Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Destiny ❯ The adventure begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cherry Blossom's Destiny

~Selene Serenity~

Chapter One

"A Young woman, chained to her destiny and a man with a heart of ice shall go in, but two angels of love shall emerge. This shall bring the end to

the Shadow cards, and the Clow cards will reign once more. That is the prophecy of it all."

***

"Sakura! You have some mail!" Sakura's dad called from outside as he carried all the mail in. Sakura and Tomoyo were sitting out on the balcony attached to her room.

"I'm coming!" Sakura shouted and leaned against the railing. She dashed back into her room and down to the kitchen. `I wonder who would send something to me.' She thought. Tomoyo trailed behind her with her camera. When they got to the kitchen a package lay on the table addressed to Sakura.

"Oh! I've got to get this on tape!" Tomoyo giggled as she turned the camera on.

Sakura picked up the package and opened it. Inside lay a necklace with a rose quartz stone. A silver coil wrapped around the stone and hanging off the coil were three gold charms, a sun, moon and star. "Wow! This is beautiful." Sakura said as she put it on around her neck.

"Look, there's a card." Tomoyo pointed to the package. Sakura picked up the note and read it.

"Dear Sakura,

I sent this to you because I care for you very much. I saw it and kept thinking of you. I do love you so much that I wish you would be kind enough to wear it for me."

"That's it!?" Sakura screamed. "No one signed it!"

Sakura was turning redder and redder by the second, and of course Tomoyo was taping the whole thing. "Oh! Sakura's got a secret admirer!" Tomoyo teased.

"Oh be quiet!" Sakura said angrily and stomped off to her room, still holding the card and still wearing the necklace.

"What was that all about?!" Touya said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, nothing!" Tomoyo laughed and rushed out the door.

Touya just scratched his forehead. "I'm just not going to ask."

***

The next morning Sakura got up and got ready for her first day of 10th grade. "Are you ready squirt?" Touya called from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" Sakura replied. "Bye Kero." She said to the golden bear playing video games, who waved to her. She walked downstairs and got her roller blades.

After school Sakura roller bladed home alone. As she turned a corner Yukito cycled up to her on his bike. "Hey Sakura." He smiled.

"Hi Yuki." Sakura said vaguely, for she was deep in thought. A few seconds passed and Sakura realized the opportunity she had. "Yuki!" She gasped. "Did you see anything cool in the jewelry store when you passed it did you?" Sakura hinted at the necklace.

"Um no. I usually don't look at that store." Yukito laughed. "Well see you later." He said as he turned a separate way from Sakura.

`Guess it wasn't him…' She thought. `Though he could be lying… NO!' She stopped herself. `You know that Yuki and Touya are together!'

Sakura continued to roll along until she sensed something. "That felt like a Clow card." Sakura whispered to herself. "But I captured all

them." Something was telleing her to go back to the school, so she did. When she got there something that looked like the firey card

was throwing fire blasts all over. "What the heck!" Sakura screamed.

"She pulled out her cell phone and called Kero. "Kero! There's a big problom down here!" After she told Kero what was happening she

hung up and pulled out her key. "Oh ancient key of clow! Release the wand the force ignigte! Release!" The wand appered in place of

the key.

"Sakura! What's going on?!" Someone shouted. Sayoran had just arrived.

"How should I know!?" Sakura said franticly.

"It's a shadow card!" Cerobearus said as he flew over.

"A what?!" Sayoran and Sakura shouted.

"A shadow card. They were created by a rival of Clow Reed. They are the negatives of the clow cards. Sakura, you will need to collect

them to destroy them all." Cerobearus explained.

"This is not how I wanted to start 8th grade!" Sakura whined. "Well anyways how should I fight it?" Sakura wondered.

"Water will only work on short bursts!" Sayoran said as he used his elemental powers.

"Sakura rolled to another side of the school as she thought. "I know! I'll use the sand card!" Sakura decided.

"Sakura! Look out!" Cerobearus shouted. A huge fire blast was hurteling twords her.

Sakura screamed and stood frozen. She closed her eyes and waited for the pain to come, but it didn't come. She now felt two strong

arms lifting her up into the air.

"Thanks Yue." She sighed. `Wow I must be getting used to this! I knew who it was without even looking' Sakura thought. They both

came down to the ground and Sakura pulled out the sand card.

