Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossoms Bloom Every Spring ❯ Careful Planning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cherry Blossoms Bloom Every Spring

By: Sorano

Chapter Six

Disclaimer: CCS does not belong to me. It belongs to the talented, wonderful CLAMP and Kodansha.

A/N: Ach, school's getting to me. I'm so busy all the time! I never can find time to write. Though I suppose it doesn't matter cause I doubt anyone will be reading this because Xing destroyed author alerts! *sniff*

Oh, I've drawn a couple pics based on the fic if anyone wants to see them. There on my website at- http://gurlpages.com/lady_titania/nakura.html

"You're getting married!? Oh, Sakura-chan, that's wonderful! This is so exciting!" "Well, Syaoran-kun and I certainly think so. It had to happen eventually." "Oh, Sakura-chan, you must let me design your dress! It'll be just like old times." "Actually," Sakura bit her lip, not wanting to disappoint her friend. "Tomoyo-chan, I want to wear Okasan's old wedding dress. It's very beautiful and it means something to me." "Oh," the girl on the other line sighed. "I understand." Sakura could tell she didn't.

"It's a shame Meling-chan isn't older, or she could've been your flower girl." "I know it's too bad, but Syaoran's little cousin Saioko-chan will do fine. She's an adorable little girl. While we're on the subject, will you be my maid of honour?" "Oh, Sakura-chan! I'd love to! I've been looking forward to this my whole life. Kawaii! Kawaii! It'll be so wonderful, Sakura-chan!"

"And just what does the rest of your family think of all this?" Tomoyo asked with a giggle. "Oh, you know…" Sakura responded with a cheerful laugh. "Oniisan is ready to kill the 'gaki', says he's stealing me off to some foreign country, I'm too young and all that. Honestly, it's only China! And of course, Otousan is supportive of my decisions, despite the ones I've made in the past. He wanted me to make sure I know what I'm doing and that Syaoran is the right man for me, but he said he'd walk me down the aisle with a smile full of only love and joy."

"That's nice, Sakura-chan. I'm so happy for you. Things will work out wonderful for your family, I just know it." "Arigato, Tomoyo-chan. I've to go know. There's so much work that goes into planning a wedding, you just wouldn't believe it!" "Alright. Ja ne. "Hai, ja!"

Sakura hung up the phone and leaned against the wall. Had she really just had that conversation? "It's real…" she whispered to herself. "I can't believe this is for real!" "What is?" A high-pitched voice mumbled from under several piles of clothing.

Sakura found Kero in her GAP sweater. "Hey, Kero-chan, I've missed you! Where have you been?" A frown crossed Kero's naturally bright face. "I-I can't tell you." "Why not? We tell each other everything." "This isn't for your happy ears, Sakura-chan. Not yet." "Hoe?" "Something is coming up, Sakura. You wouldn't believe it."

Sakura shrugged it off, eager to regain her excitement. "You'll be sticking around now though, right?" "Uh-huh, why?" "You haven't heard?" "Heard what?" "You must've been real far away. I'm getting married!" "WHAT!" "Shhh, there're other people in this house you know. They haven't caught onto you in all these six years, let's not start now. When we move into our new house you can scream all you want. Well, not exactly, but you-" "WHO IS IT?" Kero asked, his voice straining. Though he looked angry, Sakura had no idea what was going through his head, fear and pain. "My Syaoran-kun, of course." "Kero?" The yellow plush toy now lay prone on the pink sheets.

* * *

Though the rain beat down on them, Sakura hadn't been happier in her entire life. They had gone for an ice cream, and now walked hand in hand down Ibujko Avenue. "I want a spring wedding, what do you, think?" "I want whatever will make you happy, koishii." "But what do you want, Syao-kun? When would you like our wedding?" "Soon" the boy replied. "Sakura, I thought you were in a hurry. Spring is over."

Sakura sighed. "Summer might be nice, also. I couldn't stand to be married in the winter. It'd be too cold." And as if she could feel it, the girl shivered. "It's now August. A good month." "Yes…We'll need time to prepare, so….how about the 17th of August?" "Sounds good, koishii."

Sakura smiled, feeling absolutely wonderful. Things were turning out so wonderful for her. Absolutely wonderful. She sure managed to turn her life around since those dark days in high school.

They reached Syaoran's large apartment complex, happy to get out of the rain. Sakura, upon entering the dark building, shook off her wet jacket and hung it on the rack to dry. She looked around the room with a renewed curiosity and affection for the place. She had never noticed how quaint this place was, filled with her fiancé

"Are you going to miss this place?" Sakura asked the boy closing the door behind her. "It's your home now." Syaoran shrugged. "It's just a building." "No, it's more than that. Think of all the memories. All the stories to be told. This room is strewn with bits and pieces of our lives. It's amazing to think about."

