Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate ❯ When Secrets are Exposed and True Love Conquers All. ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chaptre 5: When Secrets are Exposed and True Love Conquers All.
 
The windows looked as though they were about to break. The thunder shook the whole house. Sakura and Syaoran rushed out the front door.
 
Outside was chaos, pandemonium. Syaoran looked around and saw lightning and thunder going mad, striking here and there.
 
“Time!!” screeched Sakura from behind. At once, the lightning froze and the sound of thunder was silenced.
 
Looking behind, Syaoran saw that she was panting. Sakura looked at him and said “I'm alright.”
 
They listened. It was quiet, too quiet…
 
All of a sudden, strips of white and lavender ribbons were dancing in front of them. The ribbons shone as they formed the shape of a tall woman. As they left the tall figure, Li Yelan was revealed looking down at them resentfully.
 
“Xiaolang!”
 
The young chocolate haired male winced at the sound of his Chinese name from his mother's lips.
 
“How dare you disobey the orders given to you by the council of the Li clan! Wasn't it clear that you are to stay away from the cherry blossom? You were told to keep away from Kinomoto Sakura!” her voice was so unyielding it made Sakura shiver.
 
Stay away from me..?
 
Syaoran on the other hand, stayed completely still as he glared into his mother's eyes.
 
“Mother, you know very well that I respect you. But what you are making me do, I cannot accept!”
 
“You are the successor, the heir! You cannot live life fully devoted to your duties if you are bounded by such mortal feelings such as love!”
 
“MY duty mother; is to stay here and protect the only one precious to me. I love her mother can't you just deal with that? She brought back my memories just by smiling at me warmly! Why don't you understand?!”
 
Sakura blushed scarlet at Syaoran's flare-up. As if on cue, he looked around and saw Sakura, wide-eyed in shock. Looking away quickly, he focused his attention to Yelan.
 
Sakura's POV
 
He just said….. He….loved me.
 
But this feeling…it's not like I expect it to be.
 
I expect to be confused and afraid, but instead I feel…
 
..Happy.
 
I like this feeling, so much.
 
I smiled.
 
The chocolate has regained its sweetness.
 
At Hiragizawa Eriol's Manor,
 
Eriol smiled as he looked into a mirror floating a few inches off the floor that portrayed what was happening at Sakura's house. “That Yelan is so persistent. I can see where my adorable little descendant got his stubbornness.”
 
Tomoyo was beside him, looking a little worried. “Eriol, are they going to be alright? Yelan-san seems so….dangerous.”
 
Eriol just chuckled and removed his glasses, putting them on the desk near them.
 
“What happened to Yukito-san as well?”
 
Eriol looked at her, their faces a ruler away.
 
Tomoyo turned pink. He looks so cute without his glasses…
 
Eriol merely commented, “I know” which made Tomoyo grow even redder.
 
“No.. I mean.. well… I uh…” she stammered.
 
Eriol changed the subject and explained.
 
“As you well know, Yukito and Yue was once the same person. When they were separated, Yue was the good and Yukito was the bad. It still wasn't certain whether that would be the case. There would be a possibility Yukito would retain his kind manner.
 
But since he did not, Erase did its job and erased him, along with all the memories of the people who knew him. Sooner or later, it will erase Sakura's memory of him and even yours. Erase is a dangerous card; it has the power to even erase love.”
 
Tomoyo stared at him in curiosity. “So Sakura's feelings for Yukito-..”
 
“…was false.” Eriol finished. “Erase doesn't need to delete any feelings because Sakura didn't fall for Yukito; she fell for the warmth he used to emit.
 
Sakura's true feelings……are yet to surface.”
 
Suddenly, a wave of energy was spread throughout the room and Tomoyo heard a faint sound of bells. When it ended, Tomoyo asked,
 
“Uh…Who were we talking about?”
 
“Oh nobody…” Eriol said grinning. Erase, you're always on time, as usual…
 
Back at the Kinomoto House,
 
“Why do you have to stand between me and everything that makes me happy?!” Syaoran yelled.
 
“Because….I don't want either you or even Sakura hurt.” Yelan confessed sadly.
 
“So you erase everything that made me smile, that made me laugh? If you consider that protecting your son, then you are very much mistaken!”
 
“No, what I mean is, when the time comes for you to take your position as leader of the clan, you'll be so busy….you might hurt Sakura and yourself. I don't want what happened to me to happen to you…”
 
Syaoran remembered what happened to his mother. The council said that her love for Syaoran's father had been distracting her from reaching her true potential in her work, so they separated the couple.
 
But since they loved each other so much, even distance wouldn't matter. So in the end, the council had erased his memories and his love for Syaoran's mother. Yelan was devastated and after that, she never smiled.
 
Syaoran looked at his mother reproachfully. He walked towards her and gave her a hug which surprised her.
 
“Mother, please don't worry. That won't happen to me, I promise you. I'm not ready to be the leader but at least one of my sisters can be. Please mother, I want to be with her.” he said in a soothing way.
 
Yelan hugged him back reluctantly and smiled. “I... understand.”
 
She looked at where Sakura was and told her “Thank you Sakura, my son has never felt this warm and has never been so sweet. It was you; the love you mixed in his heart changed him.”
 
Sakura blushed deeply and looked down.
 
Yelan then disappeared in a dance of ribbons once again, leaving Syaoran flustered.
 
“S-Sakura…” he said, his back still facing her.
 
At Hiragizawa Eriol's Place,
 
“This scene looks so KAWAII!!!! Where's my camera?!?!” Tomoyo screamed with stars in her eyes.
 
Eriol sweatdropped. She'll never change.
 
Tomoyo was filming as she said, “Thank you Eriol for giving me a chance to film this.”
 
“No pro-..” Tomoyo kissed him on the cheek.
 
Eriol turned tomato red and his face felt hot.
 
Tomoyo just smiled and kept filming.
 
I'll get my chance someday….
 
Back at the place where Kinomoto Sakura resides in,
 
She ran up to him, auburn hair swishing everywhere as Time returned to its card form, and gave him a big hug which made them fall on each other.
 
“Ow….” Syaoran said rubbing his head. He looked up and saw Sakura staring at him.
 
“W-what?”
 
“I love you.” She said straightforwardly and sat up.
 
Syaoran stared at her like she was something out of the ordinary.
 
She is something of the ordinary…. She's someone heaven sent. He smiled to himself and closed his eyes.
 
He felt something warm and soft brush against his lips. Syaoran opened his eyes in surprise and met two emerald eyes.
 
Sakura started to laugh at Syaoran's stunned face.
 
Syaoran blinked and smiled. “Hey, that's not fair! Why don't I get to kiss you?”
 
“You'll have to catch me first!” Sakura stood up and ran towards the park. Syaoran then followed.
 
He caught her under a big cherry blossom tree and drew her gently towards himself and kissed her.
 
I feel like the happiest guy in the world….
 
Sakura rested her head on Syaoran's shoulder as they sat on the bench under the cherry blossom tree and said,
 
“Syaoran….you taste like chocolate.”
 
 
-Owari—
 
Authors notes:
 
It isn't too boring, is it?
It wasn't too confusing?
 
I hope all of you like it. Sorry if it isn't good.
 
Please R&R.
 
If you liked it, and I get more reviews, I promise I'll make more.
 
If there are any complications, I would be happy to hear your questions.