Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cards of Relm ❯ Chapter 11

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 11

~*~*~*~*~

"Safura! Where've ooo been?" Ron mumbled, his mouth full of food.

"I met Professor Lupin!" Sakura sat down at the Gryffindor table. "He showed me the Kikrean he was going to bring to class tomorrow! And he let me name the Kikrean!"

"Oh, you lucky thing!" Hermione squealed, her face full of envy.

Ron choked, "You what?!"

"Yeah, you are lucky, aren't you?" Harry grinned at Sakura. She simply smiled; there was nothing she could say anyway. The news spread like wildfire down the Gryffindor table. Soon, everyone was congratulating Sakura. Of course, the commotion was heard and noticed by the teachers. One Snape, in particular. He stood up, surprisingly calm. Then he opened his mouth.

"Forty points from Gryffindor for causing a commotion!" He barked. Professor McGonagall's face turned as black as a thundercloud.

"Severus! I do not think it necessary to deduct points like that without finding out the cause of it!" She snapped at the Slytherin housemaster.

"Minerva is right, Severus." Dumbledore interrupted the scene. "You're being too harsh." He stood up and addressed the Gryffindor table. "Alright Gryffindors, explain yourselves."

"Oh, it's nothing!" Fred helpfully supplied.

"Yeah, there was just a minor debate," George chipped in. "Nothing to worry about."

The rest of the table nodded.

Snape glanced with slit eyes at the house he loved to hate. Then, abruptly, he sat. The rest of the dinner proceeded with no trouble.

~*~*~*~*~

"Snape no baka! Thank god for Dumbledore!" Nakuru, apparently getting too much into the spirit of the story.

"Nakuru, you don't have to be so fierce about it." Touya sweatdropped. Eriol and Tomoyo didn't answer, their attention were focused solely on the book.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura sneaked out of her room. She looked all round before tiptoeing to Harry's dorm - he had requested to join on her card-capturing trips.
She poked him in the arm. Harry mumbled something before turning over on his side. Sakura had a stifle a sigh of `Kawaii…' She hardened her heart and used the Silent card on Harry. Then, releasing the Star Wand, she slammed it down hard on the thick comforter lying on top of Harry. He shot up in a flash, his mouth open, as if he were screaming. There was no sound, however. The Silent had done her job well. Harry picked up the invisibility cloak from his drawer. Then he was whisked off.

"Yue-san!" Sakura rapped on the wooden door. The door opened, Yue behind it.

"I'm ready," he said. His eyebrows lifted at the impossibly skimpy outfit that Sakura was wearing. Gold hairclips adorned her auburn hair while her face had been made up lightly. She wore a skimpy black bikini with a plain black garter belt on her right thigh. Her feet were covered with knee-high black boots while an ankle length black cape completed the look along with black and gold gloves cut at the base of her fingers.

"Sakura-sama, are you cold?" he inquired with the utmost concern and a light pink on his cheeks.

"Daijoubu!" She laughed. Then she turned sober. "I think the Relm Card is somewhere near the Quidditch pitch." Yue nodded.

"Hai, I felt it there too." The three, without a word, started running towards the Quidditch pitch.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura arrived at the Quidditch pitch with Yue and Harry by her side. She looked anxiously at the area surrounding them. The darkness seemed to be a foreboding creature. A shiver ran through her body. Then a soft, almost inaudible squeal distracted her.

"Hoe?" She turned around to find a small bluish-skinned girl staring cutely at her. She smiled and hopped away speedily. "Matte!" Sakura ran after the Relm Card, feeling a sense of déjà vu. Yue flew silently on her right while Harry ran along with Sakura. The Relm Card zigged and zagged through the seats until it was out of sight.

"Mou!" Sakura cried out in frustration. But she had no other choice except to return to her room. As the trio got ready to leave, Sakura thought of a problem.

"Ano… I'm afraid of the ghosts…" Harry and Yue exchanged a sigh.

~*~*~*~*~

Eriol and Tomoyo also shared a sigh. Touya had a most serious look on his face plus a sweatdrop. Nakuru was glomping Touya with a kitten's smile while Suppi was reading the other copy of the book, courtesy of Eriol.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura concentrated her gaze on the shiny red jewel on Yue's shirt. In the end, Yue had decided to just carry Sakura and fly her to her room. Sakura had closed her eyes tight shut during most of the flight.

"Sakura-sama." Yue nudged the girl. Sakura opened her eyes fearfully. "We're at your room now." The moon guardian said in an unusually gentle voice to most. Not to Sakura though. To her, it seemed… natural.

"Arigatou, Yue." Rather brashly, she kissed him on the cheek. "Oyasumi."

"E…Oyasumi nasai, Sakura-sama." After the door had closed, Yue touched his cheek and smiled a melancholy smile. "Arigatou, Sakura-sama." He whispered.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura lay in her bed, a faint blush on her cheeks. She wondered what had made her act on her impulse. Sure, she had wanted to kiss him on the cheek, but she knew she had restrained herself from doing so. So, what, exactly what, had made her do so?

She pondered over the problem until it was nearly morning.

As she threw the curtains open to look at the Quidditch grounds, she was shocked to know that it was morning already.

"HO-EEEEEEEEEEEE!" she shrieked. It was a miracle the whole school didn't hear her. Well, maybe not the whole school, but a few dormitories nearby her room heard her, namely the Gryffindor dorms.

~*~*~*~*~

"So, Sakura, I think I heard your trademark scream this morning. Would you care to explain?" Ron held the spoon near her mouth as if it were a microphone.

"Hoe? I thought you didn't know anything about electronical items?" The afore-mentioned card mistress was confused.

"Hermione conjured up a magical scene that showed me all the electronical items and explained their uses to me." Ron explained off-handedly. "C'mon. Why did you scream so loudly? I can tell you for certain that Harry, I, Seamus, Dean, Neville, Hermione, Angela, and a few others who were awake quite early heard you scream."

Sakura shrugged. "I was thinking about a problem, so I was awake all night. I didn't realize it was morning until I threw open the curtains."

Ron sighed. "That's all?"

"Hai."

"What was the problem, Sakura?" Hermione was clearly concerned.

Sakura shook her head. "It was nothing much," she said, a trademark genki smile on her face.

"Oh yeah, Ron, I thought I heard you saying that you would forget all traces of the Muggle items I showed you," Hermione remarked smugly, turning her attention to Ron.

Ron had a sullen look on his face. Hermione laughed. Then, all of a sudden, he reached out and slapped her, though not very roughly.

"Shut up!" he fairly snarled. Hermione's eyes were wide, and tears had begun to form in them.

"Ron, you…!" she stared him down accusingly.

"Ron! You shouldn't have done that!" Sakura was angered. "BAKA!" Harry looked at her in surprise and bewilderment. The Sakura he knew wouldn't have said that. Then he felt a sudden impulse to yell at them `Shut up!'. But he closed his eyes and fought down the impulse. When he opened them again, Ron was looking very remorseful and Sakura had a horrified expression on her face. Hermione had fled the hall.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ *^*^*^*

Hah! What made them act so OOC? Well, the answer's in the next chapter. ^^ But seriously, the next two chapters are nearly done, just the last few stages of proof-reading. I'll be hanging on to them for a little while.