Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura and the Sakura in the Dream ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic is S+S, and has mature concepts. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

Chapter 17: Sakura and the Sakura in the Dream
"Hey!" Syaoran hopelessly cried as Meiling dragged him in front of another display.
"Look! Look! It's so cute!" exclaimed Meiling, pointing to a stuffed bear. Syaoran could only raise his head and try to catch his breath. I don't have enough energy for this…
"Look, that one is cute too!"
Oh boy… women.
"So nice," said Meiling with a longing sigh.
Well, she is enjoying herself, thought Syaoran as he continued to look at the displays with her.
"Meiling is having so much fun," commented Tomoyo as they watched the two Chinese cousins from afar, still needing to catch up to Meiling's energy.
"Yes! I'm so glad that she asked us to go shopping together," said Sakura happily.
But I still don't understand the other day. Maybe Meiling was unhappy…? Perhaps she's going shopping today to make herself happier?
"That girl is completely enjoying herself," remarked Cerberus as he popped out of Sakura's bag.
"Kero-chan!" exclaimed Sakura as she quickly stuffed him back into her bag. She held the bag tightly to herself, and looked frantically around for anyone who may have seen what he or she should not have.
"But girls really do like to go shopping," commented Cerberus, partly muffled due to the bag, "I have to hide myself wherever you go, it's really annoying, you know?"
"That's why I told you to stay home," said Sakura with a tint of exasperation.
Tomoyo said good-naturedly, "But if you stay home, you'll miss out on all the good food. Right Kero-chan?"
Cerberus burst out of Sakura's bag. "That's right! Wherever there's food, I'm there!"
Sakura jabbed him back in, and said with annoyance, "Mou! You like to snack way too much Kero-chan!"
"Hey! You guys!"
Sakura looked up from the concealed Cerberus to see Meiling calling her over cheerfully, "Don't just stand in the middle of the sidewalk! Come on! Hurry up!"
It doesn't matter. I'm happy she wants to be with us to cheer up.
"Shall we go?" asked Tomoyo pleasantly.
"Yes," agreed Sakura, as they began to descend the tiled stairs.
They passed by a wall decorated by the images of yellow butterflies flying against a blue sky. Unknown to them, a butterfly formed out of the image, following them. Its wings were of glowing hues of blue. Magic.

[Song: Hitori Jime]
Meiling was dragging Syaoran by the arm across the crowded streets and Syaoran was helplessly following. Behind them, Sakura and Tomoyo chattered amiably.
Meiling ran spiritedly pass a flower shop with a reluctant Syaoran tagging behind. Unable to keep up with her speed, Syaoran fell face forward onto the ground. Syaoran pushed himself up with his arms, and rubbed his head as Meiling giggled. Sakura and Tomoyo caught up with them, only to laugh at Syaoran's dishevelled state.

More and more and more, I become greedy and spoiled.

Meiling turned her face away from the stand, with a ridiculously large pair of glasses, smiling triumphantly in a comical way. Tomoyo and Sakura laughed at her joke, as Syaoran browsed the wares, wearing a pair of sunglasses himself.

From the way it's going, I want to lock you up tight.

Meiling twirled in the streets, not caring if anyone was looking, and poised like a ballerina, arms stretched horizontally, balanced on one foot. Behind her, a mannequin in a display had the same posture. Sakura and Tomoyo clapped vigorously, as Syaoran leaned against the glass, his arms behind his head, with one eye opened.

I made up my mind at the mere sight and thought of you.

Syaoran listened to a new CD by a popular J-Pop group in a music store, and Meiling crept carefully behind him. Seeing he was completely distracted, she grabbed the headphones away. Syaoran jumped and fell backwards in surprise. Meiling winked, and Syaoran raised his fist and started to scold her. Watching from the counter, Tomoyo and Sakura giggled.

I want to stay like this next to you for even just a bit longer.

The group walked down the streets, eating vanilla ice cream cones. Sakura tried to keep her bouncing bag still as Cerberus went wild.

I wonder if there isn't a terrible traffic jam somewhere.

Everyone sat on a bench as Cerberus happily munched on some ice cream, partially hidden by Sakura's bag.

I love you so much that the brakes won't work anymore.

Syaoran and Meiling walked the street side by side. Syaoran took a glance behind them to see Sakura and Tomoyo laughing over some matter.