"I told you this once before, Sakura-chan, in a little rowboat one Sunday afternoon and I'll tell you again. The past was sweet, but we have a whole future ahead of us. Concentrate on what's to come."

Sakura pressed her lips to his, with force unusual for her. "Better yet. Let's stick with the present." Syaoran smiled. "I like that idea." He wrapped his arms around the girl and led her to the plush couch. A warm, safe darkness enveloped the two and all was lost.

It was several more hours before the two were shaken out of their fairy dream land, and brought back to reality, softly, gently, so that the lingering feeling of love still held them even as they made their way to the kitchen. "Look at us," Syaoran said, holding out his still sopping wet clothes. "This rain sticks like glue."

Sakura giggled, pushing her wet hair out of her eyes. "Can I change?" she asked. "You look better that way," Syaoran replied, eyeing her chest. Sakura flushed and hit him softly. "Hentai!" "I'm just kidding, koishii. Come with me and I'll see if I can find anything in your size."

Sakura followed him through the darkened hall to his bedroom, painted a spooky forest green, a constant reminder of who he was. She had been in this room many times before, so the many photographs of herself wasn't quite a shock as it was years before.

Syaoran yanked some clothing articles out of his chestnut drawers and handed them to her. "I'll leave you in here to change, okay? I think these old clothes will do."

Sakura nodded and watched him leave. "Wait! Syao-kun! Remember…" A smiled played on her lips. "Remember the move card? At the library?" Syaoran nodded. "Hai. So?" "Well, when I captured it, I fell it in the water. And you tried to save me, gallant hero that you are." She giggled. "We came back to your apartment so I could change out of my wet clothes." Sakura let out a hoarse laugh. "That's when I first met Meling."

Syaoran regarded her curiously. "Hai, Sakura-chan," he said at last. "I know." And then he shut the door softly behind him, not wanting to see any tears, not hers or…his.

About ten minutes later, because we all know how long girls take to freshen up, Sakura entered the kitchen, looking much more refreshed in a baggy pair of black sweatpants and a loose green t-shirt. Syaoran had set the kettle on while Sakura changed and now he was in the process of pouring a million scopes of sugared cocoa into Chinese-styled mugs.

Syaoran handed a steaming cup of hot cocoa to his fiancée who accepted it graciously. They sat at a small table that they both well knew, and enjoyed the comforting sounds of the rain pelting outside against the windows.

"Oh, to be like this forever…" Sakura sighed. "Forever. You know it's forever, koishii. Speaking of forever, we have stuff to plan." "I thought it was my job, as the girl, to bug you about wedding plans." "Well, if I left it up to you we'd never get anything done." "Are you calling me lazy?!" "No," the boy answered calmly. "Just that you tend to procrastinate." Sakura pouted, choosing to look cute rather than get angry. "I resent that." "Maybe, but you know it's true."

"Hai." She snuggled up to him, finishing off her drink. "So… what needs to be done?" She whipped a pen and paper pad from her purse which just happened to appear the way things tend to do in anime. "Well, we need to write up a guest list. Who will invite to our wedding?" "Everyone!" Sakura said flippantly.

Syaoran sighed, taking the writing tools away from her. "Let's see, Tomoyo-chan, Rika-chan, Naoko-chan, Yamazaki-kun, Chiharu-chan," Sakura ticked names off her fingers faster than the poor boy could write. "Otousan, Okasan, sort of, Oniisan, all of your family-" "All?!" Syaoran asked wide-eyed. "Well, it doesn't hurt to invite them all. Probably only half will show up. Oh, and we simply must invite Eriol-kun, Nakuru-chan, and Suppi-chan! And Miziku-sensei. What a shock she'll get when she finds out were getting married!" "I'm sure Hiirigazawa-kun has already told her," Syaoran replied dryly.

Sakura smiled. "I don't see what you have against him." "He could've killed you a million times," Syaoran growled. "Nani? You don't think I can take care of myself?" "Of course…It's just…." "I know. Who else should we invite? Terada-sensei?" "I'm sure he would love to see us get married." "Would he even remember us? That was so long ago…" "No one could ever forget Sakura-chan." "Oh, you!" "Maybe we should just invite the whole city!" commented Syaoran. "Everyone knows you." "All of Japan should be invited!" "What about China?" Syaoran pouted. "Okay, the whole world then!" "Do you know that many people?" "Iie, but I intend to." Syaoran giggled girlishly, feeling very silly. "Let's extend invitations to the whole universe!" "I'm sure Martians give very interesting wedding gifts!" The two lovers (^_^) fell over eachother in peals of laughter, feeling super silly.

