Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom in the Wolf's Eye ❯ Place and time ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Thanks for uhh.. the review Here's chapter four.

KERO-CHAN CHECK! So far on Kanatasyaoran12's Fan Fic, Coming SO close to kissing Sakura, Syaoran is left to recieve Tomoyo's phone call telling him when his big oppurtunity could occur. Let's see where he is now...SAYONARA!



------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------


Chapter Four

“So, how are things going with Kinomoto-san?”

Syaoran sighed, sinking onto the edge of his bed, the apartment was dark and his window revealed the twinkling lights of Tomoeda mixing with the deep night sky speckled with stars and a lazy quarter moon hung beside Tokyo Tower. He shifted the phone from one hand to the other as he lay back on the mattress.

“Fine.”

“Fine? Syaoran-kun, that’s not right! You used to say you guys were great!”

“I know…we are great but I keep wanting more in the relationship, that’s the problem.”

“You want to sleep with Kinomoto-san? Syaoran-kun you pervert!”

“NO!” he shouted turning bright red as he sat upright once again, “That’s not what I meant, Melin!”

“Then what DID you mean?”

“I…” he bit his bottom lip, unsure if he could really say it, Tomoyo said he was making a big deal for nothing but for Sakura and he…it WAS a big deal! He was completely content in middle school once he returned to Tomoeda, able to see her every day, hold her hand, and casually touch her shoulder or her arm. Even when they embraced he was happy with how child-like their relationship was, it was hard to ever picture something beyond that…until he started high school and saw the couples kissing before they went into the building. That’s when the idea came to him…he wanted to try it. Just once to see if it was suited for them, but at the same time he was worried about what Sakura would think.

“Syaoran-kun? You there?”

“Yes…” he said, covering his face with a hand and slowly rubbing it before standing again. “I want to try kissing.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes, that’s all.”

“Well then do it! It’s not that hard, Syaoran-kun.”

“I know it’s not hard, I’m just…not sure what Sakura would think of the idea.” He said standing before the window and pushing it open to let in the cool night air.

“She was able to accept your feelings wasn’t she?” Melin asked.

“Yeah…” he said, leaning on the windowsill.

“Well, then Kinomoto-san should be able to accept you wanting to kiss her without much of a problem. It’s not your asking to stick your tongue down her throat.”

“Melin!”

“I’m just joking!” she laughed, “I’m sure Kinomoto-san will let you, the most of a reaction you can expect is her blushing.”

Syaoran sighed again and nodded a little even though Melin wouldn’t see it.

“Yeah…ok.” He said quietly, “I’m going to go, tell mom the usual.”

“Gotcha! Bye, bye! Kiss her good!”

“H-Hey!”

Only a dial tone.

“Melin…” he mumbled, shaking his head slowly.

Lifting his gaze back up to the night he felt a warm breeze stir his hair and caress his face. It reminded him of Sakura’s hand earlier that evening…warm and gentle, just like the breath of this wind. He loved that touch…it made him feel so content with everything when he felt her hand on his cheek or her fingers laced with his as they wondered down a sidewalk, talking about anything that crossed their minds at the time or stayed silent, enjoying one another’s company. Intimacy was out of the question with them, neither of them wanted to go that far, Syaoran wanted that one kiss not her virginity. Never in a million years would he dare that feat with his innocent cherry blossom. (At least not in this Fan Fiction)

Closing his eyes, Syaoran imagined her as he saw her that day when he returned to Tomoeda permanently, she hadn’t changed much…she was still the Sakura he loved. Even now she was no different from the ten-year-old Card Captor he first met, thought their relationship had changed greatly. Mistress of the Cards, Sakura Kinomoto…she had captured something more then Clow’s cards from day one, she had captured Syaoran Li’s heart.

“Sakura…”

The phone in his hand suddenly began to ring again, snapping Syaoran from his train of thought. He pressed the button and held it to his ear,

“Hai, this is Syaoran…Daidouji-san?” he was surprised to hear Tomoyo on the other end, it’s been a while since she had called him.

“Konbonwa, Li-kun, I have found the perfect opportunity for you to be with Sakura-chan. Why not the festival at the shrine? This time Hiiragizawa-kun won't do anything, I promise.”

“There's afestival? Hm…well…” he remembered the yukata that Sakura sewed for him and all of the bandages on her fingers, “Alright…but…this time I won’t wear a yukata. T-Tell Sakura that for me, ok? I don’t want her to hurt herself again.”

“I’m sure she won’t repeat it but I will tell her. The festival is this Sunday at six o’clock, pick up Sakura by five thirty and I will meet you two there.”

“Daidouji?”

“Hai?”

“You’re not bringing your camera…are you?” he asked, feeling a little uneasy.

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I? How could I miss the opportunity to record the final moment when Sakura-chan kisses for the first time?”

I knew it… Syaoran thought, groaning.

When Tomoyo hung up, he replaced the phone on it’s cradle, returning to the window and sticking his head out, the breeze was gone now and all he could hear was the city’s night symphony. He smiled slightly, shaking his head.

“Funny how festivals turn up right when you need them.”

He moved away from the window.

- (Meanwhile...)

It seems like he’s gotten taller since we last met…
“Don’t you think it’s a bit silly to return to Japan for a festival?”

“Not exactly…I’ve missed quite a few people in the years it has been since we departed.”

A figure sat in a tree near Syaoran’s apartment, his glasses flashed in the moonlight as he looked to the black cat beside him, smiling down at it before standing up on the branch.

“Besides, how could I refuse a request from Daidouji-san?”

“It’s not likely you could, since she has made quite an impression on you before we returned home.” The cat said, smirking up at his master.

“You’ve caught me, Spinnel.” He smiled, sighing, “But for now, let’s not jump to conclusions. We should find Ruby Moon before she causes a bit too much trouble.”

They jumped down from the tree.

We’ll meet again very soon Li-kun, I’m looking forward to your future with Sakura-san.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
So what do you think? I think it's obvious who the person in the tree was, I'm not good at keeping people oblivious to who's supposed to be the "mysterious figure in the night". Please Review and I might get Chapter Five up by tomorrow. PEACE OUT!