Meiling and Sakura rode up the glass elevator with their hands identically pressed against the surface. They looked down at the busy streets, watching the people become increasingly smaller. Tomoyo watched them with a smile as Syaoran leaned against the elevator, with his arms propped behind his head.

Someone please, read between my words.

Meiling walked down the sidewalks in the shopping district. She paused suddenly when she saw a wedding gown made of fine silk. The cream skirt was made with many layers, so it was shaped like a bellflower. The pale pink outer layer was split in the middle, and its length was half of the other skirts. Large ribbons of the same colour were tied at the ends. The dress slimmed at the torso, so it would hug the figure perfectly. The sleeves were long, connected to the dress by bouffant shoulders, also tied with pink ribbons. The neckline was cut modestly above the chest. Roses were placed artfully in the mannequin's hair, and a transparent shimmering veil stemmed from it. A large bouquet of roses also were clasped in the mannequin's hands, held at the waist.

Because I am no match for you.

Meiling's eyes glistened as she stared at the dress in a state of bliss. Cherry blossoms flew as Meiling was swept into a daydream. The silhouettes of a man, and a longhaired woman, dressed in a long gown stood by the many arching windows.

Even just for now, even just for one moment,

The unruly haired man shifted his head slightly down to looked at the woman, with even bangs cut at above her eyes, facing him. He said a few words and the woman in front of him replied with a smile. The couple embraced, wrapping their arms around each other to close the distance.

I want to keep your heart all to myself.

Meiling's eyes still sparkled as she continued to stare at the wedding gown after her idyllic dream. Tomoyo and Sakura looked at the gown as well, and Syaoran turned his head from where he was leaning, to check if the girls were done.

I've always, always, always watched you and even pushed myself wanting to catch up with you.

Syaoran stared sourly at the sticker picture camera. Meiling launched to wrap her arms around Syaoran's arm, to his surprise.

I love when you play jokes on me, but I'm not a child anymore.

Sakura edged in from the side with Cerberus, both cheerful. Tomoyo edged into the picture as well, bending below Meiling's head to catch Sakura on tape.

Even though I'm most easily scared, I have the strongest feeling for you.

The five struggled in the booth as they tried to fit into the shot. The result was Sakura with her usual embarrassed expression when faced with Tomoyo's camera, and Tomoyo's standard joyful filming expression. Syaoran was fell backwards, startled, as Meiling decided it would be better to grip him around the torso. Cerberus had lain on Sakura's head, his fingers raised in a "V is for Victory" sign.

If you noticed, there'd always be a familiar scenery outside the window.

Meiling stepped a few steps forward, concentrated on something above her.
Sakura and Tomoyo took a few steps forward as well, and paused.

Your favorite slope would pushed against your back.

Syaoran looked upwards as well and did the same movements as those before him.
A yellow butterfly fluttered in the sky.

The other side of me can no longer turn away from you.

Many more butterflies trail after the first one, on the large television screen in the shopping district. Everyone in the district paused to watch the screen.
[End]
A butterfly, in multiple shades of blue, perched upon a wooden sign as Sakura and her friends approached.
"What should we do next?" wondered Sakura as her feet tapped on the cement sidewalk.
"Movie! There's a movie I want to see!" was Meiling's not so subtle suggestion.
"Ahhhh!"
Sakura looked behind her, hastily grabbed her back pack, and pushed Cerberus back in. "Kero-chan!"
Cerberus stubbornly popped back out and cried longingly, "That game!"
Everyone turned to the direction Cerberus was pointing to, to see a Whack-a-Mole game, except the player had to stand on a podium and the mechanical moles would surface around the player.
"I wanted to play that game at least once," said Cerberus with yearning.
"But…" said Sakura softly.
"I want to play! Want to play! Want to play!" protested Cerberus childishly, waving his fists.
"You can't, what if someone sees you?" explained Sakura, like a mother to a stubborn child.
"In that case, why don't you play and let me watch?" said Cerberus doing his best "puppy eyes" expression that his beady eyes could manage.
Sakura's eyes contracted. "What? Me?"

