match the curtains. The chairs were placed so that they were facing each other. Gesturing to a seat, she offered it to Touya and took the other.
"Well what is it exactly about Sakura-chan?" asked Tomoyo when they were both comfortably seated on the chairs.
"Well, I know what I said to you before about your feelings for Sakura is selfish but I want to know if what your word still stays true," Touya said, losing some of the discomfort for the severity of the matter.
"Don't worry, it does," replied Tomoyo, softly. A few years ago, Touya had discovered how Tomoyo felt about Sakura was beyond the bond of friendship. It ended with an awkward conversation between the two, "Sakura-chan must not know. I want her to be happy around me. I want her to be like she's always been around me. Carefree and happy. We've agreed that such a thing would only cause her sorrow and worry."
"I'm sorry but thank you for this," Touya said earnestly.
"Something has been worrying me though," said Tomoyo a bit thoughtfully, "About Tsukishiro-san, I think she'll be really hurt when she discovers that he does not love her more that a little sister."
"I really didn't expect her feelings for Yuki to go so far. I guess I underestimated her. I thought she would have come true with her feelings before, so Yuki would turn her down. I'm really worried when she discovers the truth. I don't know how she'd react to Yuki and I, and what we've hidden from her for so long," said Touya, leaving out a thought, frowning and with concern written across his face.
I knew Yuki isn't human, so I didn't have to worry about losing my sister to him even before Yuki and I got together, but that gaki....
Tomoyo interrupted Touya's troubled thoughts, well troubling to Touya anyway, "The strange thing is that I'm sure she does not truly love Tsukishiro-san in the way she think she does. I don't know why but she's hanging onto her supposed feelings for him."
Blinking rapidly, Touya contemplated on that thought, "So she doesn't love him? I thought so at first but then I didn't understand why she would feel for Yuki for so long. So I assumed that I was wrong. As for why she's doing this, I have no idea."
Looking away from Touya, and concentrating a part of the curtain that faded to pink, Tomoyo said, "I'm starting to think that we've been protecting Sakura too much. When she does get hurt someday, don't interrupt me, it will happen someday, I don't know how well she'll handle it. She's too innocent for this world, too blind to everything. When everything collapses, it might crush her."