Syaoran flushed. "Sakura-chan, you're going to humiliate me someday. Look how you make me behave!" "I'm keeping you from being a stuffy old lump like you were when you first came to Japan!" Sakura retorted with a laugh. "You thought I was stuffy?!" "You just sat there and glared at people!" Syaoran sobered. "It's amazing what you've done to me, koishii. Think of where, who, I might be today if we had never become friends. We could be bitter, quarrelling enemies that still haven't captured all those damn cards. You're light, your love, transforms everyone it touches, Sakura-chan. You saved me from loneliness. From myself."

"Syao-kun! I love you!" Sakura wrapped her thin arms around Syaoran and squeezed until her couldn't breathe. "Let's not get all sappy, though, okay?" Syaoran nodded relieved, face red. "It's just not us. And we still have work to do, don't we? Why do people bother going through all this work just to get married? People should just profess their love for eachother and drive away into the clouds to live together alone forever and forever in pure happiness. So simple…" "Now who's being the romantic? Every girl loves her wedding. I know you want one too. You're just lazy." "I know. You've only reminded me a million times this evening."

The two stayed up all night, going through a total of 20 mugs of hot cocoa, planning out their perfect dream wedding. Sakura fell asleep on Syaoran's shoulder at five a.m., and woke up a couple hours later; feeling not tired at all.

* * *

Kinomoto Fujitaka didn't bat an eye when his daughter entered the house early that morning. He was getting used to her coming in at all hours. He didn't worry or get upset because he trusted his daughter. He knew she could take care of herself and that she wouldn't do anything foolish. Those days of staying up all night waiting for her return, wondering if she would still be innocent or if she'd be high to the sky when she returned, were over. Sakura, his innocent darling musume, was safe and free once more. He was so proud of her.

"Ohayo, Otousan," Sakura said with a yawn, flopping down on the couch. "Syaoran-kun and I finished planning our wedding. It was so much fun." "You look exhausted," he pointed out as he sat beside her.
"I'm not really. Oh, Otousan…." Sakura went on with details about her wedding, but her father's thoughts were elsewhere.

He saw his daughter's flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes and was reminded to his sweet Nadeshiko once again. How alike the two were! Nadeshiko was so much the same during her wedding! The fey-like young woman had pranced about, spreading her joy with everyone else. Oh, Nadeshiko-chan, he missed her so much then. How you would've loved to see your daughter's wedding. But he knew deep in his heart that his wife was watching this spectacle and wouldn't miss the even no matter where she was. Nadeshiko had been watching over Sakura every minute of every day since she passed away, keeping the girl safe always.

"Otousan!" Sakura laughed. "You aren't listening to a word I'm saying, are you?" "Huh? Yes, of course I am, Sakura-chan." "You miss Okasan, don't you?" "Hai. I've never stopped missing her. I miss her every day very much. But it doesn't hurt too much because every time I want to see her I just have to look at your cheerful face and I'm filled with joy." "Do I remind you of her?" "Very much, my musume. You are very much Nadeshiko's child."

"Why don't you lie here and get some rest, Sakura, and I'll make you some of your favourite pancakes." Sakura's smile widened. "Hai! I just love your pancakes, Otousan, and you haven't made them in such a long time!" Fujitaka smiled. "Well, then, I'll get right to it." "Will you shape it in the Sakura kanji, just like you used to do when I was a child?" "If that's what you want. And would your little friend upstairs like some as well, with his voracious appetite?"

"Oh, I'm su- You know??? Hoe?" "About Cereberos? Of course. I've always known. Cute little thing. Came right down last night and introduced himself. We had quite a lively conversation. You should have brought him down sooner. Six years is a long time to live in a house and not get the opportunity to meet it's other inhabitants."

Fujitaka smiled to himself and left the room, leaving a dumbfounded Sakura to fall asleep on the couch, wondering why she ever thought her father wouldn't understand Kero-chan. Apparently she had under-estimated him.

******************************************************************* ***********************************************

A/N: Finally, another chapter finished! I hope there is readers to appreciate it! I really like this chapter, though it's quite mushy and nothing much happens. Just a bunch of WAFF and sap, but I know some people like that sort of stuff (myself include). Please review and continue reading! I love all you guys!