"So are you ready?" asked the scratchy digitalized voice.
"Uh…" said Sakura unenthusiastically as she gripped the mallet.
"Good luck Sakura! Show me what you've got!" cheered Cerberus in Sakura's bag that Meiling was temporarily holding.
Meiling turned to Tomoyo. "You are still filming."
"Yes, I cannot let any of Sakura's actions escape my camera!" replied Tomoyo immediately.
"Here I go," the digitalized voice said through the speakers, "GO!"
Sakura spun around wildly as she brought the mallet down on the "mole" as it descended back into its hole. She spun frantically around trying to smack all the moles but kept missing as one mole distracted her from the other.
"Come on!" cried Cerberus as he watched her poor performance.
"But!" protested Sakura as she tried to hit another mole with her mallet.
"What are you doing?" cried Cerberus as he was being spun in a ninety-degree angle. Meiling handed Cerberus to Tomoyo with a no-nonsense expression on her face. Meiling walked powerfully up the stairs and grabbed a mallet.
"Meiling-chan!" exclaimed Sakura as she paused from bashing the moles.
"Don't take your eyes off them!" ordered Meiling seriously as she spun around and brought the mallet down mightily on a mole. Glancing backwards at Sakura, she commanded, "I'll take care of this side. Kinomoto-san, you do the other!"
Sakura broke into a smile and turned back around to the moles, not letting them escape her wrath.
"Go! Sakura!" encouraged Cerberus as multiple dings were heard from the game by the points they were amassing.
"Sakura-chan and Meiling-chan work really well together," commented Tomoyo as she filmed the two with Cerberus tucked in an arm.
"Ah," replied Syaoran monotonously with his arms crossed behind his head.
Tomoyo watched Sakura through her camera lens, watching her spin back and forth with the mallet. A blue butterfly flapped across her field of view and Sakura turned to smile at her. Suddenly there was nothing but cherry blossoms flying in an area of magenta. Tomoyo opened her closed eye in shock.
What is going on?
"Tomoyo-chan!" said Sakura as she held her wand behind her back in a costume of pink and white.
"Tomoyo-chan!" called Sakura again as the previous image faded into Sakura in a jester looking outfit, bending down slightly.
"Tomoyo-chan!" Sakura was posed now with a leg raised and bent, holding out her wand.
"Tomoyo-chan!" called Sakura laughingly with her hands behind her back, wand raised upwards.
This is so surreal…
Tomoyo was completely frozen, her camera held limply at her side. There was the sound of giggling and Tomoyo turned around to see many Sakuras in different costumes. She twirled around only seeing Sakura laughing and calling her.
But this is what I want to have, Sakura laughing so joyfully… Calling my name… This is all I need, just to watch her constantly. I don't want anything else.
"This is so hanyaan!" cried Tomoyo, breaking into a smile and raising her camera. She ran to the many Sakuras as they swirled and posed for her, filming them all. Tomoyo ran past them, with her camera raised, lulled by the constant laughter and call of her name. Suddenly, she was smacked on the head by plastic.
Sakura jumped up and down cheerfully with cries of "We did it!" Meiling was holding her mallet against Tomoyo's head in a state of surprise. Syaoran could only watch with his eyebrows raised.
"What are you doing?" asked Meiling with confusion.