Sakura opened her eyes.
"Again?" she wondered as she realised she was dreaming about the strange ruins, "The same place."
Lavender ribbons flew in front of her, fluttering and caressing her face. With her eyes trailing up the ribbons, Sakura eyes' made contact with a floating woman in flowing yellow and orange robes. The woman's hands were unseen due to the long sleeves but they where obviously held together. The ribbons themselves seemed to extend from the woman's back.
"Who?" Sakura wondered, voicing her thoughts out loud, and then addressing the figure, "Who are you?"
Without an answer, Sakura tentatively reached out towards the ribbons. With one held in her right hand, the figure's head moved upwards as if the woman was just noticing her.
"All this time, I've been waiting for you," said the woman. The ribbons encircled Sakura's arm and tightened. Sakura quickly tried to pry off the ribbons but she could not loosen them to her growing panic.
"All this time, I've been waiting for you," the woman repeated, "All this time. For such a long time, I've been waiting for only you."
The ribbons raised Sakura helplessly into the air, letting her dangle above the water.
Sakura struggled ineffectively to free herself, gasping and pulling desperately on the ribbon but she found that it was no use. Sakura stared in front of her, the woman almost clearly seen in her view.
The woman's hair was done up in two buns, adorned with a large fan-like hair ornament. In the centre of the ornament was an orb of the colour of Sakura's eyes. A pair of wings seemed to extend from the jewel. The rest of her hair trailed long, behind her back. There was a red circle in the middle of her forehead, with three red markings extending from it.
The woman began to move towards her and Sakura desperately endeavoured to undo her bounded arm. Sakura screamed as the woman closed in on her. Suddenly she found herself falling through the air and then plunging into the cold water below. A hand tightened around her wrist, and began to pull her upwards. Her blurry eyes looked above but could only see distorted metal and a mess of tan and brown. She was sure the metal was a sword that cut the ribbons. Suddenly her hand was released. She began to swim hurriedly upward, not seeing the figure anymore. As she was beginning to surface, she woke.
"Hey! Snap out of it," said a male voice from beside her.
"Sakura! What's wrong?" said another male voice in Osaka dialect from another direction.
"Dream," was Sakura's single-worded answer.
"Dream? What kind of dream?" asked Cerberus worriedly.
"There was this woman and she was attacking me. I don't know why."
"Is there anything else?" Syaoran continued to question.
"Just a lot of water..."
"Water is a thing that must flow..."
Water must flow...? What is this phrase trying to tell me?
"Hey, what's wrong?" asked Syaoran as he watched Sakura's frowning expression.
"Nothing at all..." she said as she focused on her surroundings.
"Li-kun, why are you in my room?" asked Sakura with puzzlement, as she stared at Syaoran's grip on her hand. It felt sort of comforting after the nightmare but it was also very bewildering.
Syaoran released Sakura's hand immediately, turning bright red with the realisation that he was touching her.
Hell, Syaoran, it's just a hand. But it's soft and warm and... What am I thinking?!
Snapping out of it, Syaoran noticed something red around girl's wrist of the hand he released. Pulling her sleeve upwards, they discovered a large red welt around her arm.
"This is not an ordinary dream," said Cerberus solemnly, and with an afterthought, "Unless you did something to her, kozou."
"What do you think I am?!"
"Well why are you here then? What's taking you so long? Were you being indecent? Do you really have no honour?" Cerberus spat furiously.
"I..." stuttered Syaoran, looking genuinely stunned, and desperately pried his mind for an answer. There was none he could give, he could not admit to the beast that he needed someone to talk to. He needed his pride but where could he salvage his honour? Especially since he had come so close to ruining both his and the girl's before.
"Was I right, kid? I knew that no good would come out of you anyway. You are the lowest of the lowest. You're just a worthless weakling!"
"What the fuck do you know?! You have an easy life living, and depending on your master! I fend for myself so you have no right to call me weak!"
Sakura watched Syaoran's outburst in a daze. This was not the Li-kun she knew. Li-kun was calm and collectively. He seem detached from everything. He was not this man with so much pain and sadness in his eyes that she needed to look away. He was not this man who was breathing heavily to calm his anger down. Who was this man? There had been days where she saw this Li-kun, rarely but never so emotional as to now. This man was hurting so much...
"Li-kun..."
The barely audible whisper broke through Syaoran's fury. Clenching his fist and then releasing it, his eyes became colder and emotionless to conceal his inner self.
When have I become so weak? Why am I losing control over my emotions?
Grimly, he turned around from the two, and said, "I have no answer as to why I am here. But I have not done anything dishonourable this night. Whether you will accept this or not is your own decision. I bid you goodnight."
Syaoran walked to the door and twisted the doorknob.
"I believe you!" cried Sakura, making Syaoran pause, as he was about to pull the door open.
She was almost sure that he had quietly said, "Arigatou," as he exited from her room.
Li-kun, your heart is hurting so much... I will find a way to help you. It doesn't matter if you don't want to depend on anyone. I'll be here for you anyway because you are my friend.

Li Yelan watched her son leave the room. She had heard the whole outburst and the one-sided conversation from before. She had initially thought that her son had become stronger. She sensed that his power had grown tremendously and he was in better good physical condition. When she had ordered him to cast a spell, it was strangely only a fraction more powerful from when he had left. The answer was clear now. His willpower was too weak to cast a stronger spell. He had become weaker emotionally. Syaoran had become everything the clan had needed but not what she wanted. She did not want to lose her only son.
She should have been more careful. Syaoran was always a quiet, lonely child. He was always miserable though he cautiously hid it from those around him. His psyche was cracking; who knew such a thing could be so brittle? No, correction, minds are always weak when they are alone and unwilling ease part of the burden on others. She stepped in front of the entrance to the guest room and knocked on the door.
"Yes," answered a female voice.
Yelan opened the door and looked at the girl within. Bright green eyes stared at her. The only person whom her son had poured his heart to. A person who truly radiated innocence. The only person that could heal Syaoran's heart.

