Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cards of Relm ❯ Chapter 12

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 12

"Sakura-sama?" Yue knocked on his mistress's door.

"Hai! Dare desu ka?" Sakura threw open the door. "Oh, Yue. Come in!"

"Sakura-sama, did you notice anything strange today?"
Sakura turned to him. "You felt it too? Yes, I suspect it's a Relm card-iie, I know it's a Relm card."

"All of us have been acting strangely lately, and Harry, Ron and Hermione have been worrying too. Yue, do you know what card it is?" She looked up worriedly at him. Yue stifled a sigh. She was just the same old person when he had first known her- always concerned about others. What about herself? Didn't she know that catching a card would drain her of more energy than affect others? They probably wouldn't even notice anyway.

"It is the Idiot Card. It makes everyone behave idiotically."

"Hoe?" Sakura was bewildered. "What use did Relm see in it?"

"I have no idea either."

"Hoe? Ano… where do you think it will appear?"

"It should be around the Quidditch grounds tonight."
"Wah! Sugoi ne! You can even know where the card will be!"

"It's nothing…"

Sakura smiled. "Then we will strike tonight!"

~*~*~*~*~

Harry stayed put in his sitting position, his Invisibility cloak and his magic wand in his hands. He absolutely refused to be woken up by a magical staff being slammed down heavily on him.

Just as he expected, Sakura was there, right next to his bed, after everyone was asleep. However, Yue was beside her this time.

"Sakura-sama, let's go," he turned around silently and walked off, his silver white hair swishing a little.

"Hai. Come on, Harry." Sakura smiled warmly at him.

The three of them arrived at the Quidditch grounds fifteen minutes later. Sakura closed her eyes. She strained her magical sense to locate the card.

Just as Yue and Sakura located the card, Harry spotted something moving and bluish, typical of a Relm card.

"Relm card!" they cried/exclaimed/said coolly at the same time. The Relm card looked at them, her eyes looking curiously at them.

"O key that hides the power of the star,

Show thy true form before me.

I, Sakura, With Relm's added power,

Command you under our contract,

Release!"

Sakura thought for a while. This Relm card was fast. She would not be able to catch up with it.

"Loop!"

The Loop formed lines of red that Sakura and Yue knew was a trap. Harry did not, naturally.

"Um, Sakura? What does that card do? I only see two red lines." He pushed his hand through it and fell over, Sakura giving him only a gentle push. He stumbled onto Yue in shock. "Wha-ah?" he walked backwards to find himself face-to-face with Sakura again. "WHAT THE?"

"It forms a trap, Harry," Sakura explained, watching the card all the while. The Relm card was running confusedly back and forth. Finally, she collapsed, looking very dazed. She looked at Sakura, with a look that reminded her of Watery.

"Daijoubu ne," Sakura stepped forward, and knelt down, stroking the Relm card's head. "Daijoubu." She continued this soothing until the Relm card grew unafraid.

"Relm card, please go back to your card form," she whispered. The Relm card nodded. "Return to thy true form, Relm card!" The tip of her wand formed a basic card shimmering with colors. Soon, the Relm card was sealed.

"Done," Sakura smiled a genki smile. The words on the Relm card read: The Idiot. As Sakura turned to find a pen, Harry noticed the words changing to form: The Act, and then again, The Impulse.

"Um, Sakura, look at the card."

"Hm? HOE!"

"It's all right, Sakura-sama. It changes its appearances like that, hence it's name."

"Sou ka." Sakura blinked. "This card is really strange."

"I suppose we had better get back," Yue scooped up Sakura in his arms and spread his wings.

"Chotto, Yue. Harry, do you want to fly?" Sakura smiled at Harry, her wand still in her hands. "With wings?"
Harry nodded. "Why not?"

"Fly! Give Harry the wings to fly!"

~*~*~*~*~

Harry landed in the dormitory, his wings vanishing. It had been a wonderful experience. It was unlike flying his broom, though it was faster, the wings made it seem more magical than the broom.

"Thank you Sakura," he muttered, turning in for what remained of the night.

Unknown to him, Ron was still awake, and therefore had observed his actions. The freckled-faced teen grinned mischievously.

"Oi, Harry," he whispered. Harry fell out of his bed in shock. There was a soft thud as he hit the floor.

"Ron! I thought you were asleep!" He whispered back, gritting his teeth- he had bruised his hipbone.

Ron shook his head. "Nope. Say, you were out with Sakura and Yue, weren't you? What card did they manage to capture? Did you manage to tell her something? What did- mmphf!" Ron attempted to bite Harry for covering his mouth like that.

Harry scowled. "Don't try to bite me, Ron, I know a lot of curses now from the Tri-Wizard Tournament." He warned. "And you were asking too many questions too. And go to sleep. We've got that bloody Divination class test tomorrow. Then if Snape sees fit, he's going to poison the Gryffindors."

"Oh yeah, now I remember. You know, being slowly tortured to death by poison has always been my dream…"

"RON!"

"Goodnight. Don't let the bedbugs bite!"

"GOOD-NIGHT." Harry's tone was final.

~*~*~*~*~

Professor Trelawney was her usual airy-fairy self at class the next day. Sakura groaned silently. Hauuu…She was sure she would fail this test. Sakura briefly wondered why she had not had a prophet's dream for a long time. It would have helped a lot if she knew what was coming for this test…

As Sakura concentrated on the orb before her, she felt very tired all of a sudden. It must have been her expended magic. She pinched herself several times. Finally, she could take it no more. She slumped forward and the crystal ball fell off the table with a loud crash.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ *^*^*^*^*

Mouuuu! I know I'm being a bad author! *smacks head* And most likely you don't want to hear any excuses right??? Please bear with me until this fic is finished. Domo Arigatou gozaimashita. And yes, the capturing of the `Idiot' was based on the recapture of `Dash'.