Outside the theatre, a butterfly flapped by.
The sun set beautifully creating a backdrop of hues of red and oranges. The waves rose gently, reflecting the colours of the sky. On a sandy beach, two figures stood side by side. Melodramatic piano music played in the background. The scene focused on the two figures.
"You've waited for me," said a deep male voice, echoing in the theatre.
"I've returned from the navigation. This is the last ring," said the handsome spiky haired main, with earnest brown eyes. The light brown longhaired pretty woman looked up at him and smiled at him gently.
"From now on, it is for our future," said male voice sincerely as Sakura watched the movie in awe. The view was drawn back from the couple, revealing them in a long embrace.
"It must be wonderful to stay with the one you love forever," said Tomoyo dreamily with her hands clasped together.
"Yes," replied Sakura, intent on the screen. Cerberus struggled out of Sakura's bag. "Is that so? It seems so gloomy to me"
With annoyance, Sakura pushed him back in. "Mou, Kero-chan is no romantic at all."
"Meiling-chan, don't you think so?" asked Sakura turning to the teary-eyed Meiling, with her hands clasped together.
"O-Of course!" Meiling said with much emotion as Sakura sweatdropped.
"Syaoran, don't you think so too?" Meiling asked Syaoran as he watched the movie with his head propped up by an elbow. Romance movies weren't really his kind of thing.
"Huh?" wondered Syaoran as Meiling was madly blushing with a doe-eyed look. Syaoran's gaze slowly moved to Sakura smiling at him expectantly. Syaoran's head jolted backwards as he turned as red as Meiling. Standing up, Syaoran announced, "I-I'm going to buy something to drink."
"Hey Syaoran!" called Meiling as Syaoran escaped the questioning.
Syaoran stumbled up the steps, breathing heavily. He grabbed a handle and rested, not noticing the butterfly perching on the other handle beside him. He opened the door and leaned against it on the other side, with a relieved sigh and closed eyes.
Syaoran opened his eyes and looked around him in surprise. Rows of empty seats were in place of what should be a lobby. "Huh?"
The glowing white screen turned into the vision of a sunset. Familiar melodramatic music played yet again. Syaoran looked up in surprise.
"These are…" said his voice gently accompanied by an image of his hand holding out several red cards with a familiar magic circle, "The Clow Cards I have."
The screen focused on him watching that girl intently.
"Wh-What am I doing?!" yelled Syaoran as he ran down the steps of the theatre in disbelief. He stopped suddenly at the image of Sakura raising her head, giving him a gentle grateful smile. All he could do was stare at the vision of Sakura giving that smile to him. He watched intently for the results. Sakura slowly leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his waist, her head leaning against his shoulder. His arms encircled her, hands resting on her shoulder blades. The couple watched the sunset together. And the real Syaoran could only watch the scene dumbfounded with his body slack, as his heart steadily pounded in his chest. A sense of desire was firmly implanted in Syaoran's mind.
The door behind him suddenly opened, making him flail and inevitably land on his face.
"Oh," said Meiling as she looked at Syaoran firmly planted on the theatre's tiles. Tomoyo took a few steps at and watched him.
"Li-kun!" cried Sakura in surprise and concern.
Syaoran rose, rubbing his head and took a good look at his surroundings. What the? He would never daydream and there was no reason to start at all.

"Wow, this is awesome," commented Cerberus in admiration as he looked out a window in a bullet train. Tomoyo was holding the bag up to the door and Meiling stood beside her.
"This is the first time I've done this," said Cerberus peacefully, taking in all the scenery passed.
"You've never taken the train before?" asked Meiling, finding it odd.
"I've never taken this train before," stated Cerberus, like if it made perfect sense.
"Oh, I see," said Meiling with a sweatdrop. Apparently he was suffering from the effects of being cooped up in Sakura's room for too long.
Sakura stared out the window blankly, intent on the tall tower despite its tendency to flicker as other skyscrapers covered her view.
"Is something bothering you?"
"Eh?" Sakura turned around to see Syaoran looking carefully away with tinges of red present on his cheeks.
"You've been staring…" answered Syaoran uncomfortably.
Sakura turned back to the window, placing her hands on the smooth glass. "Nothing has been really bothering me… But I've been having a dream."
"A dream?"
"Kero-chan and I are standing on top of this building, and we could see Tokyo Tower out from there," Sakura recounted.
"Do you have that dream everyday?"
Sakura turned away from the window, looking at the floor of the train. "No, only sometimes, but it's been more often these days I think."
She looked upwards and brightened. "Oh, and I had a dream the day you arrived. A dream where you appeared."
Syaoran turned red and gaped at her. S-she dreamed about me? No, no, idiot, stop misinterpreting things. He turned away momentarily, only to be brought back by her words.
"And then also… the day I met Mizuki-sensei."
"A dream with the teacher in it?" asked Syaoran in surprise.
Sakura looked downwards as the train doors sprang open.
"We're here! We're here!" proclaimed Meiling cheerfully. Meiling paused at Sakura's downcast face. "What's wrong?"
"It's nothing. I'm sorry. Let's go!" said Sakura as they exited from the train. On the luggage shelves, a blue butterfly flew, moving out of the subway to follow. As it past by, and image of a woman with a long dress and hair appeared. Its large headdress covered its eyes ominously.