The gardens were a beautiful place at night. Yelan would often sit here to mediate in the tranquility of them. Often because her daughters were causing a large ruckus in the house over some man. A few of them were already married anyway. That didn't really seem to make them act more reserved. Hopefully children would finally bring an edge in. But they had the happiness and were able to live carefree, as she was not. When she was seventeen she was wed to the clan head. She had exhibited strong magical powers since her childhood and the elders thought it was a perfect match to produce stronger heirs for the clan leaders.
So, she was wed to the twenty-five year old Li Shi Lung. It was an odd marriage. She had met the man on several occasions during family gatherings but otherwise he was almost a perfect stranger. He always seemed a bit distant at first but later she gradually began to see the true him. His kindness and gentle heart, also what Syaoran had exhibited on rare occasions. It hurt a little to see her son, almost a complete image of her deceased husband, now that he had become a man.
Syaoran had not had a normal childhood, something she felt sorry that she could never give him one. She would often tell her husband that, when she burned incense for him at his altar every morning, telling him the on goings of the family. His death still hurt in a way, part of her would never be the same. Everything came crashing around on that day. She was suddenly to act as the head of the Li clan, until her newborn son was of age. She was always busy and hardly had time for Syaoran. She wanted to hold him sometimes and comfort him but she had to raise him strong or else he would have the same fate as his father. Ironically, he was still going down the path of destruction. Slowly but surely enough.
There were other matters at hand now, those thoughts could wait.
Leading Sakura to an octagonal fenced dais, she took out her fan. She motioned Sakura to stand still in the middle, and raised her fan at Sakura.
"The King of Gods commands," Yelan chanted as her fan began to glow, "Gods appear from all directions. Gold, wood, water, fire, earth, thunder, wind, lightning, the new command. The King of Gods commands. Gods appear from all directions. The new command. Soft thunder, spinning lightning. Obey the command!"
A burst of power surged underneath Sakura, and a glowing replica of a symbol reminiscent of the Rashinban remain underneath her. Sakura unshielded her eyes to look around her. The area glowed a blue aura and small blue orbs floated down around Sakura.
Yelan spoke with her eyes closed, "It appears that you were called to Hong Kong, right?"
"By whom?" asked Sakura earnestly.
A glow red sphere descended in front of Sakura and the small blue orbs faded away.
"By the woman in you dreams," Yelan answered.
Sakura's head shot up with shock.
"Be careful. A disaster, incomparable to the ones that have passed before you, will present itself to you soon."
"Me? What should I do?"
"You are the only one that knows the road you must follow. It's easy for those with strong power to call evil. Especially since you are the one that possesses Clow Reed's Clow Cards. The evil you call will be much more immense."
Sakura closed her eyes and gripped her shirt, in front of her heart.
"But..."
The blue orbs appeared again to fall in the blue aura like snow.
"Because of this, you are also guided. The dreams that haunt you are also your salvation."
The glowing ceased and Sakura looked down at the smooth white marble of the podium, eyes downcast. Yelan walked towards Sakura, and extended her hand onto Sakura's cheek, and raised her head. Looking upwards, Sakura watched as Yelan told her, "It's alright."
With a small smile, Yelan said, "So long as it's you, you will surely find the answer."

The sun rose over Hong Kong, making the black sky slowly become lighter and then into a swirl of red, orange and yellow. The warm colours began to disperse and then the sky was blue, with few clouds, signalling it was a good day. It was morning.
"No way!" was a loud shout disturbing the tranquility of the morning. Well, actually, it wasn't very peaceful indeed by the chattering of women.
"So you really stayed last night? I should have stayed over too," complained Meiling.
Tomoyo giggled at Meiling's pouting.
Syaoran just leaned against a pillar at the entrance of the mansion with his eyes closed. Hearing the doors open, he opened one eye to see Mother and the girl.
"Umm, thank you so much for everything," said Sakura as she bowed in respect to the Li clan head.
Without a word, Li Yelan placed a hand on Sakura's cheek and kissed the other. Syaoran fell backwards in shock, losing his ability to sound a single comprehensive word. Tomoyo, as usual, filmed this event as Sakura's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed.
"Hey, it's time to go!" called Touya as he was hounded by Syaoran's two sisters. Yukito was conversing amiably with the other two.
"Okay!" replied Sakura.
Turning back towards Yelan, Yelan warned, "Be careful of water."
Sakura blinked and asked, "Water?"