"Sand Card! Release and dispel! Sand card!" She shouted as she used the wand. The firey was beaten and Sakura used the wand

again. "Firey Card! Return to your powers confined! Firey!"

A card floated down to Sakura it looked like a clow card, but tinited black.

Sakura looked at the time. "Oh my gosh! I need to get home!" She shouted. She ran off with Kero following.

AN: Okay, what do you think? Do you like it at all? Please tell me!

Shadow Cards

Chapter Two

"Come on Kero! I told the guys we would meet them at the park!" Sakura sighed as she waited impertinently at the bedroom door. Kero

sat playing video games.

"Hold on! I'm about to win!" Kero shouted. Just as he said this the Game Over sign floated on to the screen. "NO! Not again!" He cried.

Sakura marched over and turned the game off.

"Let's go!" She ordered. Kero sadly floated up into the air and they both left.

When they got to the park, Eriol, Tomoyo, and Syaoran were already there. "What took you so long?" Tomoyo asked.

"Someone had to have his video game fix." Sakura said angrily as she glared at Kero.

"Well sooorry!" Kero sighed.

"So is it true Sakura? The Shadow cards have appeared?" Eriol asked.

Sakura nodded. "Ya, I caught the Firey yesterday." She replied.

Suddenly dark clouds covered the sky. "That came out of no where." Tomoyo pointed out.

"Sakura, this isn't a normal storm." Syaoran said.

"The storm card?" Sakura wondered. It suddenly started down pouring on them.

"Does that answer your question?!" Eriol shouted over the thunder as he walked over to Tomoyo and offered her his coat. Tomoyo was

the only one who came without one.

"Shield card! Release and dispel! Shield!" Sakura yelled as she held up her wand. All five of them were blocked from the rain.

"We're here!" A female voice called as Ruby moon, Spinel Sun and Yue flew into the shield.

"Hi!" Sakura smiled. "So what should I do?" Sakura asked Eriol.

"You have to somehow counteract the lightning's power from the storm and use the power along with the thunder card." Eriol explained.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Sakura said worriedly. "Wait I know!" Sakura said. She pulled out the sword card and changed her

wand into a sword. She walked outside of the shield.

"Sakura are you nuts!?" Syaoran cried.

"This is the only way!" Sakura replied as she held up the sword. Everyone stared at her in shock.

"She'll die….." Syaoran mumbled.

"Wait! What if all of you who have magic powers go help her! That way all of you will lose a little energy instead of her losing all of

hers." Tomoyo suggested.

"That might work!" Eriol agreed.

Syaoran didn't waste any time. He rushed right next to Sakura and held the sword with her. "Guys Let's help!" He shouted.

"Syaoran?" Sakura gasped.

"Don't forget me!" Ruby said as she walked up to her other side. Eriol joined them and held onto the sword. Next Yue joined them all

then Cerobearous and Spinel Sun joined them too.

Suddenly lightning hit the sword and everyone lost a little energy. Sakura then held up the thunder card. "Thunder card! Release and

dispel! Thunder!" The thunder card beat the storm card so Sakura was able to capture it. "Storm card! Return to your powers confined!

Storm card!"

The storm card appeared and the storm vanished. "That was so cool!" Tomoyo shrieked.

"Thanks, but I couldn't have done it with out all of you." Sakura smiled as she looked at all her friends.

One by one they all left in their separate directions until only Sakura and Kero were left. "Come on let's go home. I think there's one

more pudding cup left." Sakura said as they walked home.

The Shadow Cards

Chapter Three

Sakura sat in bed reading a book late at night when she sensed the next card. "Sakura? Did you feel that?" Kero wondered.

"Ya." She nodded as she put her book down. Sakura picked up the book of Clow and her key.

Kero and Sakura were ready to go when she decided to call Syaoran. She picked up her phone and dialed his number, but Sakura heard

a female voice on the other line.

"Hello?" The person on the other end asked groggily.

"Melien!?" Sakura asked shocked.

"Sakura? Is that you?" Melien wondered.

"What are you doing here?" Sakura asked.

"Well I came down to visit for the month." Melien explained.

"That's awesome!" Sakura giggled.

"Well what's going on?" Melien asked. Sakura then explained everything that was going on with the shadow cards and Melien agreed to

tell Syaoran and meet her at the park.