"It's huge!"
They looked up at the red and white beam tower, with its glass observatory in wonder.
"Because it's 333 meters!" explained Cerberus knowingly.
"It is really huge!" remarked Tomoyo, actually turning her camera away from Sakura to film the tower.
"Have you been here before?" asked Meiling after noticing Sakura's seemingly disinterested face.
"I missed the school field trip to it. But…" trailed Sakura as she went deep in thought.
It's the same as in the dream.
"But what?" asked Meiling, waiting for Sakura to finish her thoughts.
"No, it's nothing. Let's go!" said Sakura, dismissing her thoughts and heading towards the building cheerfully.
She opened the glass door and stepped in the building, a strange feeling encompassed her as she suddenly stopped in the middle of the entrance.
"What's wrong?" Meiling asked as she stood by Tomoyo and Syaoran.
"Oh, you know... I thought I felt something weird..." said Sakura quietly as she looked downwards.
"There is nothing," Tomoyo reassured with a smile.
"I want to go to the observatory!" announced Meiling as she ran into the elevator corridor.
"Li-kun! Did you feel anything strange?" Sakura asked, making Syaoran pause from his silent following of the girls.
"Not really," he replied turning and walked away.
Am I worrying too much?
"Kinomoto-san! Hurry up!" called Meiling, as she slipped behind the door.
"It seems Meiling keeps hurrying me today," Sakura commented cheerfully as the elevator rose.
"Because you look occupied," remarked Meiling.
"She looks more like daydreaming," Tomoyo said.
Cerberus inputted his own thoughts as he lazily floated in the elevator. "She's not occupied nor daydreaming. She's just worried."
"No, Kinomoto just needs to clear her mind," reasoned Syaoran.
Sakura gave a small unnoticed gasp. Li-kun never calls me by my name.
"This is it!" declared Meiling as she ran into the observatory. Everyone else walked out of the elevator, leaving Sakura to her thoughts as she stood alone in the elevator.
"Hey, hey, it's gonna close!" Cerberus warned, from Sakura's backpack, causing Sakura to run out of the elevator.
"This is really high!" commented Tomoyo as they looked out of the window in the observatory.
Sakura skimmed the view slowly until her eyes made contact with a familiar building. That's the place I stood in my dream.
"Did you see something cool?" asked Cerberus, making Sakura wildly run over and grab him.
Sakura berated, "Kero-chan! What if someone sees you?!"
"There's no one around!" stated Cerberus, annoyed.
"You're right," agreed Sakura as she glanced around.
"So, what's with that confused look all day?"
Sakura walked away from Cerberus, back towards the windows. "It's the same as in the dream."
"I haven't been here before, but it's the same," she continued.
"Well, that's what everyone called a dream," said Cerberus in a relaxed manner.
"But..." protested Sakura softly.
"Would you like to join us to buy something to drink?" suggested Tomoyo as they pulled away from the window.
"I want an orange juice!" said Meiling cheerfully, running to the counter.
"Kero-chan, do you want a melon soda..." Sakura trailed as she looked at nothing but air from the space that Cerberus had occupied, "Huh?"
"What's wrong?" asked Syaoran, pausing in his walk to the counter.
"Kero-chan..." said Sakura softly, highly confused.
"Everyone's waiting," Syaoran said, continuing his walk.
"Oh! Wait, Li-kun!" cried Sakura as she ran up to catch him.
"May I take your order, please?" asked a familiar voice behind the counter.
"Onii-chan!" cried Sakura in surprise as she recognised the man, "Why are you here?!"
"Part-time," was Touya's single worded reply.
"You still work part-time in university?" Sakura wondered where he would find the time to do that with his studies.
Sakura turned at the sound of footsteps to her right, "Yukito-san!"
"I'm doing part-time too," said Yukito as he approached.
"But aren't you supposed to be helping sensei mark some tests?" asked Sakura in complete confusion.
"Because I want to be near you, Sakura," answered Yukito, completely startling Sakura, "Here's the juice."
"I want one too!" cried Cerberus as he floated to Sakura's left.
"Kero-chan!" shouted Sakura as she made movements to hide Cerberus that he avoided.
"Yo!" Cerberus greeted Yukito.
"Hello," said Yukito politely with a smile.
"Hey, you guys, don't try to get Sakura into trouble!" warned Touya, as he gave them a stern look.
"Okay," agreed Yukito cheerfully.
"Got it!" Cerberus also agreed in the same manner.
"Wh-What's going on?!" cried Sakura as she looked back and forth at the three, completely lost.
"Because, this is a dream!" answered Cerberus as he floated in front of Sakura.
A large gust of wind blew, knocking Sakura off balance as her surroundings faded to black. Pulling herself upwards, Sakura looked up, seeing that she was still in the observatory but it was night. She walked over the window, where the full moon hung large in the sky, against the many small stars. Sakura placed her fingers against the windows, looking around until she saw a familiar pink figure, herself.
"This is... that dream?" concluded Sakura as she watched herself in the unmistakable pink outfit with the long cape and yellow bow. Sakura looked away from herself, to part of the tower itself.
"Who is that person...?" Sakura asked as she saw the familiar figure standing on top a building near the tower. Red long hair being blown in the wind. "Who is it?!"
A odd-shaped bell with a trailing violet ribbon being raised, creating a clang. The clang echoed and echoed. Sakura could only stand numbly until she forced herself to look in the direction of the origin of the sound. A woman with long red hair, standing in a pink suit. The bell was held in her right hand, the other hand held the ribbon bunched in a fist.
"Miss Mizuki...?!" said Sakura softly as the world seemingly began to spin.
"What in the world is this? What's going on? I... don't get it!" shouted Sakura in frustration. Sakura looked downwards, her bangs covering her eyes. A trickle slowly made its way down her cheek as she cried silently.
"It's okay!" said an image of herself in the costume. It floated up towards her, placing her hands against the glass window where Sakura had hers on the other side. Sakura rose her head and in surprise and looked wide-eyed at the figure.
"It'll be okay for sure," said her image insistently and earnestly.
Sakura nodded at the image and smiled. The double faded away as a light sprung within the void she was in. She looked towards it and it showed images of the past.
Sakura opening the book, setting the cards free.
Cerberus ordering her to take the wand as she shakily walked forward to wrap her fingers around it, assuming the role of Card Captor.
Syaoran in front of her protectively during the battle with Thunder, slashing the lightning beast.
Her father assuring her that it was okay as she cried when her father's hard work went to ruins due to a card.
Touya smiling and calling her kaijuu to her frustration.
Song appearing at the satisfaction of Tomoyo's skill in singing.
Sakura dodging Firey as it set the area into flames, gaining strength as she thought of those she had to protect.
"It'll be okay for sure."
Everything turned to white and Sakura eyes opened to see herself kneeling on the ground with Syaoran's hand on her shoulder.
"Gather yourself, Sakura!" commanded Cerberus. They stood in the middle of the lobby, time stopped by Syaoran, kneeling one knee with the point of his sword on a shimmering card.
"Li-kun!" cried Sakura as Syaoran's hand left her shoulder, with no need to support her anymore.
"Under your left foot..." Syaoran informed, and Sakura found the glowing blue butterfly struggling from where Syaoran had directed. "What is this?!
"That's a Clow Card!" answered Cerberus. Sakura cried out in surprise, "What?!"
"Hurry up and seal it! My magic can't stop time for much longer," Syaoran warned, frowning under the strain.
"O Key which hides the forces of darkness, reveal thy true form before me. I, Sakura, command thee under contract. Release!" chanted Sakura, making the key expand into the wand.
"Return to thy form which thou should be! Clow Card!" chanted Sakura, making the butterfly burst into the figure of a woman. The woman immediately lost her form, becoming streams that were drawn into the card. The shimmering card, fell into Syaoran's awaiting hand. Syaoran closed his eyes and slumped as the card materialized, forming the word Dream.
"Li-kun!" cried Sakura as she placed her hands on Syaoran's unconscious form.
"Syaoran!" cried Meiling as well, imitating Sakura's movements.
"I'm sorry, if only I'd noticed the card earlier, none of this would have happened..." apologized Sakura with her head bowed. They sat around one of the tables in an outside café. Syaoran was leaning backwards with a wet towel pressed to his forehead as Meiling watched him anxiously.
"Don't worry about it. This is nothing for me," said Syaoran darkly as he removed the cloth, lost in thought.
"This isn't nothing!" argued Cerberus with annoyance.
"Li-kun..." said Sakura softly in concern, making Syaoran blush and look away hastily. Tomoyo smiled knowingly at his reaction. Meiling had not noticed the interaction between the two as she sipped on her soda.
"But just now, it was quite something," commented Cerberus as he reflected on the card Capture.
Sakura ran happily into the building, as soon as the door closed, she began to slump down. Syaoran burst past the doors and caught her by the waist. "Hey! What's wrong?!"
Not getting response, he gently lowered her to the ground, onto her knees and left an arm around her for support.
"Kinomoto-san!" cried Meiling as she ran into the room.
"Sakura-chan!" exclaimed Tomoyo in concern as she rushed into the lobby.
"Sakura was totally unconscious, and yet we could sense the card."
Dream lay on the table, with the characters 'Li', 'Syao' and 'Ran' neatly printed in Chinese characters.
"So I thought this must be the act of a Clow Card," Cerberus continued to narrate.
"But the card could not be found anywhere..." remembered Tomoyo, her face reflecting her worry from then.
"Then Shaoran noticed the card was underneath your foot," said Meiling cheerfully as she picked up the card, "So, thanks for this! It belongs to Syaoran!"
Meiling grappled Syaoran, making him topple off his chair. "I'm sorry," Meiling apologized, pulling away from the fallen Syaoran.
"Dream ... So everything I've seen after I entered the door was a dream," concluded Sakura as the card fell slowly into her hand from Syaoran's accident.
"What Dream shows a person is not simply any dream. It's a prophetic dream!" stated Cerberus seriously.
"Prophetic dream?"
Sakura stood on top of the building with Clow Cards fluttering around her.
Kaho stood on the opposing building with the bell firmly in her hands.
"It'll be okay for sure," an image of herself reassured her through the glass.
Sakura could only look downcast with all these images churning in her mind.
Unknown to them, Kaho stood on a building not very far away, watching them with a smile.

Syaoran stood at his window, looking at the direction of the girl's house. As much as he tried to ignore it, Cerberus's words kept pounding back at him. A prophetic dream. Not just a normal dream. Destiny. He clutched his head in pain. The cards. Was he really going to hand them over so easily, admitting defeat? So that the three years of his life he endured was just a joke? He had spent every day during those three years alone hoping to find them, to go home and at least get a semblance of a life. There never had been a real life for him, but at least he would be well fed, warm and have people he could trust to a degree. So much agony. Could he really ignore all the pain and offer the object he had suffered for, for the happiness of one girl? That was impossible, right? These awakening emotions within him, they were very dangerous, he noted as he removed his hands from his head to grip at the curtains, dragging them so his room was in pure darkness.
Syaoran dropped onto his bed with a thud. He realised that part of him was still longing for that image the card had shown him. To feel her arms holding him, her hair brushing against his neck, the pressure of his own hands against her body. He froze and his eyes sprung open in shock. He was losing it.
Badly.
He rolled over so he lay on his front and punched a part of the mattress repeatedly in complete frustration. Damn it, what was wrong with him these days? At this rate the card's prediction would definitely occur. He had to fight bloody Fate.
Wasn't it that people made their own fates? Well, he wanted a fate where he would fucking get the cards and scram back to Hong Kong, never to even glimpse at this blasted town again. Hell, who cared if he didn't have happiness at home? He would get married to Meiling, get some heirs for the fucked up clan and then die. There. Simple.
Part of him argued furiously. Don't you want a life Syaoran? Don't you want to be around people who actually cared if you were sad, angry or hurt? She cares even though you were cruel to her. She cares, she really cares…
"ARGH!" he screamed, pounding his callused knuckles into the wall, over and over, not caring if they would probably bruise.
Heaving, he stopped and rubbed his hand absentmindedly. Thank the gods, Meiling was still in the shower. She was already worried enough about him. These emotions could drive him insane sooner or later. He would have to suppress them. At all costs.



Author's Notes: (Webpage Updates regularly)
I wasn't going to include the music sequence from the episode but it shows a lot of Meiling's good side and I really like Hitori Jime. ^^ This episode shows a lot of the good side of Meiling, doesn't it?
Yue telling Syaoran ep? I have some plans for it, and that's all you're getting. =P
Xelena, I call that a doodle, because some of the lines are messily done, and my real drawings are traced in ink. A Xellina fan? Oh boy, I'm a Gourrina. I usually prefer cannon couples.
Care, I'm sorry but I don't think I could do the round robin. I'm having time management problems.
I have decided I'm cramming in the Sakura Arc, but expect it to be short and with major changes, some of which were already planned from the start. I have about 20 more chapters to go! Strength of Wills will be posted during my OAC year and finished before I head into university. I might have to say bye bye to fanfiction writing then. .-_-.
Expect me to disappear for a few days after the Final Judgement is written, I have to rewatch 23 episodes and take notes on the scenes to do. Sigh…
Anyone want to be a beta reader for Strengths? It's rated R for violence. I'm hiring but expect the chapters to come out VERY slowly. I only got 3 pages written in the 2½ weeks I started. Everything else went to planning and Altered. Email or icq: 91472801July 20, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet