Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cards of Relm ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]


'; banner += ''; document.write(banner) // -->

Chapter 5

~*~*~*~*~

"Look! That's Hogwarts!" Hermione pointed to the huge castle, looming over them. It looked like the castles she had seen in movies.

"Wow." Sakura whispered. Yue looked slightly impressed.

"You, know, you're lucky it's not raining this year. Last year, all of us were drenched even though we were transported to the castle in carriages," Hermione continued as she picked up her luggage. Sakura followed her example and picked up her luggage as well. The she felt it. A feeling that made her blood go cold. Yet at the same time, she also felt some 'hayaan-ness' as well. Could it be the Relm Cards? She pondered silently while following Hermione and the rest to the carriages.

~*~*~*~*~

Harry applauded as the Sorting Hat finished singing and Professor McGonagall brought out an impressive list of students.

"Acrean, Magdalene!" she called out. A girl with dark brown hair and a tanned complexion rose. She merely looked nervous, unlike most of the others, who were frightened to death. The Hat paused.

"Ravenclaw!"

"Avalos, Tim!"

"Slytherin!"

As the surnames neared 'K', Harry located Sakura, calmly standing in line. He gave her a thumbs-up.

"Kinomoto, Sakura!"

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura felt her heart leap as her name was announced, but kept her cool on the outside. "I wish Yue was going through the ceremony as well!" Sakura wished fervently with all her heart. "At least Harry gave me some sort of support in the form of the thumbs-up." But Yue could not be here as he was currently in Dumbledore's office. She stepped towards the chair and put the Hat on her head. A voice spoke in her head.

"An unusual aura. Hmm. You're brave, and you have an innocent, pure aura. Too bad Hogwarts doesn't have a house for those with a special aura." Sakura could almost see the Hat smirk. "Well, anyway, you'll be in…"

~*~*~*~*~

Harry was worried. The Hat had been on Sakura's head for a good two minutes. What if there weren't any houses suitable for her? Just then, a resounding shout echoed throughout the hall.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Harry sighed with relief.

~*~*~*~*~

"Mou, that Harry is getting too close to Sakura-chan!" Nakuru folded her arms and scowled.

"Hmm? Then who would you like Sakura-chan to be paired with?" Tomoyo asked inquisitively.

"Why, my fellow moon guardian of course!" A big smile appeared on Nakuru's face. "But on the other hand, it might be good for that idiot to have some more competition since Syaoran-chan isn't around!" Tomoyo nodded whole-heartedly.

"You're right, Nakuru-san!"

~*~*~*~*~

Yue walked out of the office, Fawkes perched on his arm and Dumbledore ambling beside him. He raised his forearm, allowing the phoenix to stretch its wings.

"What do you think your mistress's reaction will be when she hears the news?" Dumbledore asked, striding briskly down the corridor to the Great Hall.

"I have no idea," Yue answered in his usual voice. I think she'd respond with a loud ho-e and embarrass herself, was his thoughts, however.

~*~*~*~*~

Dumbledore smiled at the school. "I have the pleasure of presenting to you all, a teacher who will teach you in an exclusive class."

Ron poked Harry in the ribs and nudged Sakura. "What do you think that class will be about?"

"How should I know?" Harry gave a shrug. Sakura also shrugged her shoulders.

"School, please welcome… Professor Yue!" Yue was standing on the stage, arms folded and wings hidden.

"HOEEEEEE!" Sakura shrieked in surprise. "YUE!" Then, noticing everyone staring at her, she sat down in her seat, her face a bright red. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George were likewise surprised, though not as extremely as Sakura.

I thought so. Yue sighed mentally. Then, it came to his notice that many girls around Sakura's age were whispering excitedly and gazing at him with adoration. What the-? Was the next of his thoughts.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura noticed a lot of girls sighing and giving Yue adorable looks. There were also some who batted their eyelashes prettily. Mou, I wonder what they think they're doing? Sakura was confused by the show.

"Professor Yue will be teaching about Clow Reed, the greatest magician ever and Eastern and Western magic," Dumbledore's clear voice resounded throughout the Hall. "He will also be talking about the powerful Li Clan and the successor of Clow Reed." He smiled at Sakura. Sakura felt her embarrassment meter* go up.

"That must be you," Harry whispered, grinning at her. Sakura's embarrassment meter went up another notch.

"Hoe." Ron chuckled quietly. "Ron? Please stop laughing."

"Yes, yes." Ron said while rolling his eyes. Then Dumbledore spoke.

"Now that the new teacher has been introduced, let's tuck in."

As Sakura watched, food appeared on the plates. She put her hands together and said her 'itadakimasu' quietly, being sure that they did not normally say 'itadakimasu' before their meals. Ron and Harry watched her, amused. Sakura pouted.

"What?!"

~*~*~*~*~

Eriol smirked as he read through the paragraph. His half-daughter was so cute at times. Then he noticed the state of Nakuru and Suppi. Both were exhausted from fighting over some sugarcoated food.

"Eriol, mind if you read the story out loud? I'm too tired to even look over your shoulder," Nakuru said, eyelids almost closing.

"And I'm too tired to fly, Eriol-sama," Suppi added. Tomoyo took the book from Eriol's hands.

"I'll read first." She smiled at Eriol.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura dug into the food. Mmmm, this is so oishii! Sakura thought blissfully. Then she felt the Relm Card's presence again. Not again, she groaned mentally, still eating. Looks like I'll have to talk to Yue tonight.
Sakura's embarrassment meter : Remember Manga vol.5? Or the episode where they were playing 'Sleeping Beauty'? They have a kind of thermostat thing when both Sakura and Syaoran saw Yukito. That's the embarrassment meter.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^

Ano, just because I didn't mention the 'please review' in the past chapter doesn't mean I don't need them. In fact, i think most authors want reviews. All you authors reading the story agree with me, right? Oh, and by the way, expect this to be a twenty- something chapter story. Because of the 30 cards Sakura has to capture. Oops! I revealed the number of cards! Quick, forget about the number of cards!!