***

"Sakura!" Melien and Syaoran shouted as they ran over to Sakura and Kero at the park. They both wore their normal fighting robes and

had determination in their eyes.

"So what card do you think it is?" Syaoran asked.

"I'm not sure." Sakura replied. Suddenly a blinding light flashed so none of them could see.

"What's going on!?" Melien shrieked. As suddenly as the light came it disappeared, taking Syaoran along with it.

"Hey! Where did the kid go!?" Kero asked.

After he said this Syaoran came back, but standing right next to him was another Syaoran.

"What happened!?" Sakura yelped.

"Sakura! You have to get rid of the fake!" One of the Syaorans told her. "Destroy him! I'm the real one!"

"No! Don't listen to him! I'm the real one!" The other shouted.

"You have to chose!" They both shouted.

Tears started to swell up in both of the girls' eyes. "I can't chose one! What if I pick the wrong one!?" Sakura cried.

"I know what card it is!" Kero shouted.

"Which one!?" Melien asked.

"It's the mirror card!" Kero replied.

Suddenly Sakura knew what to do. She released her staff and pulled out a Clow card. "Voice Card! Release and Dispel!" She yelled as

she flung the card into the air. A high pitched voice rang through the air and one of the Syaorans shattered to pieces, leaving a form of

a young woman behind. "Mirror Card! Return to your Powers confined! Mirror Card!"

"Wow! You did it!" Melien cheered.

"Thanks Sakura." Syaoran said with a smile. Sakura smiled back and looked down at the Mirror Card.

***

That Saturday night, Sakura lay asleep in bed when the sound of metal clattering on the floor woke her up. She looked over to her

balcony, where the noise had come from. Sitting in the moonlight was a silver box. Sakura walked over to it and was soon joined by

Kero.

The box had little saffire stones around it. Tied onto the leg was a key to open the box. Next to the lock was a moon, star and sun. On

the top of the box the word, "Shadow" was engraved.

Sakura opened the box to find a note and two scrolls. Sakura read the note.

"Dear Sakura,

I have seen you wearing the necklace and I am very pleased. This box and the two scrolls should help you in your fight against the

Shadow cards."

"And the secret admirer strikes again!" Kero laughed. Sakura flung him against the wall.

She now read the scrolls to herself.

1 Oh key that gathers powers from the sun, the moon and stars

Release the wand that I may use

Against the cards that he will chose!

That was the first scroll.

This is the second…..

The shadow of night is upon us now,

So I call upon the cards of Clow

__________ card!

Release your powers now!

"What are those?" Kero asked as he floated back over. He sat down on the top of the box. Suddenly, little bolts of lightning started

zapping him and draining his energy. "What's the deal!" He cried.

"Kero!" Sakura cried. She pulled him off of the case. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Ya, but my energy has been drained, big time!" Kero sighed.

Sakura froze. "Oh great having a guardian with his energy drained is not the best thing when you feel a shadow card on the warpath!"

Sakura whined.

"Don't worry. I'll still go with you." Kero told her.

Sakura stood up. "Let's go!" She said.

***

The card led them to the school, where they met Tomoyo. "What are you doing here?" Sakura asked. I saw this big dome thing land

over here so I figured you would be coming." Tomoyo explained.

"Well lets look for the card." Sakura said and gripped her staff. She walked for a few feet. "Sakura stop!" Kero shouted. It was too late.

Sakura took another step and was thrown into a magical dome.

Sakura searched her surroundings. She was in her bedroom, sitting on her bed. Suddenly different people began to surround the bed.

There was Syaoran, Kero, Tomoyo, Yukito, Touya, Fujitaka, Melien, Eriol, Yue, Ruby, Spinal Sun, Kaho and all her other friends.

"What are all of you doing here?" Sakura asked.

"Sakura, you are no longer fit to be the master of the Clow cards!" Kero accused.

"You're too weak to handle them." Yue agreed.

Sakura's heart shattered. "How could this be!?" She cried.

"Just admit it Sakura. You were never that good." Melien and Syaoran said in unison.

Soon all the ones she loved and cared for were telling her how much they hated her.

Sakura put her hands to her ears and shook her head. "NO! This can't be real! It's the illusion card!" She shouted. She looked up,

expecting everything to be gone and to be in the park, but she was still in her bedroom. "What!? Why didn't it work!?"