The group was in downtown, where there were many skyscrapers, reflecting the sunlight off their glass surfaces.
"That one over there that looks like a knife is the Bank of China. The one with the cannon design on the roof is the Hong Kong Shanghai Bank. This here, is the centre of Hong Kong's economics. The two banks are rivals," Meiling said, as she and Syaoran acted as tour guides for the four. Syaoran sat down on a fence, bored.
"Oh?" asked Yukito as he and Touya looked skywards at the two buildings mentioned.
With the two men distracted, Cerberus popped out of Sakura's bag, "Sakura, so it wasn't a coincidence that you were to come to Hong Kong, after all."
"Then, the winning of the draw was done by the person in my dream? Is there really someone who can do that?"
"I don't know, but if that is so... Why Sakura?"

"Why do we have to be with them too!?" cried Meiling when the Japanese tourists were distracted by the stands.
"There's no helping," replied Syaoran as he sat down on a fence, "Because my mother said to do it."
"What? To show them tourist attractions?" asked Meiling with her hands on her hips in annoyance.
"That's not it."
"So what?" shouted Meiling.
Syaoran turned his vision away from Meiling to focus on the girl. He said thoughtfully, "It seems like there is some kind of danger looming."
Sakura was bending over the stand, looking at the oddities being sold. Looking at hair ornaments, she picked up a clip that had a pink, silk cherry blossom, with a magenta tassel trailing off it.
"Pretty," she exclaimed as she examined it in her hand. Her face went thoughtful for a moment as she remembered her dream.
Come to think of it, the lady in the dream wore a beautiful hair ornament too.
"It's pretty, isn't it?" said a voice beside her, breaking her out of her thoughts.
Sakura looked up to see the object of her affections, Yukito.
"Here, here," Yukito said, with a gentle smile.
Sakura returned his smile and brought her hands towards Yukito. Picking it up from her hands, he walked over the stall owner and said, "I'd like this please."
Sakura hurried over and exclaimed, "Eh?"
"That's not... I... Uh..." Sakura stuttered will waving her arms wildly as Yukito pulled out his wallet. Pulling herself together, she said, "Yukito-san... I-"
"Here," he said, cutting her off, and bring his open hand forward for her to take the hair ornament. Sakura paused and flushed.
With Sakura looking straight at him, he said kindly, "I'm sure it would look good on you."
Taking the gift and smiling brightly, a blushing Sakura said enthusiastically, "Thank you very much!"

Syaoran gritted his teeth and clenched his teeth. Damn, why was she getting all the attention all the time, he thought as she stared at the gift in her hand. Sakura broke into a happy grin and skipped around with joy, her skirt swishing around her. Well, at least the guy is right, she would look good with it on. Realising he was almost smiling, he quickly wiped all emotion away. What is wrong with me? She is competition. He blinked rapidly.
Competition? Before she was just an annoyance, not even worthy of the title of Card Captor. Now, she was his rival, partner in some sense, and... friend. When did her status change? When she showed her bravery and strength in hopeless situations. When she showed her kindness in her heart and willingness help others at the cost of herself.
He respected her for those things. It had to be respect, it could not be anything else right? He had feelings for that guy. No one else. But a voice in the back of his mind said, could those feelings for that guy be respect, not love? No, no, no. Impossible. His feelings for the girl were-
His head shot up as he sensed a strange aura. A few meters away, Sakura had a similar reaction, she gasped and turned around suddenly.

Perched on a telephone wire far away, were two lavender birds. Being noticed, they took off for flight. Sakura broke into a run to the surprise of Yukito and her brother.
"Sakura-chan," Yukito exclaimed.
"Oi! Sakura!" yelled Touya as Syaoran, and Tomoyo ran after her. The two men followed suit.
"Idiot," said Touya with annoyance.
Taking out her key yet again, she ran around a corner and transformed her key, a bright light emitting from the alley from the magical power. Syaoran reached the corner a few steps later only to see a dead end. Skidding to a stop, he ran into the other direction.
"Geez!" said Touya in annoyance as he turned to follow the brown haired gaki.

Sakura jumped over a concrete wall, and continued to run after the birds.
"Kero-chan, you can come out now," she said as she ran. Cerberus flew out of her bag and flapped his wings beside Sakura, and said with anxiety, "I feel an evil presence and it's incredibly strong!"
With both of them turning another corner in old Chinatown, Cerberus asked, "Are they the birds you said that appeared in your dream?"
"Yes," replied Sakura as they were approaching the two birds circling in front of an old building.
"They are no ordinary birds, be careful," warned Cerberus, "They have very strong magical powers."
The two lavender birds flew through a broken window into the cracking building. Sakura and Cerberus stopped in front of the doors, with caution.
"Do you think they want us to enter?" Sakura asked Cerberus, holding her wand in both of her hands.
"So it seems," replied Cerberus.
Gathering her strength, Sakura stepped up the steps leading into the building. Slowly, with her right hand, she pushed open the door and entered the building.

Inside the musty old building, there were various antique vases and plates. Old cherry wood furniture was pushed against the walls of the buildings, and sealed cardboard boxes were stacked to the side. It was dark, the only light was the sunlight coming from outside.
Taking a step forward, the door shut creakily behind Sakura. Sakura walked slowly between the furniture, cautious not to knock anything. As she was walking, she examined the area for a sign of the pair of birds.
"Looks like no one is here," commented Cerberus, as they walked through most of the store. Hearing something to the left of her, Sakura turned her head suddenly.
"What's wrong?" asked Cerberus.
"That sound. Isn't it the trickling of water?" wondered Sakura out loud.
In front of a window with tattered yellow curtains, lay an old book, lying in dust, on top of a mahogany table.
"It is," said Cerberus, whispering his reply.
Bring her wand closer to her in unease, Sakura took cautious steps forward with Cerberus tailing behind her.
Stopping in front of the table, Cerberus said, "It's coming from this book."
Cerberus landed on top of the table. Taking a deep breath, he blew the dust off the book. He coughed as the dust flew into his lungs. Sakura's mouth opened in surprise as she saw the book clearly.

On the cover of the book was a woman sitting by an ancient Chinese styled well. The woman was adorned in robes and had an intricate hairstyle. Ribbons flew out of her robes. It was sealed by two aging ofudas.
"That person," uttered a shocked Sakura.
The person on the cover of the book turned her head to face them. Cerberus looked on in shock. Shoving Cerberus aside, Sakura lifted the book.
"Hey Sakura, what ...?" trailed Cerberus as he noticed Sakura's glazed eyes.
"Come here," a female voice said.
Sakura put her hand on the side of the book, to rip off the ofuda. Cerberus quickly flew upwards, and tried to pull her hand away from the book.
"Sakura, get a hold of yourself!" commanded Cerberus as he strained to lift her hand.
"Come here," the voice repeated.
Cerberus grunted in exertion as he continued to attempt to withdraw her hand away from the book.
"This way. Come here," the voice said.
"I can't help it," Cerberus said as he opened his mouth wide to bite her.
The door slammed opened as the men ran into the building.

"Sakura-chan," called out Yukito in concern. Cerberus flew away from Sakura's hand, desperate to hide.
Approaching Sakura, Touya said in annoyance, "You! We've been looking everywhere for you."
Sakura slowly began to turn.
Syaoran tensed and said, "This aura..."
"Sakura..." trailed Touya as he saw Sakura, definitely not like herself.
The doors slammed open yet again as Meiling and Tomoyo ran into the old building.
Sakura turned fully and opened the book. A burst of power was released from the book and the others raised their hands to shield themselves from the strong wind gusting from the book. The room was completely dark now, except for the flashing of power.
Touya ran up to his sister and grabbed her by the shoulders. Shaking her, he asked frantically, "Sakura! What's wrong? Hey!"
The book was released from Sakura's grasp and her eyes unglazed as she returned to consciousness. A stream of water poured out of the book and Meiling exclaimed tentatively as the pool reached her knees, "Wha...What?!"

The water continued to rise, until the water had filled the lower level of the building. Sakura struggled for breath until she calmed herself down. Opening her eyes, she looked around her surroundings to discover everyone had disappeared. She took a few steps forward as the vases began to float upwards, and her surroundings shifted suddenly. Sakura looked around anxiously, and she began to swim upwards to break surface.
Bursting out of Sakura's bag and taking a deep breath, Cerberus flew in front of her.
"You all right?" asked Cerberus in concern.
"Kero-chan," said Sakura breathlessly.
"Looks like you've come to your senses," said Cerberus in relief.
"Say, is this inside a dream?" asked Sakura hastily, noticing her surroundings.
"It is not a dream," said a female voice, echoing across the room. A figure materialized in middle of the room and the pair of birds flew, to perch on her sleeves as she raised her arms. The birds suddenly turned into ribbons as the woman said, "This is a world I created with my magic."
"Huh?!" cried Sakura and Cerberus in shock stopping their approach to the woman.
"Why are you not he?" the sorceress asked darkly.
"You're... and the book earlier!" exclaimed Cerberus, seeing the identity of the voice.
"Why did a girl like you come here?" asked the sorceress angrily.
A wave of water splashed Sakura from her position on top of a pillar. The water around the pillar began to flow rapidly and more waves of water came at Sakura. The water began to suddenly lower around Sakura, and a few meters away, large waves rose, creating a circular wall around her.
"Answer me!" commanded the woman.
"Sakura!" yelled Cerberus to snap Sakura out of her daze.
Taking out a card from her bag, Sakura chanted, "Fly!"
"Clow Card?" uttered the sorceress in shock.
"Why? Why do you possess a Clow Card?" asked the sorceress in anger as she commanded a burst of water at Sakura.
Dodging the surges of water, Sakura flew frantically.
"That person. It appears that she knows the Clow Cards!" exclaimed Sakura, as she retreated.
"Sakura! In front!" warned Cerberus from his position on Sakura's back.
Sakura dodged the pillar from the side and the oncoming surges of water by slipping back and forth.
The sorceress angrily called forth a large burst of water at Sakura. It was one Sakura could not dodge.

"Freeze!" yelled Syaoran as he commanded the card to protect Sakura. Sakura slipped past the large icicle as it began to shatter from the weight.
"Clow Card," said the woman as she turned around to see Syaoran with his sword raised in a defensive position.
"Li-kun!" yelled Sakura as she flew down to the pillar that Syaoran was standing on top of.
"You... Clow Card..." said the woman wonderingly.
"Why are you here?" asked Sakura as she hovered beside Syaoran.
"After we got swallowed by the water, when I came to consciousness, I was here," answered Syaoran, keeping his eyes trained on the sorceress.
"Then, everyone that was there...?" asked Sakura with concern.
"They should be here," answered Syaoran.
"We have to find them," said Sakura as she began to look around.
"You need not to search," said the sorceress as Sakura raised her head to look at the woman, "They are the ones that I captured with you."
Four spheres of water were brought forth from under a waterfall. In them, contained Yukito, Touya, Meiling, and Tomoyo, all unconscious.
"I summoned Clow Reed," said the sorceress calmly, "So why?"
"That lady, somewhere..." said Cerberus with a bit of recognition.
"Where is Clow Reed?" said the woman more desperately.
"Let's split up," said Syaoran after a thoughtful frown, "I'll stop her movements. During that time, you save everyone."
"Okay," said Sakura, agreeing to the plans.
"WHERE IS CLOW REED?" yelled the sorceress in anger. Raising two pillars of water, the brought them forth at the two.
"Let's go," commanded Syaoran as he jumped to the side and Sakura flew away. Making his way to the highest pillar, closest to the sorceress, he took out another Clow Card and chanted, "Storm!"
Storm flew around the sorceress with gusts of wind beside her. The winds gathered and formed a tornado, trapping the sorceress in the middle.

"Sword!" chanted Sakura as she raised her wand. Sakura brought the wand-changed-sword down, breaking the sphere open.
"Kero-chan!" commanded Sakura when she finished changing her wand so it had wings.
Cerberus, with much strain, lifted the unconscious Tomoyo towards the wand.
Sakura looked at the other sealed bubbles with apprehension.
Meiling-chan. 'Nii-chan. Yukito-san. Please wait, Sakura thought as she bolstered her determination. I'll be right back.
"Sakura, hurry!" commanded Cerberus when Tomoyo was finally placed on then wand, supported by Sakura's back.
"Okay," said Sakura, as she lifted off.
Syaoran ran to the pillar under Meiling and began to futilely bang his sword against the sphere. After a great slash, the sphere would still not open.
"Shit. No good, huh?" said Syaoran in frustration. Suddenly there was a shift in the movement of the waves, and Syaoran turned his head at the encased sorceress.

"Have you come to, Tomoyo?" asked Cerberus as Tomoyo's eyes began to flutter open.
"Thank goodness!" cried Sakura with relief as she flew to land on a pillar.
"I... what? Where?" asked Tomoyo in confusion.
"Let's save the explanations for later!" said Cerberus hurriedly.
"Yes," agreed Sakura.
A thundering sound began to emit from the tornado and Syaoran readied his sword.
"You..." said the sorceress, "I will not forgive..."
A gap appear in the tornado from the sorceress' ribbon, blocking the flow of the air.
"I will not forgive!" yelled the sorceress as the tornado broke apart. The waves rose higher, so that it began to loom over Syaoran and fell over him.
"Kero-chan! You stay here!" ordered Sakura as she took off towards Syaoran.
"Sakura!" "Sakura-chan!"
A whirlpool was formed in the mass of water. Syaoran was nowhere in sight.
"Li-kun! LI-KUN!" called out Sakura in worry, "Li-kun! Please answer me!"
"Get away!" yelled Syaoran as Sakura spotted him facing off the sorceress, on top of a pillar.
"You have to get away," said Syaoran, on his knees, supporting himself by his sword..
Sakura ignored his warning, and rushed forward, dodging the spouts of water.
"Don't come!" yelled Syaoran as he realised she was still trying to rescue him, "Save yourselves."
"But-" said Sakura and she was cut off by a sudden burst of water beside her. She flew away and Syaoran pushed himself up with strain. Looking upwards, he said, "The magic is weaker up above. If you fly to the top, you should be able to get out."
"Silence!" yelled the sorceress and the water began to rise and swirl around Syaoran.
"Li-kun!" yelled Sakura, and the pillar of water broke apart, revealing Syaoran encased with a bubble, on his knees, still supported by his sword.
The sorceress began to laugh, "Should Clow Reed himself not appear... Then I shall take your powers and find him myself. You shall be my shield!"
Li-kun was wearing tan... A premonition! I should have known!
"Sakura," called Cerberus, trying to snap a petrified Sakura out of her shock, "For now run!"
Syaoran tried to rise inside the sphere. "Run..." he said before he collapsed.
I should have known!
"At this rate, everyone will be captured," said Cerberus desperately but not getting a response, "Sakura!"
Shutting her eyes, Sakura flew away with the high wave of water following her. Picking up Tomoyo, Sakura flew upward, before the wave fell over them.
"You SHALL NOT ESCAPE!" yelled the sorceress as she brought forth another large surge of water. Sakura flew up high and higher, with water spiralling higher under her.
"That's the exit!" yelled Cerberus, as they spotted a bright light at the top of the ruins. With the water at her sides, Sakura pushed herself upwards. She broke through the top of the ruins, with the water following her.

Author's Notes: (To cut down on a few things I have written other stuff on my page) You might have to skim through a lot of junk because I blab a lot. ^^;;; It mostly talks about my health, summer, exams, and little tidbits on my fanfiction experience.
Teardrop, I'm glad I'm good enough to make it on your favourites list. ^^
Guess what I found out? Xia (Ping Ying romanization) in Yale Cantonese romanization is Sya. So I guess CLAMP did use the Cantonese romanization. I won't be using Siu Lohng anymore. I don't recommend writers to use Xiao Lang, because that's Mandarin.
Sorry about the delay for this chapter, I was having a large writer's block that wouldn't go away. And then stupid fanfiction.net broke down. :(

June 29, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet